tuleg1t

Yay, Bandit and Hero identifiers are coming in

Don't get why bandits are only getting a scarf but the stuff for the hero with high humanity sounds kinda cool.

Rocket doing a Q&A with Machinima right now.

He definately did say that he wants to TEST bringing back the Bandit skin as well as introducing a "hero" skin.

Edited by teamRAVEGREEN
  • Like 1

I want a scarf AND thick framed glasses without lenses. Then I'm going to talk about how I was a bandit before it was cool

• Like 37

I hate that he only tests small things.

It's an alpha bro.

Break the game already.

• Like 9

I hate that he only tests small things.

It's an alpha bro.

Break the game already.

Hackers beat him to it. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a neat concept, though. It'd really help the KoS epidemic.

• Like 2

Hackers beat him to it. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a neat concept, though. It'd really help the KoS epidemic.

It really should, and it counters the argument of killing in self defense gets punished. If you do good all the time it shouldn't be an issue for anyone.

It really should, and it counters the argument of killing in self defense gets punished. If you do good all the time it shouldn't be an issue for anyone.

Definitely, it'll really help out the medics and people, like myself, who would really rather just avoid a bad situation altogether.

Has he mentioned how to get Hero Points/Karma? I'd imagine it'd be by giving people morphine, blood transfusions, and whatnot.

• Like 1

Hmm, not really sure how you would be identified as a 'hero'.

What I mean is, what requirements/criteria must be met to get the hero skin? For bandits it's simple, just killing.

But not killing wouldn't be enough, because you start off with 0 kills, automatically making you a 'hero', I guess?

• Like 1

I would say the hero skin only goes to those who rack up bandit kills... Since we could then tell who is a bandit. Much easier.

• Like 3

I find it rather pointless

you need to kill bandits to get hero skin, but it will not change the trust problem as skin lies

Edited by RoaRawR

Hero and bandit could just be a meta-score or something...

Heroes get points slowly the longer they go without killing any players (so long as they have no player kills; as soon as they kill someone the skin is gone and can't return) but can accumulate higher numbers by bandaging, transfusing, etc.

Bandits get banditry points for bandit-ing.

It'd be probably good to have different levels of skins too, though... You know that guy is a total dillwad because he has a lot of bandit stuff, and likewise the guy walking around with a glowing halo is definitely a guy you can trust.

I find it rather pointless

you need to kill bandits to get hero skin, but it will not change the trust problem as skin lies

It won't completely solve the problem and I'm sure you'll have the people who get a hero skin just to deceive others, but I think it will go a long ways to lessen the kill on sight mentality. Maybe it promotes some dialog between players at a minimum, where before it would have just been kos to not take the chance?

Heroes get points slowly the longer they go without killing any players (so long as they have no player kills; as soon as they kill someone the skin is gone and can't return) but can accumulate higher numbers by bandaging, transfusing, etc.

It'd be probably good to have different levels of skins too, though... You know that guy is a total dillwad because he has a lot of bandit stuff, and likewise the guy walking around with a glowing halo is definitely a guy you can trust.

The only part of this that gets me is the skin not returning. If the kill was in cold blood, yea, definitely, but what if it were legitimate self defense? I imagine it's within the limitation of the engine to acknowledge whether or not you were fired on first.

I like this, though, it'd probably help curb random bloodlusts.

I like the varying levels of good/bad idea, but I think you should have to actively do something good (kill bandits, blood transfusions, bandage, morphine, etc.) to earn "hero points". Simply not murdering anyone just makes you a survivor imo.

We all have to think it terms of what the Arma2 engine is capable of. Remember this is a script based mod. Somethings that would be awesome just aren't possible on the level DayZ is on.

I like the idea. Hate the KoS thing. Maybe killing large numbers of Zeds would help the hero thing.

My humanity face is gone from the screen, how do I know how much humanity I have/Don't have?