rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Apparently there's a lot of guys named "Rocket" on these forums.

I guess he just has a lot of different names.. otherwise I can't understand why people who aren't Rocket keep answering questions and requests directed at him.. There's even a minor flame war going on because someone asked Rocket for something, so someone who wasn't Rocket got mad and started posting hateful stuff.

Seriously, grow up and stop acting like a bunch of spoiled little children.. it's annoying for those of us who actually come here to test the mod.

• Like 5

Not gonna read 85 pages. Read the first two, didnt see anyone mentioning this.

Respawn disabled...really?

So now when im out in bumfuck with no food, no water, and a pistol and just totally lost I am basically stuck waiting to slowly die? THANKS! -.-

Respawn was also the suicide button when you just wanted to start over.

I assume you took it out to stop folks from what...respawning multiple times after dieing to try to get closer to where they died because there is some stupid mechanism that makes the gear degrade over a short period of time despite how fucking unrealistic that is? Yeh ok.

Chaulk this up to reason 1 ill be staying at version 1.7.2.3.

Singleplayer mode disabled. Right. That's like the gov saying murders are disabled. Trying to disable and disuade private servers was the biggest mistake you ever made Rocket. Its the only way to get away from all the annoying hackers out there who seek to ruin the game cause DayZ is a mod built on a game where spawning stuff for yourself is a core part and thus disabling it fully is just not possible.

As for the Alt-F4 thing.

Spawn in at coast with everything, hey this isn't where I logged out at! Oh another bug? Let me just Alt-F4 and go back in to fix it. Oh wait..now its gonna make me out to be a baddy.

-.-

hope your mommy changes your pampers soon cause you are getting grumpy and whiney go play CoD and quit yer bitchen

i though we all agreed to stop using the cod thing. it sounds stupid.

• Like 1

Respawn disabled...really?

So now when im out in bumfuck with no food, no water, and a pistol and just totally lost I am basically stuck waiting to slowly die? THANKS! -.-

Respawn was also the suicide button when you just wanted to start over.

I assume you took it out to stop folks from what...respawning multiple times after dieing to try to get closer to where they died because there is some stupid mechanism that makes the gear degrade over a short period of time despite how fucking unrealistic that is? Yeh ok.

Chaulk this up to reason 1 ill be staying at version 1.7.2.3.

Singleplayer mode disabled. Right. That's like the gov saying murders are disabled. Trying to disable and disuade private servers was the biggest mistake you ever made Rocket. Its the only way to get away from all the annoying hackers out there who seek to ruin the game cause DayZ is a mod built on a game where spawning stuff for yourself is a core part and thus disabling it fully is just not possible.

As for the Alt-F4 thing.

Spawn in at coast with everything, hey this isn't where I logged out at! Oh another bug? Let me just Alt-F4 and go back in to fix it. Oh wait..now its gonna make me out to be a baddy.

-.-

Respawn was removed due to people constantly refreshing to get a different spawn. It was not aimed to prevent people from relocating, and the idea of giving people the option of choosing a spawn point was even humored. Instead, this was causing incredible server lag. Deal with it.

Single player mode? Really? You're pissed you can no longer hack items or avoid pvp? No reason to play on a private server outside of carebearism.

As to the point about Alt+F4, why would you do that if you can just abort out. You will not be punished at all in this patch, let alone in the future as speculative punishment will be based on reaccuring events. In your case, you must rage so hard once you encounter a bug that you must Alt+F4 to express your rage, or you are duping/avoiding death/doing something you probably shouldn't be doing in the first place.

i though we all agreed to stop using the cod thing. it sounds stupid.

Yeah I stopped doing that a while ago.. was tempted in my last couple posts, but I know a few COD players that aren't even close to as bad as some of these kiddies. :P

Dude you are so pro at gaming that is going to take you so far in life! Your daddy will be so proud of you when you make it in to the pro gamer hall of fame making millions!.... oh wait

this just in there is no pro gamer hall of fame and people make millions making games and selling them to people like you..... well i guess that about sums it up

Rocket (and game developers) 1

Whiney little bitch that flips burgers at McDonalds (AKA Ejaculacid and every other kid bitching on the forums) 0

that is what you "pro gamers" call GAME OVER

You're so mad, need help getting off ur baby highchair?

