rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Wow, are u kidding me with this Weapon nerf? DayZ is like LOL they make skin so people will pay and after few days they nerf it to the ground, DayZ well done ur learning from them;) im so not goin to buy this game on standalone... gj on breaking awesome game

The War Z hope it will be normal and REALISTIC

Please tell me you're not that stupid. DayZ didn't nerf the weapons, BIS did, although you probably only bought ArmA 2 for DayZ and you have no clue what BIS is/who they are. They never said they are going to make people purchase skins/clothes in game, stop making up bullshit facts and pull the can of beans out of your ass. Have fun with WarZ and it's "realism" :)

• Like 2

yeah you may want to refute the actual topic of the post (hacking in dayz being rampant and BE not doing its job) instead of just cherry picking a sentence on the topic that you dont agree with. If you cant articulate your thoughts better you may just want to stick to playing games instead of commenting on them.

Fact - DayZ is infested with hackers

Fact - Battle Eye advertized statements say it prevents such intrusions

Fact - That is false advertising

Now that I have broken down my rant for you into 3 easily defined notes you may now formulate an actual rebuttal to my statement.

Punkbuster advertises statements saying it prevents "such intrusions", should they be sued for false advertising for all the hackers I see on BF3/BFBC2/BF2? Hmmmm.... *Calls lawyer*

Edited by Ayser

All I want to do is find a website/forum topic that is not full of people talking about every other thing that they feel like talking about. The current Pending Build topic is at 126 pages and all the relevant information could fit on too one page.

If there is no isolated area that contains just relevant information or can a locked thread that contains only useful information be made. I am loving DayZ and I must say I am pretty addicted to it. Keep up your hard work and I am sure you already aware a large number of people thank you for this mod. Thank You!

No expectations, I await a chance to try the next patch with great anticipation and just want to be informed so I can stop looking through page after page of random topics not related to this threads topic!

Again Thank you.

• Like 5

I haven't noticed any weapon nerf myself headshot is still instant kill. One of my friends learned that the hard way when crossing my line of fire.

Instead of complaining about the stopping power of pistols, start working on your marksmanship.

It's like dogshit, right? You make sure to notice it so you can avoid it, but you won't remember it later on.

like with this guy and everything he says:

Wow, are u kidding me with this Weapon nerf? DayZ is like LOL they make skin so people will pay and after few days they nerf it to the ground, DayZ well done ur learning from them;) im so not goin to buy this game on standalone... gj on breaking awesome game

The War Z hope it will be normal and REALISTIC

ha!

Edited by sivart

This is not a rant or anything but im wondering if the servers currently testing the new version which includes Helicopters are going to get restarted to before patch once the patch goes live, at the moment only a few selected people on my fav. server have access to the 1.7.2.4 beta and it is possible for the to fix up the choppers and hoard them away while no other players are permited to enter the server.

Since my group have been preparing parts for the Helicopter for a while now I find this a concern because it does not give us a fighting chance against those with early access.

Best regards, Misho

Edited by Misho
  • Like 2

Rocket please make the hatchet always go into the toolbet when you pick it up. Sometimes it replaces the primary weapon, I'd rather this didn't happen. Also have you thought about making the baseball cap an item that you can find, and adding other head-gear such as helmets (military, civilian), which you can equip in a new inventory slot. You could also do the same for the kevlar vest on the current civilian model, have the kevlar vest as a toolbet item which causes it to appear on the model. Then making the model start with a random clothing skin (or add additional lootable clothing skins).

This is a reeeeally good idea! :)

I love the thought of having a bit of sniper protection against a random head-shot..

As for the hatchet thing. It happens when you remove it from the toolbelt and then drop it or put it in your bag.

If you put it back on your toolbelt, and *then* drop it or put it in your bag, it will work as intended.

Not sure if this bug is reported on dev-heaven.. if not, it should be.

Edited by Cyanyde

All I want to do is find a website/forum topic that is not full of people talking about every other thing that they feel like talking about. The current Pending Build topic is at 126 pages and all the relevant information could fit on too one page.

If there is no isolated area that contains just relevant information or can a locked thread that contains only useful information be made. I am loving DayZ and I must say I am pretty addicted to it. Keep up your hard work and I am sure you already aware a large number of people thank you for this mod. Thank You!

No expectations, I await a chance to try the next patch with great anticipation and just want to be informed so I can stop looking through page after page of random topics not related to this threads topic!

Again Thank you.

I agree with you but dude, seriously.

It's the Internet.

A forum thread over 50 pages is like a tornado in the distance. It's not gonna show up and BUILD you a new house.

I haven't noticed any weapon nerf myself headshot is still instant kill. One of my friends learned that the hard way when crossing my line of fire.

