rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

I would like to see the bandit skin back, well maybe change the way you get it, but imo it was a great feature. For sure, now u can lie to other people, like in real life BUT even if u want this game a simu, it STILL a game. So instead of improve the feeling of a simulation, it just turned in a deathmatch fest. Now there is only 2 side aka "survivor in grp" and solo people KOS other.

Could it be ok for u guys to just be able to drop 100% the bandit skin after killed one (human player only) ? So u can still be a murderer without show it. (by not looting it)

I mean, DayZ is a video game, and the meaning of that for lots of reason, is HAVING FUN. And lots of people just enjoyed looking at their character as a bandit.

Edited by nulak

"Bandit Skins" Have no place in this game. Keep them out, half the excitement is not knowing what the other person is going to do. The beauty of this game is how close this sim comes to what it would really be like. The last time i watched Cops I dont remember seeing the dude jacking a car wearing a bandit uniform. If you cant deal with the true nature of humanity in a end of days survival setting this game might not be for you. I would also advise against assuming you are the majority voice for this game .

• Like 2

I would just love if they will add more clothings to the game! :D

I am totally new to this game, and I love it!

One of the most thrilling things in the game is, that you never know who to trust.

As a new player, I can't even imagine that bandit skins have ever been in the game.

Not to know, if you can trust who you meet, is one of the core features in the game!

You are on the right track rocket! Please never re-implement those unrealistic bandit skins.

DayZ is not Team-Deathmatch. It's a simulation, and that's what makes it different and thrilling.

There already is a reward for being friendly in the game!

The reward of being friedly is to have the chance to team-up, wich more than doubles your sourvivability!

Edited by Donnerwurm
  • Like 1

One of the most thrilling things in the game is, that you never know who to trust.

As a new player, I can't even imagine that bandit skins have ever been in the game.

Not to know, if you can trust who you meet, is one of the core features in the game!

You are on the right track rocket! Please never re-implement those unrealistic bandit skins.

DayZ is not Team-Deathmatch. It's a simulation, and that's what makes it different and thrilling.

The reward of being friedly is to have the chance to team-up, wich more than doubles your sourvivability!

you would think, but no.

Just makes you a bigger target for player killers. Two shots from a variety of guns in 5 seconds, you're both dead.

Things have have been done now... i don't think i will ever come back now to play as survivor, the game turned into what's right now and it would be hard to "transform" it back to what it was weeks ago or such: 90% of the players will have the bandit skin and i will continue to shoot on sight.

• Like 1

I've been playing as a friendly/survivor but now I think it's time to go full-on bandit. Gonna try and get as many murders as possible and get on the statistics page :D

• Like 1

I used to only shot bandits, now i shoot everybody, its just safer for me. If there were bandit skins again, i would atleast consider not shooting them.

• Like 2

I used to only shot bandits, now i shoot everybody, its just safer for me. If there were bandit skins again, i would atleast consider not shooting them.

this

As the title said, the Bandit/Survivor morphing will be removed. You will find skins around the world, that you can wear if you choose. Humanity will be retained for an undisclosed purpose.

Because humanity is the feature DayZ deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll remove bandit transitions, because its not helping. Because its not a good feature. Humanity remains as a silent guardian, watchful protector. An ... unfinished feature.

Please abuse/fanboy below so I can feast on your delicious tears...

I still need to find a "skin" up to this date...
  • Like 1

the solution to people just killing is making it so they can't loot your body. there would be less of a chance someone would just kill you because he doesn't benefit from it other then just wanted a kill. you could introduce a trading menu . right click on player and a window opens. but your item such as 'beans' and he buts say 'ammo' and you click accept, he then clicks accept and your transaction is complete. have a nice day then you slowly walk back and leave. this in turn will help easy people from killing each other on sight for there loot however they could still shot you if they wish but the chance that someone will do this is less because he doesn't really get anything from it other then a kill. also this will help people joining groups to search for ammo and stuff in towns. if this doesn't work you could create SAFE zones on the map control by AI player. you intrude you'r self to the AI and he lets you in, should you shoot anyone inside the safe zone the AI players will shoot you dead. in order to protect the player there should be walls around the camp and add towers with AI Guards. here you would freely be able to trade your items with other players.

the solution to people just killing is making it so they can't loot your body. there would be less of a chance someone would just kill you

Nope.. most ppl are killing other players just for the kill, you see tons of snipers that doesn't even care to go to loot the bodies they shot down, you only loot em when they are on your way. Gear is too common: it's easier to collect it from the buildings, than kiling other players for it.

• Like 1

the solution to people just killing is making it so they can't loot your body. there would be less of a chance someone would just kill you because he doesn't benefit from it other then just wanted a kill. you could introduce a trading menu . right click on player and a window opens. but your item such as 'beans' and he buts say 'ammo' and you click accept, he then clicks accept and your transaction is complete. have a nice day then you slowly walk back and leave. this in turn will help easy people from killing each other on sight for there loot however they could still shot you if they wish but the chance that someone will do this is less because he doesn't really get anything from it other then a kill. also this will help people joining groups to search for ammo and stuff in towns. if this doesn't work you could create SAFE zones on the map control by AI player. you intrude you'r self to the AI and he lets you in, should you shoot anyone inside the safe zone the AI players will shoot you dead. in order to protect the player there should be walls around the camp and add towers with AI Guards. here you would freely be able to trade your items with other players.

you obviously don't understand how apocalypse works... there would be no centralized command/ safe zones/hippy camps. It would be dog eat dog where only the strong survived.

the solution to people just killing

walls around the camp

Haha! O yeah buddy! Put them walls up... So my friends and can sit out 500 meters with our scopes trained on the gates.

• Like 1

So much for survivor co-operation... Everyone will be considered bandits now.

exactly

Great idea making DayZ one big Free for all with a bunch of zombies bothering everyone.

Right, because you definetly need to team up to survive.... NOT.... Your chances are better at surviving if you shoot on sight. I dont like the idea of bandit skins but there needs to be much more incentive to "team up" which currently there isnt.

I found some clothings today, it was called "civilian clothes" or something like that. I think it changed my shirt to a black one.

I used to get shot all the time when bandit skins were in the mod, yet I never was killed by bandits, just survivors. I die less now because I do not go into high risk places like the NW Airfield. I cross the countryside at night searching for downed helicopters and camps/bases. Much safer that most other activities.

I hope they don't bring it back. Everyone is a bandit and everyone is a survivor. That's the game.

"Great idea making DayZ one big Free for all"

If you're not squadded up it can be a tough world out there.

I think many people here are missing the point. This mod is supposed to be zombie survival with PVP. Right now it is PVP with a splash of zombie survival.

There is unfortunately a huge difference between these two.

Edited by Venloe
  • Like 1

All we need is just more different clothing parts. So you can setup your own style, by finding various things, like gloves, hats, shoes, etc... in different colors.

That will give us: "this guy looks friendly" feeling and when you realy find out how friendly he is, you have the heartbeat sound when you closer to him.

The main problem is to identify a possible bandit over a distance. especially when you group up. So your group spotter is the guy who decides to take some one out or let him alive. there is no heartbeat sound for the spotter when the target is 400m away. some serious clothing could save this poor guys life :)

Edited by rapuffel

I found some clothings today, it was called "civilian clothes" or something like that. I think it changed my shirt to a black one.

Thats the default skin, someone would have found camo/ghillie skin and turfed their civilian clothing.

The colour of the default skin is randomised on login I believe.