ruarz

Suggestions for the DayZ standalone - thinking outside of the limitations of an Arma 2 mod.

I was thinking about more Civillian vehicles. Just cars and Jeeps to be honest. Would be awesome. Oh, and maybe an American base with something like a Humvee? Would be nice to get hands on one of them!

Hi all.

In this three months of playing Dayz, I've created my own idea of how the game should be. Anyone that played enough, knows that unfortunately, the pure aspects of survival are a little put away, because the 90% of times, a player dies by another player's hands. Most players kill on sight.

My suggestion is:

- in bigger cities, in random time intervals, must be dropped a military squad (AI controlled) with the purpose of restabilish order and law, clearing the city by zeds and snipers. They will shoot at bandits and let survivors enter in the safe zone of the city. To do so, the number of zombies spawned must be doubled and made as continuos flow, so that after a while all soldiers die (running out of ammo), but survivors can help to make this delayed as more as possible

- who choose to be a bandit, has to deal with his responsibilities: they cannot enjoy the free access in the city, but they can risk entering safe zone, being a bandit to the bone :) (have the balls?)

- in game there are too few usable vehicles (not so realistic). More vehicles=more fun=more map exploring.

- bandits must have a price put on their head.

It may appear that in this situation, bandits are being disadvantaged, but in my opinion, this isn't true. In this way, being a bandit has more sense and it's more fun, on the other hand, being a simple survivor is more similar to reality.

In my opinion, this are more balanced in this way, and it can be made easily. What do you think about it?

Obviously you do have some points, and although I do like A.I. controlled soldiers personally, and I can understand where you are coming from, but realistically, soldiers may/or may not shoot you on sight whether bandit or not to stop the risk or spreading infection and how would they know that you were a bandit? Secondly a safe zone is ridiculous unless it is built by you or your friends (or a clan base).

So adding in A.I. controlled soldiers are a big risk, sorry, but the majority of people prefer no A.I.s since they are so predictable.

remove the center dot of the crosshair/aim reticle. makes shooting "from hip" just as accurate if not more than looking down sights

Edited by RyanK

I think there should be more types of zombies and some zombies should be modified.

There should be fast zombies who are much more faster and more agile than other zombies and are about twice as fast as the player but they have only 1500 health (as apposed to 4500 for normal zombies) making them a one shot kill from any weapon other than sidearms and SMG’s (which take 2 shots). They should appear very scrawny, bony and lightly clothed with there clothes being torn and tattered and they should also be wearing old running shoes.

There should also be child zombies who usually spawn in 1 of every 5 groups of zombies. They should run slightly faster than other zombies and they will bite your legs breaking them 30% of the time. After being bitten you should be at high risk of infection (even after bandaging your wounds). These child zombies should have around 1300 health making it a one shot kill from all weapons (besides 9mm weapons and SMG’s taking two shots to kill with). They should appear just like normal zombies but smaller wearing smaller clothes (obviously).

Military zombies should be improved so they sometimes spawn with a bulletproof vest on and should take 2-3 more body shots to kill. Some of the military zombies should also spawn with helmets on saving them from most low caliber weapons making it so you have to shoot them twice in the head unless you shoot them directly in face (where there not protected by the helmet).

So if this has been said before sorry, I just can't be bothered scrolling through 31 pages of text to see if someone else has suggested the same thing.

Edited by Sean630

I also think more soda's and foods should be added.

Some new soda's being fanta, solo, sprite, 7-up, lemonade, passiona and sunkist etc.

Some new foods being tuna, soup, salted meat, spam (should make your weapons more spammy lol jk) and ckick pees etc.

I aslo think that dew (lol) to the rarity of Mountain Dew drinking Mountain Dew should make you run slightly faster and also grant the ability to run up steep hills and mountains.

Edited by Sean630

I was thinking that if we can build stuff and tow cars, wouldn't it be incredibly useful to be able to tow off a car wreck, strip it off anything useful and to then smelt it for metal to make tools/weapons or use it to reinforce other vehicles.

It would be cool to be able to find a pen and paper and leave notes for other survivors or after robbing a sniper leave him a note in his backpack =P

The dev's'd save a lot of heartache if they just incorporated @ACE for more realism. Plus a damage mod like @SLX. at least make these mods compatible with DayZ. I totally agree on the zombie behavior. Add to that giving them the ability to grab/grapple on you or tackle.

