griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

can you please add my question of how the hacking or prevention of hacking will alter from what we have now which is a hackinfested mess .

also if it isnt reolved and still rife can players get there money back ?

Are you kidding? He does not give you link to create new question... it is already answered there!!!!

can you please add my question of how the hacking or prevention of hacking will alter from what we have now which is a hackinfested mess .

How about you stop being so lazy and ask him yourself. He's addressed this at length on this forum just last night. I guess you want me to run a quick search for you and give you the link too. Is your secretary on holiday?

• Like 2

Also this may be a silly question about standalone does that mean it will be released in stores or just on the website?.. Maybe a little early to ask

71: Q: Is DayZ standalone going to be distributed online at BIS website or is DayZ going to be a spinoff with it's own full identity and maybe a separate studio?

A: I would like to run my own studio one day, but now is not the time. BIS is awesome and the natural partner for development of DayZ. Distribution is still TBC, but I would not expect a retail product anytime soon. It would be digital.

I think my question will be answered with Q93. So close!

How about you stop being so lazy and ask him yourself. He's addressed this at length on this forum just last night. I guess you want me to run a quick search for you and give you the link too. Is your secretary on holiday?

Wow, customer service @ its finest.

Wow, customer service @ its finest.

Customer service, where? As far as I know there's no customer support or anything like that considering DayZ is not a released or yet a game available for purchase.

and your a forum mod :rolleyes: sorry i dont read every thread on here . please leave more sarky comments .

i was asking a proper question it doesnt have to be answered by him and it is a very important one that cropping up everywhere.

One post above yours I left a link with over 100 hundred answers about the future of DayZ. Have a read and while your doing that I'll find the link where he was discussing the hacking issue.

Edit - Here's one: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/92188-players-in-24h-count/

I'm about to log off for a bit, I'll add some more a bit later. Have fun.

Edited by Fraggle

and your a forum mod :rolleyes: sorry i dont read every thread on here . please leave more sarky comments .

i was asking a proper question it doesnt have to be answered by him and it is a very important one that cropping up everywhere.

Hacking is probably the #1 most asked question, and Rocket has answered it almost as many times as it has been asked about, I think he answered it 3 times in the this thread http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/38476-the-one-line-questions-for-rocket-thread/page__st__300.

Use the search feature for the love of god.

well here you go not much basically sounds like he isnt doing the cheating side of the game. also priority number 2 hmmmm. cheating is number one .

31. Q: Rocket, how goes the fight against the hackers? How high are combatting hacking on your list of priorities?[KField86/Zutha]

A: It is priority number 2, behind fixing major bugs. it is being dealt with by Bohemia's key programming minds, who have already implemented the initial solutions in the standalone code.

So, as I said in my first post with the link to that page, when the thread is unlocked (he has a few more questions to answer first) put in a question yourself, ask him to be more specific if that's what you want. Ask him the excact same question you were asking on here, that's why I posted the link in the first place. I was actually trying to help you by letting you know the thread is there. I'm not sure what else I can do for you.

Edited by Fraggle

I'm fairly certain that they will clearly state that it is a work in progress, and will not allow you to get your money back if that's the case. hopefully the hacking will be resolved, since it won't be the same "core game" but a completely new game (from Arma) built from the same engine. With access to the engine they should be able to clear up the scripting, but folks will always find a way, we just have to hope that it will be much harder and fewer people will be willing to go that far.

wow basic human laziness and stupidity at its finest.

What he said, smart-ass remarks from some Mods are common, problem they shouldn't be.

Your mis-quoting Poisonman, he was referring to the user above, not me.

Guys... agree with Fraggle. Moderator are not here to answer your questions...

Moderators are here to control and clean up threads...

He linked here thread about Standalone where Rocket answers most of the questions about game and you can't even search trought it for your question?

btw i hope that Rocket will finish all questions i can't wait to get hands on Standalone

• Like 3

well here you go not much basically sounds like he isnt doing the cheating side of the game. also priority number 2 hmmmm. cheating is number one .

31. Q: Rocket, how goes the fight against the hackers? How high are combatting hacking on your list of priorities?[KField86/Zutha]

A: It is priority number 2, behind fixing major bugs. it is being dealt with by Bohemia's key programming minds, who have already implemented the initial solutions in the standalone code.

