griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

So guys what do you think about what i should do !?

i only want DayZ not any of arma ii games or mods but i can't wait so should i wait the SA or buy it now !?

at this time wait for december thats so far the date we hear about this. But i do hope the devolopers come with some confirmations that it actually will start in december, so people who are now waiting can think over their plans for buying arma2:co yes or no. Moneyz

at this time wait for december thats so far the date we hear about this. But i do hope the devolopers come with some confirmations that it actually will start in december, so people who are now waiting can think over their plans for buying arma2:co yes or no. Moneyz

It was confirmed already, standalone releases in december. Check first post.

It was confirmed already, standalone releases in december. Check first post.

so i say december a couple of times, ofcourse i read first post. But we also heard some rumors about rocket not going to make it and confirms he is going to climb a mountain, unregister from the military in NZ. So far we only heard december. Was it just to much to ask for a more set date, maybe something more then a couple of screenshots. Yes i know those guys at the Warz would love to see what rocket is doign so they can "borrow" it for their game, but same thing can be said for the other upcoming zombie survival game noone ever seems to mention Zombie U for the WiiU. What i seen inventory management actually looks good already for a console game.

I <3 dayz but i honestly need my shots for the standalone before i even consider buying, preordering however you want to call it with the alpha, minecraft sales model

For forum users, you sure don't do a lot of post reading...

so i say december a couple of times, ofcourse i read first post. But we also heard some rumors about rocket not going to make it and confirms he is going to climb a mountain, unregister from the military in NZ. So far we only heard december. Was it just to much to ask for a more set date, maybe something more then a couple of screenshots. Yes i know those guys at the Warz would love to see what rocket is doign so they can "borrow" it for their game, but same thing can be said for the other upcoming zombie survival game noone ever seems to mention Zombie U for the WiiU. What i seen inventory management actually looks good already for a console game.

I <3 dayz but i honestly need my shots for the standalone before i even consider buying, preordering however you want to call it with the alpha, minecraft sales model

We cannot announce the exact day, as is the nature of releasing in alpha. That day could change...on the day...and we try not to announce anything unless it's set in stone. The devs are on track for December.

Most games when they announce a release date have the game largely finished and they're already working on the DLC, the date just helps the marketing department. This does not apply for DayZ

• Like 6

so in other words chances are there it isn't even december so why i get corrected then read its december. There is no confirmation as of yet. For me personally i really would like to know if i can get dayz for xmas or even for sinterklaas (dutch thing) and with january ahead thats even a moredifficult month as the 1st 2 months of the year most people are not spending much as they did that for the holdiay season already.

but yes probaly overlooked that griff, sleepy as hell and this thread is going on for quite some time, losing things of what has been said or not.

Edited by Onaturi

Can't wait to see something, WarZ can pinch all the ideas they want, that game is horrific, I pissed myself laughing the first time I saw a WarZ zombie moving towards me... that's not supposed to happen.

• Like 1

one thing i wonder is if it is going to be through steam or like BI's website. I would honestly prefer steam, but I know that would raise the price point a bit.

The Alpha certainly won't be released on Steam, I doubt it will ever be released on Steam - if it is it will be a lot farther on in the development cycle, Valve only allow proper finished games on Steam.

if rocket is smart he wont release this on steam.. had so many problems with dayz and steam that i decided to get the retail key, never had any problems with the game after going to the retail version. as well my friend told me that games on steam vs same games retail: retail games perform faster and more stable than the same ones on steam

if rocket is smart he wont release this on steam.. had so many problems with dayz and steam that i decided to get the retail key, never had any problems with the game after going to the retail version. as well my friend told me that games on steam vs same games retail: retail games perform faster and more stable than the same ones on steam

That is just patently untrue - your friend is talking out his arse, to put it nicely.

There is no difference between performance on Steam compared to retail.

The only reason people were having problems with Steam and DayZ is because DayZ involves adding extra files into the Arma II folder which when checked by Steam doesn't match up (As it is meant to).

The standalone wouldn't involve tampering and changing files and Steam wouldn't complain about it.

