rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

You really can't read the original post? 1st page? Primera pagina? no?

Vuffy Pagina

Just to point out I broke my leg by exiting a house while proning!

/FACEPALM

In normal conditions it shouldn't upset me, but in it's current state this is a game breaker!

Edited by TSAndrey

Some of you are acting like the patch is already out and you've been banned unfairly..

No one ever said you would be banned.. just that a "cool-down" on rejoining, if you're joining too many, too often *might* be the answer.

It might not even be anything to do with bans or even "cool-down" timers.. why don't we just wait and see what actually gets done.

The whole point of the "collecting information" thing in the patch is so that Rocket can allow for situations *just like the ones you guys are worried about*

I wonder when some of you ever find the time to play the game ffs.. you're constantly in here bitching about stuff. :rolleyes:

+1

I think and this could be just a wild generalization (but probably not :P)

All the ones yelling about the logging are the ones who learnt to play the game using those cheap ass underhand tactics hence why we have 80+ pages of $hite.

It wont matter to me one way or the other because i wont have any problems because i play the game as it was made to be played

When will the Patch release today? Or is the Release date moved?

When will the Patch release today? Or is the Release date moved?

God I hope it's soon. The servers are gonna be flooded until more update. And I don't want that to happen on the weekend.

Maybe slightly off topic and due to the fact I can't find the post anymore, however....

DayZ should remain free, or at least people who have the arma 2 mod version should be allowed to get the game for free, since alot of people (unlike myself) payed 30 dollars just for the mod in it's own.

Sort of like TF2 premium and that minecraft game or whatever.

Keep in mind, we all bought Arma II, not DayZ. With Minecraft, we bought into an alpha that cost very little money with the expectancy to be a full retail game at some point. Minecraft didn't start out as a mod running on top of another game's engine, so if DayZ goes standalone, we will be buying DayZ and nothing more. Rocket mentioned the possibility of the Minecraft schema; we would pay a little bit now for a standalone alpha/beta or wait until it becomes a fully cooked game at retail price. Having a standalone game will also get around a lot of the limitations that the dev team is trying to overcome.

Either way, I support this game and would buy it if it was a standalone product.

Edited by RudestBuddhist
  • Like 1

How do you know you are not out of combat? What if im a sniper and i have been stalking you for hours and im just about to shoot you from 500m away and the game lets you log instantly and because you havent fired a shot and/or bleeding/or standing right next to me.

The point is you are never safe in DayZ and you never know what can happen, you logout your taking a risk. Most of the time a very small risk but a risk nonetheless.

Combat would imply theres shooting taking place!

/FACEPALM

In normal conditions it shouldn't upset me, but in it's current state this is a game breaker!

It broke your game? you mean you can't play anymore? or did you just figure out hey i could break my legs while doing that. that sucks let me report it with a million exclamation points and demand it be fixed imediatley!!! here is how you handle the bug

Step one oops that sucks i broke my leg how did that happen? well i was prone while getting out of there. ok that must have caused my legs to break. ill try to not do that again. after i finnish my session ill go report it and let them know. in the mean while ill keep playing and not go prone while exiting a house and i will not expect anyone to fix the bug by a few hours or days time. it takes time to edit script test it and then put it in a patch.

If they patched every little bug you find each time you find it and not wait to patch it with other bugs found we all would be updating the game every minute of the day. that is even if they can script it that fast. dont be an idiot on the internet think before you type.

Keep in mind, we all bought Arma II, not DayZ. With Minecraft, we bought into an alpha that cost very little money with the expectancy to be a full retail game at some point. Minecraft didn't start out as a mod running on top of another game's engine, so if DayZ goes standalone, we will be buying DayZ and nothing more. Rocket mentioned the possibility of the Minecraft schema; we would pay a little bit now for a standalone alpha/beta or wait until it becomes a fully cooked game at retail price. Having a standalone game will also get around a lot of the limitations that the dev team is trying to overcome.

