rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

Do we understand yet.

That you're a self-serving moron? Yes, undoubtedly. This game would likely be imbalanced, without your insipid ideas. One does not simply "change their clothes" after shooting you in the face. Sorry, pal. I ain't playing your game.

Do we understand yet.

That you're a self-serving moron? Yes' date=' undoubtedly. This game would likely be imbalanced, without your insipid ideas. One does not simply "change their clothes" after shooting you in the face. Sorry, pal. I ain't playing your game.

[/quote']

From Rocket - "I think the group dynamic is really important - that's going to give more incentive for people not to just kill everyone else on sight. That's a very important thing to tease out, and that also gives some longevity to playing," he explains.

You see, things will change.

Good to hear some intelligence among this trash pile.

You see' date=' things will change. Good to hear some intelligence among this trash pile.[/quote']

Now, go find the quote where he isn't bringing bandit skins back. I agree with you, that things are going to change. I'm just not so arrogant as to say that I know how they're going to change. You seem to think that it's your vision that's going to become the way the game is played. I'm sorry, but I've read more than enough of Rocket's quotes to know better.

Oh, and here we go...

I can see where people are coming from with their requests to err more towards co-operative gameplay. But the fact is' date=' L4D2 would provide a much better co-operative gameplay environment currently. The main focus of this is survival, and interactions with players are the most serious aspect.

This means we need the bandits, they are needed to supply the tension. The fact a player can do anything and "get away with it" and a reason the experience is so compelling. However, modelling consequence is within the scope of the project, and that's something that will be tried out in future updates until we get it right.[/quote']

Hmm. Well, this certainly puts an arrow into that whole "holier than thou" attitude of yours, wouldn't it? I think Rocket just told you to "GB2L4D2".

. I agree with you' date=' that things are going to change. I'm just not so arrogant as to say that I know how they're going to change.[/quote']

I'm not saying i know or think how things will change, i'm saying things have to change.

I'm not saying i know or think how things will change' date=' i'm saying things [b']have to change.

Well, shit. Then, we're arguing the same damn thing. I'd like to say it's the zeds fault. They're too damn easy to avoid or kill. (And it's no damn fun to run from them any more - I aggro fifty of them, then, can't find anyone to drag 'em to.)

There are almost 0 players now that are interested in team play' date=' including myself, which is a huge disappointment to have to change play style like that. There needs to be a balance so people can have the best of what this was originally about, both teamplay and pvp.

[/quote']

Sorry you are flat out wrong. I see lots of team play happening regardless. quit whining about it and find people to play with using team speak or find another server to play on that have more friendly people playing.

You clearly haven't played any eu servers.

Simple. Game is broken without bandit skins because everyone is killing each other without consequences. I do aggree that the Zeds needs to be improved. For example them stopping and not being able to hit you unless your standing still practically but yet they run like Olympians, wtf? But the game is just "Kill on Sight" now.

There are almost 0 players now that are interested in team play' date=' including myself, which is a huge disappointment to have to change play style like that. There needs to be a balance so people can have the best of what this was originally about, both teamplay and pvp.

[/quote']

Sorry you are flat out wrong. I see lots of team play happening regardless. quit whining about it and find people to play with using team speak or find another server to play on that have more friendly people playing.

You clearly haven't played any eu servers.

I do and have seen plenty of teamplay happening.

" " -- quoting the reply of the dead horse you are all beating in this thread.

It has degenerated into "Nuh uh" "uh huh" and repetition of the same points and counter points over and over.

Thread is dead.

Something has to change, pretty much everyone is kill on sight now as there no reason NOT to kill everyone on sight.

In real life there are moral and ethical consequences to killing someone, zombie apocalypse or not. These consequences cannot be modeled in any video game as, after all, it is just a video game. Therefore consequences HAVE to be modeled in some other fashion in order for rocket's 'social experiment' to be valid at all.

Something has to change' date=' pretty much everyone is kill on sight now as there no reason NOT to kill everyone on sight.

In real life there are moral and ethical consequences to killing someone, zombie apocalypse or not. These consequences cannot be modeled in any video game as, after all, it is just a video game. Therefore consequences HAVE to be modeled in some other fashion in order for rocket's 'social experiment' to be valid at all.

[/quote']

HINT: MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD: It may or may not be the bandit skins. There are 1,000,000 posts about PVP ALREADY. If they decide to add them back in or if they decide not to, the 87 pages right here probably contain enough "information" to make someone vomit trying to decide....

HINT: MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD: It may or may not be the bandit skins. There are 1' date='000,000 posts about PVP ALREADY. If they decide to add them back in or if they decide not to, the 87 pages right here probably contain enough "information" to make someone vomit trying to decide...[/quote']

Nuh uh.

;)

HINT: MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD: It may or may not be the bandit skins. There are 1' date='000,000 posts about PVP ALREADY. If they decide to add them back in or if they decide not to, the 87 pages right here probably contain enough "information" to make someone vomit trying to decide...[/quote']

Nuh uh.

;)

Uh HUH

UH HUH!!

KEEP GOING. This thread is at 4K blood and will pass out soon!!!

