griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Is this true? I was once on my way joining a group and one of the group members looked like shit... told him so and he claimed that he was infected about last week and now starts to look quite ill and will look even worse in near future.

Was that just some custom skin he made (and so: did he trick me with that) or is it possible to get infected? What is the consequence if beeing infected? Just looking ill or will an infected person turn to a zombie (and so die within the game?)

It is true, must have been a custom skin.

Only thing that you can get from zombies is "flue", your char will start couching... like from when your temp gets low.

There is no players turning zombies...

ps. You can choose zombie face for your character from profile menu.

Edited by Zeppa

I really dont care that there making it a stand alone i just hope it donest come out soon bc i just spent 30$ to get the mod the mod is amazing some little glitches need to be fixed but thats it i hope when it does come out i hope its only 20$ just because theres no missions or anything you do the same thing start by coast go out find stuff try to be friendly or bandit die and do the same thing over and over so i hope its around 20$ if anything its a great and fun mod

I really dont care that there making it a stand alone i just hope it donest come out soon bc i just spent 30$ to get the mod the mod is amazing some little glitches need to be fixed but thats it i hope when it does come out i hope its only 20$ just because theres no missions or anything you do the same thing start by coast go out find stuff try to be friendly or bandit die and do the same thing over and over so i hope its around 20$ if anything its a great and fun mod

Excellent news, I hope they do put a good price on it too $60-80.

This will keep the idiots and hackers away.

Alot of people can't afford $60-80... I think around $30 is a good price for the first alpha release, then maybe $60-80 when it's finished, as with Minecraft's system.

so are they going down the war z/minecraft route? If so i think rocket and the rest of the team have to be careful about this. It could lead to a little backlash considering the amount of people hacked off about it re the war z. I think minecraft was a very unique game and following suit may not be the best idea.

I personally am much happier to invest in dayz than the war z considering i played the dayz mod and i know it has a good solid grounding. But i still feel somewhat jipped about having to pay for an alpha. But i WILL support it if it goes that way because i respect what he (rocket) has done so far. But i dont know how many people who havent played the dayz mod will buy into the alpha.

I was under the impression that rocket now had funding behind him/ a proper team. I wouldnt have thought there would be a need to a pay alpha. :(

Correct, but in what way are zombies more realistic than zombies with antifreeze in their blood? We have never encountered a real life zombie so we can only fill up the term "zombie" with our own imagination

America is filled with real life zombies...people walk around unaware of what's really going on around them, oblivious to everything except fast food, american idol and "reality" tv shows. jut saying

• Like 1

no different than our use of the internet or playing pc games. It's all self indulgence. "jut saying"

• Like 2

the one thing I think the stand-alone really needs to prove is that it can get better performance out of this engine. I can't think of any other game where you see people with gtx 680's, and such, complaining about performance. I have faith they can do it, but at the same time it remains to be seen

the one thing I think the stand-alone really needs to prove is that it can get better performance out of this engine. I can't think of any other game where you see people with gtx 680's, and such, complaining about performance. I have faith they can do it, but at the same time it remains to be seen

Yes, this game is heavy on your CPU, not the GPU so much.

And Rocket have said that performance will increase with standalone.

yep, I've noticed that. I think a lot of it is AI. some of the single player Arma 2 missions are really bad

I know rocket has said it will be improved, but like I said, it remains to be seen. not to be a dick, but the proof is in the pudding

Played the WarZ and EH, not impressed. So I think I'm going to find another game to keep me entertained until this bad boy comes out. I wouldn't mind waiting either, because I prefer a longer wait for a better game.

Can't wait!

Played the WarZ and EH, not impressed. So I think I'm going to find another game to keep me entertained until this bad boy comes out. I wouldn't mind waiting either, because I prefer a longer wait for a better game.

Can't wait!

"EH", What game is that?

Edited by xtri90

Can't wait!

lol

You said you don't mind waiting and then ended by saying you can't wait..

I know exactly how you feel! ;)

• Like 1

In arma, every single bullet is processed in real time. Also the players don't have hit boxes like in battlefield or call of duty. And yes the AI take a lot too, even the zombies in dayz. The zombies in dayz basically use a modified arma enemy ai, so basically instead of finding cover and stuff, they are to run at you at the best path they can find and smack you. In the standalone, much of the AI mechanics that are not needed will be gone, and the code will be directly involved with the engine. Can't wait till this come out :), so much more fun without zig zaggy zoombiezz.

• Like 1

Never played DayZ, I was always stuck between getting WarZ or DayZ and today I made up my mind. I am gonna invest in the DayZ standalone. Cant wait to get this game.

• Like 1

Never played DayZ, I was always stuck between getting WarZ or DayZ and today I made up my mind. I am gonna invest in the DayZ standalone. Cant wait to get this game.

You made the right choice.

• Like 1

I can't wait for items that all have their own model. in other words, no more having to check what every green bag is (makarov mag, ak mag, map, compass, smoke nade, etc)

• Like 2

Thread unlocked. I don't want to see anyone posting anything like;

"I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free!"

You bought a game for a free mod, that was the decision you made. By the time the standalone is released, you will have 2 games (Arma 2, DayZ) for less than the price of Skyrim.

People who fail to heed this warning will receive one.

so can i talk to you through IM

so can i talk to you through IM

It will get you nowhere.

Rocket is a tremendous inspiration to us all. To go from a modification creator, to selling a million boxes of Arma 2, to becoming a employee is just an amazing story. It's too bad that the WarZ game is forcing paid alphas from sides however, keep your integrity man, and profit will follow.

WarZ didnt even deserved to be named on this forums (or any other forums lol) imo.

Read that 1.7.3 will go live today, some of the fixes actually are from the SA, can't wait for this monster game to be released =)