Instead of complaining about the stopping power of pistols, start working on your marksmanship.

been posted already http://dayzdb.com/news/weapon-changes-in-arma2-162

Dude, I know about it. I'm saying I don't notice it because I aim for the head and that anybody else having problems should do the same.

Just shoot them in the head, they're still a 1-shot kill that way.

I said the same thing.. I just wasn't a douche about it. :P

can anyone confirm that weapons not used in DayZ have been changed?

can anyone confirm that weapons not used in DayZ have been changed?

Not personally, only dayzdb has any real info that I can find.. but you could try the arma2 forums, they would probably know.

Edited by Cyanyde

No, but you could try the arma2 forums.. they would probably know.

I was looking around lastnight on the BIS forums, but didn't see anything. honestly most of the newer posts there are all about Day Z anyway

Edited by daze23

I was looking around lastnight on the BIS forums, but didn't see anything. honestly most of the newer posts there are all about Day Z anyway

I would recommend the steam forums.. they seem pretty active since the patch, and a lot of the posts seem to be pro-arma 2 as opposed to pro-dayz atm..

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1010

(guess we're all here) ;)

Edited by Cyanyde

Dude, I know about it. I'm saying I don't notice it because I aim for the head and that anybody else having problems should do the same.

Just shoot them in the head, they're still a 1-shot kill that way.

my problem isnt zombies, is having to spend an entire 45 magazine on a running player, and he doesnt die. which makes no sense.

about zombies, ill just go back to using hatchet, 1 hit, silent kill as always.

Edited by white

They will leave a trail, once we have the algorithms sorted and can issue warnings/punishment... those who continue to do it will receive database level bans,

Your database bans do nothing as you can change playerid

my problem isnt zombies, is having to spend an entire 45 magazine on a running player, and he doesnt die. which makes no sense

Guess the arma2 patch fixed our pvp problem, inadvertently. ;)

Guess the arma2 patch fixed our pvp problem, inadvertently. ;)

what problem?

in a post apocaliptic world i wouldnt trust anyone, and would kill armed people in order to steal food and survive. hell, there are people that do this nowdays.

Edited by white

what problem?

lol!

It's pretty easy to tell what sort of gametype you prefer. :P

As for your edit, I agree. but I wouldn't shoot on sight.

Can't say you do either, but judging on your comment about the pvp problem, something tells me that is the case..

Either way, you just need to double tap, that way you have twice the chance of registering a head-shot.

Edited by Cyanyde

lol!

It's pretty easy to tell what sort of gametype you prefer. :P

well surviving is too easy, finding stuff is too easy, nothing left to do but find a challenge. and having to shoot 2 45 magazines in order to kill a player is ridiculous even comparing to counter strike in which u require about 3 deagle bullets in the chest (using armor).

Edited by white

what problem?

in a post apocaliptic world i wouldnt trust anyone, and would kill armed people in order to steal food and survive. hell, there are people that do this nowdays.

I would be a zombie

• Like 2

Your database bans do nothing as you can change playerid

I think they ban the cd key not the player id.

And as for the weapon changes, they probably changed the ammunition and not the weapons. So these changes would affect all weapons in arma that use the changed ammo. The guys at dayzdb probably just posted the weapons interesting for us.

Only thing i dont like abit is the logout system thats gonna be implented,for example what if im server hopping because a server simply doesnt load? And by that i mean is sometimes it gets stuck at loading or something else and simply doesnt move for like 5 minutes and more. What if a server is night and i had no way of knowing that? There needs to be some kind of advanced mechanic to detect behaviour that is actually intended to get out of a firefight or lose zed aggro.

Oh and what's up with the zombies coming at me through doors or simply spawning somewhere for a second and hitting me so I start bleeding for example in castles?

Also sometimes when i have to start again I simply dont find any guns at all,I've camped elektro by going back and forth to the farm and firestation so I can get a gun,because everyone are hostile and I can't run at them with an axe and you cant use your legs or fists to fight.

I actually fell out of the Elektro fire station tower once while going downstairs,so thats a bug,I fell to the nearby roof and broke my legs,there's also a feature where you can slide down a ladder,where if you use it you fall and break your legs,that feature should either be removed or it should atleast be so your character does it like people do it in real life by allowing themselves to slide down fast but while gripping the ladder on the sides,because at the moment they simply let go and just let the game decide whether or not you should break your legs and cry.

And at the Elektro fire station tower you can use the ladder on the outer side from inside and go through the wall to escape someone for example.

I'm pretty sure its not only in Elektro so that needs to be checked out.

One final thing,ive heard people shut down their servers when they get killed,what's up with that?

Edited by Martin69

I think they ban the cd key not the player id.

And as for the weapon changes, they probably changed the ammunition and not the weapons. So these changes would affect all weapons in arma that use the changed ammo. The guys at dayzdb probably just posted the weapons interesting for us.

except not. DayZ database is playerID tracked not GUID(CD-Key).