rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

you do get that there is nothing coming right now besides keeping track of behavior? no banning, not even warning? just keeping track?

He won't understand that the conversation has to go in a particular order.

He has to say> thank you for coming to mcdonnalds may i take your order.

you say> yes you do get that there is nothing coming right now besides keeping track of behavior? no banning, not even warning? just keeping track?

he has to say> would you like a hot apple pie with that?

you say> no thanks that is all

he say's> thank you sir please drive through.

he simply does not posses the ability to read or comprehend what he thinks he is reading. he is also worried about getting caught server hopping.

look seriously i understand why you are upset and think that this is a wrong move. it is easier to go from one server to the next while not having to walk or run there. that north west airfield is so far away and everytime you get there you jump from server to server to server to server because of "lag" or "wrong time of day". we get it we understand you don't want to ruin your rep or get banned because you can't find ONE server of the thousands that works for you. FIND A SERVER AND STICK WITH IT.. now this is the part where you come back with... it is full or its not updated its messed up so i have to find another server.

facts are its really not that hard to find a damn server. you just don't want to be watched as you hop from server to server and even if some how you were really finding it hard to find a server (which is hard to believe) all you have to do is say hey i shouldn't have been banned as you can see i only logged in to these servers for less than a minute not enough time to scavenge loot just checking to see if it was daytime or not please unban me. if it logs you in it logs you out it will show how long you were in there. so in that instance you have nothing to worry about. but then again i doubt that is why you are worried about being banned because chances are you are a lame ass server hopper.

first off. I've never been to the NW airfield. I'm currently on my way there. Now it's 0:30. Because i don't have any night vision goggles playing in pitch darkness is impossible and the flashlight for some dumb reason isn't working. Therefore I have to find a server with a different time zone. I've currently tried at least 10 servers which were supposed to be in the day. When i connected it was pitch darkness and because i'm in a building in prone I can't even navigate anywhere. It's impossible. What i'm saying is that YES it is hard to find the right server if none of them have the right time zone displayed. And i've tried sticking to servers. I added 3 servers to my favourites. Because during the day i of course manage to find night servers(aah the irony). So i tried to connect to them at night and to my surprise it's night again!!! I do not care if this log out thing comes out if the servers are fixed i'm fine with it. I never jump from a server. When i find a good one with no lag i stick to it. But it's hard to find one.

first off. I've never been to the NW airfield. I'm currently on my way there. Now it's 0:30. Because i don't have any night vision goggles playing in pitch darkness is impossible and the flashlight for some dumb reason isn't working. Therefore I have to find a server with a different time zone. I've currently tried at least 10 servers which were supposed to be in the day. When i connected it was pitch darkness and because i'm in a building in prone I can't even navigate anywhere. It's impossible. What i'm saying is that YES it is hard to find the right server if none of them have the right time zone displayed. And i've tried sticking to servers. I added 3 servers to my favourites. Because during the day i of course manage to find night servers(aah the irony). So i tried to connect to them at night and to my surprise it's night again!!! I do not care if this log out thing comes out if the servers are fixed i'm fine with it. I never jump from a server. When i find a good one with no lag i stick to it. But it's hard to find one.

Ok obviously you are new if you have never been to the NW airfield.... ill step by step help you learn how to play regaurdless what server your on.

1. find a server any server that is running the update that you have. make sure they match.

2. get into the server

3. oohhhh its dark i can't see.......

4. at this point press G that brings up your gear. inside of there you will see a flashlight right click on it and remove it from your toolbelt and press L. that will turn your flash light on.... now you can see in the dark!!! woah!

AND THE BEST THING IS! THEY GIVE YOU A FLASHLIGHT WHEN YOU START OUT!!!!!

but what if you get lost? find a road any road it will take you somewhere and even if you couldn't find a road in the dark you probably cant find it in the daytime either. quit being a whiney little noob and saying that something is bad for the game if you don't even know what your doing in the game.

Edited by The Joker

I kinda want four things mostly to make me stay on one server.....

1) Fixed Tent so that items dont dispear sometimes when servers restarted by admins.

2) Ability to set a Tent being ur respawn, So if you die, you can respawn at ur tent or option to respawn randomly along the coast.

