tuleg1t

Yay, Bandit and Hero identifiers are coming in

Unless the skin evolves as the player does.

Here is a concept:

1-2 Kills - Neutral

3+ Kills - Bandit

Bandaging another player removes 1 Kill

Blood Transfusions remove 2 kills

If you are at neutral, banding and transfusions give positive points.

Sooooo.. Every bandit that has a friend will be a bandit but wont carry with him the bandit skin? I can see them now, running against a couple of zeds just to get bleeding and let his friend bandage him so he can lose the skin.

• Like 2

Sooooo.. Every bandit that has a friend will be a bandit but wont carry with him the bandit skin? I can see them now, running against a couple of zeds just to get bleeding and let his friend bandage him so he can lose the skin.

It is speculation, its not a confirmed way of reaching a higher humanity. No matter what happens you should still be cautious of other survivors in general, but at least you know if you see the bandit skin then you better act accordingly.

Make friends?

Does rocket have to wipe your ass for you next?

If you can just shoot your clan mate and then bandage him to lose the bandit skin than what is the point of all this?

Rocket wiping my ass? So I guess there is no discussion is there? Its just "Agree with me or fuck you". It seems.

Don't really see how this will be any different from the original bandits skins. The game still cannot differentiate between killing someone for fun and killing after being shot at.

Didn't know that. Good to know.

This. In case VOIP friend is not available, break some unarmed noob's legs, then fill him up with 10 bloodpacks.

Seriously guys, stop posting idiotic suggestions like "bandaging should remove bandit skin".

@bandit skin: better than nothing, but imo Rocket should just bring the hammer down on deathmatch. Punish it. Zero humanity triggers infection and turns players into zombies, problem solved.

Edited by SamSpam

Here is a concept:

1-2 Kills - Neutral

3+ Kills - Bandit

Seriously?

I can see it now. A bandit shoots guy and then bandages him, then kills him.

According to your guideline. He is neutral at 0 kills.

And if you think that is not possible... I've actually had that happen to me.

Also... there is a video of hackers in limo's... they shot a dude so he had broken legs so he had to crawl around and BANDAGED him to keep him alive and stuck crawling around.

If you make the reward system too easy, it will be like Ultima Online, where you had people with FULL honor PKing people, and then just killing mobs to get Honor back.

Here is a concept:

1-2 Kills - Neutral

3+ Kills - Bandit

what if Im a bandit and I want to help my bandit brothers by bandaging/giving blood, then I would have to track down a few schmucks and kill them just to get my skin back.

Here is a concept:

1-2 Kills - Neutral

3+ Kills - Bandit

That would pretty much make the bandit skins non existant since every bandit could just bandage his buddy 10 times.

I think the original was pretty good think it was 500 humanity for a transfusion one kill did not make you a bandit and slow humanity regeneration while moving(making it possible to turn you back into a survivor in less than a day).

Hope it possible to ad a mechanic to prevent gains from multiple transfusions to the same charakter.

Edited by Knollte

As long as this isnt enforced i am all for it. Adding skins or scarves or whatever to differentiate who you are should be an option only. If a bandit wants to show everyone he is a bandit then let him wear the old bandit skin if he wants. If someone who is friendly wants others to see that he is a friendly (or pretending to be) then give him the option to wear something.

Just because you are a bandit shouldnt mean others can tell straight away - we may as well go back to the old bandit skin days otherwise.

Giving us more options and skins and letting us, the players, choose how we want to be perceived and i am all for it.

@bandit skin: better than nothing, but imo Rocket should just bring the hammer down on deathmatch. Punish it. Zero humanity triggers infection and turns players into zombies, problem solved.

I heard punishing PvP is very high up on Rockets agenda. Willing to bet this is going to happen in the next couple of patches. From what I understand it was along the lines of, if you kill someone you get a timer, once that timer reaches zero you explode. Ways to increase the timer are bandaging and blood transfusions. This is just what I heard though. I could see this as being fair, as long as the timer has enough time to give people an opportunity to help others. If it is too short, I could see some problems with this idea...

RELEASE THE RAGE DAM

I want a cape for the hero.

Edited by Dickhat

Don't get why bandits are only getting a scarf but the stuff for the hero with high humanity sounds kinda cool.

I never thought of the idea of giving heroes a skin, I think it's brilliant, a way to further decipher who's god or bad. It will also most likely minimize the problem with regular survivors shooting people, this will show you exactly who you can trust, although at the same time I think it's getting a little to unrealstic, part of the idea surrounding meeting new people is that you don't know if they are good or bad.

Like the concept of Humanity indicators, will be interesting to see how it will be implemented though.

• Like 2

I really liked the way the bandit skin looked, it was always something cool to strive for so I hope something similarly cool is implemented. It will be nice to have my whole squad in bandit clothing so it's easier to identify them in operations. One thing I hope doesn't happen is you lose the bandit points for killing other bandits, it would be dumb to have to kill more survivors than bandits to maintain the skin, but then again I guess this game isn't meant to be easy.

