griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Yeah I agree about the lack of announcement upset. We were told a week ago that there would be an announcement this week and it just created excitement all over. I imagine many people were on forums and internet more than usual waiting for the news of a release date but we've all been let down in that respect.

I don't mind if it's delayed, I love the mod and I could keep playing it for weeks and months more but talking about releasing it this year and announcements that never materialise isn't really fair. I wish they didn't say anything at all to be honest.

I do think it is slightly unfair for him to actually say, and I will quote:

"Will be giving everyone an update on DayZ status this week for sure!"

This was his actual words on his twitter post, which can be found at:

Now, do tell me If I sound slightly harsh on rocket, but getting peoples hopes up isn't such a good leadership move.

PERSONALLY, I don't mind if he doesn't make an update, I just want to see the game when its ready for some testing, but until then, I think rocket should NOT write these "false" posts.

HOWEVER, ​the day is still not yet over, he could be writing a MASSIVE paragraph for us to read right as we speak (VERY UNLIKELY) but it could still happen in the... Two hours left of the day (UK Timing).

Nevertheless, just don't think about the game or release dates. When there is an update, you WILL hear about it.

Just chill and play some games.

jesus people don't get it do they?

He cannot make the announcement until he knows steams plan for release, because otherwise you would all complain that he did not give you any news of release dates.

It is all up to steam now, they might release it another way, but thats unlikely. He is not keeping you in the dark because its delayed. if he knew it was delayed he would tell you. As of right now it's not in he's power to release it without the green light of steam.

That is news. and he is trying he's best to get the word. For now it is still very possibly there will be some sort of release this year

the game is ready. there is no need for him to delay it personally. but other things factor in on when it can be announced.

For the lazy people, here is rockets post on reddit

Reason for no tumber post

It's taken a bit longer to get the news out than I expected, simply because I spent 30 hours in a plane, arrived home for the first time in a year, and realized how dog-tired and sick I was from having worked like crazy for a year. I slept for about 20 hours in a row.

I'm drafting together the roadmap, and the news will be good and naturally not perfect. We're happy with how things are going, and the more time that goes on the more we can confirm. For me, the most important thing is not to confirm anything in the devblog that we don't have a high confidence in. Sometimes that means I have to leave stuff out, or wait to say stuff, because we just don't know how it will turn out. We're very, very early in the development process - at a time when experimentation of core elements is still very much in vogue.

While me heading back to NZ for a couple of weeks is going to make things a bit slower, already the psychological benefits are feeling massive for me.

The December target I set was a good and bad thing. It was good because it forced our development to push heavily towards a target. Without that target, I have no doubt we would be significantly further behind than we are, and we probably would have made some different decisions which would have not been as positive for the project. It was bad because of the expectations it set. That target relates to what was achievable in terms of releasing a "mod on steroids", whereas halfway through we abandoned that and went for a "new game based on the mod" - which is far more ambitious and really what everyone wants. But that meant achieving the december release is much harder, still because I'd made that promise it made the programmers work much harder.

It does become a bit overwhelming when literally everywhere I go, both on the internet and in real-life, everyone bombards me with wanting to know what is happening.

Clue for KSB players

For those that play KSP, let me put it like this:

We've achieved escape velocity, it's just that our inclination is a bit off.

About factors for release out off he's control.

I could say "it has been delayed" but what has been delayed? there are many forms and ways to release something. The fact is, there are many things we COULD do, and we're checking to see that what we can do is the best for where we want to be in a few months time.

So saying it will be delayed would be incorrect, as it may not be delayed. But exactly how, what, and in what way of release - all these things need to be considered against how they factor into future releases. It is not only me, or even the dev team, who make those decisions so there are many stakeholders. I could announce all these things but it is unfair until all those stakeholders involved have a chance to input as they are affected (or some, such as Steam, required to do some work as part of it).

permalinkcontextfull comments

Edited by Ovation

This does not mean it wont be released actually you should be happy to know that they have worked there asses of so hard for us that its very much ready, could be release this year or next but only a few weeks away tops

Edited by Ovation

His reddit post was so vague that it could mean anything. Don't jump into conclusions. He said he would give an update (FOR SURE) about DayZ. All we got was a riddle that wasn't even on the proper place (the development blog) and explains nothing.

Like someone said before, I'd rather have no news of an update and just keep waiting, than having him saying stuff like this and not delivering. This is exactly the same thing as saying you'll deliver a product to a client and then fail to him.

If he is unable to give a heads up because of a third-party, why would he even say anything like that at all?

I'll ignore his posts from now on and I'll just buy the game whenever it comes out. This is one of the reasons why a game developer shouldn't handle the communication with the public.