3) Ability to Destroy Tents with Crowbars/Hatchets. (just explosives is kinda pain to find sometimes) Than items from tent all burst around the place were tent was destroyed + Player loses their respawn place. (Ability to pick up destroyed enemy's tent as ur own)

4) Make vehicles not dispear or despawn after server restart or/and respawn rate of repairable vehicles being once every 30mins, byicles 1h+, helicopters once a day in random location. I had ATVs couple times now after hunting them down despawn on me on couple servers and taking them to safe location, after putting alot of work searching for them. (usually do it to pick up my friends along coast and take them to my tents to re-equip)

Also couple of my friends unable to play at dark due to their bad computers, so sometimes we have to move around looking for day light server. (while i enjoy playing in dark in DayZ, i like playing with my friends more)

5) Fix Item not spawning on ground glitches, their alot of servers out their that dont spawn items on ground, or just backpacks. I mean if i see nothing, even empty cans in a gorcery store their a problem.... (in Bastnio only one gorcery store usually has items the other one is glitched with nothing in it)

Edited by Skully

Ok obviously you are new if you have never been to the NW airfield.... ill step by step help you learn how to play regaurdless what server your on.

1. find a server any server that is running the update that you have. make sure they match.

2. get into the server

4. at this point press G that brings up your gear. inside of there you will see a flashlight right click on it and remove it from your toolbelt and press L. that will turn your flash light on.... now you can see in the dark!!! woah!

You cant play the game with just flashlight.... cause unless u have specific guns, u cant have flash light and sidearm up at same time to shoot.

The way it set up now.... you have to:

Flashlight ---- *spot zombie* -----switch to weapon--- *zombie moving at super speed* ---- dont know were zombie is at---- *switch to flash light again*.

Ability to have Flashlight on ur weapon at same time as u aim, helps alot.

best way is still Chemlights/Flairsbut u stand out for miles with that.... u might as well shoot yourself. unless everyone gets Night Vision Goggles in their inventory when they start out, their no efficent way to stay all the time on one server, because of night time.

2. get into the server

but what if you get lost? find a road any road it will take you somewhere and even if you couldn't find a road in the dark you probably cant find it in the daytime either. quit being a whiney little noob and saying that something is bad for the game if you don't even know what your doing in the game.

Joker theres only one problem with that... the flashlight is glitched for alot of players... including myself i push the L key 5 times or more with the flashlight equiped to the Correct place and it refuses to turn on i even changed the Macro for the Light and still doesnt turn on... soo flashlight wont work for everyone...

So......................... about that patch?

by the time Rocket finally gets in here hes going to be so tired of us pestering hes going to make us wait longer lol

You cant play the game with just flashlight.... cause unless u have specific guns, u cant have flash light and sidearm up at same time to shoot.

The way it set up now.... you have to:

Flashlight ---- *spot zombie* -----switch to weapon--- *zombie moving at super speed* ---- dont know were zombie is at---- *switch to flash light again*.

Ability to have Flashlight on ur weapon at same time as u aim, helps alot.

best way is still Chemlights/Flairsbut u stand out for miles with that.... u might as well shoot yourself. unless everyone gets Night Vision Goggles in their inventory when they start out, their no efficent way to stay all the time on one server, because of night time.

i play with the flashlight all the time never has been a problem for me just keep running the zombies will eventually loose track of you in the dark just turn your light off. infact i play most of my time at dark. i have the nightvision and thermal asw to help me take out targets if i get in a bind but most of the time i have the flash light out. it helps to if you learn your way around

Joker theres only one problem with that... the flashlight is glitched for alot of players... including myself i push the L key 5 times or more with the flashlight equiped to the Correct place and it refuses to turn on i even changed the Macro for the Light and still doesnt turn on... soo flashlight wont work for everyone...

well.... did you make sure you had fresh batteries in it before you spawned? lulz

i play with the flashlight all the time never has been a problem for me just keep running the zombies will eventually loose track of you in the dark just turn your light off. infact i play most of my time at dark. i have the nightvision and thermal asw to help me take out targets if i get in a bind but most of the time i have the flash light out. it helps to if you learn your way around

how do u expect for people that just died to find night vision goggles?

look seriously i understand why you are upset and think that this is a wrong move. it is easier to go from one server to the next while not having to walk or run there. that north west airfield is so far away and everytime you get there you jump from server to server to server to server because of "lag" or "wrong time of day". we get it we understand you don't want to ruin your rep or get banned because you can't find ONE server of the thousands that works for you. FIND A SERVER AND STICK WITH IT.. now this is the part where you come back with... it is full or its not updated its messed up so i have to find another server.

