rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Better FPS for now, i do like this!

But the main issue for me is that the aggro range for zeds is way too high. Even if i'm crouching on a grassfield those things see me within a radius of 100m and sprinting towards me, though i didn't noticed them in that range. Friends of mine stopped playing for now because you cannot loot a town because every Zed's gonna see you.

I played for a few hours yesterday after the update and here my feedback:

-No problems logging in (after people updated servers)

-No loss of gear

-no noticeable change in frame rate (although It's always been nice and smooth)

-I did loads of Zombie testing and my legs are no longer made of glass! Yay!

I ran/sneaked/crawled around a few towns with just an axe to get a feel for the "infected". I found it easier to run away from them. I didn't have to find a hill or so on, I just ran for a bit into the woods and they ran out of steam, nice one! Occasionally they seemed to see me (maybe hear?) from much further away. This was usually in large open spaces though, in the middle of towns nothing seems to have changed too much. I found an invincible Zombie. It was like going 10 rounds with Mike Tyson on a bad day. He could really take some abuse! I had to run away in the end, he's still out there somewhere... There was some weird spawning where a Zed would just appear in front of me (in a barn) smack me in the face and then disappear (happened a couple of times). The Zeds basically seem slightly unstable compared to before.

The only other thing I noticed was a few spawns that I couldn't collect including my first Heli crash find! I tried everything imaginable, I just couldn't pick up that juicy gear.

Thats it for now, hope it helps.

Edited by Fraggle

Server I am playing on with 1.7.2.1: DE 229 - works pretty well here with 94700 beta patch.

Server I am playing on with 1.7.2.1: DE 229 - works pretty well here with 94700 beta patch.

Did you update with SixLauncher?

SixLauncher just made me do an update but it still shows 1.7.1.2 as outdated (and it tells me too @join). Will I have problem joining them?

sixl_kidding_1.jpg

Edited by punisher.ita

I need your knowledge guyz.

I thought the 1.7.2 would bring some content in the game.

Like :

-Bear Traps

-Some new skins

-New weapons (melee or not)

Have you seen any of that ANYWHERE?

I'm guessing it has been disabled at the moment. But maybe i'm just totally wrong and no content was meant to be add ingame.

Do you guys have any input on that?

I think i had read about it on twitter but can't find any lmention of that anymore.

The night 1.7.2 was released, i was meant to have a guillie suit but instead i had a new skin i never saw before. Not with the blurry texture from baf or PMC but all hd. It was nice. It disappeared soon after and now im just in a regular skin.

As for new weapons or beartraps, i didnt find any of that......

Did you update with SixLauncher?

SixLauncher just made me do an update but it still shows 1.7.1.2 as outdated (and it tells me too @join). Will I have problem joining them?

I updated with SixLauncher and then manually copied the 1.7.1.2 files. Launching with

%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@DayZ" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=7 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

The server also requires you to install the latest ArmA beta patch.

The problem I have noticed since build is that I keep spawning at different places. If I finish up for the night at the airfield then log in again in the morning I am spawned on the coast. All my gear is still there though.

My last position is ever saved!! Damn

Anyone else seen this?

Got spawned in debug forest only to get killed there by a random douche. Lost all my items due to this (my char was a 5 day old one with ALOT of stuff. Thought we wont be getting debug forest anymore in the update but it seems we are... Anyways I kinda rage quitted for 5 hours then logged back in to get some stuff from cherno and heading north.

Like :

-Bear Traps

-Some new skins

I'm guessing it has been disabled at the moment. But maybe i'm just totally wrong and no content was meant to be add ingame.

I think i had read about it on twitter but can't find any lmention of that anymore.

The night 1.7.2 was released, i was meant to have a guillie suit but instead i had a new skin i never saw before. Not with the blurry texture from baf or PMC but all hd. It was nice. It disappeared soon after and now im just in a regular skin.

So noOne knows?

The problem I have noticed since build is that I keep spawning at different places. If I finish up for the night at the airfield then log in again in the morning I am spawned on the coast. All my gear is still there though.

