rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

Maybe link people's stats to their Facebook. They'd be less likely to go on killing sprees if Mom, Grandma and all of their Coworkers were privy to them ;)

Joking aside here are some of my thoughts:

Bring their conscience into play. The more kills you get on non-bandit characters the lower your humanity gets and the worse you feel about it. The worse you feel about things the more paranoid you get. You have increased susceptibility to shock, infection and cold. Your hearing becomes slightly numbed, lowering your ability to artfully dodge zombies. You might hear things that aren't there. Implementing slightly hunched character models to indicate this increased paranoia would be slick.

I think this a rather elegant solution. People who don't see an "end-game" other than PvP will have the Zombie part of their game pumped up. People who want to become cold-blooded killers will have the true side effects of being a lonely, scared, anti-social, trigger-happy killer.

This, of course, represents the middle ground for characters. Just as we all carry the same amount of gear, run at the same speed and stand at the same height in game we should all shoulder the burdens of psyche in the same manner. So please don't pretend to be a sociopath or something teenage fanboi silly like that :)

Maybe link people's stats to their Facebook. They'd be less likely to go on killing sprees if Mom' date=' Grandma and all of their Coworkers were privy to them ;)

Bring their conscience into play. The more kills you get on non-bandit characters the lower your humanity gets and the worse you feel about it. The worse you feel about things the more paranoid you get. You have increased susceptibility to shock, infection and cold. Your hearing becomes slightly numbed, lowering your ability to artfully dodge zombies. You might hear things that aren't there. Implementing slightly hunched character models to indicate this increased paranoia would be slick.

I think this a rather elegant solution. People who don't see an "end-game" other than PvP will have the Zombie part of their game pumped up. People who want to become cold-blooded killers will have the true side effects of being a cold-blooded killer.

This, of course, represents the middle ground for characters. Just as we all carry the same amount of gear, run at the same speed and stand at the same height in game we should all shoulder the burdens of psyche in the same manner. So please don't pretend to be a sociopath or something teenage fanboi silly like that :)

[/quote']

Seems more of a side effect from a scared person ... not a cold blooded killer ... cold-blood = less harmfull to cold ...

Maybe link people's stats to their Facebook. They'd be less likely to go on killing sprees if Mom' date=' Grandma and all of their Coworkers were privy to them ;)

I think this a rather elegant solution. People who don't see an "end-game" other than PvP will have the Zombie part of their game pumped up. People who want to become cold-blooded killers will have the true side effects of being a cold-blooded killer.

[/quote']

Seems more of a side effect from a scared person ... not a cold blooded killer ... cold-blood = less harmfull to cold ...

My sentiments exactly. I think we should punish survivors for not pvping the same way you suggested. So the longer you go on without killing another player the worse the side effects get.

OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS

Bring their conscience into play. The more kills you get on non-bandit characters the lower your humanity gets and the worse you feel about it.

Yeah, because I feel bad for shooting your character in the back, in-game. Oh, wait.

My bad. Should have said scared trigger happy killer or some such. Will edit post to reflect.

Yeah, because I feel bad for shooting your character in the back, in-game. Oh, wait.

Way to miss the point entirely. We're all playing normal human beings who wouldn't react well to this sort of violence. In interviews Rocket repeatedly stresses the emotions he wants to evoke in players. This would be a great way to push remorse and/or a guilty conscience.

My bad. Should have said scared trigger happy killer or some such. Will edit post to reflect.

Yeah' date=' because I feel bad for shooting your character in the back, in-game. Oh, wait.[/quote']

Way to miss the point entirely. We're all playing normal human beings who wouldn't react well to this sort of violence. In interviews Rocket repeatedly stresses the emotions he wants to evoke in players. This would be a great way to push remorse and/or a guilty conscience.

I can see what your getting at, but the only emotion these added side effects that you are suggesting will cause is pure frustration. Im not gonna start feeling bad about killing another player when i start hearing noises and get the shakes. It will just aggravate players, not stir emotions.

Yeah, I can see those emotions are really coming out...

Mostly laughter and "we pwned that guy".

I'm glad Rocket thinks he's doing a noble and innovative experiment, but you can't pretend griefing and random PK isn't a popular hobby that people will bring to any game that allows it, and this one encourages it. Most of the exploits are used with the same aim, ruining other peoples gaming.