Also you can see there, that the measures to prevent cheating has already been implemented... only time will show how it will work, you cant quarantee nothing on something like this.

Free mod. Free message board. No one here has any responsibility to be your servant.

Even if none of this was free, on forums it's usually expected that you do a search before asking questions or starting threads.

• Like 6

Lol, we should sticky that, it would save us all a lot of time.

I highly doubt that it would get any attention, when sticky thread with

Please read BEFORE posting

title wont.

Maybe just add it in that thread and make it starting page of suggestions section :D

• Like 1

I haven't played it, but aren't the Dead Space monsterbabies more monster than baby? Like, hardly baby at all?

In Dead Space 2 there are actual babies with glowing backs that crawl towards you crying then explode. :thumbsup:

thing is this is how it works on big popular forums

threads are often mislabled or not what one would search for or could be on another topic totally unrelated. also forum mods sometimes do the shove it all in one pile to one either silence a topic or stop it ongoing. most people havent got 1 hr spare to read whole threads. cheating is probably the biggest thing at the moment in this game forget about bugs if solving cheating isnt the main priority then the game will fail .

doesnt matter how smooth your fps how great the game if all your going to get is start game teleported die. start game hacker breaks leg , loot hacks , hacked weapons man the list is endless with this game. i love the game but i havent been able to play it for last two weeks becuase of cheats !

so i come to forum to try to get a answer and all you get is use search or clever admin response :rolleyes: i expect you to defend it mr admin but ...... ive played the game now i know how bad the cheating is currently i just wanted reasurrances that when you ask for my money again very shortly there isnt a get out clause like oh its ALPHA deal with it . w are in alpha now so is it going back to alpha again becuase of standalone ?

im not saying that to be smart i just dont want excuses when the cheaters start doing the exact same thing within the very first week of the standalone release !

as for the response on the search it says it is number 2 priority behind bugs. also that rocket isnt doing the work its others at bohemia.

the game hasnt totally been rebuilt its ben tweaked. its still arma mod at heart . so maybe the cheats will just be slightly adapted and work. i guess well see.

really do hope you can curb the cheating but its just how the arma games are they built for cheating adding extra stuff i dont see how you can stop it . good luck with it i wont mention it again . i will bookmark this thread though ready for first week of release to see if it comes true and wait to see if the alpha excuse is used

• Like 1

In Dead Space 2 there are actual babies with glowing backs that crawl towards you crying then explode. :thumbsup:

Actual babies neither glow nor explode, though they have been known to cry occasionally.

I think having infected children in Dayz would lead to a ban/cencored version in many places, just like it happened to Fallout. But you never know...

• Like 1

thing is this is how it works on big popular forums

threads are often mislabled or not what one would search for or could be on another topic totally unrelated. also forum mods sometimes do the shove it all in one pile to one either silence a topic or stop it ongoing. most people havent got 1 hr spare to read whole threads. cheating is probably the biggest thing at the moment in this game forget about bugs if solving cheating isnt the main priority then the game will fail .

doesnt matter how smooth your fps how great the game if all your going to get is start game teleported die. start game hacker breaks leg , loot hacks , hacked weapons man the list is endless with this game. i love the game but i havent been able to play it for last two weeks becuase of cheats !

so i come to forum to try to get a answer and all you get is use search or clever admin response :rolleyes: i expect you to defend it mr admin but ...... ive played the game now i know how bad the cheating is currently i just wanted reasurrances that when you ask for my money again very shortly there isnt a get out clause like oh its ALPHA deal with it . w are in alpha now so is it going back to alpha again becuase of standalone ?

im not saying that to be smart i just dont want excuses when the cheaters start doing the exact same thing within the very first week of the standalone release !

as for the response on the search it says it is number 2 priority behind bugs. also that rocket isnt doing the work its others at bohemia.

the game hasnt totally been rebuilt its ben tweaked. its still arma mod at heart . so maybe the cheats will just be slightly adapted and work. i guess well see.

really do hope you can curb the cheating but its just how the arma games are they built for cheating adding extra stuff i dont see how you can stop it . good luck with it i wont mention it again . i will bookmark this thread though ready for first week of release to see if it comes true and wait to see if the alpha excuse is used

Like you said, we'll wait and see. Let's hug it out.

• Like 2