You're so mad, need help getting off ur baby highchair?

yeah i am soooo raging right now i am going to hulk out! raaaaawwwwrrrr hulk smas........ oh wait i forgot i am on the internet... dealing with half baked kids that think that because they are great at a game they can in turn use those skills in real life.... how about this just tell me here are your fries sir have a great day and thanks for choosing McDonnalds....

:rolleyes:

He like you did not understand what I was asking Rocket for (note rocket not you etc) and obviously i used google and i did say "Thanks, you ment well but didn't quite read what i was asking for." to the guy but it was not what I was asking.

The info in the commander could be added & would be a welcome addition to a streamlined user friendly interface.

Now chill the f out and stop raging.

You know the server browser in the game is like your standard server browser and the filters it gives you are more than adequate to find a server you know the name of, even better you can join by IP if you know that.

Its not really anyone elses fault you cant remember the names of servers you join, if you wanted to you could but no you want something to do it for you. Some people give you exactly what you want in a third party application but its not good enough because you dont want it that way. I think the problem here is you.

Personally im glad to have a normal PC server browser and not some streamlined user friendly crap, plus even if it was on a list of things to do, if a list existed I would guess it is way down the bottom.

Edited by RobCivicCRX

hope your mommy changes your pampers soon cause you are getting grumpy and whiney go play CoD and quit yer bitchen

shut up and stop being such an asshole to everyone here. The logout thing is CLEARLY a step in the wrong direction. It should be added when the servers are fixed. I had to quit about 5 times today because some servers had night time during the day and some were lagy, Sadly i'll have to keep doing that unless the admins of servers display the correct time and have a stable connection. BAD MOVE ROCKET!!!

Someone should close this pointless thread already

• Like 2

Someone should close this pointless thread already

It didn't start out pointless, it just needs cleaning.

shut up and stop being such an asshole to everyone here. The logout thing is CLEARLY a step in the wrong direction. It should be added when the servers are fixed. I had to quit about 5 times today because some servers had night time during the day and some were lagy, Sadly i'll have to keep doing that unless the admins of servers display the correct time and have a stable connection. BAD MOVE ROCKET!!!

look seriously i understand why you are upset and think that this is a wrong move. it is easier to go from one server to the next while not having to walk or run there. that north west airfield is so far away and everytime you get there you jump from server to server to server to server because of "lag" or "wrong time of day". we get it we understand you don't want to ruin your rep or get banned because you can't find ONE server of the thousands that works for you. FIND A SERVER AND STICK WITH IT.. now this is the part where you come back with... it is full or its not updated its messed up so i have to find another server.

facts are its really not that hard to find a damn server. you just don't want to be watched as you hop from server to server and even if some how you were really finding it hard to find a server (which is hard to believe) all you have to do is say hey i shouldn't have been banned as you can see i only logged in to these servers for less than a minute not enough time to scavenge loot just checking to see if it was daytime or not please unban me. if it logs you in it logs you out it will show how long you were in there. so in that instance you have nothing to worry about. but then again i doubt that is why you are worried about being banned because chances are you are a lame ass server hopper.

• Like 5

Keep this thread going, it's good entertainment.

http://www.gamefront...Build_95310.zip

Here's a mirror for the new beta.

Not sure how many servers are running it, but the Arma2.com link is having serious traffic issues right now.

[95309] Changed: MP: Dayz servers are now visible if and only if the Dayz mod is active.

[95308] Improved: MP: Custom game types no longer displayed as Unknown in the server browser.

[95307] Changed: Default matchmaking filter now shows only servers with ping < 100.

[95285] Fixed: Possible crashes after closing the game in MP (Alt+F4)

when is this update comein out...

it's looking like probably next week

you do get that there is nothing coming right now besides keeping track of behavior? no banning, not even warning? just keeping track?

I think it would be an good idea to make you respawn at the same point over and over again if you were alive for a period of shorter then, let's say 30 minutes. If you survive longer then 30 minutes and you die, then you will respawn at an random place at the beach. This will make permadeath more perma which is good thing IMO. If you want to play with your friends and get back to your camp to get kitted out, you should work for it.