Infection suggestion - if you get bitten, you turn into a zombie overtime unless you find THE CURE. You will get the indication if you're nearing your transformation like losing motor control and having an irresistible urge to bite fellow players. :P

The dev's'd save a lot of heartache if they just incorporated @ACE for more realism. Plus a damage mod like @SLX. at least make these mods compatible with DayZ. I totally agree on the zombie behavior. Add to that giving them the ability to grab/grapple on you or tackle.

Infection suggestion - if you get bitten, you turn into a zombie overtime unless you find THE CURE. You will get the indication if you're nearing your transformation like losing motor control and having an irresistible urge to bite fellow players. :P

I'm sorry, but this to me just sounds stupid.

1. if there was a cure, there would not be infected people

2. it would be too hard to incorporate

3. one bite and your a zombie because you don't have cure, do you know how much that would fucking suck?

4. the game is about survivors, not playing as infected. Cause there are people who would like to play as zombies. If you want those games, play left 4 dead or something.

It would be cool to be able to find a pen and paper and leave notes for other survivors or after robbing a sniper leave him a note in his backpack =P

Btw, you do know that this has already been suggested?

I think there should be more types of zombies and some zombies should be modified.

There should be fast zombies who are much more faster and more agile than other zombies and are about twice as fast as the player but they have only 1500 health (as apposed to 4500 for normal zombies) making them a one shot kill from any weapon other than sidearms and SMG’s (which take 2 shots). They should appear very scrawny, bony and lightly clothed with there clothes being torn and tattered and they should also be wearing old running shoes.

There should also be child zombies who usually spawn in 1 of every 5 groups of zombies. They should run slightly faster than other zombies and they will bite your legs breaking them 30% of the time. After being bitten you should be at high risk of infection (even after bandaging your wounds). These child zombies should have around 1300 health making it a one shot kill from all weapons (besides 9mm weapons and SMG’s taking two shots to kill with). They should appear just like normal zombies but smaller wearing smaller clothes (obviously).

Military zombies should be improved so they sometimes spawn with a bulletproof vest on and should take 2-3 more body shots to kill. Some of the military zombies should also spawn with helmets on saving them from most low caliber weapons making it so you have to shoot them twice in the head unless you shoot them directly in face (where there not protected by the helmet).

This has already been suggested as well, by me and many others, although you should leave the specific health to rocket to choose, and please read this before posting (its in the http://dayzmod.com/f...before-posting/)

Edited by Bombolz

I said

I'm sorry, but this to me just sounds stupid.

1. if there was a cure, there would not be infected people

2. it would be too hard to incorporate

3. one bite and your a zombie because you don't have cure, do you know how much that would fucking suck?

4. the game is about survivors, not playing as infected. Cause there are people who would like to play as zombies. If you want those games, play left 4 dead or something.

Btw, you do know that this has already been suggested?

This has already been suggested as well, by me and many others, although you should leave the specific health to rocket to choose, and please read this before posting (its in the http://dayzmod.com/f...before-posting/)

I said, 'overtime'.. meaning you don't turn into a zombie immediately. Infection could take place as a random proc. And of course, the cure is not meant to be readily available and should be extremely rare. You have gestation period for the infection. And I didn't suggest that the end result of the infection still grants you control. You lose control and you are essentially dead. You'll only be able to spectate for a short while.

Edited by asin

1. Ammo and magazines as separate items.

2. Ability to fire your weapon even if you don't have any magazines or loaded magazines. You would do this by loading a round through the ejection port and firing your weapon, and repeating it.

3. Ability to perform a combat reload that is faster than a regular one. A combat reload is one where you let the magazine drop to the ground while retrieving a new one. Useful for CQC. You'd have to retrieve the magazines from the floor after you are done. I see combat reload/regular reload being toggled like semi/burst/auto fire with regular reload being the default. For this you will need a hud indicator as to what is selected.

4. Ability to cook your own homemade explosives and make different explosive devices out of them. Like a simple pipe bomb or a huge IED from an oil barrel filled with HME. I don't know how detailed the procedures should be, but I would make it so that you must just add all required ingredients at a 1:1 ratio into a big pot and cook them on a fire. Sugar, aluminium powder, fertilizer, different acids, diesel, etc.

