ruarz

Suggestions for the DayZ standalone - thinking outside of the limitations of an Arma 2 mod.

Hi people!

A very good suggestion: a laser pointer with a good range. Reasons: if you are in a group and want to show something or to tell someone to go to some specific place, you just point and tell your friend to go there.

Example: you and 2 other friends are walking in a city at night. All of you speak different languages and 1 friend do not speak english. You need somebody to stay at the outside of a store while you take food and bandages from there. You point the laser at the store and go there, then point again to some of your friend and to the store sidewalk, a 'stay at the storefront' sign, then he/she would understand what you want to do. It helps in many others situations when you need a very fast communication or to show something that your group hadn't seen.

Zombies should not interact with laser point, because you do not want to get their attention with it, or sometimes you want to show where they are.

The laser pointer should have a good precision, red/green/blue and other colours and works like the real ones.

I think they should integrate some type of climbing system. Such as finding a few rare components for climbing. Like climbing trees or mountains easily. But the equipment is rare.

I think they should integrate some type of climbing system. Such as finding a few rare components for climbing. Like climbing trees or mountains easily. But the equipment is rare.

Jep, Mountaineering Simulation would be very, very nice. Also differentiate between FreeClimbing only possible only in warm climate and mountaineering in cold climate.

1.Mountaineering (Cold Places)

http://www.abc-of-mountaineering.com/shop/mountaineering-gear.asp

http://www.abc-of-mountaineering.com/shop/mountaineering-equipment.asp

2.Free Climbing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrX0ohmu1zw&feature=related

I would love to climbing, finding new places like caves with hype rare loot.

My other Wish...

Hunt Simulation like The Hunter.

I have played The Hunter sometimes and it is the perfect kombination with DayZ.

I love the way the hunter makes it possible to Read tracks from the animals to find them. Also the aspect that you can use lure like sounds and scents to bring the animals to your place.

Both simulationsystems can bring DayZ into another Level of Simulation, makes the entire feeling of DayZ more deep and brings new aspects into the Game.

• Like 4

Dagolem, one problem for climbing like that is that its very hard to make, there are very few climbing games.

I have an idea for groups. If you want to group up with someone, say a friend, and you meet up but you don't want to mistake them for another, potentially hostile, player. You would get close enough to them and act as if you were going to look in their backpack only it will give an option like "Friend Player" or something similar. If both players do this then you will show up on map for each other, on the GPS and their player name will hover over them no matter their distance and can only be seen by players that have "friended" each other. This will make coordination much simpler and make it so finding one another easier and not such a pain in the ass. The best part would be you can do this to as many players as you like so you can have large groups. This will not change any type of friendly fire, everyone is fair game.

I like the idea of "friending" a player. But I don't like the permanent nametag. Although very useful it doesn't fit with the game. I would prefer to have to recognise a player by appearance like clothing or something. A nametag would highlight a player in pitch dark which seems to easy. They could show up on gps, providing they have some way of being tracked, like they must have a gps too.

Dagolem, one problem for climbing like that is that its very hard to make, there are very few climbing games.

Yep, it is very difficult. But life without challenges is boring. :D

1.Free Climbing (possible solution)

http://thumbs.dreams...618844A7T9l.jpg

A Modder can bringt the steps on the Wall so that the Survivor can climb on it.

That shows also "this is a FreeClimbing" place.

btw. at FreeClimbing you have to leave all your Stuff (weapons,backpack...) on the Ground because it is impossible to climb with all the stuff. so if another Player comes around he can steal your stuff...hrhr

No risk - no Hyper Rare loot! :D

2.Mountaineering

Same as FreeClimbing System but without the prefabricated Steps.

You have to use a Hammer to put piton into the Wall, then you have to use it with the carbine.

Climbing for Where no one has gone before...hrhr

Edited by DaGolem

Jep, Mountaineering Simulation would be very, very nice. Also differentiate between FreeClimbing only possible only in warm climate and mountaineering in cold climate.

1.Mountaineering (Cold Places)

http://www.abc-of-mo...eering-gear.asp

http://www.abc-of-mo...g-equipment.asp

2.Free Climbing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrX0ohmu1zw&feature=related

I would love to climbing, finding new places like caves with hype rare loot.

My other Wish...

I love the way the hunter makes it possible to Read tracks from the animals to find them. Also the aspect that you can use lure like sounds and scents to bring the animals to your place.

Both simulationsystems can bring DayZ into another Level of Simulation, makes the entire feeling of DayZ more deep and brings new aspects into the Game.

You really just upped what I was trying to say. Thanks.

This is what I think would increase more sales. It makes this more unique and you said it yourself, not many games have this aspect to it.

A fork lift truck to go with some new barricades, bricks on a pallet. Too big to be moved by a vehicle without badly damaging it, can only be moved with a fork lift truck, players cannot take it down or vault it and it stops zombies, the only way the bricks on a pallet would be destroyed is by a grenade/satchel/rocket. I'm hoping with DayZ Standalone that once you secure an area zombies won't spawn in, say you kill the zombies, run away to loot somewhere and come back there shouldn't be any more zombies there. Also there could be some kind of flatbed truck to load the bricks onto.

