tuleg1t

Yay, Bandit and Hero identifiers are coming in

i believe most of you don't even look at their face when you start shooting at them

• Like 1

I dislike the bandit skin, but a medic skinn whould be great .. guys with zero murdering and help other people should get this ..

• Like 1

I dislike the bandit skin, but a medic skinn whould be great .. guys with zero murdering and help other people should get this ..

To make them an easier target? Every bandit would instantly know that they can easily get the first shot on those guys.

To make them an easier target? Every bandit would instantly know that they can easily get the first shot on those guys.

as a bandit you shot everyone in your sight, but survivors will know that is a good guy and maybe not shoot

as a bandit you shot everyone in your sight, but survivors will know that is a good guy and maybe not shoot

I've seen a guy patch up another guy and then he got shot for it. I can see why this would be a nice feature for the Wasteland medics or similar groups, but for most people it's just a "kick me" sign.

• Like 1

DayZ Commander is "Fan Made" and beats SixLauncher by freaking miles!

Yeah, I started using it recently. It's a thousand times better than SixLauncher/Updater

I guess you haven't noticed that killing a player who shot at you first doesnt count as a murder...its a bandit kill. Maybe 'cause you always shoot first?

Wrong. I got shot at first in a barn, turned around, killed him and got a +1 Murder.

We can be heroes!

Just for one day :<

Let players choose "Bandit or survivor"

Bandit.

Permanent bandit skin, so everyone knows you'll kill everything.

Survivor, Start as survivor, kill too many players and you turn to bandit. As for "killed on self-defense", you'll get change to redeem yourself and bury your victim.

Not perfect but best i can come up with.

I believe this will be a welcomed new feature because... It's new again. Any new differentiation from the vanilla player model would be nice. Embrace the changes.

Just don't hold your breath many people become friendly afterwards though.

You'd need a flashing light to indicate bandits as most of the time the tosspots are miles away looking through the scope of a rifle. They don't have the balls to get close and personal with assault rifles.

Let players choose "Bandit or survivor"

Bandit.

Permanent bandit skin, so everyone knows you'll kill everything.

Survivor, Start as survivor, kill too many players and you turn to bandit. As for "killed on self-defense", you'll get change to redeem yourself and bury your victim.

Not perfect but best i can come up with.

Sounds familiar...

you'll get change to redeem yourself and bury your victim.

I mostly bury my victims to deny respawns whatever gear I leave on the body.

i believe most of you don't even look at their face when you start shooting at them

Agreed. Bandit skins would need to be a "whole body" thing. It would need to be something along these lines:

When you spawn how your clothing is random. Once you become a bandit, you always have the black clothes and baseball cap and if you are a survivor you would be outfitted differently etc.

You should be able to tell friendly/bandit from a distance.

---

That being said, I am all for the unknown fear factor that comes when meeting and seeing a player in the game. I think it adds a good amount of suspense and entertainment that would be lost if we had bandit skins.

Agreed. Bandit skins would need to be a "whole body" thing. It would need to be something along these lines:

When you spawn how your clothing is random. Once you become a bandit, you always have the black clothes and baseball cap and if you are a survivor you would be outfitted differently etc.

You should be able to tell friendly/bandit from a distance.

---

That being said, I am all for the unknown fear factor that comes when meeting and seeing a player in the game. I think it adds a good amount of suspense and entertainment that would be lost if we had bandit skins.

Ah yes, because every survivor is psychic and can tell with a passing glance the intentions of a stranger. I forgot about that.

I think something approaching good solution would be, if you got friendly cloth after 30 mins of play without murder, and you could wear it or not as you please. You´d lose it after your first murder. Bandit cloth(/skin), you got once you had your first murder, and then its your decision to wear it or not.

Edited by dzzz

Hackers beat him to it. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a neat concept, though. It'd really help the KoS epidemic.

You're kidding right?

Fresh bandits will play noob on a fresh spawn, ask for a Hero and KoS in the back when they're armed and the guy isn't looking.

How do I know? It's what I'd do.

Can someone post a picture of the Hero skin?

Considering Rocket only spoke about the idea of it a while ago, no.

Edited by Banicks

They are already ingame.

Edit: I'll try get my hands on some civ clothing so i can take a SS of the survivor clothing.

Edited by Suicidalpanda

This will do nothing, because in overall the Mod went to hell. The amount of idiots on a hill killing spawns wont change! When you find someone the bandit skin doesnt really mean much in my opinion. If you have better gear he will still be tempted to put a bullet in your head.

I got killed today in Cherno because i heard some dude break is leg and stood up to try and see where he was, i wasnt standing for 1 min and got a headshot will trying to talk to the dude to go and help him.

"Trying to be a "hero" huh? Nice, ill kill him."

And before this i died in the middle of the woods, trying to make a fire, because some hacker decided to nuke the server, making me lose my ghillie.

Plus there are way to many problems that need solving.

Just think..

- Tent saving needs fixing to stop duping or whatever it is;

- Leg breaking is still stupid in many ways;

- Loot spawning still stops from time to time;

- Hacking is over the roof;

- Ghillie and Camo still glitch, plus, they bug your backpacks now;

- Big cities have too few zombies, people spawn and immediatly run in Elektro, Cherno, Berezino and pretty much get everything they need to start killing some noobs;

- Zombies are still too easy to lose and deceive, and their movement is still horrid, its like if David Cooperfield and Usain Bolt had a child, it would be a DayZ zombie;

- If you change your bag with one on the floor, yours dissapears;

- Inventory mechanic is the worst i've ever seen;

- Dcing so you wont die continues;

- Server hoping continues;

- People using empty or private servers to get gear continues;

And this is just the ones i remembered.

Dont take me wrong, i will keep playing, and ill keep telling everyone this is a great "game" and that they should try it, i just think the direction that the development is taking, doesnt seem to focus on the real prioritys. Thats all.

I rather have a KoS Chernarus with things working properly, then a Friendly Chernarus full of bugs and hackers. Why worry with the KoS if you can die opening a door?

It's an alpha. bug fixing is done in beta.

Until we get bandit groups with one hero, running about getting the trust of others to be shot in the back by the Heroes group!