ruarz

Suggestions for the DayZ standalone - thinking outside of the limitations of an Arma 2 mod.

Being an Australian, I don't like the idea of it being banned in Australia, so if adding child zombies means that it might be banned in Australia, please avoid it! That said, the idea of child zombies is good, so maybe if you still want to go ahead with it just make sure we can still get the game. Also though the idea of gear degradation would make it more realistic, I personally don't like the idea unless there is a viable way to repair said gear. For example degraded weapons could be repaired with scrap metal (maybe a tool, I've seen lots of suggestions for individual tools such as wrenches, hammers etc. so there could be a suitable tool for this as well.

all great ideas for the game imo though the stand out idea is the notepad and pen.. i love it. i can name the times ive had to move when im waiting on a mate to reach me. a note to her in a personal code would be a great add. to the game. great thead. im on tenterhooks for the s/a game.

• Like 1

Sorry if already suggested, haven't looked through the entire thread.

(...)

- Smoking cigarettes calms your nerves though affects you endurance. Helps with shock / pain.

Afaik all but the cigarettes idea have already been posted on this thread (I've been following it for a while now). It's an interesting suggestion -- after like 20-40 fags you would get addicted and suffer penalties if you don't smoke regularly... to be honest, though, this is probably too much of a micro-feature with no real benefit to gameplay, so I don't think it's gonna get added. Still a pretty good idea tho.

all great ideas for the game imo though the stand out idea is the notepad and pen.. i love it. i can name the times ive had to move when im waiting on a mate to reach me. a note to her in a personal code would be a great add. to the game. great thead. im on tenterhooks for the s/a game.

Dude I totally agree. Pen & paper would be amazing, and actually I think that's been confirmed for the SA (?).

In addition, photos would be pretty awesome. Find an instant-camera, some Polaroid film and batteries, and start taking snapshots of people, places, bodies, etc. Don't know if it's doable from a technical POV tho, since the images would have to be stored server-side in order to be preserved after the player logs off. Maybe limit the amount of film per server?

Smoking should merely be that in game, smoking. It lets you look cool, and if you have the ability to offer a smoke to another player, would be a neat way of showing you're a somewhat friendly player.

would be a neat way of showing you're a somewhat friendly player.

Somewhat :lol:

also i think that if i ran up to any player in DayZ they would trun around and start shooting before i even had the chance to offer a smoke XD

i would like to have cult items so i could start/participate/fight in all kinds of weird cults.

the items should be unique (more or less) and you should be able to place them prominent (hang on a tree, put on a stone or whatever).

some examples just to show the direction:

- a cross or icon found in a church

- modern day marketing stuff (advertising sign, small giveaway) maybe found in supermarkets oder factories

- skulls (animal or human) and/or some kind of bodyparts (head on a stick?)

- artefacts with unkown origin and purpose

i think some of these things could have a lot of potential for atmosphere and even cultural development.

i guess cannibalism is out of range (when you are feared to get banned because of children-zombies), but some kind of cult wihout to much gore would be cool.

not related a wish for the vehicle section:

i want to have a Vespa.

I would really like to see some kind of instances. Sort of big, underground locations, military bases etc. with many zombies that would be really hard to pass without good co-op (maybe missions in style of L4D but properly changed to fit in DayZ lore).

Also making zombies more hmmm " moveable" would be great! It could be great if zombies would be able to jump through windows, climb up the walls/on the roofs so u have to have eyes around our head all the time.

Edited by Kaczor

Some basic suggestions from me, My apologies if someone has thought of it before, but then again it would only add to the resolve of implementing it. Maybe.

First of all, in light of people who may me brand new to Arma or are just wanting a more relaxed challenge the implementation of PVP Servers. Perhaps to prevent against thigns like exploiting the loot system by server hopping there may be rules in place where you have a character you would use on PVE servers, and one you'd use on PVP Servers? I'm sure there are methods in development to prevent against loot exploitation. While I know this is something the purists will probably gnash their teeth at I just think it may be something to consider to help those out who are getting started, or like i said want a more tame experience. Admitatedly for me, as much as I hate being spawn camped (that should be adressed too) and spending hour getting killed by silly shit is frustrating, the suspense of getting killed by other players or whatever it may be, adds to the game. Just a thought, I'm more than sure such servers would be used.

