rocket

Timing of Patch 1.5.8

Hell yeah. Zombies attracted to flares and chemlights. Keep making the game harder, i'm loving it!

Sweet I can't wait' date=' the time you put in Rocket is amazing!

Anyone know what he means by "* [NEW'] PROTIP: Use Global Chat/VOIP in populated areas" ?

Probably zombies are attracted to talking players. Aw Lawd.

haha oh man, I was hoping maybe he somehow managed to script it so that we could use VOIP in Global and only local players could hear. Can't wait till Boh patches and fixes direct.

YES. Just imagine next time a squeaky kid on a mic talks in side chat accidentally, the whole damn mapfull of zombies will be on his ass in minutes. Well deserved.

Hell yeah. Zombies attracted to flares and chemlights. Keep making the game harder' date=' i'm loving it!

[/quote']

Harder?! Careful players will find this feature to make things easier on themselves... or harder on another player whose location they've discovered.

* [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4 Good stuff

* [NEW] Zombie's will investigate player deaths AWESOME. Was really hoping for something like this

* [FIXED] Climbing a ladder with a pistol will cause you to fall Never happened to me luckily but good to be certain it's gone

* [FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights Great!

* [FIXED] Panic noises going apeshit all the time Great!! This annoyed me a lot

BUILD 1.5.8 will be soaking until I wake up for work in four hours. Screw you guys' date=' I'm going home.

[/quote']

Eyyy, now you just need to switch the thread name to "Build" and we're on our way ;)

Thanks for your time Rocket, appreciate it greatly

Hell yeah. Zombies attracted to flares and chemlights. Keep making the game harder' date=' i'm loving it!

[/quote']

Harder?! Careful players will find this feature to make things easier on themselves... or harder on another player whose location they've discovered.

Agree 100%. And even careful players get caught. All it takes in one mistake or a small streak of unfortunate events to have someone know where you are and tosses a flare to your location. Being careful only goes so far. At some point, you have to take risks, and that's when you have the highest chance of getting caught.

Im wondering if they ran into a bunch of bugs while testing.. This is taking a long time to update and its not really peak hours anymore. Some sort of update would be nice by a mod, im sure rocket has his hands full

I'd just like to take a moment to laugh at all the people who bitched me (and others) out for DARING to suggest that rocket might do something about ARMA's buggy inventory or ladders......

Just think for a moment, if nobody ever said there was a problem then it would probably never get fixed.

So the bandit skins are gone or no? And I'm still wondering about the addition of the M1 Garand.

Im wondering if they ran into a bunch of bugs while testing.. This is taking a long time to update and its not really peak hours anymore. Some sort of update would be nice by a mod' date=' im sure rocket has his hands full

[/quote']

...Last i checked the vast majority of servers were still full. Also, he said he'll upload it when he wakes up

Many thanks for the coming update. I'm really excited about the zombies going for flares. I was on top of a building and spotted a bandit trying to sneak through quite a few zombies, but I only had a pistol, so I tossed a flare right in front of him in hopes the zombies would go after him. Instead he just crawled right over the darn thing and kept going so I had to get out of there for fear he'd come after me. :)

* [FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights

So obviously this means they're more likely to attack me if I have a flare in my hand or if I stand near a flare, but does it also mean that I can throw a flare down the street and they will chase it?

That would be nice! I like playing PVP in the dark, but searching for car parts in the dark is a pain in the ass so I don't do it anymore. I might actually play past 7:00PM now.

* [NEW] PROTIP: Use Global Chat/VOIP in populated areas

"GUYS, ANY FRIENDLIES IN CHERNO ?" *Gets raped by 1000 zombies*

Now I simply can't wait. :D

PROTIP: Use Global/VOIP in populated areas?

Mr.Rocket, sir, are you trolling us? I'm sure what you've implemented wouldn't make hordes of zombies aggro people who do these things?

Your not that sadistic. Are you?

Hello?

Don't walk away from me! Answer me!?

On a serious note. Looking good. Zombies investigating player deaths will freak those who don't read the forums out when it gets released.

Yet another update Changelog:

* [NEW] Server cleanup system replaced with a more agressive one

* [NEW] Inventory Interaction system (right-click on items in gear screen to bring up interactions)

* [NEW] Temperature System now implemented (effects are limited)

* [NEW] Water can be filled in ponds' date=' all water pumps, wells, but not the sea

* [NEW'] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4

* [NEW] Zombie's will investigate player deaths

* [NEW] Adrenaline rush from panicing causes greately increased hunger for a while

* [NEW] PROTIP: Use Global Chat/VOIP in populated areas

* [FIXED] Helicopter loot despawning too fast

* [FIXED] Climbing a ladder with a pistol will cause you to fall

* [FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights

* [FIXED] Panic noises going apeshit all the time

Bandits will stay till Thursday.

