Max Planck

dayzmod.com - Aug 2012 - Q&A with Rocket

Q : Hi Rocket, Can you come here and answer some of our questions? I know your not that busy. I saw you having a beer with friends last time - how dare you?

Edited by RastaKoueR

Hi

The list of questions is becoming bloated and hard to manage, and the amount of duplicate questions from people who just won't read the first post does not make it any better.

I am locking this thread for now and letting Rocket know about the state of it. We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

It seems Rocket has decided to answer questions on the reddit forums instead of here, so I'll just leave you this link:

http://www.reddit.co...tial_questions/

A lot of the questions asked in this thread has been answered there, seek and thou shalt find.

EDIT:

I should probably copy the answers out of the reddit thread and post them in this one, but I'm not sure I want to since I already feel like a sucker for doing all this work to begin with.

Anyone else?

Unlocked.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

Now that the standalone is announced and all that jazz...

Already answered:

13. Q: Do you have any plans to turn off name tags across all server difficulties? (I believe name tags / distance markers have no place in a game which is trying to be "authentic"). [systemiK]

A: This is the sort of thing we would deal with in standalone. Come up with a standardized method and apply it to everyone.

Could he be more specific:

Q: Have you come up with a standardized method to apply to everyone concerning server difficulties (3rd person, tags, cross-hairs, deathmessages, stats, peripheral, etc.) come standalone?

Cheers.

It seems Rocket has decided to answer questions on the reddit forums instead of here, so I'll just leave you this link:

http://www.reddit.co...tial_questions/

A lot of the questions asked in this thread has been answered there, seek and thou shalt find.

EDIT:

I should probably copy the answers out of the reddit thread and post them in this one, but I'm not sure I want to since I already feel like a sucker for doing all this work to begin with.

Anyone else?

Unlocked.

thanks, I'll extract everything from there and put in my Russian thread.

Your work was't in vain. You inspired many good questions. We just did it in a wrong place. Now we know the place :)

• Like 1

Well Griff has stated that rocket will be answering questions in this thread in future. So I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet. :)

The "One-line questions for Rocket" thread will be answered by Rocket in future.

Edited by livilaNic

(sorry I don't have the time or patience to read through countless pages to find out if this question has been asked or answers so please forgive me? )

Q: There are currently no female zombies in the game; is this something you would consider implementing at some point or are we to deduce that all females either died off or were immune to the infection?

Edited by Irenicus

I got worried when you said interface is going to be scaled down, using more sound to add better immersion (read reality)! In fact it will pose a problem to people with hearing impairment, how will you solve the matter for the hearing impairment?

Oneliner: Interface is getting scaled down, thus add more sound! Will there be any option to ease the matter for the hearing impaired?

Question: Given the issues with Battleye, will you be using a different form of anti-cheat, or at least give people the ability to run their own private games (via a sort of standard direct connect multiplayer) so they can play with their friends without worrying about hackers once the stand alone is ready to roll?

Hackers are ruining your game. This one single problem is obviating everything else you do. Why are you working on anything else?

Hackers are ruining your game. This one single problem is obviating everything else you do. Why are you working on anything else?

You're missing something. Hackers are ruining the mod. Rocket is working on the standalone game.

Mod - no way to stop hackers. Game - all possibilites to stop hackers.

You're missing something. Hackers are ruining the mod. Rocket is working on the standalone game.

Mod - no way to stop hackers. Game - all possibilites to stop hackers.

"Wait for the standalone" is not an acceptable answer. This game has been rendered unplayable by hackers, and I have zero faith that the standalone won't be similarly afflicted. If Rocket wants people to pay money for the standalone product, he needs to do some work convincing the player base that he's serious about the security issues, instead of puttering around making minor gameplay tweaks to a platform that is completely unplayable.

You use major branded items such as pepsi, coke and Heinz, will these appear in the standalone? I believe that this SKU will fail submission if proper perrmissions are not granted.

If you do not get permission and need to do original art for food stuffs and knick knacks would you hold a contest of sorts? give the creative player base a shot at digital immortality by having there quirky design appear in the game.

"Wait for the standalone" is not an acceptable answer. This game has been rendered unplayable by hackers, and I have zero faith that the standalone won't be similarly afflicted. If Rocket wants people to pay money for the standalone product, he needs to do some work convincing the player base that he's serious about the security issues, instead of puttering around making minor gameplay tweaks to a platform that is completely unplayable.

DayZ mod is a simple custom mod, usermade addon, usermade content... Just some cool idea by some guy from New Zealand... Yes, this user is talented, he is Rocket... But it's just a mod. Don't expect something amazing from it.

I have 100% faith that standalone will be dealing with hackers effectively. Your point is contrary. No more arguments, sorry. I don't want to convince you... Neither will Rocket.

Mark my words. :D You will buy DayZ standalone :) And you will play it. You seem like a person who is passionate about DayZ and is willing to see it fixed and be better. I'm that kind of person too. But I quit playing DayZ mod. I don't like it anymore, merely because of the technical impediments (hacking, lags etc.). Full blown commercial product will be more secure for players who bought it in terms of updates and hackers. It's not a 100% fact, but it's my 100% hope and faith. You can believe me or not.

My decision is made. No more mods - I need the standalone. Now I feel better and don't care about the hackers and bugs. I'm patient person. I'd rather keep patience then spoil my mood with the bugs and hackers.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail

Was the question regarding third person still being a feature? This is a deal breaker for me (and many others).

However the list of features and everything is sounding wonderful. I hope they at least add hair as a customabilty, and have lots of outfits. Then I'll be happy

Q. Have you considered adding new enemy npc-s instead of just having zombies ? Something similar to the monsters from Stalker : COP and Metro 2033

Q. Have you considered adding radiation into the game ?

Edited by radosm