tuleg1t

Yay, Bandit and Hero identifiers are coming in

So against this... one of the big draws for me in DAYZ is that you just DONT know if someoen is a bandit or survivor and that is an intense feeling.

Even as a medic most of the time, I hate this idea.

Keep it so everyone looks the same imo

At this point I almost welcome their return so all the people who think they are going to be a magical solution to all their troubles realize that they get shot in the face just as often as they ever did and that people not wearing the skin are still going to be just as dangerous.

Exactly. Nothing is going to be any different than when bandit skins were in the game. It may lessen it 5% if that, but overall in the grand scheme of things there will be just as much KoS mentality as before. Trust me when I say this. I was around pre-humanity. I'm around now. It's not any different.

How are you supposed to change your humanity by helping people if everyone shoots you on site because you accidentally got the bandit skin?

Avoid the cities and high traffic areas? With only 1 murder it didn't really take long before to lose the skin. It's really not hard to avoid people in 250 square kilometres of map and only becomes a problem if you insist on running back to the cities.

I called it, Bandit skin had to make a come back!

• Like 2

For banditry, if you kill a lot of people, the higher tier skin could be a ghillie suit. I don't know what to think of for a hero though. They wouldn't need a ghillie if they didn't kill people.

For banditry, if you kill a lot of people, the higher tier skin could be a ghillie suit. I don't know what to think of for a hero though. They wouldn't need a ghillie if they didn't kill people.

So your idea is to make bandits even more difficult to see, yet leaving hero's/survivors out to dry?

Edited by Mirkz
  • Like 4

Terrible idea.

Ugh this is terrible, didn't he learn that they don't work when it ruined the game?

Probably because the removal ruined the game even more. ;)

• Like 5

Glad to have this! Don't care about the hero one or the name, but the bandit skin is good. Now i can finally FUCK some people up royally. Pains a coming to the assholes who never bothered to think about what it was like to be someone else.

• Like 1

So your idea is to make bandits even more difficult to see, yet leaving hero's/survivors out to dry?

I said I didn't know what to do for them... I was just coming out with suggestions.

• Like 1

I do hope that he's clever about identifying people with high humanity. Using supplies (minus bullets) on other players might not cut it. it would have to give VERY low +humanity to not counter-balance all the murders that might get shared among a bandit group. That and players could intentionally boost it to mislead strangers.

Perhaps only raise humanity when a player kills bandits, or as an act of self-defense from neutral attackers. Although it does sound very hard to survive KoS players consistently.

To balance that, have humanity counts that are higher than default carry over lives, with lower than default humanity resetting. The logical explanation for it: There would be plenty of good-willed people in that should carry into the apocalypse. However most of the people running around commiting murder probably hadn't killed a man before the outbreak.

The reward of retaining a visible sign of honor over each life also encourages players to consider the consequences of killing on sight. Much like a person in that scenario would consider their morals.

Aaaaand now we're back to stupid shit. How about introduce MORE skins, or let us pick a skin at spawn or something? Bloody hell.

Aaaaand now we're back to stupid shit. How about introduce MORE skins, or let us pick a skin at spawn or something? Bloody hell.

This would accomplish far less.. Just picking a skin doesn't declare your actions.

• Like 1

I never played during the bandit skin days so I think it would be good to try it again

hey guys i got a great idea lets have an interview with a game dev and have retarded people in the back ground making noises so we cant hear him lolzzzzzzzz

• Like 5

But what if someone shoots you first, and you kill him but he has no murders so you turn into a bandit from self defense... Right?

I hate that he only tests small things.

It's an alpha bro.

Break the game already.

What else do you expect from someone with a lack of experience in game developing?

• Like 1

hey guys i got a great idea lets have an interview with a game dev and have retarded people in the back ground making noises so we cant hear him lolzzzzzzzz

I was thinking that the whole time.

Heroes should get a clown costume with red hair.

• Like 1

Sure, bandits can be the only ones with the ghillie but the hero gets to see all bandits on the map and arrows that point directly at them when he's within 500 meters.

But what if someone shoots you first, and you kill him but he has no murders so you turn into a bandit from self defense... Right?

That's the way it was. We have no idea how it may work now.