Luckily i've left it waiting for better days and a more adult gameplay. :)

Yeah I too am waiting for the ability to remove all clothes and r...oh nevermind.

" " -- quoting the reply of the dead horse you are all beating in this thread.

It has degenerated into "Nuh uh" "uh huh" and repetition of the same points and counter points over and over.

Thread is dead.

Made worse by the fact that the forum lost two weeks of content, which people are now repeating because they think it hasn't been beaten enough.

^^^ The nature of players in the game right now. Luckily i've left it waiting for better days and a more adult gameplay. :)

I'm betting you won't be back' date=' save to destroy your enemies by posting your continuous drivel on these forums.

Made worse by the fact that the forum lost two weeks of content, which people are now repeating because they think it hasn't been beaten enough.

I agree with you on this point more than any. Unfortunately, a lot of us who posted helpful and useful information (yeah, it happens) seem to have given up in responding to the latest wave of bad ideas. We've all replied before, and I have personally lost almost 400 posts - some of them, even good! - so I'm pretty bummed, overall.

And I agree with previous posters. This thread needs to die, and go away. I mean, after all, we already have about a hundred more stating the same things.

^^^ The nature of players in the game right now. Luckily i've left it waiting for better days and a more adult gameplay. :)

I'm betting you won't be back' date=' save to destroy your enemies by posting your continuous drivel on these forums.[/quote']

As i said: I'll return when/if it will offer something different than other FPS, and more mature gameplay. Not too complicate to understand. ;)

Before I died I just took one bandit with me into hell :D

70b6e6ce4c19a98f68fc0cbf36e5eb45.png

P.S. not many ppl are good persons in game, that's the problem and I think there must be safe zones(like in STALKER) where u can drink and rest and I think day-z need better solution about bandits :D

Something has to change' date=' pretty much everyone is kill on sight now as there no reason NOT to kill everyone on sight.

[/quote']

lol. I'm a little late on this. Care.

You obviously don't understand the zombie apocalypse. Ethics and morality are the construct of semi-organized social groups. The point is that the entire social structure of society has broken down, that structure is gone, and as such, the last remnants of those ideas left in the minds of those who have survived will either pass entirely, be adopted by a new social structure of survivors, or give way to a new order. You may argue that morality is a spiritual construct and not one of an earthly social order...it's irrelevant to the discussion.

If you want the ethics and morality of the old order to prevail in this game you will have to start it. You have will have to convince people that strangers are to be trusted with your life, and you must accept that human beings in a desperate and unregulated attempt at survival in the face of horror, will maintain social norms without social constraints.

Look at New Orleans, circa Hurricane Katrina. A major American city suffered an engineering catastrophe and was for the most part evacuated. What remained of that city....a major city of the most wealthy, stable, and powerful country in the history of human civilization (even when looking at statistics of the British Empires 1750-1845).....was a sess pool of thievery, treachery, fear, and and outright contempt for the legal/social norms that existed 24 hours before. Police officers abandoned their posts, gangsters prevented military aircraft from rescuing survivors with automatic weapon fire. Huddling masses hid dehydrated and fearful in a great American arena (astrodome) This wasn't a third world country. It wasn't a hundred years ago. It was the 21st century in America. Hundreds of millions didn't die to a sudden disease or start eating their brothers and sisters as they turned into zombies; a levy broke.

Realistically in such a scenario the ones that you may come to reasonably trust will be those that you were close to prior to the disaster. Not strangers. I don't even pick up hitchhikers, but you want to give strangers the benefit of a doubt in the mother fucking zombie APOC. Lol. You will notice that there are gaming communities that play this game with high levels of trust and cooperation. Hrmmmm.....maybe thats the new social structure.

lol. Naive.

Numbers are our best friends. I'm monitoring bandit numbers since the patch that removed skins and they seem to stabilize. As of now:

- Bandits are ~14,7% of Unique Players.

- Bandits are ~18% of Alive Characters.

And those aren't changing for at least 1 week. After the patch they rose from like 10-12% respectively but now are pretty stable. And I don't really see them going higher than 20% (25 is the most I can possibly imagine) as PKs were always a minority in MMOs.

So basically all those qqing about crazy killers etc are a good bunch of ppl like at lest 8 out of 10. And those 8 can't defend themselves from those 2? Just LOL.

Numbers are our best friends. I'm monitoring bandit numbers since the patch that removed skins and they seem to stabilize. As of now:

- Bandits are ~14' date='7% of Unique Players.

- Bandits are ~18% of Alive Characters.

And those aren't changing for at least 1 week. After the patch they rose from like 10-12% respectively but now are pretty stable. And I don't really see them going higher than 20% (25 is the most I can possibly imagine) as PKs were always a minority in MMOs.

So basically all those qqing about crazy killers etc are a good bunch of ppl like at lest 8 out of 10. And those 8 can't defend themselves from those 2? Just LOL.

[/quote']

Give me a sniper rifle, a dense woodland map and a 800+ meter gap and I could slot a lot more than 10. Playing as a "bandit" is far easier than any other playstyle, your only concerns are how and where you are going to kill people.