I'd say with opening up the game to have more interiors make finding basic supplies for survival a lot less of a chore (though admitatedly it's not much of one as it is), as well as weapons, so I don't have much to say on that.

I'm not going to hold my breath on this, but perhaps the ability to ahve some form of choice on the area you spawn in would be nice, especially for the sake of trying to group up with friends and the like.

I have some others ideas

Some basic suggestions from me, My apologies if someone has thought of it before, but then again it would only add to the resolve of implementing it. Maybe.

First of all, in light of people who may me brand new to Arma or are just wanting a more relaxed challenge the implementation of PVP Servers. Perhaps to prevent against thigns like exploiting the loot system by server hopping there may be rules in place where you have a character you would use on PVE servers, and one you'd use on PVP Servers? I'm sure there are methods in development to prevent against loot exploitation. While I know this is something the purists will probably gnash their teeth at I just think it may be something to consider to help those out who are getting started, or like i said want a more tame experience. Admitatedly for me, as much as I hate being spawn camped (that should be adressed too) and spending hour getting killed by silly shit is frustrating, the suspense of getting killed by other players or whatever it may be, adds to the game. Just a thought, I'm more than sure such servers would be used.

I'd say with opening up the game to have more interiors make finding basic supplies for survival a lot less of a chore (though admitatedly it's not much of one as it is), as well as weapons, so I don't have much to say on that.

I'm not going to hold my breath on this, but perhaps the ability to ahve some form of choice on the area you spawn in would be nice, especially for the sake of trying to group up with friends and the like.

Remove zomies abilities to climb up ladders, if realism is the idea that should be taken out of the picture completely. That being perhaps zombies will crowd whatever building you are on top of making it difficult to get back down...unless of course you take them out. Also doors...they shouldn't be able to immedately teleport through them/open them up. Perhaps a way to bar them would be nice, and if that's not the case perhaps it would take them a moment or two to break them down. I realize this is probably more of an Arma issue than it is a DayZ one.

Remove zomies abilities to climb up ladders, if realism is the idea that should be taken out of the picture completely. That being perhaps zombies will crowd whatever building you are on top of making it difficult to get back down...unless of course you take them out. Also doors...they shouldn't be able to immedately teleport through them/open them up. Perhaps a way to bar them would be nice, and if that's not the case perhaps it would take them a moment or two to break them down. I realize this is probably more of an Arma issue than it is a DayZ one.

I think we can all agree that it's imposable to clear out a town. That's because the zombies just keep on spawning and spawning. I know it has been suggested about zombies not spawning so close to players but I think that zombies should have a very far spawn radios. This would make it possible to turn small towns into safe areas. This wouldn't apply to places like Cherno and Electro though, they're too big and common.

Also, I think the map should be extended (I know this is already being done) so that in gets colder and colder the further inland you go, and eventually you get to places where it snows instead of rains and the ground has lots of snow. Making heatpacks a much more required item for survival.

Also, vehicles should be 4 times as common, it doesn't make sense that pretty much every vehicle in Cherno is blown up. My turn to use a Walking Dead reference. In the series you'll see that some vehicles are blown up and crashed and all that, I'm not say that every vehicle should work but that it would be more realistic if there were more working vehicles. To counteract this, vehicle loot (Fuel cans, Tires, Scrap metal etc.) should be much more rare. I mean, think about it. The only way zombie could make this much destruction is if they all had RPGs.

gravatrax, I wouldn't mind some form of singleplayer/private hosted game, like alot of games do now you host them on your own computer and yes zombies shouldn't be able to climb ladders, also running through doors, maybe they could bash them open if they know a player is inside? I'm not sure about choosing your own spawn but maybe more random so say you could spawn somehwere inland on the outskirts of towns etc.