• Like 1

His reddit post was so vague that it could mean anything. Don't jump into conclusions. He said he would give an update (FOR SURE) about DayZ. All we got was a riddle that wasn't even on the proper place (the development blog) and explains nothing.

Like someone said before, I'd rather have no news of an update and just keep waiting, than having him saying stuff like this and not delivering. This is exactly the same thing as saying you'll deliver a product to a client and then fail to him.

If he is unable to give a heads up because of a third-party, why would he even say anything like that at all?

I'll ignore his posts from now on and I'll just buy the game whenever it comes out. This is one of the reasons why a game developer shouldn't handle the communication with the public.

I totally agree with you man, following up on all these riddles (sorry for bad spelling, its late) people should stop trying to figure them out and just wait for the actual thing.

PEACE

will it have all the other modded maps?

No. It will be on Chernarus Plus.

Edited by smasht_AU

Everything has been said, the Rocket stalk was a good laugh for a few posts, but now it seems that mainly people, who do not know what they are talking about, are left. This never ending whining sucks !!! Take a look at games like Diabolo, Duke Nukem, Max Payne etc etc and how companies like EA or Ubisoft are treating their customers...you are counting days and hours...wtf..even a week delay for an anouncment would be be business as usual....Kindergarten

I don't mind if it's delayed, it'll get released when they are ready to release it.

That being said, I think it's kind of shitty to say 'big update this week' and then have nothing to say.

'Hey guys, we aren't going to make the original deadline, the truth is, the game isn't yet ready, I'll post more after the holidays.'

That took 15 seconds to post..

Sorry, but NOBODY is that busy, they cant post up a simple status report like that. Straight to the point and no riddles.

People are going to buy the Standalone regardless of when it's released, I will, so will countless others, and we're cool with having to wait longer for a more complete product. We have the mod to keep us occupied in the meantime, we aren't being deprived, we're fine, really...

• Like 8

I don't mind if it's delayed, it'll get released when they are ready to release it.

That being said, I think it's kind of shitty to say 'big update this week' and then have nothing to say.

'Hey guys, we aren't going to make the original deadline, the truth is, the game isn't yet ready, I'll post more after the holidays.'

That took 15 seconds to post..

Sorry, but NOBODY is that busy, they cant post up a simple status report like that. Straight to the point and no riddles.

People are going to buy the Standalone regardless of when it's released, I will, so will countless others, and we're cool with having to wait longer for a more complete product. We have the mod to keep us occupied in the meantime, we aren't being deprived, we're fine, really...

it's because, you don't understand at all whats going on.....

Reddit:

Rocket: I'm drafting together the roadmap, and the news will be good and naturally not perfect. We're happy with how things are going, and the more time that goes on the more we can confirm.

What if rocket told you the game is ready for us to play? but that its not in he's power to release it. Or would you still want him to release it later?

"Hey guys, waiting on steam to tell us when there ready for release before i can announce anything.....game is good to go."

that took 15 seconds. happy? ok good. stop saying its delayed or not. its neither so stop.

He's not going to post on tumbler an update untill he knows 100% when and how they release.

Edited by Ovation

From the majority of the veterans here in the forums, we don't care if it's gonna be delayed or not. We just want the game.

This is DAYZ!

• Like 1

"Hey guys, waiting on steam to tell us when there ready for release before i can announce anything.....game is good to go."

Very good, see? Isn't that better than the last update? Again, don't read anything into what I'm saying more than "if you say you're going to provide an update, that's great, we'll be happy to read it. Just actually give us an update." The point is, if it's delayed, okay.. we'll survive :)

Everything has been said, the Rocket stalk was a good laugh for a few posts, but now it seems that mainly people, who do not know what they are talking about, are left. This never ending whining sucks !!! Take a look at games like Diabolo, Duke Nukem, Max Payne etc etc and how companies like EA or Ubisoft are treating their customers...you are counting days and hours...wtf..even a week delay for an anouncment would be be business as usual....Kindergarten

Yet, waiting a month for an update is what we see happening with DayZ, no?

Chernarus Plus sounds good, cant f(*&kn wait =]]]]]]]]]]] Come on steam!

Well we can only hope that the problem is with the "thrid" partys.

But anyways i am sure we will "all" be pleased once it gets released, and hopefully the gamestyle will change a little from not shooting everything on sight.

I have no Problem if the Release is later but it is time to make the Date clear!

Waiting without knowledge makes me more disappointing then a clear release date.

So Rocket....have balls and tell us the truth! Is DayZ SA coming in december or is it January/February?

I hope he's not getting frustrated at his rustled community. Official date of release was December. Here we are halfway through December with no idea of what is going on. No one can blame anybody starting to get impatient for some news.

• Like 2