At least with the bandit skin we'd have a somewhat interesting bandits and anti-bandits dynamic and some minor, cosmetic reason not pull the trigger. Now the players are just an amorphous mass of threats and loot pinata's.

Take back bandit skin, fuck realism

NOT REALISTIC IN GAME:

Every Russian doesn't look almost the same

Every Russian can't handle a gun like a pro

Items doesn't just lay around everywhere in piles in specific spots

Items doesn't just spawn

Zombies doesn't just spawn

People doesn't just spawn

Night isn't that friiiiiking black

People can't run forever without getting tired and haz to rest

You can go on for dayz without eating food in real life not just ~1 hour

[insert five million things here]

So srsly stop bitching about realism and take back bandit skin

ps: I kill people all the time :3 but would be nice to know there are friendly's out there.

The game has felt more so much more immersive recently and I like the direction as immersion makes surviving all the more satisfying.

Probably been thrashed to death already but to me the whole kill on sight problem is more about the perceived threat encounters create being broken by the fact you cannot easily move around or look at someone with your gun lowered/shouldered/holstered; even with friends I trust, when they turn at me with their gun pointed at my head it's not a good feeling.

oefox - NZ7

What do you guys think>? Has all this been proposed before? Please let me know if it has or past it on if it hasn't.

if you want to play a coop PvE game' date=' i suggest you check out killing floor. retarded ideas that reward coop and punish PvP are not going to be implemented in this game.

[/quote']

Did you read what I proposed? It dosen't seem so. Nowhere did i say "pve coop" my suggestion weas to discourage PvP by adding visual distortions that could be regained through "humane" actions and if you wanted to rob someone, you could without it effecting your humanity afterall its a survival game, if you need beans steal them but theres no need to kill IF there were a mechanic that allowed an alternative. Such as the term Bandit infers, which is not "Pointless Psycho Killer".

"ideas that reward coop and punish PvP are not going to be implemented in this game." I wouldn't be so sure if I were you (why else is humanity being tracked? and why else has the banbdit skin been removed? and lastly read the main op heading.:-

"Because humanity is the feature DayZ deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll remove bandit transitions, because its not helping. Because its not a good feature. Humanity remains as a silent guardian, watchful protector. An ... unfinished feature."

retarded eh? maybe if you want to kill others for no reason whatsoever you'd be better off playing CoD?

DayZ appealed to me since I like the post apocalyptic setting, I read book like The Road and Metro 2033 and watch TV series like The Walking Dead, Jericho, and semi-frequent r/collapse on reddit (probably because I secretly suspect that the world is going to shit, aaany day now..). The Crime & Punishment and Bandit Campfire subforums occasionally offer some nice reads, eventhough the stories mostly consist of neckbeards' wet dreams with plotholes you could drive a truck through.

Theme Parks and sandboxes,

EVE and DayZ being sandboxes. The thing is that EVE isn't as sandboxy as it seems, it has mining, ratting, mission running, plexes, scanning, trading, hauling, POS operation, R&D and whatnot. As it seems, DayZ only offers looting, shooting and repairing vehicles.

The game has felt more so much more immersive recently and I like the direction as immersion makes surviving all the more satisfying.

Probably been thrashed to death already but to me the whole kill on sight problem is more about the perceived threat encounters create being broken by the fact you cannot easily move around or look at someone with your gun lowered/shouldered/holstered; even with friends I trust' date=' when they turn at me with their gun pointed at my head it's not a good feeling.

oefox - NZ7

[/quote']

You can lower your primary weapon by double tapping control.

Probably been thrashed to death already but to me the whole kill on sight problem is more about the perceived threat encounters create being broken by the fact you cannot easily move around or look at someone with your gun lowered/shouldered/holstered; even with friends I trust' date=' when they turn at me with their gun pointed at my head it's not a good feeling.

oefox - NZ7

[/quote']

I believe its more due the fact that the direct communication channel hasn't worked correctly since day one. I can voice chat perfectly on it, but only after a bit of tweaking. Some guy shot at me (missed), but then I yelled on the mic "Dude, I don't have anything, shoo!" and he paused, ran off, camped for a bit, then eventually left the area.

Microphones /a working way of communicating should be mandatory.

Seems to me that PKer's were a little more rare with the global chat simply because it was an easy way of communicating with another player.

