rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Poor "hive reputation", which will come to include many factors - including alt-f4 behavior, will result in a database ban. This means your playerID will not be accepted on DayZ servers, and you cannot play DayZ.

i love that

One step at a time. This will put an end to server hoppers that just hop constantly to get gear. Although people will still be able to d/c to avoid death it looks like we are moving in the right direction. Baby steps before we start running.

So, since there would be no way to server hope again how can we find a good server? Because there is an enormous number of servers that do not connect, and there is also those servers which specifies a time stamp on the title but are out of sync (e.g. Night when should be day). I'm constantly forced to jump from server to server at least 6~10 times when I want to play DayZ with my friends.

The most logical thing would be to punish the players when they are disconnecting after get a hit or are on shock state...

Also, what would be the punishment for players that abuse the disconnect (ALT+F4)?

Edited by Guten Traum

Agreed. I'm going to spend more time on this issue and going to trial something more extended around the disconnection despawn times..

However, quid pro quo... I will do this only in return for a ceasefire agreement between the RDF and the ARA,,,

Challenge accepted.

Rocket, is there any word on the tents? Like is this even a priority right now or are you guys working on it or anything of that nature?

As well as the zombie walking through walls glitch, as these are my two biggest worries in the game atm, other than hackers.

Fair enough:

You guy's dun gone broked the tents!

Basically, there is an issue with tent number 1 million + because the ID is being stored wrong by the database.

Fixing it, for this update. Will go on the changelog once confirmed.

Click on Rocket's profile> find content> only posts> read all his posts. You're welcome.

Oh and also, I would really like to add something. I noticed you seem to like "The Walking Dead" series and there is one suggestion I have for you.

You know that scene where there is a traffic jam with all the cars? That would be a really nice implementation to the map. Only a few of these cars would be repairable or they could all be non-repairable vehicles some filled with trash some filled with some good loot. This place would have loot that you would imagine people taking when they are fleeing during an apocalypse (food, drinks, maps, knives, backpacks, tents, etc.)

Just an idea.

Edited by Lethal

Kind of miss zombies not pouring into buildings anymore, that was fun.

Edited by Mutagen_7B4
  • Like 1

I really appreciate all the bugfixes and effort going into the patches, but how far do you think you will go with new content before the standalone goes live. I've already seen helis are around the corner which is great. However there are a gazillion great suggestions on this very forum. My personal favorite is the addition of the an-2, which I really hope will happen some time. Maybe gather a special team some day spend reading through some of those for a couple of hours.

Again ty for all the effort, definitely on the RDF atm ;)

Click on Rocket's profile> find content> only posts> read all his posts. You're welcome.

Thank you I was actually wondering how to do that. You just saved for a crap load of time.

Thank god tents are being fixed, it's the main reason I've been hesitant to play.

Good work on the patch Rocket.

However, what if we end up in debug plains, stuck in the ocean, trapped in some location etc.

I also like the idea of alt+F4 = suicide shortcut or something like that..

Well, at least in the begining it looks like a good one, but maybe that is not a good idea after all in the practice.

Edited by Übermensch

Kind of miss zombies not pouring into buildings anymore, that was fun.

Indeed, the hordes used to be great:

Nice one - the deaf Zeds were getting to me a little. Now night time wont be like you are the Invisible Man.

Only one problem i can see (but is easily rectified) is that some times i do Server Hop at the start of my session so i get a Day time server (being only able to play after work at night time in Australia means i have to play on US servers). If ALL servers had their GMT or UTC timezone stamped on them this problem would disappear in a hurry.

Go Wallabies!

Any chance that you could implement some auto-save for tents on server restarts to fix the duplicating exploit?

It kinda ruins the game more for me than people logging out, whenever I find a camp with enough military rifles to wage war against a small country.

Oh dear, you really missed my point on this one.

"The establishment" is the politicians/news media/knee jerk reactionist types who will jump on any bandwagon for headlines. These are the ones who scream and shout when video games have strong content becasue they think only "Kids" play video games because they are narrowminded idiots who don't do research or care about facts. These are the people who would cause Rocket grief if he implemented anything to do with suicide in DayZ just because DayZ is a hot topic right know and he is right to be wary.

I am 40 and also have been playing video games since Pong and I personally do not hold the view that video games are "just for kids", quite the opposite. I also don't beleive films, tv, books, etc influence murder/suicide.

I''m sorry you did not understand my position or that I did not make it clearer.

hey man, i didnt mean to jump down your throat, and didnt mean for it to sound like that. sorry to sound like a dick.

however, i disagree with the suicide position. i dont think the politicians/news media/knee jerk reactionist types who will jump on any bandwagon really care any more. this kind of shit has been beatin to death, and they, for the most part, have moved on i think. maybe its just me, but i dont give a fuck what people think about me or what i do. especially for a side project that i do on my own time with no pay. (now that may have changed for rocket, maybe now this is part of his job. maybe now he has to answer to someone?) but i dont think media opinion really matters or has any place in any development of anything. the world would be a different place if it did. i maintain it is rocket and his own piece of mind. (unless: now that may have changed for rocket, maybe now this is part of his job. maybe now he has to answer to someone?) which again, i completely understand. i could be wrong about any of this...

murder is wrong. ending someone elses life, which is rampant in video games, even this one, is worse then ending my own. ending my own life is my choice. me ending yours is not your choice, its mine. to me, as long as there is murder, suicide is not an issue.

Edited by sivart

Rocket, any chance that we can get all the servers running the same freaking beta update?

Can you stop Six launcher from pushing every freaking beta update on their users? It's making finding a working server a nightmare. Cheers!

Rocket, any chance that we can get all the servers running the same freaking beta update?

Can you stop Six launcher from pushing every freaking beta update on their users? It's making finding a working server a nightmare. Cheers!

I appreciate your points, but given I cannot even control this single topic on the forums... my powers to control thousands of servers are... well... limited.

• Like 4

Any reason why there are dozens of hackers active on almost EVERY server today? What the hell happened? Normally you only saw a hacker once in a while...

rocket will this update solve the inventory being wiped when logging in bug? sorry for posting again but as far as i know there has been no offical word on this.

rocket will this update solve the inventory being wiped when logging in bug? sorry for posting again but as far as i know there has been no offical word on this.

this ^^

Looking forward to these;

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

* [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (for use with preventing ALT+F4)

Sick of people re-spawning several times...

but if i play on a server who let's say kicks ping 200+ and i have 250 and keep reconnecting will that get me banned?

I am experimenting with adding back the 5 second "alive in world" mechanic that we had before. This should also be there, in addition to the tracking of login/logout.

When you say that do you mean that you hope it will be in 1.7.2.4 or it will be in eventually a long with the tracking?

Edited by Cdrive

I appreciate your points, but given I cannot even control this single topic on the forums... my powers to control thousands of servers are... well... limited.

Well changing the 'This server is out of date, please contact your server administrator' This rule could be slightly amended? Maybe add a a value for arma 2 builds when authenticating with the Hive. That way 'stable-ish' betas can be forced. Like when BI fix the texture exploit that would be a biggi... that would be an ideal candidate to force all servers to update to.

Edited by Inch

I may be alone here on this, but I think every time you come in a server you should have a amount of time you can not move or shoot a weapon, not just multible DCs or RCs. This would make people think more about safe places to log out from as well as way to reduce loothops and DCs from Zombie or firefights. Many people DC and RC just to get Zombies to despawn, this would help with that as well.