griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Facts:

• Running on "Arma 2.5" engine. Will include an updated Chernarus map.

does this mean we will have to have arma to play dayz standalone?

Nope. The point of as "standalone" game is to, um, stand alone, as in on its own. you buy dayz and you dl it and then you play. no mod files to install, no mess, just pay then play. just like every other real game :D

• Like 1

Facts:

No. if that was the case it wouldn't be a standalone game.

Come on leave the guy in peace, certainly no need to text him. Let him spend some quality time with his family and friends and sneakers.

It will happen when it happens, and when it happens it will happen.

Relax, I have never known so many people waiting to waste all their free time playing a game.

I hope they test the SA before they let us buy it! (Top Secret) or when we purchase it the servers will go into meltdown, with 500,000 people all logging on together.

Facts:

Standalone should give you a clue?

No need for Arma

Facts:

No, every game is developed with an engine. DayZ is going to use a tweaked version of the ARMA engine but it will completely be its own game.

Edited by Lights Out

Not being a negative Nancy here, but I'm pretty sure the game won't be out by the end of this year. It's logic. Why I think that? The game is supposed to be out in what- 15 days? And the only info we get is pretty much the info we all knew or was being speculated about for months, yet no pictures, videos, dates or anything.

Still waiting for the game though and am gonna buy it when it releases.

Not being a negative Nancy here, but I'm pretty sure the game won't be out by the end of this year. It's logic. Why I think that? The game is supposed to be out in what- 15 days? And the only info we get is pretty much the info we all knew or was being speculated about for months, yet no pictures, videos, dates or anything.

Still waiting for the game though and am gonna buy it when it releases.

Which is also the reason why it can be released this month. Rocket said that if the SA gets delayed, he would discuss it with the community but he's not sharing anything with us at the moment so this silence could mean the final preparation for the game.

Yes, it could be. Simply because until we get a definite official answer or some sort of news, pretty much anything is possible. But, since we haven't, chances are it's not going to be given the lack of any solid info on the game that's supposed to be in alpha state (playable).

Edited by Tilen

Furthermore, the game is most likely not going to get finished during holidays. Right?

Well. I suppose. If it could be finished he could just confirm that via twitter in 160 characters and it would be fine. A blog post can be delayed then.

But since it might not be released this year, he needs the blog post so he can explain why so that not everybody rages like a bitch.

Special tactics.

• Like 1

Steam will be used for distribution so if it's gonna happen this month, they will probably either begin or end the steam winter sales with DAYZ.

It's not the full game yet and will have a discount so this would be the perfect time to propel the game into the world.

It has been cancelled, if you had taken the time to read the forums, you would be aware!

Link? Think you are trolling personally.

It has been cancelled, if you had taken the time to read the forums, you would be aware!

Link or it didn't happen....

Link or it didn't happen....

He is trolling. It followed this thread since quite a while and I can assure you that it has not been canceled.

@Michaelvoodoo25

Why are you trolling the poor little bunnies? It´s not even funny :(

Edited by rekcneb
  • Like 1

probaly delayed, Arma3 got delayed aswell while both games are different they could have the same reasoning behind them

In California, I woke up all week long to see if any news is out, but like everyone here on this forum still anticipating by the end of the week which is tomorrow! I go back to work after this long vacation in January so I hope we get at least some news by then. I would like to play while on vacay but if not I hope to at least know what's going on with Rocket and his team and where the development is at.

Well, I said it first. Remember my words, okay? I'm gonna be famous one day for this. DayZ Standalone is not going to be released by the end of the year 2012.

Edited by Tilen

Well, I said it first. Remember my words, okay? I'm gonna be famous one day for this. DayZ Standalone is not going to be released by the end of the year 2012.

Isn't it quite clear though?

People say what they want! The Rocket has already said it will be released later this year!

do not talk what you do not know!

:P