rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

This is ALPHA FOR A REASON. You aren't PLAYING, you're TESTING ;)

I'm PLAYING this game, and while i'm doing that i'm reporting in the forums every problem that i can detect in there.

Maybe you have a different definition of "playing" in your planet.

Greetings from planet Earth.

• Like 1

the problem with that is it's not your own character. sure you can hijack someone else character, but then they take it right back when they play. I imagine that could lead to some funny shenanigans, but ultimately you're not gonna be able to build your character

There are unused ids i already have several that sync to the hive and is MY data through and through. Hi-jacking is purely for fun or for someone who is misusing scripts.

Edited by jon.samuelsson

shut the fuck up queer i bought this game so that i could play the wonderfull mod that was made, your right it is in alpha hence why i'm fucking bitching about bugs, so they get fixed. not that developers ever fucking listen to people who drop 40+ hours a week in to their games but whatever.

Oh, you're a charmer!

Incoming in 3..... 2.......

• Like 1

Keep it up Rocket and the rest of the dayz staff. Hope you guys get this update this weekend :D

* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)

Does this fix the problem currently with infected not moving at all? The majority of them stand perfectly still even if you run by them at close distance. Also I have noticed that infected will give up on chasing you for no good reason. I have lost hordes of infected simply by running away in a straight line with no LOS obstruction.

I'm sure I read they stop chasing after 300m unless re-aggroed. Its suprisingly easy to clock 300m when running around buildings to then decide to leave town and run straight for that steep bank (you know the 1 they jump off too death :) or walk up for a duck shoot) when you look back expecting 15 and see only 2.

Btw is it only me that F@%KING hates that 1 zombie squeal. EEAAHHHWWWAARRGHH (you try to phonetically explain it :)

I wish I could kick & stamp in this game when I hear that beep beep beeeeep.

There are unused ids i already have several that sync to the hive and is MY data through and through. Hi-jacking is purely for fun or for someone who is misusing scripts.

you have several? you call hijacking fun? you should be fucking banned from humanity.
  • Like 3

Actually, one of my early deaths went like this:

It's dark and I'm near a lighthouse, but I just got my first binoculars before logging out the day before. I decide to climb the lighthouse because there is a bit of light in the east. I get up there and fool around a bit.

After a few minutes, I notice another player coming. This was right at the cusp of the shoot on sight days, so I watch him approach.

He comes up the ladder. I could have shot him many times over...

So he gets up to the top. I look at him. He looks at me. He salutes (remember that?). I salute...

BANG. He shoots me dead.

There're is no surefire way to stop shoot on sight. It's now part of Dayz culture.

I sincerely hope you're wrong.. :(

when is this update coming out its the 26 of july and i have yet to update.

When it's done.

I really hope this update fixes that annoying fact, that zeds doesnt get killed with one shot at M1911 any more. They need 3 or more hits, that cant be real. If a M1911 needs 3, guess what a Makkaroni needs to kill one Zed, a whole mag? ...

But I really love testing the alpha. It's an awesome mod!

shut the fuck up queer i bought this game so that i could play the wonderfull mod that was made, your right it is in alpha hence why i'm fucking bitching about bugs, so they get fixed. not that developers ever fucking listen to people who drop 40+ hours a week in to their games but whatever.

Someone had too much Mountain Dew tonight... :rolleyes:

Someone had too much Mountain Dew tonight... :rolleyes:

he fucking drinks fucking Mountain fucking Dew

• Like 1

If you want an update just launch DayZ and put 1.7.2.4 into your filter. That will show you the test servers. If one of the test servers is at near-max capacity---as it is right now---they're probably still "testing". I'd say at this point if Friday/Saturday/Sunday releases are out of the question you're looking at Monday if they don't find any show-stopper bugs.

Path of Exile has open test this weekend, play that while you wait. :)

Every MWO founder who doesn't have beta access gets it today, you could play that too. :)

Edited by random51
  • Like 1

the m1911 never killed a zed with one shot. besides that it is a really weak weapon

Yes, it did. Lets face it tho, it was over powered.. It's really common and was arguably the best pistol in the game. Also on the subject of weapons I don't know if this was a bug but m14 aim's no longer spawn in barns.

• Like 1

Yes, it did. Lets face it tho, it was over powered.. It's really common and was arguably the best pistol in the game. Also on the subject of weapons I don't know if this was a bug but m14 aim's no longer spawn in barns.

THE 1911 HAS terrible accuracy. It's only saving grace was it's power.

Yes, it did. Lets face it tho, it was over powered.. It's really common and was arguably the best pistol in the game.

so what if it is overpowered? this game is not meant to be balanced.

I think he might have given the zeds more HP.

Edited by Boston Brand

This is literally IMPOSSIBLE to do because the arma engine doesn't support it!

Stop posting about things you have no idea of. It is possible and was already implemented in an earlier patch. (was removed shortly after for other reasons). Rocket is again trying to implement it.

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

will there be any option to reload the two m240? or must we wait for a server restart?

I dont know if its been mentioned but there are some bugs with behicles. The Hilux, Pushbike and Ural all instantly repair themselves after an accident if you just get out, and jump back in the vehicle.

A couple of questions Rocket if I may..

The duping of gear through the save / dont save exploit through tents and vehicles is getting quite ridiculous. Everyone whos played for a week or more know how to do it and do. Is this something high on the genda to fix?

Example. Fill a car with your favourite gear, save it then empty it again. As long as you dont save the vahicle again, the next server restart will have it fiull of gear.

Next major problem is if a vehicle blos up, it will be fully repaired after server restart in the location it was destroyed.

Sometimes I find myself logging in and out of servers just because it is night time and i dont currently have NVGs. Beause I dont like to play on servers with a lot of people, I usually end up on a couple night servers before I find one with low people with the sun out. I would hate for something like this to cause punishments on players because it was mistaken for server hopping.

I dont know if its been mentioned but there are some bugs with vehicles. The Hilux, Pushbike and Ural all instantly repair themselves after an accident if you just get out, and jump back in the vehicle.

Ive seen that bug once, but not all vehicles get it

Edited by Nuke