Edited by CptMugwash

Hi new poster, sorry to say this point blank but that's a terrible idea. It's not that I think you shouldn't be able to group up and coordinate with other players, but this shouldn't be done via annoying and easily exploitable game mechanics like you described. There's no authenticity in having a perma-tag over players with constant map visibility, it simply isn't like that irl. It's a cheap shortcut that would make things WAY too easy. Instead, radios should help groups coordinate their actions across the map, or else just use Teamspeak & co like everyone else.

You do make a good point. I don't want it to become an exploit or anything. I forgot that they are going to add more skins. I'm still thinking within Arma2.

New Heli Crash.

Instead of heli crashes just being there randomly, I was thinking maybe you'll see an AI heli crash, you'll maybe see this heli fly in and then either players have to shoot it down or it just crashes. This just as an alternative to the heli crash being there. I know they don't want any AI and this maybe could clash with the fact that players can have heli's as well but was just thinking itd be cool to see a heli that then maybe hovers for a few seconds and flys off. So havin to shoot it down means that heli crashes at least require some effort to get.

You do make a good point. I don't want it to become an exploit or anything. I forgot that they are going to add more skins. I'm still thinking within Arma2.

Hey no problem, that's what discussions are for :) I love these forums because the community is so alive with ideas.

I'm not against group mechanics per se, but I think groups should be supported by more subtle means that don't intrude on the immersion and authentic gameplay. Skins will make a huge difference, as will radios and underground base construction, which Rocket has said he wants to add in later updates. Your idea would work well in the context of Arma2, but I don't think nametags are the way to go in DayZ.

My other Wish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKCz1obFh-o&feature=related

Wow thanks for making me aware of The Hunter, that looks like a pretty cool game!

It would be truly amazing if you could track wildlife and other players in DayZ (with the help of your dog!). Not sure how that would work, but I'm all for it.

Wow thanks for making me aware of The Hunter, that looks like a pretty cool game!

It would be truly amazing if you could track wildlife and other players in DayZ (with the help of your dog!). Not sure how that would work, but I'm all for it.

No Problem ;) HF

Hunting System

The Tracking System in The Hunter is simple there are Footsteps with red signs around. So you can see from "far" away there is something. Then you go to the Steps and see what kind of wild you have.

Now you follow the Red Signs to find the wild.

Simple technic...simple to take into DayZ SA.

Maybe with little different...-> At the Steps you can see what kind of wild or is it a Player. Then how long has it been since the Person/Wild was here. At last there must be resolution -> if steps longer then 1-2Hour ago then the Steps dissolve.

Nothing complicated ;)

This thread just became the most viewed suggestion thread on the entire forum!

• Like 1

I actually did read your thread, as I do with every thread. It was typical "this is how I want the game to be," without even bothering to think any of it through. Pretty much every point above either completely ignores the direction of the game, or is something that you think is "cool."

Nothing engaging, nothing unique, and nothing remotely interesting.

Personally I think your a tosser, I havent seen any suggestions out there from you. And Rocket does read the forums and wants suggestions as he said at the EuroGamer conference. I rest my case

Petrol tanker/truck!

Hi there, I believe that if more vehicles are going to be added and that they are more customizable then perhaps there should be at least one of these vehicles on each server for everyone/factions/clans to fight over.

Ural_AC5_1.jpg

I believe this would be great because it means that a convoy of people's vehicles would be able to stay fuelled for a very long time, however it adds the risk of the tanker being shot and blowing up most of the convoy and scarring the land in wreckages, flames and bodies dismembered with blood everywhere. So people would fight over these tankers or stay away from them. If a clan is enemies to another clan while surviving against zombies then they would need to watch out if they have a petrol tanker or for the enemies it would be a fun task to intercept or ambush the convoy and kill them all/blow them up or strategically try take over the convoy with less casualties.

It's up to you how you would play but I think many many people would back up my idea/suggestion. Please add this Dean/Rocket!

P.S - This also adds reason to introduce more rag-doll and definitely add dismemberment!

Thanks, Harry

I don't know about you but, I prefer to help people so I would drive the tanker around and fill up people's vehicles for free.

• Like 2

It took me a while to get here. I kept getting some "bad gateway" message, maybe a lot of traffic on the forums? idk. Anyway, I'm sure this has been already suggested, but I'm not about to read through a sh*t load of pages. :)

1. I would like to see Single Player option for the stand alone. An option where I can log on by my self and fight zombies. Also, a LAN option? Log on by myself with a few buddies and just fight zombie hordes as we move throughout the cities etc.

2. Slow and fast zombies.

3. Fortified bases, turn a house into a base? Maybe the houses can have some kind of generator and if you own it for a while then you are able to turn on the lights or the house gets some kind of upgrades? Spotlights, some ammo, or food etc.