BUILD 1.5.8 will be soaking until I wake up for work in four hours. Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Hey man,

I liked this game before, but I love this mod. I've been paying attention to everything that's been happening server-wise. I could not even being to imagine being in your position. I speak for myself and I am sure a large portion of the player base when I say thank you Rocket. Thank you for working hard to make DayZ the game that you envisioned and we've all waited for. Thank you for sacrificing your spare time so we can have an amazing time wasting ours.

Even through all the server issues, you're still trying to get out an update, seriously man, you're amazing.

Keep up the good work Rocket, but take a break sometime soon!

Hi hello please fix the thing where firing one bullet out of a clip can cause that clip to vanish upon relogging. Ok thanks xoxoxo

thats not a bug. it was a feature that was implemented in previous update

It's poorly implemented. It was added to prevent people from completely refreshing their mags by relogging, but all it does is ensure that if you fire even a single shot, you've effectively thrown that magazine away. Magazine capacity tracking is behavior that needs to either be fixed by rocket or brought up with BIS so they can fix it.

BUILD 1.5.8 will be soaking until I wake up for work in four hours. Screw you guys' date=' I'm going home.

[/quote']

You might as well hold off on updating until Thursday... wouldn't that make the most sense? Since the reason why updating has been post-poned so far is because of the increase of player count... why go through it twice in one week!? Wouldn't that potentially cause even more strain on the hive?

I'd say combine 1.5.8 and 1.5.9 and just release 1.5.9 on Thursday. I'm sure players won't mind waiting. The game is in a very playable state, clearly, as player count may reach 10,000 by the end of the week!

So rocket, dunno if you can confirm this real quick, but :

" * [FIXED] Helicopter loot despawning too fast "

Meaning helicopter wrecks are finally looting something ? It's kinda unclear.

PROTIP: Use Global Chat/VOIP in populated areas

While I hate people spamming global/side channels, without a direct com that works 100% of the time for everyone, doesn't that just give a boost to people using teamspeak/mumble and completely ignoring the mod design?

Also, newbie question, but does the term VOIP used here includes direct com chat or that's just global/side/etc?

I really hope it doesn't include direct com because while realistic, that would effectively make team-speak tools mandatory.

[/quote']

You might as well hold off on updating until Thursday... wouldn't that make the most sense? Since the reason why updating has been post-poned so far is because of the increase of player count... why go through it twice in one week!? Wouldn't that potentially cause even more strain on the hive?

I'd say combine 1.5.8 and 1.5.9 and just release 1.5.9 on Thursday. I'm sure players won't mind waiting. The game is in a very playable state, clearly, as player count may reach 10,000 by the end of the week!

I agree, people are getting butthurt over waiting, and that is understandable in some regard. However, people seem to be forgetting that this is; an alpha, and that rocket has a life outside of this.

He's doing all this work, making this fantastic mod for the gaming community, and he's doing it all for free.

So just be patient, the update will come, and if he merges 1.5.8 with 1.5.9 the update will be even more awesome!

So where are we with the flares,

Firstly * [NEW] Flares will now attract zombies in the day also.

Now * [FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights.

It would be nice if Zombies went after the flares in daylight but not at night time but I geuss that would make the Z's less life like and realistic... :ô/\ô:

So where are we with the flares' date='

Firstly * [NEW'] Flares will now attract zombies in the day also.

Now * [FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights.

It would be nice if Zombies went after the flares in daylight but not at night time but I geuss that would make the Z's less life like and realistic... :ô/\ô:

That wouldn't work.

The zeds moving towards flares even during daytime adds another level of tacticallity. You can throw a flare out of your way in order to pull zeds away.

The flares at night will attract zeds, so you'll think twice about throwing lots of flares around.

FRIENDLY!!!! :D

How complicated will the patch be in regards to installing it?

t first with the unpacking of files, in a specific folder, it confused me a bit. Yes, I'm a noob to ARMA2, and it's MOD system.

Will we have to delete the previous version? Does it automatically overwrite the old one? Etc.

How were the previous patches installation handled?

Thanks!!!