rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Anyone else having major issues logging in with new update? Arma hangs and lags, and internet filters no longer working.

What update? is 1.7.2.4 ready to download yet?

Like I said I wouldn't mind running if it really was interesting but it is not.

You're not intersting.

About the respawn button:

I have a solution. If you die from natural reasons (bugs, zombies, bullets, explosions, cheaters etc.), your spawn is chosen randomly. If you press Respawn, you spawn at the same point where you spawned previously. For example, I spawned in Komarovo, went to Cherno, was shot at the church, got broken legs, killed the enemy, but had no morphine. So I respawned and here I am in Komarovo again!

As said later, the button will be removed to prevent players triyng spawning themselves in a place they need. My solution can also prevent them from this, but in some situations, when respawn is necessary (also stated above), you can do it.

What about this?

• Like 2

mine stays says 1.7.2.3 and just updated to 1.62 CO

???

Each character that is created fills the database, and takes up server load. I would be more inclined to allow you to select a spawn area, rather than die-live-die-live. I haven't considered allowing spawn selections, this type of issue will be dealt with as part of thoughts around group player mechanics and the establishment of factions/groups.

I would find that a bit of a problem, die, spawn in cherno, grab gun, die, spawn in cherno, how about an option to random-spawn or chosen-spawn, except you won't spawn in cities if you choose-spawn.

• Like 1

arma patch 1.62 and the latest beta patch 95248 bugged the 1911 to do no damage to zombies.

i did damage to zombies with mine.

I live in Florida and its thunderstorm season, I get forcefully disconnected all the time, would this be counted as an ALT F4 d/c by the Hive in this anti ALT F4 system?

according to Rocket in an interview, it will be designed to see the difference, apparently.

Rocket would you please consider a wipe of hi end very rare gear due to it being way too common. Mainly because of duping inside tents. Even if you dont want to do it.

- On our server there are load of tents everywhere and quite a few that have the hi end gear in them after server restart. That is constant supply of NVG's, rangefinders, AS50's, barrets, m4 CCO SD's etc.

- Zombies not moving at all in central electro (and sometimes in Cherno). They move on the side-skirts of town, but inside no movement. The area just becomes a pvp are where the "dinner bell" is the best gun to have.

- Massive tank trap/wire fence spamming of important loot areas still happening. Either use is unlimited or the items are too common.

This all breaks immersion wich is very important part of the game.

Also due to the game being in alpha after you have fixed the main dupe issues in the game maybe full wipe. It's fun to restart and knowing this AS50 you get really is really rare and not in the hands of every sniper hill camper.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it in response to the 'what if I broke my leg' kinda scenario.. but what about that movie.. 127 hours? Did that guy have a 'respawn' button go get him out of the pickle?

I agree with you, just learn to take better care. Only time I've ever damaged my legs in this game that wasn't due to a Z or a gunshot was crawling between two trees then turning too quickly. I never run across rocks, never close doors I am near.. that slows me down being cautious.. but it keeps me alive.

You're making sense. Now stop it and stand aside please and allow the self entitled to carry on crying for rocket to make the game easier or more convenient or more to their liking. As if any one of them were capable of the insights or effort that allowed dayz to be made. Suddenly they all know better than anyone else including each other.

Major reason I'm checking the forum is to see changelog and if patch is out yet.

Edited by youSOB

Every day I come here and read all the stuff in the pending update threads. Today I had several quotes I wanted to reply but I don't want to start a quote war.

The respawn button is not used as intended if you respawn

• because you don't like the location
  • to get closer to your team, your tent(s) or anything else

In both cases: Be a man, deal with it. Run to the location desired and if that takes you an hour to get there... it is part of the game and it is not realistic to teleport from one respawn point to the other.

Using the respawn button is ok (not to say needed), if you

• have been fucked up by a hacker (e.g. turned into a cow or a sheep)
  • respawned in DebugHills (and have no chance to get killed such as run to a z)

Both of the things above do happen and up to now are definitely not fixed (and as stated before I doubt that spawning in Debug Hills is really fixed now because it has been addressed many times before, IIRC as long as the mod exists... if this should be really fixed, there are still hackers that can bring you in serious trouble).