The Khan, agreeing with you on the zombie spawns, once you clear a town no more zeds should spawn aslong as you stay with the town's 'boundaries', also something that's been mentioned quite a few times is a few zombies that spawn in forests and inside of buildings. Maybe they could combine all maps into one big world? idk how big of a job that'd be though, pretty big I imagine. Also agreeing with you on the vehicles, but then you'd get alot of players just driving around, also fixing vehicles, you should be able to take parts from one vehicle of the same kind and use them on another and the fuel consumption is terrible, it needs to be a bit longer me thinks before you run out.

i like the time of day locked to the server's own time, but how about seaonal changing as well?

servers can be set so they get colder in the winter, maybe snow, leaves gone from trees. summer has longer days and warmer. staying warm would have a real effect .

• Like 1

okay... loving this post already... (second day of trawling through the responses and only @ page 12)... had my beans v early on... nice to see the recognition it got from rocket :)

if you dont mind i'd like to steal that GUI image to have a bit of a play with it to see if i can make it seem a tad less cluttered/confusing (buttons everywhere etc... do like it but think with some minor refinement it would be very natural to use and easy to get your head around). OP please PM me if you would like to discuss what I mean/my plans with what I look at as YOUR idea.

here is a link to my response to something that caught my eye wrt class system... post was http://dayzmod.com/f......s-teamwork/ if anyone wants to check it out.

i'll warn in advance its a bit of a wall of text (hence the button)

please excuse the wall of text... a lot of comments etc being consolodated and hopefully i can make more people think this is a v good idea

some brilliant ideas there...

a touch of expansion would imo make this an extremely valid idea... (possibly a nightmare to code but i'll say it anyways)

would just like to add before you misunderstand where i'm coming from... I do have a certain degree of military experience

at present you strat with 32 slots of some description plus your backpack and weapon slots... i believe reducing this would make initial play more challenging without making it too difficult (bear with me on this)

starting without the backpack isn't too much of an unbelievable option... i would however make smaller backpacks a more abundant drop (i think most of us would agree to having at least 1 small backpack somewhere in their house)

1) with the knife pack (as suggested in the OP)... I think it is a fair argument that when you find the knife, it would fit on your belt without taking a "pack slot" and also includes a bonus slot for matches/firestarter (as described earlier in the post)

2)the map should have its own slot (similar to the optics slot)... at the end of the day its a piece of paper... would take up minimal space

3)the watch would have its own slot (on your wrist)... i know this wasn't mentioned but added it anyway :)

4)possibility of 2 differenet compasses... one that takes a slot and one that could go around your neck (think military compass vs silva... could have some kind of benefit to the one that takes a slot)

5)with the medical pack... you could have it inclue a bonus to healing ability... would have f/e 3 slots that you could put anything in (its a pouch at the end of the day)... would mean it still increases your space but not as much as a general pack.

6)you could also include an item (such as a PLCE belt) which would increase your pouch capacity by 1 (rare drop but nice for the lone wolves)

7)an option of finding a V V rare MOLLE equivalent of all backpacks that would further increase your pouch capacity by 1 (google it if you dont know what i mean)

8)hatchet carrier could also be a free slot (allowing survival players still free to have a "class" selection) possibly having 2 diffrent sizes of hatchet/axe... small one that takes free slot but no option as weapon (a hatchet can be anything from 8" to 24") and a larger one that can be used as a weapon but takes a slot

9)a magazine pouch (at least the ones i have on my webbing have 2 pouches holding 3 rifle magazines each... you could probably fit a couple of tins of beans in each pouch again... non specific capacity but could have improved reload speed with a magazine pouch

10)inclusion of a holster is a nice idea... opens up the option of carrying multiple sidearms (not unrealistic)... save your SD ammo for when stealth is important and your .45 for emergencies

11)the quiver is also a very nice idea... definately should only hold bolts/arrows though... a typical quiver is normally either a narrow tube or thin pouch shape and would be inplausable for holding anything that isn't long and thin (like an arrow)

also... adding the option of a certain degree of stacking (e.g. bandages) and charges (e.g. painkillers/antibiotics) means that although you have reduced inventory capacity you have also reduced (to a degree) the required capacity to be able to survive on your own

think I pretty much covered all the things i thought of while reading... will keep thinking about this :)

sorry about the wall of text

the TLDR version is customisable toolbelt "pouches" that have specific benefits... eg medic pouch that (as i added to someone elses suggestion) would incur a bonus to bandaging time for bandages used from said pouch...general pouches for carrying extra kit but no bonuses etc etc.

limit the number of pouches you can equip and it promotes team play but dont limit it to the detriment of solo players (can manage okay with certain pouches but struggle on benefits)

i think this would be easy enough to implement in the inventory GUI in the example... e.g. red cross background on your medic pouch in the GUI etc.

as an addition... i think the zombie horde spawn should be restricted to major population centers (cities) but the possibility of small groups (or solo) in the woods a more-than-viable option (camping trip gone v wrong etc)

thanks for reading :)

<edit> just had another idea while continuing to read... like the idea of an eve style single server big world concept... to facilitate this (leaving the option for expansions etc) you could have a barricaded road leading off the side of the map that has plenty of zombies one side and some kind of military presence on the off map side... if you silly enough to approach the barrier you get a warning from the military before being shot (as you get "too close"... as far as they're concerned you are probably infected)... when the map/game gets expanded you can include the (now destroyed) barricade in the map with several corpses around... as if the whole world is gradually being overrun.

<edit> as I am in no way a graphic designer I have also borrowed the HUD image that someone added... slightly modified that too (moved some bits around)... again... hope you dont mind... it just helps put the inventory thing into context (and I like a lot of what you did)

Edited by Dalfryth

I've got a pretty good list of stuff that could be added, don't know if this has been done but it's from the Consolidated Weapon/Item Requests for Standalone page.

• Pipe - Generally found on factory floors (pretty good, pretty common).Tow Rope / Chain - Used for towing stranded vehicles, say you have a pick-up truck but your buddies GAZ has a flat tire, and no replacement.Blowtorch - Used for any sort of future vehicle-modification, doubles as a fire starter, or impromptu weapon. X amount of uses until propane emptiesLantern - Used for providing adequate lighting inside a camp, or for general purpose lighting. Use with caution. Uses propane (see below), requires a blowtorch / box of matches to ignite.
  • Propane Tank / Bottle - Provides a means to refill fuel for the Lantern and Blowtorch, and any other LP-powered item.
  • Camping Stove - Used as a alternative means of cooking, when fire wood is unavailable. Uses Propane as fuel, provides minimal heat, and light.
  • Multi-Tool - Your generic Swiss Army Knife, can replace / reduce redundant tools.
  • Flint & Steel - Alternative to a Box of Matches, has a small chance of failing to start a fire, but is weather-proof.
  • Fishing Rod - Self-explanatory, requires fishing tackle.
  • Fishing Tackle - Used to bait the hooks of the fishing rod.
  • Head Lamp - Works as a normal flashlight but not attached to your gun and not affected by running as it normally is.
  • MRE's - A self-contained meal that restores a great portion of Health / Hunger. Requires water source to activate heating element.Improvised Melee Weapons.
  • Modifications for Vehicles - Rotating Spotlight to go on the passenger side, trailers, fortifications (Making the hull stronger), Bulletproof glass (Extremely Rare) etc.
  • Weapon Mods - Different scopes, silencers, and other stuff.
  • CS gas or Flashbangs - Not as common loot you find all the time, but some less than lethal options to flush out campers or attack a player base would be nice, and I think these things are common enough at a police station armory to be feasible.
  • Household chemicals - like bleach, that can be thrown at players or zombies, that may blind them temporarily. Should be used when you need to blind a player / zombie who will then stumble around and attract zombies to them rather than you.
  • Poison/Drugs - Being able to poison/drug food to incapacitate players. If you contact someone and pose as friendly, you can give them your drugged food they eat it and pass out and then you can take all their supplies or use them as zombie bait
  • Megaphones - that can make you heard from further away rather than the normal chatting distance.
  • Fireworks - Can be used to distract players / zombies. Or brief illumination at night.
  • Rain gear/poncho - Pros: less heat loss in rain. Cons: makes slightly more noise when moving.
  • Barometer/digital weather computer - This allows you to read: wind speed, direction, air pressure, humidity. The usefulness of this item requires that standalone DayZ has a real weather simulation system, and real windage. This item can be used to predict weather according to real-life meteorology, and assessing windage for sniping.
  • Lighters - Can replace matches, or make matches only work a few times (Thus using them all up) whereas lighters can be refueled after multiple uses.
  • Hammocks - Hammocks could be used to store weapons and items up in the trees.
  • Tomahawks/Throwing knives - Hell, even normal kitchen knives that can be found in industrial and apartment buildings. We need more "to-hand" throwing weapons. Anyone without a firearm will be quick to grab a couple of knives if a real zombie apocalypse kicked off.
  • Molotov cocktails/Firebombs - Fits with the "to-hand" throwing weapons, and they're easy to make in real life, too. Fuel (from a can or straight from a petrol station), Bandage (For a fuse), Bottle (To put the fuel in), Match (To light it when you're ready).
  • Fire Extinguisher - Could add a whole new element if you started something like randomly generated forest fires, or fires in towns/buildings.
  • Multitools - Can openers, knife, lock pick, and weapon repair but not firewood
  • Water filter - To get water from more sources
  • Walkie talkies - no side chat but short distance civilian style walkie talkies with 32 open channels and a scan feature. Can set a channel to keep in touch with a short range group or scan the airwaves and listen in. It may need to make a noise and a have a small LED flash when changing channels.
  • Flags / banners - So they can captured! also so clans can claim airfields and such.
  • Sunglasses - A few basic styles and some regular glasses too, purely a visual thing.
  • Kevlar Vest - Maybe a police station special, can only reduce small arms fire.
  • Ham Radio Stations - Essentially a long range stationary walkie talkie, manly inside bases, needs power from a generator.
  • Camo Netting - I think this one's most likely been suggested before but it'd be good to hide vehicles and tents etc.
  • Rifle Sling - Would be a great variant for random weapons. Allows you to carry 2 primary weapons (one slung on your back) This would also add more realism as it's difficult to fit a rifle in a backpack in real life.
  • Wire Cutters - Can cut through chain-link fence, barbed wire, etc.
  • Pieces of map - Rip the map up in 6 or 8 pieces. This would make looting alot more fun.

There were and are a lot more but I was running out of time. :P

• Like 3

I would like to see the Realistic Voice chat system, from this thread:

Click me!

And leaving footsteps, and trails system from this thread:

Click me!

Short summary of 2 threads.

1 - Realistic voice chat. Voice chat is absolutely similiar to how ppl speak IRL. You shout, you can be heard through 1 kilometr, you whisper, you can be heard in 5 metres.

Ex: You and your friend spotted a bandit, and he is 20 metres away. You need to react fast, so you will use Voice chat.

1. Whisper to teammate: Stop there is a bandit.

2. Then talk with normal volume with bandit, and between this, whisper with teammate.

So it will be absoultuely same as in real life. (Speak louder, more ppl here, Whisper - only few can hear)

Zombies hear you aswell, and weather (rain) affects the distance also.

If you need help very fast, you can start shoutig very loudly: Help, my leg is broken, i am bleeding.

Players will hear you, and most likely will come to save you. (WIth the Realistic voice chat system, they can hear from which place you shout, so they can find you by voice) But beware, zombies also hear you, so they can come to you, befor other player comes.1

Summary of second thread:

Every creature in the world leave trails or footsteps, that will last for 10-30 minutes.

You are bleeding, you leave blood trails behind, so other players, or zombie can follow them, to find you.

You are hunting, and you see a deer footstep. You start tracking dear, bu it's footsteps.

You stepped in dirt, or blood, and for 1 minute you will leave dirt/blood footsteps.

You walk in forest/sand/snow areas, and you leave footsteps aswell.

Zombies and animals leave trails and footsteps aswell.

Edited by trexeth
  • Like 1

I very much like The Khan's suggestions :)

Some I've thought of are...

• New item suggestion...

boltcutter.jpg

This would be used to open high value buildings that are locked with padlocks/chains etc. You could shoot out the lock but that will attract zombies and players.

• More wild animals e.g. Deer,Bears,ducks and most importantly rats.(all food sources)
  • I think the maps needs small natural caves out in the wilderness,You could kill a bear/family of bears and use it as a shelter
  • Spare wheels on UAZ & URAL for example should be able to be removed and used rather than just a visable but non usable item.
  • Dean 'Rocket' Hall has already mentioned about weapon durability but I think you should have to clean and maintain your weapons to extend their life/reliability or you will get jams that need to be cleared before you can fire again.
  • Your torch should require the batteries to be replaced over time.

This is just a suggestion for more Player interactions...

• Players should be able to wear both a vest pouch and a back pack if they wish.
  • Players should be able to climb onto small roof's such as sheds to avoid zombies.
  • Players should be able to climb over wire fences and walls.
  • Players could potentially open windows and climb out if on the ground floor?

Edited by FizzyT

I don't know if somebody already suggested it. But I think it would be very cool if you scare up birds when you fire a weapon in a forest.

1280x.jpg

Is it possible to make thumbnails?

• Like 2

I think it would be pretty cool if they added rotting food and salt water. Like you could boil the salt out of salt water and drink it, and use the salt on your meat to make it stay fresh longer. Salt could also be found in supermarkets and houses

Something should be done about this game being too much like counter-strike and the like. Right now it does not seem realistic to me. I know humans can be real bastards, but in every human (except for psycos etc) there is a place in our brains dedicated to what is called empathy. You wouldn't go around killing everyone on sight just for fun, just because there are no consecuences (like going to jail) anymore.

So first I thought that there should be more things for which we need to work in teams. Blood transfusions are not enough, and do not really solve the problem: you are still being a selfish bastard, all you want is to get a blood transufusion; you could even kill the guy after he has helped you out. Another thing could be sharing information, like "where are you going? I'm going to Cherno. Omg zombies took cherno too? Dang, the broadcast said they had shelter, food, and the cure. Where to then?"

Then I thought of another possibility. It would be better if the "humanity" attribute or something played a more important role. Right now it only magically changes your clothes (which is part realistic because you could probably "smell" bandits in real life, and part bullshit because sometimes you become a bandit only for defending yourself). So my suggestion is to add another status, like blood/thirst/hunger: Heart. (I'm sure you can come up with a better name). Its function would be to make you go crazy or weak if you spend too much time alone, or if you kill people that didn't shoot at you, etc, UNLESS your character is a psyco (which would be determined randomly on character creation). Or it could give you some perks if you are social, like a bonus in happyness which makes you healthier or something.

This is not ment to force players into a particular role (which could also be interesting, I don't know), but to limit the trolling. Again, the current state of the game is not very realistic in this matter, that's not how real people would behave. Most of us would actually be happy about finding other humans alive. Killing others to take advantage (let alone for fun) is not how the human species managed to win the evolutionary race. We are social animals, it's in our genes.

If you don't like this suggestion at least try to think an alternative. We should be able to make friends ingame, as opposed to forming a clan in a forum, then join the server, then commit suicide until everyone spawns in the same place, and then go to hunt humans (or "players", that's how trolls call them).

TL;DR: Make it possible to make friends ingame, killing other players shouldn't be the rule. I don't want it to be a "counter-strike with zombies".

Edited by shanewalsh
  • Like 1

Here is my list of stuff I'd like to add:

- 10 to 25% of the houses can only be opened/closed with the matching key. The keys are carried around by the zombie that used to live there, found randomly on the map because they wander around. The house is a safe haven and can only be opened with the matching key. Inside the house there can be room for 250 loot and when not used for 14 dayz the door opens for 7 dayz and then resets completely. Keys get attached to a keychain and like anything else can be transferred to players/lootpile/cars/tents. By doing this you give players a reason to actually hunt zombies instead of avoiding most of them. It also gives players a reason to hunt other players for the keys or setup a trade. It also makes the game more realistic and gives another layer to the end game.

