rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

I think the ability to walk around with a gun not pointed at everyone, and weapons slung/holstered would do wonders. We'd need some kind of weapon draw feature, though, rather than having to go into inventory and unstash stuff from our backpacks.

Yes... yes, shooting a man with his weapon holstered would be simpler...

• Like 1

You really earned your PhD there :beans:

I just have to say, love the pic in your sig.

To actually stay on topic: Reminds me of using tents, which I hope gets fixed. I will be sure to test asap, I've been holding one in my bag forever now waiting for a fix.

after reading the updated changelog on the first post by Rocket, I gotta say, this patch is looking good. Disable respawns unless fractured leg, Ghillies and Camo back, and I could swore I just read that the Huey is going to be spawning again. Fuck Yeah.

I think the ability to walk around with a gun not pointed at everyone, and weapons slung/holstered would do wonders. We'd need some kind of weapon draw feature, though, rather than having to go into inventory and unstash stuff from our backpacks.

I realize it's not in the Arma engine to do it.

Human interaction is very subtle. If there was a "peaceful" hand gesture, there could then be that "moment" when two people meeting have a choice. Draw their weapon or show the hand of friendship.

Sure, people would fake it, sure they could lie... But it would stop that moment of panic when a gun is in your face.

What defeats any of these efforts is the ability to just jump to another server and do it to other people. Killers should develop a reputation as people move around. I don't see a reasonable way to do that.

you can lower your weapon with a double-click of the ctrl key.. I think that's it.

problem with it is, anything you do pretty much makes you raise your weapon.. well, that and the fact that if you don't have your weapon raised at all times, someone will get the drop on you in a true "shoot first" scenario.

Other than that, I agree. judging other players intentions is nearly impossible without proper body language and vocal cues.

Too bad we have that whole gameplay vs. realism thing to contend with. :(

edit: drunk gamer vs. crappy laptop keyboard

Edited by Cyanyde

In the real military how are they taught to deal with zombies? People who cherry-pick their realism to support their arguments probably don't win too many arguments.

I am not saying the changes were good, I'm saying you have the ability to deal with the changes in-game. I'd think you'd have more fun doing that than crying about it on the forums but I could be wrong.

I've been using headshots since the day I started the game, it just makes sense to conserve ammo that way.

the military is taught to destroy the enemy. by adapting.

Yes... yes, shooting a man with his weapon holstered would be simpler...

But if you're both not pointing guns at each other....

I guess this discussion has been done and should be elsewhere.

And when I admit that, it's egregious.

Edited by 1.7.2.4

it's called an analogy. the point is something that reduces the chances of something happening is better than "nothing"

now that I realize what you're talking about, I don't wanna know how. but your first post implied that it was simple and easy. there actually is a simple way anyone can do it: you buy another copy of the game

For the same reason you did mention this possibility in the first place, i guess. So we can look at you and say : wow, look at this pretty cool and clever guy, he can hack the game, he got also a huge penis for sure

Never change you two.

sorry but youre wrong :) dayz databases use the guid. (had a test server myself and banned a russian by his id. he changed it in arma and still cant connect.) that is why you cant create more then one character by simply changing your arma2 profile.

I'm sorry but I'm not wrong, I have already joined multiple servers with a different ID and gotten in.The best part is I can farm your player ID's and log in as you :).

I'm assuming you banned his GUID and not his ID as they do not show in RCON. If I was GUID banned my method would be null but I am not and my method remains working.

so where is it?

Humor, sense of, lacking it.

• Like 1

I'll admit I had to look up egregious.. :P

Edit: I wish real dictionaries could pronounce the word when I touch the speaker icon.. that would be soooo cool.

Edited by Cyanyde

Where are you? We want to test you right now sir.

• Like 1

Rocket please TOSS A BONE! Percentage of relevant information to random crap is about .05 percent now. Or Alex Sykotix you were supposed to upate us. Where are the updates lol. If there on another site tell me please. I am freaking out.

• Like 1

You heard what Rocket has new girlfriend what wears bikini? No time for patching, must sex more!

Edit:

Posting on page 130!!!!

Edited by Thestarling

Never change you two.

I'm sorry but I'm not wrong, I have already joined multiple servers with a different ID and gotten in.The best part is I can farm your player ID's and log in as you :).

the problem with that is it's not your own character. sure you can hijack someone else character, but then they take it right back when they play. I imagine that could lead to some funny shenanigans, but ultimately you're not gonna be able to build your character

Where are you? We want to test you right now sir.

Actually, one of my early deaths went like this:

It's dark and I'm near a lighthouse, but I just got my first binoculars before logging out the day before. I decide to climb the lighthouse because there is a bit of light in the east. I get up there and fool around a bit.