Beeing heavily injured may be another reason, but honestly, I disagree with that because you can crouch to a z who will finish you up and doing so wont cost you hours normally.

The fix for the respawn button (my opinion) is:

• Do not remove it from the game
  • If you hit respawn, you always respawn at your previous respawn point (unless this is DebugHills). I don't care a shit about start-up items duplication but for those who do: you could add starting with nothing at all if the respawn was done at free will
  • Hitting respawn is disabled for a considerable amount of time (e.g. 5 minutes)

Problem fixed. No big deal, no real problem when fucked up anywhere by anyone and no reason for anyone to respawn if not really necessary.

• Like 1

Well tbh what needs to happen, and im sure will be in the standalone. The spawn chances really need to be decreased. And on top of that ammo needs to be vastly reduced along with food and water. Maybe increase the hunger and thirst cycle also. I know there are serious limitations on the Arma engine with the whole loot spawning system being a "hack fix" but that's is why the killing on sight is so rampant atm. Players don't need to choose their shots wisely atm as there is too much ammo.

So in conclusion..

- Not enough zombies

- Zombies are not hard enough

- Zombies are not 'smart' enough

- Too many gun spawns and ammo spawns

- REQUEST: Gun durability (Maybe you can find barrel cleaning kits and spring loader kits or something I dunno)

- Too much food and water spawns

- Duping tents bug needs to be fixed

I am aware that this is the testing phase. Yada yada.

considering how unrealistic your hunger and thirst is there's a good amount of food. If you go up north you rarely find something. Too many gun spawns? Maybe for the makarov but not for anything else.
  • Like 1

YAY! Can't wait to get back into a ghillie, It's been fun without ghillies for a while and makes PvP that bit easier but I still miss the times when you can hide under a tree in the forest at the NW Airfield and have a squad running around trying to find you for half an hour. Oh the enjoyment and lolz you can get from it.

what about choosing to respawn in a random spot on a few selection but in a wiiiiide range?

you are not spawning at the entrance of elektro, but maybe near kamysho or cap golova or even further.

Another opinion to ALT-F4:

There is no solution yet, because rocket wants to collect data first. I am ok with that, at least the problem is recognized and priorized correctly.

In my opinion there is an easy fix:

Stick Alt-F4 to the respawn functionality. (as stated in my previous post)

Can be done, no big deal.

To all those that will start whining now: Yes, if ARMA2 hangs up you are fucked.If your electricity supply is not stable enough to run your PC or there is some lightning striking your home and current is suddenly off... yes, you might be fucked. If a plane crushes into your home and the PC is damaged and shuts down, yes you might be fucked (perhaps you have other problems as well if one of the above happens to you). All these things can happen. You could even die because of a heart attack and yes... you would be fucked. But all these things happen more or less rare to quite a few players. So if you are one of those players... yes... you are simply fucked. The comunity of hundrets of thousands players suffers of some dumb-asses that use ALT-F4 for their advantage, so this has to be solved somehow and of course, the solution will not be suitable for everyone, there will be "casualities".

BTW: This would not effect connection losses, as those can be detected and identified correctly.

• Like 1

All sounds great, glad the clothing issue is fixed however the new alt f4 hive track is not going to stop anything "can't do it too often" well.. once is enough right?

Wouldn't mind seeing it made impossible for zombies to break bones either, in a perfect world where they don't jitter or warp or lag it would be fine, but it's not so... :P

considering how unrealistic your hunger and thirst is there's a good amount of food. If you go up north you rarely find something. Too many gun spawns? Maybe for the makarov but not for anything else.

Actually, no. Too much guns in game imo.. Currently I'm running around with DMR and I'm finding so much ammo for it, that I stopped using 1911 for killing zombies..

As far as a thirst is in question: Try running for 30 minutes and lets see how thirsty you will get. Food on the other hand should be a bit buffed on how fast it it goes down. But also food spawns should be reduced then.

Sounds good. looking forward to getting back on it!

One question though, when will the ammo refill bug get fixed?

Rocket would you please consider a wipe of hi end very rare gear due to it being way too common. Mainly because of duping inside tents. Even if you dont want to do it.

- On our server there are load of tents everywhere and quite a few that have the hi end gear in them after server restart. That is constant supply of NVG's, rangefinders, AS50's, barrets, m4 CCO SD's etc.

- Zombies not moving at all in central electro (and sometimes in Cherno). They move on the side-skirts of town, but inside no movement. The area just becomes a pvp are where the "dinner bell" is the best gun to have.

- Massive tank trap/wire fence spamming of important loot areas still happening. Either use is unlimited or the items are too common.

This all breaks immersion wich is very important part of the game.

Also due to the game being in alpha after you have fixed the main dupe issues in the game maybe full wipe. It's fun to restart and knowing this AS50 you get really is really rare and not in the hands of every sniper hill camper.

The problem is.... you dont need anything to build them up. You are able to build them in the instant you have them... there is no requirement for a Tool Box or an Entrenchment tool.

You could fix the problem when you make it a requirement that you have a tool box to build things up for example.

Edited by Gallagher

Another opinion to ALT-F4:

There is no solution yet, because rocket wants to collect data first. I am ok with that, at least the problem is recognized and priorized correctly.

In my opinion there is an easy fix:

Stick Alt-F4 to the respawn functionality. (as stated in my previous post)

Can be done, no big deal.

To all those that will start whining now: Yes, if ARMA2 hangs up you are fucked.If your electricity supply is not stable enough to run your PC or there is some lightning striking your home and current is suddenly off... yes, you might be fucked. If a plane crushes into your home and the PC is damaged and shuts down, yes you might be fucked (perhaps you have other problems as well if one of the above happens to you). All these things can happen. You could even die because of a heart attack and yes... you would be fucked. But all these things happen more or less rare to quite a few players. So if you are one of those players... yes... you are simply fucked. The comunity of hundrets of thousands players suffers of some dumb-asses that use ALT-F4 for their advantage, so this has to be solved somehow and of course, the solution will not be suitable for everyone, there will be "casualities".

BTW: This would not effect connection losses, as those can be detected and identified correctly.

How many times do we need to repeat ourselves? ITS NOT SOLE PROBLEM OF THIS TWO KEYS!!! User can DC with use of other programs/manually pulling out electricity/LAN cable. Its even doable via abort/disconnect procedure for same effect!

• Like 1

... and yet another one to the tents:

I vote for removing tents totally from the game. They simply unbalance the game, as tents are mostly used by bigger groups or clans which are "overpowered" by nature. No need to add more storage place for their purposes. Tents allow a player to save stuff, hide it away from other players. There are exploits by placing tents on multiple servers at the same point on the map to easily exchange even more stuff and make it safer to hide it away or loose the stuff.

First law when you play DayZ: Do not stick to your gear!

• Like 2

what about choosing to respawn in a random spot on a few selection but in a wiiiiide range?

you are not spawning at the entrance of elektro, but maybe near kamysho or cap golova or even further.

... simply deal with it. Did that a lot of times before. Took me sometimes an hour to meet up with my friends who kept moving while I tried to meet up. This is part of the game.
  • Like 2

People keep complaining about the alt-f4 problem. How would you or the dev's ever be able to really measure it out completely? Do you want to ban everyone who disconnects from the game, combat situation or not? no! Do you want to ban everybody who looses connection on servers? no! There is no real way of dealing with it i guess, only if there is a way to put a spawn and disconnect timer, e-basta!

How many times do we need to repeat ourselves? ITS NOT SOLE PROBLEM OF THIS TWO KEYS!!! User can DC with use of other programs/manually pulling out electricity/LAN cable. Its even doable via abort/disconnect procedure for same effect!

Yes. You can also shoot your PC with a Magnum. ALT-F4 is most often used as the game still allows that. If you disable that, less people will do it (simple as that), because everything else takes you more time (which you do not have in those moments you intend to abuse ALT-F4). Some also may not have the knowledge to handle it otherwise. You can not avoid the problem in general, but you can definitely make it harder to abuse.

BTW: I have no problem with leaving the char for 1 min in Game if client disappears without proper disconnection. Will solve the ALT-F4 prob as well. And this can be done as well or additionally to disabling ALT-F4.

• Like 2