5. Remote detonated and victim activated explosive devices.

6. Car bombs. Fill the trunk with a huge load of explosives or hide smaller devices in the cabin and make them go off remotely or when someone opens the door or turns on the engine. You could examine the vehicle for an IED and attept to disarm it, and while a large device may be obvious, smaller ones might be missed. Chance of failure at disarming it and setting it off instead.

7. Ability to turn old tank, arty, mortar shells and airplane bombs into IEDs or retrieve the explosives for homemade grenades and other stuff.

8. Pull a tripwire across a doorway or between trees that when triggered would drop one or several live grenades at your feet. Basically all kinds of boobytraps, explosive and non explosive.

9. Ability to make thermite.

10. Ability to lock and barr doors.

11. Ability to burn (thermite) through the locks of said doors or blast through them (improvised breaching charges).

12. Rare spawns of proximity mines like claymores or the russian equivalents. When approached from behind you can easily disable them and take them for yourself.

13. Scooba gear.

14. Ability to make floating bases from fishing trawlers, tankers or big ships that hav run onto the rocks or are anchored near the coast. I'm not sure how these would actually work but to infiltrate them scooba gear would be essential.

15. Ability to make floating bases out of pontoons, barrels, anything that will float and put them on lakes, bays, wherever is suitable.

16. If in a snow environment then skis and human pulled sleds for the wounded/captives/gear/fun. Also snowshoes would be useful.

17. Ability to remove any article of clothing (underwear and bras excempt for rating purposes). Only that not wearing shoes or going through the brush without clothes would be detrimental to your healt. Also, hypothermia. If a group of people wanted to go about shirtless then they should be able to do it.

18. Clothes and shoes that degrade. Shoes would get worse and worse (problems with you feet and probably a slower running speed) and clothes would get tattered.

19. Body armor, both military and civilian grade. Helmets and vests. Also ceramic ESAPI/SAPI inserts for military bodyarmor. Those would protect you from even rifle rounds. Effectiveness of bodyarmor would depend on round fired, weapon used, range and possibly condition of weapon and rounds that are used. It shouldn't be that body armor absorbs a percentage of the damage. If you get hit in your armor plate with a caliber that it is immune to, then nothing happens, too many hits and it gets compromised, then you start taking damage. Body armor would make you slower.

20. Ability to climb trees and hide stuff in them. You should be able to see that somethign is hidden in a tree if you look for it, the tree shouldn't be just a supid container.

21. Ropes with hooks and rope ladders to make additional escape routes or to better infiltrate/assault an enemy building.

22. Ability to salvge weapon parts from destroyed military vehicles. After going through enough HMMWV's you might end up with a working, shitty, fire compromised, prone to failure .50 cal machinegun.

23. Every destroyed vehicle with wheels/tracks you should be able to tow (if you have a powerful enough towing vehicle, then even without wheels). This wouldn't be necessarily for repairing them, but even to create a static barrier for your base. It would be nice to pull a BMP-1 and create a wall.

24. Right now ligting is very bad. If the sun is in your view then everything looks nice, but if the sun goes out of your view (behind a tree, whatever) then everything gets dark, even parts of the tarrain that should be illuminated by the sun (like a field next to the forest). I have messed with lighting settings in the game, but I can't fix it and its is very very annoying.

There should be a reward for not shooting fellow humans. One that would compell hopefully people to not become bandits and shoot on site. Every server I join, I try to start a taxi/bus/heli/medical transport service. The only thin I ever ask is for protection when picking up riders or getting gas and parts. I have been shot so many times for what I do it is sad and almost makes me stop playing, As DayZ stands so far, it is more like a survival Call of Duty than anything else. Frankly, with the fact that people in this game seem to prefer to shoot each other rather than stick together to survive the elements and zombies, indicates to me that many people have serious mental and social issues and should not be playing these games. Heck they should never be allowed near a weapon of any sort. If they prefer to shoot a declared, unarmed or lightly armed medic who is going to or already has bandaged them or provided blood packs and morphine to them...... I fear for the human race.

• Like 2

1. Ammo and magazines as separate items.

2. Ability to fire your weapon even if you don't have any magazines or loaded magazines. You would do this by loading a round through the ejection port and firing your weapon, and repeating it.

3. Ability to perform a combat reload that is faster than a regular one. A combat reload is one where you let the magazine drop to the ground while retrieving a new one. Useful for CQC. You'd have to retrieve the magazines from the floor after you are done. I see combat reload/regular reload being toggled like semi/burst/auto fire with regular reload being the default. For this you will need a hud indicator as to what is selected.

4. Ability to cook your own homemade explosives and make different explosive devices out of them. Like a simple pipe bomb or a huge IED from an oil barrel filled with HME. I don't know how detailed the procedures should be, but I would make it so that you must just add all required ingredients at a 1:1 ratio into a big pot and cook them on a fire. Sugar, aluminium powder, fertilizer, different acids, diesel, etc.

6. Car bombs. Fill the trunk with a huge load of explosives or hide smaller devices in the cabin and make them go off remotely or when someone opens the door or turns on the engine. You could examine the vehicle for an IED and attept to disarm it, and while a large device may be obvious, smaller ones might be missed. Chance of failure at disarming it and setting it off instead.

7. Ability to turn old tank, arty, mortar shells and airplane bombs into IEDs or retrieve the explosives for homemade grenades and other stuff.

8. Pull a tripwire across a doorway or between trees that when triggered would drop one or several live grenades at your feet. Basically all kinds of boobytraps, explosive and non explosive.

9. Ability to make thermite.

10. Ability to lock and barr doors.

11. Ability to burn (thermite) through the locks of said doors or blast through them (improvised breaching charges).

12. Rare spawns of proximity mines like claymores or the russian equivalents. When approached from behind you can easily disable them and take them for yourself.

13. Scooba gear.

14. Ability to make floating bases from fishing trawlers, tankers or big ships that hav run onto the rocks or are anchored near the coast. I'm not sure how these would actually work but to infiltrate them scooba gear would be essential.

15. Ability to make floating bases out of pontoons, barrels, anything that will float and put them on lakes, bays, wherever is suitable.

16. If in a snow environment then skis and human pulled sleds for the wounded/captives/gear/fun. Also snowshoes would be useful.

17. Ability to remove any article of clothing (underwear and bras excempt for rating purposes). Only that not wearing shoes or going through the brush without clothes would be detrimental to your healt. Also, hypothermia. If a group of people wanted to go about shirtless then they should be able to do it.

18. Clothes and shoes that degrade. Shoes would get worse and worse (problems with you feet and probably a slower running speed) and clothes would get tattered.

19. Body armor, both military and civilian grade. Helmets and vests. Also ceramic ESAPI/SAPI inserts for military bodyarmor. Those would protect you from even rifle rounds. Effectiveness of bodyarmor would depend on round fired, weapon used, range and possibly condition of weapon and rounds that are used. It shouldn't be that body armor absorbs a percentage of the damage. If you get hit in your armor plate with a caliber that it is immune to, then nothing happens, too many hits and it gets compromised, then you start taking damage. Body armor would make you slower.

20. Ability to climb trees and hide stuff in them. You should be able to see that somethign is hidden in a tree if you look for it, the tree shouldn't be just a supid container.

21. Ropes with hooks and rope ladders to make additional escape routes or to better infiltrate/assault an enemy building.

22. Ability to salvge weapon parts from destroyed military vehicles. After going through enough HMMWV's you might end up with a working, shitty, fire compromised, prone to failure .50 cal machinegun.

23. Every destroyed vehicle with wheels/tracks you should be able to tow (if you have a powerful enough towing vehicle, then even without wheels). This wouldn't be necessarily for repairing them, but even to create a static barrier for your base. It would be nice to pull a BMP-1 and create a wall.

24. Right now ligting is very bad. If the sun is in your view then everything looks nice, but if the sun goes out of your view (behind a tree, whatever) then everything gets dark, even parts of the tarrain that should be illuminated by the sun (like a field next to the forest). I have messed with lighting settings in the game, but I can't fix it and its is very very annoying.

Half the stuff you mentioned seem more like something you should be suggesting in the Bohemia Interactive ArmA III forums. Half the stuff you have mentioned fit into a standard FPS and are not really meant for zombie survival, More like meant for killing more humans which is the opposite of the premise of Surviving the Zombie virus outbreak. While we are at it, why not add the Mosin Nagant to the civilian weapon list. I know it is a russian military rifle but it is primarily sold to civies these days and is still very previlent.

Edited by LinuxMaster9
  • Like 1

I said

I said, 'overtime'.. meaning you don't turn into a zombie immediately. Infection could take place as a random proc. And of course, the cure is not meant to be readily available and should be extremely rare. You have gestation period for the infection. And I didn't suggest that the end result of the infection still grants you control. You lose control and you are essentially dead. You'll only be able to spectate for a short while.

Even so, 1. if there was a cure = no zombie apocalypse (or infected people) and 2. and since cure is extremely rare, that would mean that 1 bite means your pretty much screwed, so I'm repeating, do you know how much that would fucking suck. I don't like this idea, even if you can't control being a zombie. just think of what happens after, players may mistake you for a actually player, since your still wearing gear, and not just that, I can think of many other problems that come with it. I'm sorry, but personally I really dislike that idea.

Hey Gieuos (guys) what about being able to make a base in the trees? Sorta like a tree house but anti-zombie or anti-bandits or something. Sorta like a hideout, like or not?

Half the stuff you mentioned seem more like something you should be suggesting in the Bohemia Interactive ArmA III forums. Half the stuff you have mentioned fit into a standard FPS and are not really meant for zombie survival, More like meant for killing more humans which is the opposite of the premise of Surviving the Zombie virus outbreak. While we are at it, why not add the Mosin Nagant to the civilian weapon list. I know it is a russian military rifle but it is primarily sold to civies these days and is still very previlent.

Care to point out the ones that do not fit within the scope of DayZ and why? Only ones I could pick out are 7 and 12. 7 because there likely won't be too much UXO around and 12 because it is just an item that can be used for griefing, but if it is a rare spawn, then I don't really see a problem. It'll blow up and then it'll be gone. Its not like barbed wire that just stays there.

Edited by KeelPool

ADDITION OF NON-LETHAL AMMO AND WEAPONS.

Examples: tasers, tranquilizer darts/guns, beanbag ammo for shotguns, blowguns.

PERSISTENT INDEFINITE DETENTION TOOLS

Examples: handcuffs, shackles and makeshift cages/jails

Definition: players can use detention tools to keep another player detained. Logging will not clear detention. Can only be cleared if detained player is rescued, killed or purposely set free. Ropes may loosen overtime.

Edited by asin

try 4, 5, and 6

and "half" is an expression of more than a 1 or 2. to better put it , more than a few of your suggestions are COD-esqe ideas. Last I checked especially #6, Zombies do not drive cars so having a car explode when you turn the key does not fit into a zombie apocolpyse survival mode. That is something more like a COD/BF3/ARMA 3 scenario.

Alright guys, this is my first post on the forum, and well, who knows what you'll think. Some people may think the suggestion is stupid, or a joke, but, I'm really serious about it. Really.

Honestly, in a game trying to put you through the trials of realism, having you eat and drink and such, you should have the other side of that coin, urination and defecation. Again, yes, it sounds ridiculous, and no, I'm not suggesting an all out animation for having a dude use the restroom, I'm just saying that all those beans and pepsi cans have to go somewhere. I mean, it could add a new layer of budgeting your time. Having to go when you think it is an appropriate time to go. And it could have negative side for not going, like being antsy if you really have to go, or making you a little sick, or if you can't hold it, you can't run as well, because, you know, it's in your pants. Or the zombies could sniff it, and have a new way to detect you. (Ok, that one was a joke). You could even go a step further by adding rotten food or something, which could make you sick like this. I mean, there are already other ways to get sick, so why not stomach problems? I dunno.

And yes, again, I'm being serious. I know it's hard to go about this subject without sounding silly, or trollish, but this is really my suggestion. It may be a burden, but hey, it's a burden in real life, and your playing a zombie simulator, so you're asking for the burden.

That's it I guess.

Edited by ReclaimedHavok
  • Like 1

Even so, 1. if there was a cure = no zombie apocalypse (or infected people) and 2. and since cure is extremely rare, that would mean that 1 bite means your pretty much screwed, so I'm repeating, do you know how much that would fucking suck. I don't like this idea, even if you can't control being a zombie. just think of what happens after, players may mistake you for a actually player, since your still wearing gear, and not just that, I can think of many other problems that come with it. I'm sorry, but personally I really dislike that idea.

It seems you already grasped how this idea gives tension and paranoia. I know it will suck but that's just it. It's meant to suck. Everyone will have to live with that fact. Do you know what a random proc is?

Thanks for disliking it. This idea'll definitely separate the whiners from the challenge-mongers.

Edited by asin

some of these may have been mentioned but heres a few i thought of:

-the ability to change weapons while running.

-different tent styles, not just the old tent (theres a round tent in arma already, why cant we have those too?)

-ablity to take parts from one vehicle to fix another

-empty mags remain in inventory, make loose ammo to refill magazines.

-"take all" button for picking up loot

-hats, pants, shirts, jackets, shoes, and maybe other accessories, all changeable or you can just wear underwear. will help differentiate between players and people will just be happier. different hairstyles for men and women too

-ability to climb ledges or over some chain-link fences (climb trees?) and climb into and out of windows

-able to post signs or just paint on side of buildings and billboards. to either warn people, trap them, or claim territory

-ability to hang people, or just tie them up and drag them from a car or horse. cages for prisoners?

-extend map beyond current borders (new towns? bigger mountains? a river?)

-if map is extended maybe add a cesna?

-passengers can shoot from vehicle

-windows break when shot

-can light cars, houses, and parts of the forest on fire (maybe they can reset back to normal a few days after burning)

-dice and/or dartboard for downtime? people have to keep track of their own scores. dont cheat ;)

-useable chairs. portable chairs and tables too? for bases or camps. on top of that, the ability to place items on a table rather than just on the floor.

-ability to search pockets so you dont have to kill someone to see what they have on them. mostly used for prisoners

-ability to holster sidearm, and sidearm visible in holster when equipped but not in use

-different tactical gear and you have to find it before being able to use it, example: gun holsters and leg pouches. finding these allow you too carry a little more and otherwise your pistol is held in your waistband when not in use and takes a second longer to pull out.

-variety of interchangeable weapon attachments (scopes, flash/sound suppressors, flashlights)

-high caliber, semi auto sniper rifles less common. maybe bolt action high caliber rifles?

-more civilian type choppers and repairable humvees. copilot can take control of chopper if passed off or if pilot lags out

-trailers for towing or storage, campers/RVs (players can walk inside campers, if possible)

-car doors open when getting in, same for trunk when transferring gear and hood when fixing engine. need car jack to change tires, maybe even to do work on motor

-animations for fixing vehicles should take longer, as should eating, bandaging, setting up tents, and cooking. able to cancel animations and pick up where you left off, say u can eat half a can of beans and finish the rest later. open cans may smell and attract zombies after a while if still food left inside goes uneaten. eating this rotten food gives 25% chance of getting sick. also can start fixing a car motor and have to stop because of zombies or another player, then you can come back and finish fixing. or after the other player kills you, he can start where you left off

-sniper aiming similar to ACE where you have to take wind into account as well as distance and can adjust scope depending on conditions (regular weapons also have to factor in wind conditions at long range but still effective and close to medium range)

-add flare gun

-add molotov cocktail and ability to make them (jerry can + empty whiskey bottles + rags + matches. 1 jerry can could fill 4 bottles, lets say)

-actual birds that fly, land, and can be shot maybe they sit on telephone wire sometimes and can be found pecking at dead players bodies. flocks of birds near cities where there are lots of dead and undead

-tripwire to make traps like doorway grenade traps or noisemakers and flare traps, nets or even punji traps (punji + poo = nasty infection on top of horrible pain)

-bows and arrows (flame arrows too)

Edited by RyanK
  • Like 1

some of these may have been mentioned but heres a few i thought of:

-different tent styles, not just the old tent (theres a round tent in arma already, why cant we have those too?)

-ablity to take parts from one vehicle to fix another

-empty mags remain in inventory, make loose ammo to refill magazines.

-"take all" button for picking up loot

-hats, pants, shirts, jackets, shoes, and maybe other accessories, all changeable or you can just wear underwear. will help differentiate between players and people will just be happier. different hairstyles for men and women too

-ability to climb ledges or over some chain-link fences (climb trees?) and climb into and out of windows

-able to post signs or just paint on side of buildings and billboards. to either warn people, trap them, or claim territory

-ability to hang people, or just tie them up and drag them from a car or horse. cages for prisoners?

-extend map beyond current borders (new towns? bigger mountains? a river?)

-if map is extended maybe add a cesna?

-windows break when shot

-can light cars, houses, and parts of the forest on fire (maybe they can reset back to normal a few days after burning)

-dice and/or dartboard for downtime? people have to keep track of their own scores. dont cheat ;)

-useable chairs. portable chairs and tables too? for bases or camps. on top of that, the ability to place items on a table rather than just on the floor.