Either way, I support this game and would buy it if it was a standalone product.

I see your point, but I do think it would be best to make it as those who participated in the alpha/beta stage on ArmA 2 would get it for free, but that is my opinion.

Also, I would like to add an idea for update(if you do read this rocket), maybe lootable military bodies and destroyed vehicles since there are so many?

you are right, to a point. lots of people (me) did buy armaII. the thing is, before dayz i didnt even know the arma franchise existed. so i would not have purchased it. im not saying either way about buying dayz standalone or whatever, i will probably throw down some cash no problem, you just cant throw out the pov that for people like me it was in fact a package deal.

dont misunderstand, now i like arma. but if dayz was already stand alone, i would have purchased dayz and not arma. i know its a mod, but still feels funny buying something twice. keep in mind alpha is usually done internally, no cost to test. we all knew this was eventually going stand alone, but at this point in development it required an engine to run. if the decision wasnt made yet, or much later, i wouldnt even be commenting here.

I see your point, but I do think it would be best to make it as those who participated in the alpha/beta stage on ArmA 2 would get it for free, but that is my opinion.

dont think that would work at all. anyone can sign up now and get it free later if they play now or not. anyway, i dont want it to be free, but i would certainly appreciate a discount. Edited by sivart
  • Like 1

/FACEPALM

I recently broke my legs while proning onto a sloped ramp at the train platform in Solnichny. Kinda funny, I think actually some kind of random events like that should stay in the game... it's entirely possible to misstep and twist your ankle Irl.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

Also, I would like to add an idea for update(if you do read this rocket), maybe lootable military bodies and destroyed vehicles since there are so many?

Hi!

Welome to the internet. Apparently you have failed to read the manual on how to properly use the forums on the interwebs. As a friendly reminder when using forums please post all content in its appropriate place on forums. Please follow this link http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/9-dayz-suggestions/ to post ideas and suggestions.

After Rocket is done reading 84+ pages of this thread I don't think he'll be in the mood to give anyone anything for free. Except maybe a swift kick in the nuts.

• Like 3

Yes, give away 859,412 free copies of the stand alone game to the people that played in the Alpha.

859,412x$20=$17,188,240

Yes, just give 17 MILLION away Rocket.

Edited by SandMan20
  • Like 2

I praise the idea of scarcer item spawns, especially in military areas, hospitals, and markets to make things such as food, tools, and especially weapons that much more valuable to acquire. Having played for weeks on end, anybody with basic experience can easily acquire a Makarov or any other items of desire with little to no trouble. Hospitals are loaded with dozens of medical supplies, super markets are often flooded with a surplus of food and tools, ideally this would be right if the game didn't take place in a post-apocalyptic world; albeit the resources shouldn't be so abundant as they are now.

Yes, it's just a game modification in 'Alpha, but I'm not forcing this idea either. Just a piece of my mind. :beans:

EDIT:

Seeing players rely more on hunting 'game', and refilling water bottles to take care of their needs would be a welcoming factor for survival; especially if other materials were to be made scarcer. Amplifying the difficulty is certainly something I know Rocket is looking into.

Edited by Clerkius

The mechanics are being tested, but it will put a "timeout" if you successfully connect too many times within a period of time.

thats just a wrong way i think. I experienced that i sometimes need a very long time to connect to a server where i can stay to play(or even more worse: try to connect with friends on a server, the more guys you are the less chance to fast find a good server where everyone can connect and play without problems.) So i have to change servers quite often until there is one without loading stuck, version problems, strange visual bugs and no lags or bad fps.

Havent really played for weeks now, maybe something has been fixed.

But in my opionion it would be much better to create a logout timer, so if you click on disconnect you have to stay for XX seconds in the game and keep playing, or if you ALT+F4 your character just keep staying there for XX seconds. You probably gonna die then if you are in a firefight.

