rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Dear Rocket, first i was skeptic about DayZ, so i tried it out by buying Arma:CO and it was worth it, but theres one thing that is a bit sucky.

I mean the Vehicles. 17 vehicles for such a big map isn't much, especially when a group of 4-8 players hord all the vehicles.

Will be there more vehicle spawns in the future? So that even a newbie has a chance getting a vehicle at the start and doesn't has to search for hours on the map end in forests for a vehicle camp. Maybe more UAZ? Or much more Skodas and Wolgas, because they were pretty common in the old UDSSR.

What about those damn roadblocks and destroyed vehicles? Isn't there a bit too much of them blocking the entire road so you are forced to drive around the entire town.

I hope you will answer my Question.

Greetings from Switzerland

10 seconds is more than sufficient, it doesn't leave someones cheese hanging in the wind too long if they're in a reasonably safe spot, and if you're in combat with someone and can't kill them in 10 seconds of them doing absolutely nothing, you probably didn't have a chance of killing them to begin with.

OMAGOD! I HEAR GUNSHOTS from 100 meters away or so. I jump behind a wall and lay down.

Come and get me in 10 sec. And keep in mind that you dont even know if i really disconnected. So you can't just run in because then i could shoot you.

So you have 10 seconds to do a 100 meters cautious approach.

Good luck bro.

What we need is a 1 minute freeze after deco. If you do it in the field hiding in a tree, there is zero risk.

(Oh and i'm not hardcore or anything, i love gay poney and stuff, it's just that i would like to have some real pressure and authenticity during pvp firefight.)

Edited by RastaKoueR

should fix the not moving zombies and the loot spawn doesnt work at all, sometimes.

Can't wait, to bad wednesday is work -,-

Working 4:30-10.. Looks like I'll be testing this as soon as I get home, seeing as I doubt I'll have any time before work since my sleeping pattern has been screwy for the past month.

but if i play on a server who let's say kicks ping 200+ and i have 250 and keep reconnecting will that get me banned?

it seems being kicked would be recorded differently then abort or just lost connection. there is a record of a kick, so that could be handled differently, or not at all.

Really glad that camos will be back. But really, why isn't the inventory bug fixed yet? According to the how-hard-to-fix and how-necessary-to-fix ratio shouldn't this be one of the first priorities?

I'm talking ofcourse about the bug when you try to put an item into a full backpack it will simply disappear.

Regardless of what direction this mod takes us Rocket just make sure you stay true to your PC roots and dont go all console on us like most of our once fav dev teams have done.

Oh and for fuck sake mate...fix the fuckin clipping, zombies can still walk through walls and market shelves lol ;)

Rocket, I dont know if you talked about it already, what game engine you planning to use for the standalone?

if its not a secret :)

The Arma 2 engine?????........

The approach we're taking is to look at a players previous data when they are authenticated. If the server see's clear evidence that a player has been doing things that they are not allowed to do (such as large quantities of ALT+F4, hacked weapons, teleporting, spawning, or anything like that...)

I have a few questions/concerns about trying to "control" the Alt F4 issue along with the new Spawning mechanic.

1. There is no way to prevent Alt F4ing people are always going to find a way around it, wether its pulling your network cable, task manager, alt f4, abort, etc. You CANNOT punish people for this issue you will never find a way around this (people who dont have the greatest or stable enough internet along with admins kicking you from a server), people who complain about people that are disconnecting from the game either need to learn how to aim or learn how to sneak up on somebody so they don't have a chance to d/c. I won't lie I use to d/c in over-intimidating firefights but I grew out of it quickly, sure from time to time there will be a guy that will get away with a d/c (most of the d/cer's that I've seen get away with it from a long distant firefight 500+ meters, if you're unable to finish the job before they have time to alt f4 you probably couldn't of finished in the first place).

2. You cant punish people for not wanting to spawn over and over because they don't want to run 40 minutes getting into a town that will actually have decent items (without having to server hop over and over), along with having the chance to get shot instantly upon entering the town.

My only suggestion for d/cing in a firefight is if they are in shock and they disconnect make them spawn in with a heavy bleed along with the shock unconscious where they will either bleed out to death upon loading in or having a friendly get them up in time.

I suppose this is as good as any place to ask. I've heard rumors that at the moment object clean-up is bugged and that is what is causing massive fps issues to people, specially in major towns over extended periods of time.

Is there such thing as object clean-up and is it bugged at the moment? If it is bugged, when's it going to be fixed?

I'm just getting stressed over the poor fps in cities, it makes it frustrating to play when you need to adjust to drasticly different frame-rates.

A possible solution for the alt-F4 thing is to have this system as I've seen in some MMOs, where your character "camps" out. They sit down and there is a countdown of so many seconds until you are successfully logged out. But if you just close the game without camping out then you're character might persist in the world for a minute or two, just standing there, and you wont be able to control what happens to them.

Edited by Kujen
  • Like 1

I have a few questions/concerns about trying to "control" the Alt F4 issue along with the new Spawning mechanic.

1. There is no way to prevent Alt F4ing people are always going to find a way around it, wether its pulling your network cable, task manager, alt f4, abort, etc. You CANNOT punish people for this issue you will never find a way around this (people who dont have the greatest or stable enough internet along with admins kicking you from a server), people who complain about people that are disconnecting from the game either need to learn how to aim or learn how to sneak up on somebody so they don't have a chance to d/c. I won't lie I use to d/c in over-intimidating firefights but I grew out of it quickly, sure from time to time there will be a guy that will get away with a d/c (most of the d/cer's that I've seen get away with it from a long distant firefight 500+ meters, if you're unable to finish the job before they have time to alt f4 you probably couldn't of finished in the first place).