After a few minutes, I notice another player coming. This was right at the cusp of the shoot on sight days, so I watch him approach.

He comes up the ladder. I could have shot him many times over...

So he gets up to the top. I look at him. He looks at me. He salutes (remember that?). I salute...

BANG. He shoots me dead.

There're is no surefire way to stop shoot on sight. It's now part of Dayz culture.

• Like 2

Never change you two.

I'm assuming you banned his GUID and not his ID as they do not show in RCON. If I was GUID banned my method would be null but I am not and my method remains working.

that should be reported. but still the database uses the guid. (i pulled it directly out of the database (id/guid) are both in there. so bans usually apply the guid (if it was done right). dunno if rcon pulls only id´s and admins ban via rcon tho.

edit: i see the problem now... if admins could ban guid it would be really powerful cause the database uses guid so the player could not connect to other servers. so they can only ban id.

when you log in as me. would it have any changes to my char for me? meaning, could me and you play together for example? or does it really give you full control of my char without using my guid?

Edited by asmoO

I didn't reduce their hearing, I fixed it. it was a bug, bought on with the new system. This bug has been fixed (for firing sounds).

Please fucking god stop adding new shit to the game and fix all the broken shit. i just died twice because for some fucking reason we can't be bothered to fix zombies flying though the god damn walls, and the stupid bullshit where you clip out of the firestation and fall to your death. i don't mind running to find friends for 45 fucking minutes to get shot, thats part of the game. but when your bullshit bugs kill me after a 45 fucking minute run TWICE to meet people in the same day, i'm going to be quite pissed.

Rocket, ever thought about this one?:

Log-out timers, I know they didn't work in the past, people used it to duplicate items. But what about you won't be able to log out when in shock or when you are bleeding. If you alt f4, your character will be stuck logged in untill either blood or shock dissapears. People could use this to then steal items from the guy and wait for them to log back in, so it's duplicated.

Now I was wondering if it was possible to make it so that no one will be able to acces the guy's backpack or do anything to the player until they are actually killed/dead? (or logged back in, obviously). I think this wouldn't be a bad idea, if it was possible atleast. I don't see how people are still gonna duplicate stuff like this.

This is literally IMPOSSIBLE to do because the arma engine doesn't support it!

Well the dates were Wednesday & Thursday, and I recall it being said that it wouldn't be on a Friday or the weekend so it will be Monday I suppose.

Please fucking god stop adding new shit to the game and fix all the broken shit. i just died twice because for some fucking reason we can't be bothered to fix zombies flying though the god damn walls, and the stupid bullshit where you clip out of the firestation and fall to your death. i don't mind running to find friends for 45 fucking minutes to get shot, thats part of the game. but when your bullshit bugs kill me after a 45 fucking minute run TWICE to meet people in the same day, i'm going to be quite pissed.

This is ALPHA FOR A REASON. You aren't PLAYING, you're TESTING ;)

the military is taught to destroy the enemy. by adapting.

No problem adapting here. The problem is that I have been enjoying dayz for it's milsim roots, when like getting close to a player with a gun, any gun was lethal. Even a noob with pre-beta makarov

could drop you w/o reloading, so the sense of paranoia and danger never left you.

• Like 4

The first rule of Chernarus: DO NOT get attached to your gear.

You will lose it to server errors, bugs, zombies, other players, hackers, werewolves, aliens, mystics, sasquatch, LGBT insensitivity and unforeseen sinkholes. You will NOT KEEP YOUR GEAR LONG. Face it.

I've had my gear for a long time... 5 days? 10 days? and I've just been engaging other players with good gear in elektro and stary :)

A headshot is a 1-hit on a player. If you're trying to hit a running player and can't perhaps you should rethink which targets are viable and which aren't. Even when I have a very accurate sniper rifle I tend to wait till the target stops moving.

im not trying to hit, im hitting them. a real weapon would stop him, but now a clip does close to nothing unless i headshot or break his leg. just change it to a water pistol then and ill drown them to death.

i just want the weapon to behave as it should, dont want a pvp fight to be won with headshot luckfest by spamming bullets when running around. not everyone wants to play as coward snipers, i like to get close and i dont mind 2-3 45 shots to the chest, but making an entire maganize not being enough is a bad joke.

• Like 1

This is ALPHA FOR A REASON. You aren't PLAYING, you're TESTING ;)

shut the fuck up queer i bought this game so that i could play the wonderfull mod that was made, your right it is in alpha hence why i'm fucking bitching about bugs, so they get fixed. not that developers ever fucking listen to people who drop 40+ hours a week in to their games but whatever.

[Warned - 3 day suspension - Ubi]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy