ruarz

Suggestions for the DayZ standalone - thinking outside of the limitations of an Arma 2 mod.

So earlier yesturday i posted a suggestion but i think no one read it or looked at it well i was basicly talking about how it would be cool if you guys added cellphones to the game it would look more releastic as the players can contact their friends by registering their friend's cellphone number and call them when they are online, since everything cant be simple you should also make the cellphone rechargable and it cant hit water or it will break. Please Reply On What You Think Of This Suggestion. Thank You B)

So earlier yesturday i posted a suggestion but i think no one read it or looked at it well i was basicly talking about how it would be cool if you guys added cellphones to the game it would look more releastic as the players can contact their friends by registering their friend's cellphone number and call them when they are online, since everything cant be simple you should also make the cellphone rechargable and it cant hit water or it will break. Please Reply On What You Think Of This Suggestion. Thank You B)

Cell phone towers and networks are high maintenance objects, they would fail pretty fast after its operators/maintenance personnel has left or is dead. Handheld radio's/cb radio's and the like are a option and require just a working unit that can send and recieve.

• Like 1

Remove the HUD screen for ammo. The only way to find out how much bullets is left on the clips or magasine, is to check the mags/clip and to see if it contains bullets. This would make the game more realistic :) And add empty mags to loot-items, so we players could get a little bit angry :)

Remove the HUD screen for ammo. The only way to find out how much bullets is left on the clips or magasine, is to check the mags/clip and to see if it contains bullets. This would make the game more realistic :) And add empty mags to loot-items, so we players could get a little bit angry :)

Was already promised by Rocket in standalone.As a default option.

You missed my reply, above:

snapback.pngabran33, on 15 November 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

hey i had a suggestion. wouldnt it be good if we made players be able to find cellphones yes cellphones so they can communicate with others they need real or fake if u know what i mean like make up ur own number or have the system give u one and call ur friends have their numbers registered oh and u need to charge the battery of course.

Okay I want to respond to ComboBreaker's post but first I need to address this idea. Umm, why cellphones -- what's wrong with radios? And how exactly do you envision charging your battery in a world without power plants? There has certainly been talk about introducing generators, being able to reactivate power stations, etc. etc. but like I said: what's wrong with radios?

i also think there should be a way to manually combine mags so you dont have a bunch of half empty mags in your inventory

another new idea i just had though it has probably been said before is tracking

Tracking: everyone im sure has noticed the tracks of you car when driving in game and how they disappear in a few seconds, the same goes for footsteps and grass when you've been crawling. these things i believe should last for 1-2 min so that players could effectively "hunt" one another. another thing to add to this is a blood trail so an injured player will leave a trail of blood that can be found by another player, the the frequency of finding blood could be determined by how fast the injured is bleeding, and of course the trail would stop if the player bandaged.

another map: a map similar to the size of Chenaus, but has a more diverce ecosystem and climate, such as a swampish area, a simi-tropical area (think Lingor), and in the north a snowy region (think Namalsk), also have an extreemly hard to reach area that is say over very steep very tall mountains which you cant fly or drive over (Due to the freezing temps the vehicles freeze up or something) and over the mountains have the best loot spawns we've ever seen. also in order to have a cold weather area of course cold weather gear, including winter camo that is usless in the other regions as normal camo would be in the north

Edited by darkfire4

i also think there should be a way to manually combine mags so you dont have a bunch of half empty mags in your inventory

Yeah that sounds great!

Was already promised by Rocket in standalone.As a default option.

Oh sorry then, mate.

• Like 1

Idea:

When a player dies from Zeds (and not unconscious) There will be a scream which can be heard by other players in the distance.

The Scream would happen with multiple Zeds killing the player.

Imagine your wandering in a forest at night or day and you hear a scream as a player is killed.

This would mess with the player.

Now if this was done- it should not happen every time there should be a Percentage possibility to happen if certain factors are met.

• Like 1

What I believe should be implemented is the ability to make spears (also throwing spears if you will) from tree branches/twigs. This should be implemented considering it's rather obvious that people would do this when lacking any weapons but being lucky enough to wield a knife. Or you could tie the knife on the end of a stick with some sort of tie/belt. And the ability to skin an animal and use it's hide for clothing. Hey, we're kind of back to the Stone Ages anyway!

Also, wooden bows and arrows. :lol:

Using a spear or pole could/should be useful at keeping a zombie/infected at bay or outside arms reach. A form of crowd control.

• Like 1

There definitely needs to be craftable weapons that you can make before you get hold of a gun. Bows and spears are good. Perhaps the most primitive weapon could just be a stick or branch from a tree. Would require you to beat zombies to death but its a good start.

Here's a suggestion for third person view:

It shouldn't be possible to peek around corners or over walls with 3rd person view. But I like to switch from first to third person. Gives you a wider field of vision.

So, why not make it, so that objects your character can't see from his perspective aren't rendered behind walls and such. You could see the grass or buildings behind the wall, but not the player. He only appears, when your character could see him. This should be possible to do, shouldn't it? Then you wouldn't have to take 3rd person out of the game to make it fair.

Also, for the friend system:

You should be able to respawn with your friends. For this, everyone has to be dead and you would still respawn at the beach. This would also be somewhat realistic, because not only loners, but also groups of survivors would flee to chernarus (by boat, it seems).

Using a spear or pole could/should be useful at keeping a zombie/infected at bay or outside arms reach. A form of crowd control.

Exactly. One of the reasons I suggested it.

I looked up the mod for DayZ (DayZ 2017) and I quiet liked the idea of that mod, but I would keep some of the military weapons and helicopters. So I think there should be more melee weapons and also you can use scrap metal to add body armour to your car.

vehicle customisation would be kinda intuitive,m scrap metal to armour up your engine bay, doors windows etc, as well as fitting a GPS to the dash

also, i agree with what seems to be the current consensus, that vehicles should be everywhere (they wouldn't just vanish after the infection), and not always totally boned (except for helis, which would need parts AND TIME to fix up to being workable, but should need a green engine to run for more than a few minutes, good tyres to go off road. then make fuel teh hard thing to find, after all, the oil rigs won;t be churning the crap out of teh earth wil they? and the fuel depo should be a good spot to look for some (but probably crawling with bandits/hijackers), relying on either group raids to fill up oil tankers (from which jerry cans can be filled) and keep safely tucked inside a cozy base, far away from bandits, where you can sell it onto desperate survivors for their beans/ammo/valuables ("ill fill your hilux for you, good sir, if you give me a can of mountain dew" :D)

then make a wide range of civilian vehicles, with realistic gear capacities (proportional to the size of the boot, so a huey won't actually have that much room, but a pickup would have LOADS), and watch the carnage at the fuel depot

as for the fuel depot, im thinking of a large walled complex, with one wide entrance for tankers/vehicles at the front, and a couple of smaller ones round the perimiter for hiking survivors to sneak in through to the main loading bay, where you can get access to limited fuel (regenerates slowly, but can hold loads)

the fuel in the tank slowly regenerates (probably enough to fuel half of what we want to use), and EVERY time fuel is taken out, its lost from the tank

the tankers should be about 3-4 per server, hold an insane amount of fuel in the back (as much as you can find basically), but slow to drive, and would need armouring on teh tanks to protect from sadistic bandits ("that's alot of fuel you have there, now watch it come out of my 50 calibre hole onto the road!") (note a hole at the top of teh tanker should set its maximum fuel level to drain at the top, but a hole at the bottom would drain it empty)

also, vehicles everywhere should spawn with a little bit of fuel (except for broken fuel tanks) which can be siphoned off using a jerry can and a hosepipe at the risk of ingesting toxic petrol/diesel (lets just assume that either one will make you VERY ill) or with a hand pump (rare find) and jerry for safer extraction

• Like 2

and how would you regulate server hopping for fuel? An age of "alt + F4", "gamma", and "combat logging" is among us. why would players all the sudden be so willing to follow the rules here? Food for thought..

Bring back some of the old zombie noises, they were awesome :)

Also, when you wear a ghillie and its relatively hot out in the sun, you should overheat, becoming tired and thirsty quickly :D

Edited by goleastro

vehicle customisation would be kinda intuitive,m scrap metal to armour up your engine bay, doors windows etc, as well as fitting a GPS to the dash

also, i agree with what seems to be the current consensus, that vehicles should be everywhere (they wouldn't just vanish after the infection), and not always totally boned (except for helis, which would need parts AND TIME to fix up to being workable, but should need a green engine to run for more than a few minutes, good tyres to go off road. then make fuel teh hard thing to find, after all, the oil rigs won;t be churning the crap out of teh earth wil they? and the fuel depo should be a good spot to look for some (but probably crawling with bandits/hijackers), relying on either group raids to fill up oil tankers (from which jerry cans can be filled) and keep safely tucked inside a cozy base, far away from bandits, where you can sell it onto desperate survivors for their beans/ammo/valuables ("ill fill your hilux for you, good sir, if you give me a can of mountain dew" :D)

then make a wide range of civilian vehicles, with realistic gear capacities (proportional to the size of the boot, so a huey won't actually have that much room, but a pickup would have LOADS), and watch the carnage at the fuel depot

as for the fuel depot, im thinking of a large walled complex, with one wide entrance for tankers/vehicles at the front, and a couple of smaller ones round the perimiter for hiking survivors to sneak in through to the main loading bay, where you can get access to limited fuel (regenerates slowly, but can hold loads)

the fuel in the tank slowly regenerates (probably enough to fuel half of what we want to use), and EVERY time fuel is taken out, its lost from the tank

the tankers should be about 3-4 per server, hold an insane amount of fuel in the back (as much as you can find basically), but slow to drive, and would need armouring on teh tanks to protect from sadistic bandits ("that's alot of fuel you have there, now watch it come out of my 50 calibre hole onto the road!") (note a hole at the top of teh tanker should set its maximum fuel level to drain at the top, but a hole at the bottom would drain it empty)

also, vehicles everywhere should spawn with a little bit of fuel (except for broken fuel tanks) which can be siphoned off using a jerry can and a hosepipe at the risk of ingesting toxic petrol/diesel (lets just assume that either one will make you VERY ill) or with a hand pump (rare find) and jerry for safer extraction

I like that, rocket did say he wanted to add the construction, why not make a fuel tank in your base? that idea is awesome

and how would you regulate server hopping for fuel? An age of "alt + F4", "gamma", and "combat logging" is among us. why would players all the sudden be so willing to follow the rules here? Food for thought..

I would just make it so the servers have a different hive so you would have to create a character on every server you haven't played on, also not all the community is made of assholes like that

Edited by IncognitoNico

I would like to see the helis removed. Right now, there is no incentive to build a tent camp or hider your vehicles, since they can easily be spotted by helis.