rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

I think they ban the cd key not the player id.

I hope so. otherwise it's bad news for mark, tyler, owner, and everyone else that didn't bother to change it from the name on their windows account

except not. DayZ database is playerID tracked not GUID(CD-Key).

Hmm but I can change my profile name and still have all my things or not? (didn't actually try myself)

except not. DayZ database is playerID tracked not GUID(CD-Key).

it doesn't require a unique playerID, so I don't know how that would work

Hmm but I can change my profile name and still have all my things or not? (didn't actually try myself)

You can. I did it once when there were two other with my name on the server I was joining.

I changed my name and face, but nothing else changed about my DayZ character

playerid is a number not your in-game name. It is tied to your OA cd-key.

Edited by jon.samuelsson

I wonder why when you google about a bug about Dayz, most of the time it links to this site, but says file not found.

Other than that, I just want more server security in this game. Other than that, I like Dayz as it is and is going via 1.7.2.4.

Things out of Rocket's hands that I would like to see is server admin's getting more bandwidth for their servers. I like one server, but it lags, so I have to play on another that loads super fast and has no lag. Not a huge issue, but I would like people to understand that you need a good size amount of bandwidth to run a server smoothly.

so how could you change it?

Rocket please fix bugs like you sometimes break a bone and die when going through doors or falling through stairs, also please fix the bug that when you change backpack you loose all the items in the old one and cant recover them

So when it's tied to my cd-key it is basically as uniqe as it and I would have to get a new cd-key to get a new player-id? Well same difference then.

I wonder why when you google about a bug about Dayz, most of the time it links to this site, but says file not found.

those are all threads from before the forum transferred to this new software. I think all those threads got transferred, but the links google has aren't correct

Other than that, I just want more server security in this game. Other than that, I like Dayz as it is and is going via 1.7.2.4.

Things out of Rocket's hands that I would like to see is server admin's getting more bandwidth for their servers. I like one server, but it lags, so I have to play on another that loads super fast and has no lag. Not a huge issue, but I would like people to understand that you need a good size amount of bandwidth to run a server smoothly.

the reason for this is because the dayz website wasnt connected to the forums for quite a while. so the devs decided to move the address to the dayz website. making it easier to navigate through the websites.

I think they ban the cd key not the player id.

And as for the weapon changes, they probably changed the ammunition and not the weapons. So these changes would affect all weapons in arma that use the changed ammo. The guys at dayzdb probably just posted the weapons interesting for us.

Oh! I see now why me and a friend survived a Lee Enfield shot. Well than we woke up again and fucked the poor bastard.

Now why would I share that? :P

well lets go back to what you originally said:

Your database bans do nothing as you can change playerid

sure, there may be a way around it. but that doesn't mean it'll be "easy" or that database bans will do "nothing"

it's like saying you shouldn't lock your car because someone could just use a 'slim-jim' or break the window

you do what you can to prevent these things

Sounds like a very good idea to me. As long as there is a way to differentiate between the crashes and actual forced logouts (alt-f4). But definitely on the right track.

It looks like you are ok to server hop as long as your not re-joining the same server.

I'd love to see you losing your backpack when you change clothes fixed, lost coyote and alice before I realized how it was happening.

Now why would I share that? :P

For the same reason you did mention this possibility in the first place, i guess. So we can look at you and say : wow, look at this pretty cool and clever guy, he can hack the game, he got also a huge penis for sure

yes lets relate a game to a car.

it's called an analogy. the point is something that reduces the chances of something happening is better than "nothing"

Also my first post does not imply that I would share how.

now that I realize what you're talking about, I don't wanna know how. but your first post implied that it was simple and easy. there actually is a simple way anyone can do it: you buy another copy of the game

For the same reason you did mention this possibility in the first place, i guess. So we can look at you and say : wow, look at this pretty cool and clever guy, he can hack the game, he got also a huge penis for sure

*snicker*