- Power generators running on fuel so you can light up your house. Powergenerators could be loot like exisiting engineparts and be used on houses.

- 10 tot 25% of the vehicles also have keys, or only some special ones need a key. Same conditions as with houses. Destroying a car you can't get into has no use because you don't know if someone has found the key already. This makes people go looking for keys and vehicles all over the map and it's a nice "quest" to have.

- Arms dealer or marketplace where you can sell your weapons, gadgets, keys or trade them.

- Tents should have a shorter drawing distance than trees have. Because trees are transparant at a distance, the tents are way to easy to find.

- Forests should be covered in leafs from up above so camp/vehicle hunting with helicopters becomes a lot harder. Not one forest on earth is transparant from up above and right now the forest serves little to no purpose in hiding tents.

- No off-map. Make it normal map, or make it impossible to get there at all. I've been on servers where all the vehicles were taken by clans to the furthest point on the map and no-one without a vehicle could get em. It sucks.

- Improve zombie A.I. and fix the aggro pulling. Make clothing have effect on aggro. Running/crouching in a ghillie suit at dusk in the forest should nog aggro as many zombies as it should when you're running past them in normal clothing in daylight.And fix it so they don't randomly aggro when you're running 200m behind one. Field of view is field of view and since zombies have dried out eyes they sure as hell don't have eyes int he back of their head.

- Make zombies slower but more dangerous. Right now the only way to shoot them is inside. Outside they move all over the place which makes it impossible to aim right. The better option now is to flee into bushes and that's not right or as much fun as it could be.

- The ability to build walls/trenches/caves/anything so you have an impact on the map and maybe make a suitable place for a base where one wasn't before. Camo nets could also be an option.

Here is my list of stuff I'd like to add:

- 10 to 25% of the houses can only be opened/closed with the matching key. The keys are carried around by the zombie that used to live there, found randomly on the map because they wander around. The house is a safe haven and can only be opened with the matching key. Inside the house there can be room for 250 loot and when not used for 14 dayz the door opens for 7 dayz and then resets completely. Keys get attached to a keychain and like anything else can be transferred to players/lootpile/cars/tents. By doing this you give players a reason to actually hunt zombies instead of avoiding most of them. It also gives players a reason to hunt other players for the keys or setup a trade. It also makes the game more realistic and gives another layer to the end game.

- Power generators running on fuel so you can light up your house. Powergenerators could be loot like exisiting engineparts and be used on houses.

- 10 tot 25% of the vehicles also have keys, or only some special ones need a key. Same conditions as with houses. Destroying a car you can't get into has no use because you don't know if someone has found the key already. This makes people go looking for keys and vehicles all over the map and it's a nice "quest" to have.

- Arms dealer or marketplace where you can sell your weapons, gadgets, keys or trade them.

- Tents should have a shorter drawing distance than trees have. Because trees are transparant at a distance, the tents are way to easy to find.

- Forests should be covered in leafs from up above so camp/vehicle hunting with helicopters becomes a lot harder. Not one forest on earth is transparant from up above and right now the forest serves little to no purpose in hiding tents.

- No off-map. Make it normal map, or make it impossible to get there at all. I've been on servers where all the vehicles were taken by clans to the furthest point on the map and no-one without a vehicle could get em. It sucks.

- Improve zombie A.I. and fix the aggro pulling. Make clothing have effect on aggro. Running/crouching in a ghillie suit at dusk in the forest should nog aggro as many zombies as it should when you're running past them in normal clothing in daylight.And fix it so they don't randomly aggro when you're running 200m behind one. Field of view is field of view and since zombies have dried out eyes they sure as hell don't have eyes int he back of their head.

- Make zombies slower but more dangerous. Right now the only way to shoot them is inside. Outside they move all over the place which makes it impossible to aim right. The better option now is to flee into bushes and that's not right or as much fun as it could be.

- The ability to build walls/trenches/caves/anything so you have an impact on the map and maybe make a suitable place for a base where one wasn't before. Camo nets could also be an option.

- Make the map as big as it can get with more variation in villages/towns and the sizes and loot of those.