2. You cant punish people for not wanting to spawn over and over because they don't want to run 40 minutes getting into a town that will actually have decent items (without having to server hop over and over), along with having the chance to get shot instantly upon entering the town.

My only suggestion for d/cing in a firefight is if they are in shock and they disconnect make them spawn in with a heavy bleed along with the shock unconscious where they will either bleed out to death upon loading in or having a friendly get them up in time.

1, Yes there is.

2, Yes you can.

• Like 2

Listen kid, thats how its done in Diablo 3 when you play HC. There you loose tens of hours of game play. Could be even 100h. And noone bitches around.

Not all are like you, who QQ because he lost his makarow.

Unlikely, nobody plays Diablo 3 anymore.

Where do you play? I'd love to come kill you with my "Makarow", whatever that is.

You clearly have no understanding of the differences between game genres and why something that works for a MMORPG isn't good for a FPS. Consequently, see yourself out of this and any other balance threads.

@Rocket I know you probably have seen me post this question before, but why is it that we cannot see who killed who?

We could filter out so many hackers if we knew that the 40+ people who just died were killed by hackerman5000 or w/e. Most of these hackers are 11 yr old kids who learned how to google and think they are leet now :/

Some input on the respawn-debate:

What i love about Day Z:

It does not give me what I want (i.e. what I think I want).

If i want to play with my friends and meet up with them and I do not spawn at an ideal place, Its a struggle. That means, I will do whatever i can to stay alive so i dont have to run for 30 minutes to meet my friends again. And possibly die on the way. The frustration, and finally getting there is what makes the game interesting for me.

I've been playing Day Z for a few weeks now, and I almost wish it was even harder - I would love to see permadeath be even more permadeath, lets say you can't start playing again for 1, 2, 3 or even 24 hours. What would happen to the gameplay? How would people play the game? Would people be even more careful? These days I can gear up easily in less than 30 minutes, and that feels a bit like cheating on the permadeath idea.

The best game experience was the first time i played, without map, no idea where I was, where to go, what to do. Wish I could experience that again.

• Like 1

So the clothing is coming back, does that mean it's not going to screw with inventory/backpack/etc...?

Edited by King Midas

ALT+F4 is a cool feature don't fix it!

Edited by tehNuka

I'm sorry, but you are gravely over-generalizing people who also do not have ALL day to play games. You seem to think that all gamers that are complaining about this aspect of the game are basically just "carebear" gamers, and need the game to basically hold their hands. Thus they MUST be the only players who can't stand this spawning issue. You couldn't be further from the truth, sir... especially for gamers like myself and those I play with.

I understand that this game is meant to be hardcore, and is meant to be as realistic as a survival sandbox as it can get... and for the most part, it's right on the money! However, lets look at the game from a LORE standpoint. Why do people start on the beach with a backpack and anything in it? Where did all these survivors come from? If we were in an actual apocalyptic zombie situation, regardless if it was Day Zero or Day 1825 (5 years into it), do you truly believe that every single person would be starting their survival journey completely ALONE?!?!?! If you do, then you're a lost cause to any rational reasoning, regarding game lore, etc (IMO)

Given this game has but only a few working vehicles... that means this isn't actual Day Z(ero), as on the day of outbreak, there would still be plenty of working vehicles! THUS, in such a situation, there would definitely already be "packs" of people formed and working together. Thus, why not allow them to spawn together in this game to allow that type of "LORE" into the game? The fact that every single person starts alone, on the beach, with a backpack and some bandages, is almost like saying that every single person was lost at sea (maybe due to a shipwreck), and that they just happened to make it to land alone...

You see, there is plenty of LORE to think about, and plenty of ways to perceive this game in order to implement certain mechanics in order to make it jive with it's main objective of being a truly hardcore survival game!

And if you want to go on about players being carebear, because they dislike not being able to spawn with friends... my friends and I (including my wife) all played Left 4 Dead 2 purely on Expert Realism mode! Playing games as hardcore as we can is what it's all about to us! But that doesn't mean that we want to spend a huge chunk of our gaming time simply GETTING TO EACH OTHER before we can actually begin to work together as a group!

I can't put it any more eloquently! Tis my 2cents!

Don't waste your breath on these no-life, play dayz 10 hours a day trolls. Waste of time and effort. But you have my beans.

• Like 1

Meat not spawning on animals after gutting them!

Can you please check this rocket! Also they still dont move!

Keep up the good work mate!

Rocket, and the all bugs and weapons duplicate bugs?

like if u have a weapon in your backpack and gear a dead zumbie or players passing the weapons for the dead boddy 20 times.. will be 20 weapons on the dead boddie.. and if u pass and pick ammo to your pack for the zombie.. several times and abort and back to the game u have alot of ammo ..

i use this time ago and still working.. i dont use anymore because realy lost all the fun..and i want this fix for nobody have more stuff using bugs, and fuck my english love the game [<o>]

you're gonna suffer because of exploiters one way or the other. either they're gonna exploit and kill you, or the system set in place to punish them might sometimes punish a legit player. I prefer the latter

this is the way of the world. we all suffer because some people can't play right

Edited by daze23

double post because lag forum

sryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Edited by rogi_