There is no difference between bandit or survivor in this game; absolutely no tangible difference. Humanity serves no purpose in this game; absolutely none, unless one is delusioned into thinking that they wont be victimized.

There is no difference between bandit or survivor in this game; absolutely no tangible difference. Humanity serves no purpose in this game; absolutely none' date=' unless one is delusioned into thinking that they wont be victimized.

[/quote']

Im not in complete support of skin based force recognition, there might be a better way for that to happen.

But this statement can go both ways, it really depends on how you see the world IMHO. For instance I could say that one could be disillusioned into thinking that they are always going to be victimized and act like that in the game world by shooting everyone on sight. The fact of the matter is there are lots of people on both sides of the fence. There are people that want to cooperate in support of humanitarian causes and others that are in support of selfish causes. There have been many times where I could have shot someone but didnt and made friends with some of those people. They ended up not being douche bags. The question is how do you want to see the world? its really up to everyone to decide how they want to play the game.

THIS MOD MAKE THEN NO SENCE. Some times i think the developer wanner make it easi for Bandits more ??? Most of them Play self like COD Kidits and BF Rambows i think :D (just a jok dont be angry about this commentar ;)

And by the way i was long time away, last Time i have about 3k HUmunity but was spawnt now in Banditsskin. But i think them are deaktivatet? And if, then why? I didnt finde any exuce in Forum, why the banditsskin are deeaktivetet at the Moment?

Bandit Skin:

Pro- You can tell who killed people.

Con- Self Defense is considered murder.

You would become a bandit by defending yourself, pushing you into killing MORE people to defend yourself more often. Meaning you stayed a bandit, and not because you wanted to, or you died and lost your stuff.

Wasn't really fair. That's the general idea anyway.

Nope:

"Because humanity is the feature DayZ deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll remove bandit transitions, because its not helping. Because its not a good feature. Humanity remains as a silent guardian, watchful protector. An ... unfinished feature."

Bandit Skin:

You would become a bandit by defending yourself' date=' pushing you into killing MORE people to defend yourself more often. Meaning you stayed a bandit, and not because you wanted to, or you died and lost your stuff.

[/quote']

What about offsetting bad karma with good actions. Saving shots vs zombies, healing other players, giving items, all could easily be statistically tracked and could offset the occasional self defense kill. Murder # doesn't need to be the only significant game play figure. Even taking murder # vs game play time alone, you could statistically say only the bottom 10% get bandit skins and you'd still have a WAY more fair system.

What about offsetting bad karma with good actions. Saving shots vs zombies' date=' healing other players, giving items, all could easily be statistically tracked and could offset the occasional self defense kill. Murder # doesn't need to be the only significant game play figure. Even taking murder # vs game play time alone, you could statistically say only the bottom 10% get bandit skins and you'd still have a WAY more fair system.

[/quote']

good things happen when you give blood to others.

the game's a total deathmatch 24/7, removing weapons has helped a little (occasionally I run into friendly, but always unarmed or melee). The game needs an essential diad like char morphing. Was waiting a few hours avoiding players to become a Survivor again a real big deal for all of you? It was pretty simple, you could disconnect, change server and avoid if you REALLY ACTUALLY WANTED your humanity back. bunch of whiny bitches, I bet they'll bring this feature back anyway.

There's no way to fight a popular decision: 90% of gamers are casual gamers, they usually play FPS where the purpose is only one, shot/kill your enemy. We can give any good argumentation to the "hardcore" reasons: they will no understand, because they wouldn't like to play like this (too much thinking, too slow.. etc.).

This thread will raise eventually to 900 pages, but the game will not change: it will be a stand-alone game (or a official game-mode added to Arma3), and to sell you need to give what most of the ppl wants, in this case: fire fights.

Bandit Skin:

You would become a bandit by defending yourself' date=' pushing you into killing MORE people to defend yourself more often. Meaning you stayed a bandit, and not because you wanted to, or you died and lost your stuff.

[/quote']

That is nonsense. I pushed to -36000 back in the days and a week after (after playing a lot though), i was under -20000 again including killing 2 guys.

Go stealthier instead of encountering other peole. Or do you just shoot them from a distance when they haven't seen you and call it self-defence.

Bandits should also have the option to find lootable skins so they can disguise themselves. :D