facts are its really not that hard to find a damn server. you just don't want to be watched as you hop from server to server and even if some how you were really finding it hard to find a server (which is hard to believe) all you have to do is say hey i shouldn't have been banned as you can see i only logged in to these servers for less than a minute not enough time to scavenge loot just checking to see if it was daytime or not please unban me. if it logs you in it logs you out it will show how long you were in there. so in that instance you have nothing to worry about. but then again i doubt that is why you are worried about being banned because chances are you are a lame ass server hopper.

i have to say you are wrong

have tried to stick to one server....about ten times

it disapears and have to find another or yolo admin starts kicking everyone or the lag/desynch gets so bad you have to find another

hell even got a server of our own. red chain all the time ;)

What about full server/hive wipe? Seen ton of duped stuff like everyone has NVG and rangefinders nowadays... it's not fun to play when there's nothing rare anymore and people just gear up on their tents/cars which are full of rare gears. I vote for full reset.

• Like 1

If you want to find daytime servers easily, I believe DayZ Commander allows you to search for server by time.

Not sure how well it works, but you should give it a try, if nigh ttime is such a hassle. (tbh I don't like it either, unless the moon is out)

Anyway, you can find it here: http://www.dayzcommander.com/

2. get into the server

i'm not that new i've got over 100 kills on my current life. I have a revolver full of ammo a lee einfeld and a hatchet. I have a map a compas enough food and drinks. I know how to use the flashlight. I even have the military flashlight. But when i equip it and press L nothing happens. I used it once and it worked but for this life it doesn't. And i'm only about 2km away from the NW airfeld. I was usually just scouting elektro and cherno and after a few hours i died. Now i scouted both cities and went north. Not my fault the flashlight doesn't work. I was playing before because the moon was quiet bright but then got lost in a building.

If you want to find daytime servers easily, I believe DayZ Commander allows you to search for server by time.

Not sure how well it works, but you should give it a try, if nigh ttime is such a hassle. (tbh I don't like it either, unless the moon is out)

i only use dayzcommander. But the problem is as i stated in my previous post the servers aren't displaying their correct time therefore even if i search for only day servers(which i do) i always get servers at night. That's why i said they need to fix this issue first.

i only use dayzcommander. But the problem is as i stated in my previous post the servers aren't displaying their correct time therefore even if i search for only day servers(which i do) i always get servers at night. That's why i said they need to fix this issue first.

Ah sorry, I've never actually used it, just noticed the feature on their website.

Yeah, it's irritating that server admins put the wrong info in their description, but it's not like the DayZ devs can control that aspect of things..

Only reason that I found DayZ Commander to be wrong about time is when the server description has the wrong timezone listed. Thats where Commander takes it from.

Guess how many dicks I have in my mouth right now?

12?

Sorry I don't use flashlight, roadflares, chemlights.. not any kind of light source since its basically making you a target.

I can understand why you dont want to play on a server with darkness, I don't play on one either, I'm not going to loose my awesome gear cuz of a fucking flashlight, forget it.

I'm switching server untill I find a server with daytime, servers should show what time it is in the browser.

Rocket.

Reconsider disabling the respawn button / we need someway to kill ourself..

Problem:

#1: There are places you get stuck and really need respawn, sometimes on rocks, in buildnings or even sometimes you spawn inside the wall in novy

#2: With the hackers ruining the game. ive today been turned into a goat 2 times. and a few people been turned into cows\sheeps. if we cannot use the respawn button.

we are pretty much F***ED. these animals cant run they are really slow. if you got weapons equiped you cannot move at all. so if your in the forest and get turned into a animal.. you can't really go anywhere. and you can't die without the respawn\kill button.

Solution instead of removing the respawn button. put a timer on it, like only 1 respawn every 10-20min? this will stop peoples from trying to get better spawns.

Edited by Karneval
  • Like 2

Sorry, did I miss something? Is the update coming today or not?

Sadly not maybe next week :?

Sorry I don't use flashlight, roadflares, chemlights.. not any kind of light source since its basically making you a target.

I can understand why you dont want to play on a server with darkness, I don't play on one either, I'm not going to loose my awesome gear cuz of a fucking flashlight, forget it.

I'm switching server untill I find a server with daytime, servers should show what time it is in the browser.

true that. It takes time to find ammo for your weapon. alice pack, a primary weapon, map, compas, matches,.... not risking it. That's why i'm searching for NVG