griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Yeah, DayZ standalone! :beans:

I just have the slight impression that it will not come out this year (in Alpha state) though.

There is NOTHING on www.dayzgame.com

And Rocket tweets mostly about the DayZ dog which (for me) is a minor addition to the game. Or he tweets about playing Kerbal Space Program what is even worse. =)

So, I think we will get a great game someday, but not this year. What do you think?

Well... Rocket is not tweeting only about Dogs and KSP :) he (they) is still aiming for this winter (december) to release a Alpha version of game ;) And i hope he will get to it... because even December is too far for me :)

I am pretty curious how much game will change... i love the immersion and simulation atmosphere of the game right know :)

Too many clone games have now come along using other Arma2 maps, he's missed the boat on this, a mod is what Dayz will allways be, there will be no standalone.

Too many clone games have now come along using other Arma2 maps, he's missed the boat on this, a mod is what Dayz will allways be, there will be no standalone.

This is your opinion and your problem... continue to play DayZ mod as long as you wish.... rest of us will play Standalone version... because it will be something different and hopefully something better... if you think that map is all that DayZ needs to it's perfection you are wrong

Are you serious? You actually think they won't release the standalone?

This is your opinion and your problem... continue to play DayZ mod as long as you wish.... rest of us will play Standalone version... because it will be something different and hopefully something better... if you think that map is all that DayZ needs to it's perfection you are wrong

Are you serious? You actually think they won't release the standalone?

I agree with you two. BI has way too much invested to just drop it at this point. There are already significant resources being employed in the standalone's direction. If anything, the other maps people are making for DayZ are proof that it has staying power. I'm not sure how you come to the opposite conclusion. If I were in control, the other similar style games and especially the new maps would bolster my confidence in the idea, and encourage me to make the standalone the best it can possibly be, because there is obviously demand. I wouldn't say, "Oh hell, other people took my idea, time to pack it in..."

VBS (sold to the military) was created on the back of Arma.

BIS are more than capable of releasing another IP. (see Take-On Helicopters, Carrier Command)

I don't particularly care when the SA will be released. There's too much happening in the community outside of the SA.

You gotta stop and consider the B2, if they were helping out as much as stated then they will be hard to replace, so I would expect a slower development.

With new maps coming and other mod makers showing their stuff, there's a lot to play with in the Mod for now! Lots of experimenting which is good for the game in the long run.

I hope the SA when it does come out will be stunning, new weather, Chernarus Plus, rag doll physics, it already sounds like a new game. I only hope the core of DayZ will remain for the experience.

• Like 2

I would very much like it if they don't blanket the whole map in zombies and peril. I enjoy the downtime in Dayz quite a lot and hope the game doesn't become a fast-paced shoot-em-up.

• Like 1

The zombie noises currently stink, there should be a lot more moaning which increases with the amount of zed there is.

I have read a lot of zombie books etc and quite frankly the noise orchestrated by massive amounts of zeds increases the anxiety and mood of the survivors quite a bit. A lot of the mood to the game will depend on them getting it right...

Yeah I got 2 questions :

1. Is the standalone coming these months / year I have no prb buying the Arma II and have the mod for DayZ but I don't to buy it and in 2 months boom Arma III launched already and DayZ standalone imminent.

2. Is it just me due to lack of actually playing or are the zombie bit passive and not as many and or aggressive , I mean folks are just passing them around without any difficulties

Yeah I got 2 questions :

1. Is the standalone coming these months / year I have no prb buying the Arma II and have the mod for DayZ but I don't to buy it and in 2 months boom Arma III launched already and DayZ standalone imminent.

2. Is it just me due to lack of actually playing or are the zombie bit passive and not as many and or aggressive , I mean folks are just passing them around without any difficulties

1. No one can really answer that BUT atm the standalone alpha release is predicted to be this year.

2. Yeah, they are passive. Sometimes you run past them and they don't give a flying f*** but sometimes you are 500 meters away, crouching over a field, and a Zed somewhere aggros at you. They are buggy, therefore unpredictable but generally easy to avoid. But once, a single hit from a Zed knocked me out and I wasn't able to recover from that blow (the Zed ate me while I was passed out). So, as I said, they are somehow unpredictable. =)

What are these new maps being made for DayZ? All I see are maps that already existed long before DayZ mod came out.

So, Is the alpha release going to be an open or closed alpha?

Since Rocket stated that he wants to sell DayZ standalone similiar to Minecraft (early development release), I would say: open alpha

• Like 1

1. No one can really answer that BUT atm the standalone alpha release is predicted to be this year.

2. Yeah, they are passive. Sometimes you run past them and they don't give a flying f*** but sometimes you are 500 meters away, crouching over a field, and a Zed somewhere aggros at you. They are buggy, therefore unpredictable but generally easy to avoid. But once, a single hit from a Zed knocked me out and I wasn't able to recover from that blow (the Zed ate me while I was passed out). So, as I said, they are somehow unpredictable. =)

Oh peachy so it's not something familiar. They tend to be alot unpredictable.. Cheers on that.

Since Rocket stated that he wants to sell DayZ standalone similiar to Minecraft (early development release), I would say: open alpha

Thank you very much, that cleared a lot of things up, I don't have DayZ but I want it bad, I also want to play WarZ. So I will gladly pay full price for DayZ: SA, when it comes out! :)

As i first played DayZ it was awesome now i see this support.... still that artefakt glitch... embarrassing.... warZ will own you and i will buy warz just because of youre uber bad customer support. DayZ is dead !

• Like 1

As i first played DayZ it was awesome now i see this support.... still that artefakt glitch... embarrassing.... warZ will own you and i will buy warz just because of youre uber bad customer support. DayZ is dead !

You mad bro? Did you get a Global ban or something? anyway i'm sure the Dayz community will get along just fine without you. :rolleyes:

You may own WarZ someday. But WarZ won't "own" DayZ. In fact, WarZ won't "own" any decent PC game there is. WarZ is a scam game made by a terrible lead programmer. If you are familiar with the internet you can do some research. There is a very good post on Reddit about all the facts on WarZ: development time and so on.

So, think about it: WarZ may "own" you and everyone who will buy it. Maybe (because WarZ is all about money) the game will even own you in the end: weapons with pricetags, "you need water? gimme your money!" Stuff like that.

And for a fact: I will laugh about you on Youtube, because your WarZ backpack will be hilariously oversized. :P

• Like 1

I think you guys are really mad because you know that dayz is dead. Yes i did researches and i saw many gameplay vids etc , and warz that does the things right that are epic fails in dayz.

Guys no need to be mad just because War Z will own DayZ . And btw the last time i played dayz is about 2 month ago because its just a joke to play with all these glitches and fails.

Its an unplayable game . Oh yes its an alpha bla bla bla same excuse as always ? sure why not its an simple excuse but still no excuse for letting all people that have been supporting dayz down for such a long time.

DayZ team is spitting on each and everyone of you .