4. Own a few houses in a "circle/square" radius for a while and they turn into a mini fort? Some walls appear between them to make it a fortified area. Same upgrades can apply, random stuff spawns after a while. Spotlights, food, etc.

5. Customization of characters! I know this isn't a MMORPG, but it would be nice to have people look different. Not even that, but just a whole bunch of different clothes, hats, masks, shoes, gloves, etc.

I'm sure you can poke holes in my ideas, but I'm at work so I don't really have time to think of stuff! :)

Edited by twinturbonet
  • Like 1

I don't know about you but, I prefer to help people so I would drive the tanker around and fill up people's vehicles for free.

nice idea, wouldn't want to be in the drivers seat when an AS50 Nato round hits the tank tho

wouldn't want to be within 500 metres come to think of it

It wouldn't explode under most normal circumstances.

Diesel fuel doesn't ignite like gasoline for one and usually those tankers are holding diesel fuel for big equipment. Even if it was gasoline it wouldn't automatically be some mobile bomb waiting for any sniper to set it off.

You need oxygen to produce the explosion; not fuel. You also need pressure to create an explosion and not just a flame or fireball. The thing would have to be mostly empty to begin with and have gasoline in it not diesel. If it was 3/4 full to completely full then no matter where you shout it the thing wouldn't explode.

Liquid fuel doesn't burn; the vapor is what ignites. If you have a pool of gasoline and ignite it the whole thing doesn't explode; just the vapor on top mixed with the oxygen burns. The liquid fuel below is not ignited and is not burning.

You would have to shoot the upper part of the tank where the oxygen and vapor are. If you shoot low where the liquid fuel is you'll just spring a leak with no explosion and doubtfully any flame. Even if there was a flame the fuel would be leaking out and only the vapor burning. The flame would not be able to travel up into the hole and ignite the vapor and oxygen in the upper part of the tank.

All in all there's a lot of variables here but it's really not that easy to just shoot a fuel tank and cause an explosion.

No Problem ;) HF

Hunting System

The Tracking System in The Hunter is simple there are Footsteps with red signs around. So you can see from "far" away there is something. Then you go to the Steps and see what kind of wild you have.

Now you follow the Red Signs to find the wild.

Simple technic...simple to take into DayZ SA.

Maybe with little different...-> At the Steps you can see what kind of wild or is it a Player. Then how long has it been since the Person/Wild was here. At last there must be resolution -> if steps longer then 1-2Hour ago then the Steps dissolve.

Nothing complicated ;)

I just wonder if the servers could handle it... with so many objects (the tracks) spawned at once, I fear it might not be feasible from a technical point of view.

This thread just became the most viewed suggestion thread on the entire forum!

The authoritative source! Congrats, it's a great thread :)

Übrigens, @DaGolem: "Wild" heißt auf Englisch "game" oder "prey" aber definitiv nicht "wild" ;) You would use the noun "wild" more like as in, "I'm hunting my prey out in the wild" i.e. in the untamed outdoors.

Hope I don't come across as a wise-crack, I just thought pointing out this false friend could be useful to you in the future.

Edited by Bakst

Weapon wishlist:

Tokarev SVT-40

Sturmgewehr 44 (STG44)

Gewehr 43

PTRS/PTRD-41

HS2000/Springfield Armory XD

Fallschirmjägergewehr 42 (FG42)

M1 Garand

Lahti L-39

Edited by Miroslav

Sorry if already suggested, haven't looked through the entire thread.

- Items should have weight. Therefore your restricted on your ability to carry multiple items. At the moment in the mod you can put a car tire / wheel in your backpack and it doesn't worry your ability to run / sprint. Each item shouldn't be limited by a number, example the coyote pack can hold sixteen items. A "coyote" or backpack in real life can carry way more. Backpacks and utility jacks or coats should have a pocket count and an overall weight limit. The "Coyote" can hold 10 kilos in weight. And the average human player should be able to carry at least half their own body weight, up to the same as their body weight though lose the ability to jog, run or sprint.

- Weight should affect your endurance / stamina. If your light with your gear then you can run for a bit longer, start loading up items and you get weighed down.

- Body armour / Bullet proof vests. If the military or police are around then you should be able to lot military kevlar / steel plate jackets, helmets or thigh protectors. Police would be stab proof vests or kevlar / riot gear style get up.

- Single bullets, packs of bullets, magazines of bullets and clips of bullets. At the moment it's annoying in the mod when you have a M1911 .45 ACP pistol and you fine .45 ACP revolver ammo and it's not interchangeable. It's the same caliber. The image for the .45 ACP revolver ammo in game seems to be a faster auto reloader for the revolver itself. These and clips / magazines would offer faster reloading then single bullets and packs of bullets.

- Smoking cigarettes calms your nerves though affects you endurance. Helps with shock / pain.

- Alcohol calms your nerves, make you less prone to pain and shock though affects you aim and ability to run.

Just a few so far. I'll have more as I think of them.

• Like 1