-ability to search pockets so you dont have to kill someone to see what they have on them. mostly used for prisoners

-ability to holster sidearm, and sidearm visible in holster when equipped but not in use

-different tactical gear and you have to find it before being able to use it, example: gun holsters and leg pouches. finding these allow you too carry a little more and otherwise your pistol is held in your waistband when not in use and takes a second longer to pull out.

-variety of interchangeable weapon attachments (scopes, flash/sound suppressors, flashlights)

-high caliber, semi auto sniper rifles less common. maybe bolt action high caliber rifles?

-more civilian type choppers and repairable humvees. copilot can take control of chopper if passed off or if pilot lags out

-trailers for towing or storage, campers/RVs (players can walk inside campers, if possible)

-car doors open when getting in, same for trunk when transferring gear and hood when fixing engine. need car jack to change tires, maybe even to do work on motor

-animations for fixing vehicles should take longer, as should eating, bandaging, setting up tents, and cooking. able to cancel animations and pick up where you left off, say u can eat half a can of beans and finish the rest later. open cans may smell and attract zombies after a while if still food left inside goes uneaten. eating this rotten food gives 25% chance of getting sick. also can start fixing a car motor and have to stop because of zombies or another player, then you can come back and finish fixing. or after the other player kills you, he can start where you left off

-sniper aiming similar to ACE where you have to take wind into account as well as distance and can adjust scope depending on conditions (regular weapons also have to factor in wind conditions at long range but still effective and close to medium range)

-add flare gun

-add molotov cocktail and ability to make them (jerry can + empty whiskey bottles + rags + matches. 1 jerry can could fill 4 bottles, lets say)

-actual birds that fly, land, and can be shot maybe they sit on telephone wire sometimes and can be found pecking at dead players bodies. flocks of birds near cities were there are lots of dead and undead

-tripwire to make traps like doorway grenade traps or noisemakers and flare traps, nets or even punji traps (punji + poo = nasty infection on top of horrible pain)

-bows and arrows (flame arrows too)

Quite some nice ideas there RyanK.

I agree with most of your ideas, and yes, you should definitely be able to change weapons while moving. AND YES YES YES, Passengers should be able to shoot in vehicles.

Also, I'd like to add, that you are not allowed to take stuff out of someone if they are already using it - e.g. gun. Also, another thing I like to add is detection, if you try to open another player's bag it may send a warning to the other player, (sort of like thievery in skyrim) so the more you do this the better you get, but this is how I think it should be somewhere about - 35% detection for new players stealing other new players items. Veteran players will have a heightened sense, and will increase the detection warning making it harder to steal from, and players who do this a lot have a less chance of being detected, but please note: Stealing from friends will only work once - as in, you can only get better from stealing from the same person once, AND ONLY ONCE - until they are killed that is.

-actual birds that fly, land, and can be shot maybe they sit on telephone wire sometimes and can be found pecking at dead players bodies. flocks of birds near cities were there are lots of dead and undead

And with the birds, I've said this already, you should be able to shoot birds as well as loot them for meat, and your pet dog can be a retriever for you.

Also I totally agree with the fact that snipers need to take in wind magnitude direction, bullet drop as well as the Coriolis effect http://www.youtube.c...?v=9P9XKbYa--g. Well, maybe not the last one (since that is a bit complicated)

The only thing I disagree with, is the flame arrows really, I think its because of the consequences it has.

1. Its a bit rpg like which is not what dayz is about

2. what happens if you miss? You set the trees and house on fire

3. what happens if you hit? The person/zombie gets set ablaze (gives your position away) so it might not be worth putting fire on arrows.

And to add an idea on with the arrows, there should be shoddy arrows which you can craft from wood cut with a wood-chopping axe, sharp tip, and you should be able to add arrowhead tips if your skilled enough. Theres also several types of bows: Hunting, Shoddy crafted one, Marksman - used in sport.

But yeah, many good suggestions, some which have already been suggested, and the only I really disagree with is the flaming arrows.

Edited by Bombolz
  • Like 2

ya was kinda pushing it with the flame arrows, maybe change that to dual wielding pistols lol

Kinda a wastage of ammo, don't you think? Plus accuracy goes down the drain. You'd want to save ammo and be more accurate. Well at least that's me thinking.