It will also be nice for PvPers because people identify you as a threat so you don't have the idiotic fresh spawns that approach and expect help and don't offer any kind of engaging PvP. People will now hopefully want to engage bandits more and we can get some solid squad combat. This seems like a very welcomed change!

Seriously?

I can see it now. A bandit shoots guy and then bandages him, then kills him.

According to your guideline. He is neutral at 0 kills.

And if you think that is not possible... I've actually had that happen to me.

Also... there is a video of hackers in limo's... they shot a dude so he had broken legs so he had to crawl around and BANDAGED him to keep him alive and stuck crawling around.

If you make the reward system too easy, it will be like Ultima Online, where you had people with FULL honor PKing people, and then just killing mobs to get Honor back.

That would pretty much make the bandit skins non existant since every bandit could just bandage his buddy 10 times.

I think the original was pretty good think it was 500 humanity for a transfusion one kill did not make you a bandit and slow humanity regeneration while moving(making it possible to turn you back into a survivor in less than a day).

Hope it possible to ad a mechanic to prevent gains from multiple transfusions to the same charakter.

I never said that my idea was perfect. I did say that the concept was a good idea. If you are going to have skins (bandit/hero) mandatory you have to have a way to reward players both for their actions, whether they be good or whether they be evil. Some good points were mentioned about a good guy who defends himself and get killed. If he lives long enough should he get the bandit skin, for self defense? No, hence my idea tried to reconcile the two.

Instead of just crapping on my idea, please, do share, how you would envision the skins (both hero and bandit) working if they were a part of the game. What kind of system would you have that would be impossible for anyone to fool? As I see it, no matter the system, there will be a way to beat it. As long as you have both sides of the spectrum, a good clan of bandits will be able to "help themselves" with enough good to counter any bad.

Can we have a alt-f4 skin to brand disconnectors. This way, I can stop wasting ammo on people that are just going to DC. A dunce cap maybe, or remove an article of clothing every time they DC. Would be hilarious to see people running around in their birthday suits.

• Like 2

I never said that my idea was perfect. I did say that the concept was a good idea. If you are going to have skins (bandit/hero) mandatory you have to have a way to reward players both for their actions, whether they be good or whether they be evil. Some good points were mentioned about a good guy who defends himself and get killed. If he lives long enough should he get the bandit skin, for self defense? No, hence my idea tried to reconcile the two.

Instead of just crapping on my idea, please, do share, how you would envision the skins (both hero and bandit) working if they were a part of the game. What kind of system would you have that would be impossible for anyone to fool? As I see it, no matter the system, there will be a way to beat it. As long as you have both sides of the spectrum, a good clan of bandits will be able to "help themselves" with enough good to counter any bad.

I wouldn't envision them at all. Right from the start, the skins are a crappy idea, wich makes every idea based on that idea, crappy by default. It's not your fault. It's the idea's fault.

Just like you said: "As I see it, no matter the system, there will be a way to beat it."

If every system you apply to the idea will have a way to be beat, then the idea itself is the problem.

• Like 2

I wouldn't envision them at all. Right from the start, the skins are a crappy idea, wich makes every idea based on that idea, crappy by default. It's not your fault. It's the idea's fault.

Just like you said: "As I see it, no matter the system, there will be a way to beat it."

If every system you apply to the idea will have a way to be beat, then the idea itself is the problem.

Agreed. Any PvP game that has elements that change according to the play style are at fault. A well organized clan and beat any set up.

• Like 1

I'm kind of both for and against this idea.

I'm for it because the idea of being able to clearly identify someone who's going to cause you grief and being able to stay away from them is great.

I'm against it because I think it's interesting trying to figure out whether someone is a threat or a friendly...

How about this for raising humanity:

You know how you have the option to give Morphine or Blood Transfusions? How about an aditional option to 'Give Thanks' to a player? You can only Thank a player once, it raises humanity equal to 1/3 the amount you lose for a Murder?

Specifics and values can be tested and refined.

• Like 1

We dont need another hero..

LOL, nice reference..... Long time since I thought of that song...

"We don't need to know the way home

All we want is life beyond the thunderdome"

Very fitting!

Seems like an unimaginative, carebear approach to the issue. Making people visually obvious as friend or foe is straight out of any mainstream, handholding, themepark mmo.

It basically lessens the intense choice-making in the mod. When you approach other players and have to take chances on their intentions. ( Of course, once you learn the mechanics of the mod, there's almost no reason to actually approach other players. There's no actual need to team up or work together. There's no reason to trade resources. Weapons, ammo and supplies are plentiful, and zeds are no more than a nuisance.)

And I doubt it will fix the issue it is trying to address. Bandit skins sure as hell won't do a single thing to lessen the people who are intent on KOSing from opening up at you from mid/long range. That's where the real problem lay.

Edited by jonahcutter