Anyone else seen this?

it happened to me a couple times. it seems all the progress I made on some servers wasn't saved. probably has something to do with the desync issues going on

So noOne knows?

the only new thing I heard about was bear traps, but I haven't seen any yet

ghillie and camo suits are bugged. if you find one, don't touch it!

the only new thing I heard about was bear traps, but I haven't seen any yet

ghillie and camo suits are bugged. if you find one, don't touch it!

Keep it but dont wear it.

I'll probably be attempting to play tomorrow with the experimental files, I'll post my test results.

Like :

-Bear Traps

-Some new skins

It was released, but it was soon after reverted so I'm guessing those minor updates (read: bear-traps etcetera) got left out for the time being. Try SE 3 with the 1.7.2 test add-on installed, they're just cloud-testing it for now to make sure everything is running appropriately and us, alpha testers, can test it out with them.

You won't find the updates (bear-traps, fps performance fixes) in any servers except CZ 1/2(?) and SE 3, until they release a hot fix.

Happy hunting.

Again spent some time in Dayz.

My experience: You ***can*** go at night, Zombies won't spot you that easy, but still they aggro more than in earlier releases. Take a walk at daylight will soon make every Zombie in radius 100m around you spot/detect you. If you are lone wolf player, this makes it extremely hard to get equipped.

I killed some Zombies with the hatchet and -so far- I got no broken bones. So it seems like this issue is fixed for now.

The Zombie spawning seems pretty broken to me. I ran around with 3 other guys and we were looting the military tents in Stary Sobor (again at night) and one Zombie did respawn in a tent one of my pals was in. The Zombie attacked him immediatly. 2 Minutes later I saw a Zombie respawning in the tent oposite to the one I was in at that moment but he despawned 2 seconds later. We decided to finish our looting and move on as it really seemed not to be safe.

BTW I think Zombies should not respawn that fast. If you cleaned out a place, Zombies should not respawn within at least 5 Minutes. And I hope that the entire Zombie population of a town does not respawn at once, but each one after the other (perhaps one each minute). You should at least be able to withdraw from a previously cleaned out place in a pretty much safe way.

still a problem with zombies causing you to bleed with just 1 hit when you're at 12k blood. makes melee weapons not very useful.

Anyone else seen this?

Yeah. I thought it was something wrong with the server. Iv also seen servers with frozen zombies. They can still attack just not move. Also some servers you cant pick up items or they dont seem to spawn. Something is really wrong right now lol

* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data

- Spawned in debug forest for first time ever on 1.7.2

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

-Had leg broken tracking infected 12 meters away, 1.7.2

* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect

-Twice lost less than half full magazines in 1.7.2

• Like 1

I love this update, the engine seems to do it's thing way smoother. Infected warping around though, but that's something I learned to adapt to. Whenever the have smooth pathing would be like a nice summer breeze :D I also noticed a lot of desyncing while playing with groups, but that might be jsut server sided.

Also it takes more bullets to take an infected down, but that might've been poor aiming on our part.

I like it so far, good job.

Hi, whats with the zeds spawn rate - when i go to dear stant alone - 3z there, we went there in team of 4 - gues what - 12 zombies there. So it is very hart in tawns to move in groups - multiply zeds in team members number.

And yes, they spawn too fast - shot one at dear stand, my mate shot one too, and in second we had 4 more. SO it goes exponentially.

Also - lots of levitating ant gliding Zeds, you see one in field and he just glides into building from like 50 meters. O some Zed glieds thrue wall when you are in.

Question, I still have to update, wich I will do manually. But I hear that are these problems with the regular Arma II game, and that the editor does not work properly.

No one of the better things with Arma is that you can edit your desktoplink with the Mods you want to start with, so I have a link with only the Vanilla version, a link with ACE and others and one linking only to DayZ. Question is, is it DayZ that is causing the problems or is it the Beta-patch that is causing the regular Arma II to act up?

If it is the latter than I am actually not that keen to update to the latest Beta-patch.

Hey how do you guys all get into the game.

Im Arma X user and thought know I can play again... but hey now instead of the "Server is running wrong..." message i have the Loading Screen all day.

i managed to play on 2 Servers but after a few minutes i lost connection.