• Like 2

What you have said makes literally no sense...

For me, the only difference between retail and Steam is that I don't have to have the disk in the drive to play the game...And usually that is enough of a reason for me to choose Steam.

There is literally zero performance hit from choosing Steam. The fact is, Steam is less hassle because you don't have to find the disk, then wait for disk confirmation before games load.

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 2

Well if i can buy it with Paysafecard i'm getting it right away :)

What you have said makes literally no sense...

For me, the only difference between retail and Steam is that I don't have to have the disk in the drive to play the game...And usually that is enough of a reason for me to choose Steam.

There is literally zero performance hit from choosing Steam. The fact is, Steam is less hassle because you don't have to find the disk, then wait for disk confirmation before games load.

well for arma2/dayz you don't need the disk anyway. Personally i don't like steam cause there is no way to choose where the game will install so you have to give steam a whole partition (thats one of the main reasons ) so i'm not a fan if he releases it on steam.

• Like 1

one thing i wonder is if it is going to be through steam or like BI's website. I would honestly prefer steam, but I know that would raise the price point a bit.

its ok to br through steam or any other website, but you must be sure that the site support alot of ways to pay that Include the whole world

because iam from Egypt [Middle East] And getting it gonna be so hard if the site dosen't support my country

Yeah Zombie U seems to be a really interesting game and it has perma death aswell. But I think it is single player only, that's ok. I'm not gonna buy a WiiU for one game though. ;)

And about WarZ stealing DayZ's ideas: You can't prevent that. It happens all the time, with all the other video games. And that is a good thing in a way, because competition is good, games evolve and some day we might get that (near)perfect Online-Horror-Survival-Game. DayZ is just the beginning.

so in other words chances are there it isn't even december so why i get corrected then read its december. There is no confirmation as of yet. For me personally i really would like to know if i can get dayz for xmas or even for sinterklaas (dutch thing) and with january ahead thats even a moredifficult month as the 1st 2 months of the year most people are not spending much as they did that for the holdiay season already.

but yes probaly overlooked that griff, sleepy as hell and this thread is going on for quite some time, losing things of what has been said or not.

Read it again. It's coming out in December...that is the update.
  • Like 2

I normally buy guys at retail then redeem them on steam, simple because no one really buys PC games in store any more so they sell dirt cheap. :D

And if i remember correctly, wasnt there already a post stating that Rocket had intended to release the standalone on steam at some point anyway?

Dose anyone know where I can buy it from ? What website? (DayZ Standalone)

sorry if this question has already been answered

I normally buy guys at retail then redeem them on steam, simple because no one really buys PC games in store any more so they sell dirt cheap. :D

And if i remember correctly, wasnt there already a post stating that Rocket had intended to release the standalone on steam at some point anyway?

You buy guys at retail, then redeem on steam?

I'm sorry but i may have to give you a warning - as far as i know slavery is against the law.

• Like 4

You buy guys at retail, then redeem on steam?

I'm sorry but i may have to give you a warning - as far as i know slavery is against the law.

they sell a physical game box that basically just contains a code to redeem on steam. I agree it's silly, but he's right that sometimes they're dirt cheap (cheaper than directly from steam)

to answer his question, I'm not sure if steam will get involved with this 'minecraft model' thing. I'm sure they'd be glad to host the finished product. but I'm not sure if they want to get involved in charging for an unfinished product. they might not want to be the middle man if people start demanding refunds or whatever. I really don't know though...

they sell a physical game box that basically just contains a code to redeem on steam. I agree it's silly, but he's right that sometimes they're dirt cheap (cheaper than directly from steam)

to answer his question, I'm not sure if steam will get involved with this 'minecraft model' thing. I'm sure they'd be glad to host the finished product. but I'm not sure if they want to get involved in charging for an unfinished product. they might not want to be the middle man if people start demanding refunds or whatever. I really don't know though...

Yes, but he is buying guys!!

• Like 1

Standalone should be buyable even if you dont own paypal or you can't create it.

• Like 3