Just my opinion here, havent read all the comments iam pretty sure iam not the only one thinking this.

I praise the idea of scarcer item spawns, especially in military areas, hospitals, and markets to make things such as food, tools, and especially weapons that much more valuable to acquire. Having played for weeks on end, anybody with basic experience can easily acquire a Makarov or any other items of desire with little to no trouble. Hospitals are loaded with dozens of medical supplies, super markets are often flooded with a surplus of food and tools, ideally this would be right if the game didn't take place in a post-apocalyptic world; albeit the resources shouldn't be so abundant as they are now.

Yes, it's just a game modification in 'Alpha, but I'm not forcing this idea either. Just a piece of my mind. :beans:

Perhaps, but it would just increase the gap between the hoarders with tents and vehicles (*ahem*), and the newer players.

I'd support something like this for items like vehicle parts and fuel, along with the bits for the planned underground bases, *if* vehicles are reset globally.

ya know... I was undecided on the respawn button. but now, I am a believer.

today, I lost (and no im not /epeening, im trying to illustrate how crushed I was.

ghillie (from pre patch issues. hadnt logged in so mine was fine!)

rangefinders

m4SD

l85 AWS

nvgs

gps

everything else.. but you get the idea, was at that 'cant be outgeared' stage.

also, 13 days alive, not great but still

and i heard about some new atoc gfx setting with the patch? went to hit options and... killed myself.

Thankfully the gaming community im with Rocks (big up iogc.) and so I didnt lose much in the end, as I was able to run back whilst they went and saved my stuff and guarded it for me! but still.. lost time/effort/ghillie thanks to a stupid finger slip. I know respawn isnt being disabled for this, but for the constant respawners.. but I support this.

Great, can't wait to test it

EDIT:

Since i have the first post hijacked: There are currently severe hacking issues across most DayZ servers. And i'm not talking about some kid with aimbot or other self-empowering tools, but things like:

- Killing the entire server at the press of a button

- Teleporting the entire server to one place

and other massive-destruction type of hacks. I know you're saying battleye is doing better than most other anti-cheats, but it honestly is not gonna be sufficient enough for DayZ as a mod. Wouldn't it be possible to add a mod-side cheat-detection or even prevention? Such as, stopping the ability to spawn items that are not even able to be found on DayZ, and other restrictions such as detecting huge changes in x y z coords that can't be achieved by regular vehicles (aka teleporting)...

I know there are standalone plans, but this can take quite a while and in the meantime, hosters are shutting down their servers because their hands are completely tied, while their servers are getting completely f*cked up

(This guy has got it right: "IMHO, hacking is the single most important development issue right now.")

THIS IS GOING ON FOR TWO DAYS NOW ACROSS MANY SERVERS CAN NOTHING BE DONE OR WHAT?

Edited by wallace989

Rocket

With our details of server action being held for us (& others? - who?) to look up on a to be set up site / page, will we also be able to tell what the last server we were on?

Many times I've forgotten or just simply didn't look when logging in (checking 2 version numbers, whether its Regular or Vet or? if 3rd is on aswell as if it has spaceetc its all to easy to over look the actual server name*.

Would be great to check after logging off to continue on the same server especially with tents being fixed.

* Also will or can there be a uniform system that lists servers attributes? its quite "messy" atm. That goes with current ArmA2 beta versions.

Edited by Turk

Rocket

With our details of server action being held for us (& others? - who?) to look up on a to be set up site / page, will we also be able to tell what the last server we were on?

Many times I've forgotten or just simply didn't look when logging in (checking 2 version numbers, whether its Regular or Vet or? if 3rd is on aswell as if it has spaceetc its all to easy to over look the actual server name*.

Would be great to check after logging off to continue on the same server especially with tents being fixed.

* Also will or can there be a uniform system that lists servers attributes? its quite "messy" atm. That goes with current ArmA2 beta versions.

Alot of the things you listed are available in the dayz commander.