rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

i would aslo like a release but its better to wait until Rocket is finished :) than releasing a patch that does not work and prob will fuck up things :P think the new patch looks awsome :)

They found the bug way before the release date, or this topic even came out. I said to myself "Oh it'll come out on the 1st? I'll wait since I can't even enter berezino, let alone get to the hospital to get vital morphine."

They used to come out with bug fixes, ones like these, EXTREMELY quick. Which is what I used to like about the Devs, but now they're getting slower on the patches themselves, let alone fixes.

I have experienced the graphical issues of berezino, I fixed it by doing the default settings for the video settings, not sure if it works for everyone, but it worked for me. Later I went back to my high settings and went to berezino and it was fine.

But getting back to the patch topic, it does take time to get out these patches. Code work is very tedious, I can't imagine how tedious it is to go through all their code and find errors and then fix them and make them align with the rest of their code for the game

• Like 1

But come on people, I think this is growing out of proportion. The game is growing extremely fast, almost 1M players atm, and the dev team aint exactly a multinational billiondollar corporation, meaning that theres a few guys with their hearts and souls in this mod, working their asses off for this patch/fix to be released. A few days of delay is not worth bitching about. I think we should cut them some slack..

Edited by joppus
  • Like 9

Can you lets us know what going on with the patch please? The games been unplayable for me for about a week now i think. Pretty please.

Rocket said people may hate him for this but instead of doing a hotfix, hes thinking of doing a full patch.

skip ahead to 39:30 for confirmation.

As well as having the graphics/artifacts glitch being fixed. He wants to put in bandit/hero skins(head). (females included). The date of the release is TBD at the time of this post. Will edit once i find out.

Edited by SASheadshot
  • Like 15

As others say, rather wait than getting fail update as 1.7.2 - I Don't think they want this to happen again and if something goes wrong the time for the patch will take longer (obviously, doh)

Apart from the wires glitching, its actually running very fine, theres a fix trick that helps some on the glitches other gets them whatever setting they change.

hehe ;d ye pls need this patch that fix graphic rly o.O, even with antistropic off this shit happeds xD i dont play dayz from few week+ just by this

I have experienced the graphical issues of berezino, I fixed it by doing the default settings for the video settings, not sure if it works for everyone, but it worked for me. Later I went back to my high settings and went to berezino and it was fine.

But getting back to the patch topic, it does take time to get out these patches. Code work is very tedious, I can't imagine how tedious it is to go through all their code and find errors and then fix them and make them align with the rest of their code for the game

I tried every temporary 'fix' that people came up with. Not a single one worked. I changed ALL of my video settings. I tried different combinations, I tried turning off AA, nothing.

They fixed bugs like these much quicker.

Ok, i think we found the source of problems. Need some time to solve that.
http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49740-graphical-bugs/page__st__20

They FOUND whats causing it awhile ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they're working on this full time as I assume(I mean, he's planning to make this a standalone game and he made BI a crapload of money.)then this graphics bug should be fixed by now. Hell, he thought it'll be done by now himself, I can see a day late, but over 3? And going by how some people are saying he wants to add other things than just a fix, he probably already fixed this problem. He's just trying to code the other things he wants in the game.

As he said in the livestream, he was going to release the Hotfix, but then decided to turn this into a real Update. He is now making more features for this update

I love how everyone expects an update to be right on time. I mean come on people, when do you think an update for a game/mod will be on time all the time. Its hard work trying to find a single error in a big batch of code and to make align with the rest of the code without screwing something else up. People that say, "I'm gonna stop playing this cause the update isn't on time" is a retard, you have no other zombie game like this. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been waiting forever for a game like this. If you want to stop playing just because a simple issue in an unfinished mod. Fine by me, go, leave, I will enjoy the sweet thrill of this game where everything is on the line at every moment.

Rocket should know by now that if he doesn't want bitching he shouldn't put a target date in the topic. Just like closing the topic for 1 hour which apparently is 2 days.

• Like 1

Everyone chill out...

The target date for patch releases is just that; a target. It can be missed.

Also take in to account that there are now ~1,000,000 unique players, so there's a lot more pressure on the dev team to release a robust patch that doesn't break the game in any significant way. This means more time in testing.

I also want to remind you guys that Rocket may well be patching this mod while simultaneously developing the stand-alone version.

Please be patient, no-one likes listening to spoiled brats screaming "me me me me now now now now" :)

• Like 27

Also i think there may be a vehicle spawn problem when the cars are getting destroyed they are respawning where they got destroyed.

They may be fixing this . Hopefully :)

Please only discuss pending update, suggestions should be placed in the suggestions forum -Griff

Edited by Griff

Rocket should know by now that if he doesn't want bitching he shouldn't put a target date in the topic. Just like closing the topic for 1 hour which apparently is 2 days.

Yes he shouldn't but he decided to do a full patch. He did say that he is doing a full patch in the livestream someone posted not to long ago.

This.

Maybe they have found a bug in the patch and need time to fix it. None wants a patch to deliver even more bugs, right?

You mean like they always do? 1.7.2.4 it gets hard to play.... 1.7.2.5 it gets almost unplayable...waiting is not the problem but killing the game with such things like those artefacts is the real problem.

• Like 3

I think it is fairly obvious that bitching does not bother him. :)

People around here seriously need to pull down on their caffeine, relax a bit more and realize that there probably is a reason behind everything and look forward to what is to come.

• Like 2

Post suggestions in suggestions forum -Griff

It's been said multiple times not to post suggestions here. The whole reason the damn forum was locked. Please post them in the suggestions :).

If you want i can come and put a bullet into you. Or save you. Your choice.

Edited by Griff

I had some graphical glitches, but i changed my .cfg and also swapped to another server and problem is fixed. So who cares if some kiddies can't do a simple thing ?

Please hurry the fu*k up and fix the graphic glitch...

It was supposed to be fixed 31st of July, it's now the 4th of August and I can't loot any higher market towns because my line of sight is just black glitchy polygons.

I think it is fairly obvious that bitching does not bother him. :)

People around here seriously need to pull down on their caffeine, relax a bit more and realize that there probably is a reason behind everything and look forward to what is to come.

This kinda stuff doesn't make me want to buy the stand-alone game since it will be developed like the alpha. Meaning paying for a game and then get game breaking bugs so you can hardly play it. Woohoo.

You mean like they always do? 1.7.2.4 it gets hard to play.... 1.7.2.5 it gets almost unplayable...waiting is not the problem but killing the game with such things like those artefacts is the real problem.

This. The artifacts make it unplayable for 9 days and counting. Can't get decent loot cause the best loot is at military points. Flushing and stuff doesn't help. This is a game breaking bug at this moment.

Edited by Spookz0r
  • Like 2

I think rocket every day working for patch, and when it will be ready, he released it. So if you dont know how dificult sometimes to resolved bugs, please shut up. Rocket have brilliant idea and day Z is realy great game with great future. So if you havent patiens in alpha test, please dont say anything about hurry.

• Like 1