rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Since 1.7.2 have been getting stuck at Waiting for character to create quite often and having to close ARMA and try a different server. Also I was in cherno last night and found some camo gear. When I put it on water flashed on the screen and I was swimming through the building. I logged off and back on and the survivor managed to correct himself but I'd lost everything out of my main inventory.

I too had an issue.

When I logged on after updating all my gear was gone.

After running around for a bit I logged off and back on in desperation.

When I logged back on I spawned a couple of metres in the air and immidiately fell down, broke my legs and passed out for a good minute lol.

I found that I had my equipment (minus my ghillie suit) however and when I woke up I bandaged, morphined etc and then noticed that my own body (or rather a duplicate) was lying dead on the ground at my feet.

I was able to loot my own corpse to replenish my meds and food that I used to up my blood after the bloodloss which was... nice after what happened due to a bug... but still felt like I was cheating.

Anyway, it could have been worse but things are definately odd right now after the update.

Regards,

Methos.

Some problems that I came across after spending a couple of hours on the update:

Zombies spawn too fast and right in front of you

Animals disappear while gutting them, still do the moonwalk instead of normal walking around

Zombies still come through the walls and can attack you through them.

More lag , stability problems on servers that ran just fine on the 1.7.1.5 version

Edited by JefBoy

- The zombies are a lot more likely to detect humans using their vision. I have had many instances where I would not have been detected in the older version.

- A buddy of mine could not shake a zombie on a steep hill or get the zombie to trip and fall on the down hill.

- Ever since I have been playing this mod, I have had many instance of teleporting back in time and space. I played for several hours on 10 JUL 2012 using the 1.7.2 version, the server lost connection, and I started a different server and it was as if I had not played at all. Other instances before this last patch where I teleported back about a kilometer. Once it happened, it ended up happening several times. One instance was really bad, I would keep teleporting back to the center of a medium size town. After it happened three times, I decided to switch servers.

Question, I still have to update, wich I will do manually. But I hear that are these problems with the regular Arma II game, and that the editor does not work properly.

No one of the better things with Arma is that you can edit your desktoplink with the Mods you want to start with, so I have a link with only the Vanilla version, a link with ACE and others and one linking only to DayZ. Question is, is it DayZ that is causing the problems or is it the Beta-patch that is causing the regular Arma II to act up?

If it is the latter than I am actually not that keen to update to the latest Beta-patch.

The issues reported by some people are because they keep @DayZ enabled while going other mods, mission editing, single player etc, while some anti-cheating measures were implemented recently that make those not a great experience.

Just unload DayZ when wanting to play other mods etc, and there should be no problem whatsoever.

This build seems nice, I like the new zombie behavior, well done.

I did experience a lot of heavy lag, and some frozen zombies on some of the Norway servers. I had 1 zombie spawn right in front of me too.

Now, we just need a proper long view distance, instead of that ultra short one. And some global chat enabled servers.

Edited by Zorg

not sure if its sync problem or what but me and my mates always play in a group and every 5 seconds ppl keep running/warping off everywhere guh, its a group breaker really cause we loose ppl all the time not sure if this is server or what, i think you know but we also found l85s couldnt pick it up god dam lol but yeah biggest problem is we cant play in a group really anymore killed it

The issues reported by some people are because they keep @DayZ enabled while going other mods, mission editing, single player etc, while some anti-cheating measures were implemented recently that make those not a great experience.

Just unload DayZ when wanting to play other mods etc, and there should be no problem whatsoever.

Oh then I should be fine, a good thing that Arma actually has this method of linking to the exe with mods or not in the command line of that said link.

Thanks

I have Arma x and had the loading problem but I got it to work. I installed the 94700 beta patch from here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

and the experiemental 1.7.2.1 patch from dayz: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28806-experimental-1721-test-patch/page__hl__+stuck%20+loading%20+screen#entry278236

Then you had to connect to the server with these patches on and it should work.

If all 5 people were in the wilderness then Zombies wouldn't have spawned yet.

Personally, I think the noise/sight and the agro distance should be reverted back to what they used to be, with the exception that the noise/sight levels of prone stay as they are.

• Like 1

Well since I've heard its really hell playing at day coz the zeds will notice you on 100m, I wanted to try some OA campaign missions. Didn't work. So didn't the editor. It seems the dayZ patch somehow broke it. When I tried to disable dayZ in menus in game, it didn't let me. How should i do it?

Had no issues apart from insane aggro from zombies so far will wait until the hotfix is out.

• Like 1

not sure if its sync problem or what but me and my mates always play in a group and every 5 seconds ppl keep running/warping off everywhere guh, its a group breaker really cause we loose ppl all the time not sure if this is server or what, i think you know but we also found l85s couldnt pick it up god dam lol but yeah biggest problem is we cant play in a group really anymor killed it

I actually had the exact same problem as you before the patch. Really makes it unplayable if you run with a group. But that problem was gone with the new patch.

I have replaced everything from my @DayZ with the new ones and it's not working, it loads up but it gets stuck on loading on every server I go on.

Would somebody please inform ROCKET that Yellow text on on a White IPS Forum background is so COOL that it cannot be Read.

I have replaced everything from my @DayZ with the new ones and it's not working, it loads up but it gets stuck on loading on every server I go on.

Did you also install 94700?

Disable the mod if you want to play single player, something about the latest update has #completlyrooted single player.

And as for joining a server just wait, it took 5+ minutes but I got in, when I got in I had a static camera outside the map and a respawn was all I needed to fix it.

Edited by Stevo_AU

Some problems that I came across after spending a couple of hours on the update:

Zombies spawn too fast and right in front of you

OK, that's one of my biggest pet peeves...they should never spawn right in front of you and in plain sight! Talk about killing immersion and any sense of realism. I don't get why with every major patch the zombie spawn rates are always all out of whack like this, with them respawing in never-ending waves right in front of people's faces. Shouldn't be happening.

Zombies still come through the walls and can attack you through them.

Really?? Darn, I thought this was getting fixed finally in this patch! Hate to hear that. :(

hopefully there'll be still some servers running 1.7.1.5 tonight - or a hotfix to address the big(ger) problems. I was really hoping to see a fix to the glitchy teleporting matrix-like bullet dodging zombies. Or the zombies that get so in your face your rifle is shooting through their model and not actually inflicting damage.

Yeah I get this is an alpha but it's a victim of it's own success with 500k unique players and tens of thousands playing at the same time, implementation of new code needs to be smoother. Time to call it a "beta" and have separated alpha testing, roll out smaller alpha patches.

But then again do the DayZ staff really care if a new release causes 1k or 10k people to quit? TBH I doubt I would unless they were paying customers! :P Go on guys show us some love chuck us something new...a silenced 1911 with tac-light please ;)

I and quite a few others can confirm that military offroaders have been despawned in the latest patch D:

I and quite a few others can confirm that military offroaders have been despawned in the latest patch D:

Yes, I would like to echo that, also.

Edited by andb52

Rockets already stated how missing items are due to the over zealous security tweaks. They'll be back in a fix.

For the people saying the zombies are completely broken. They're not. They're partially broken. Different, is not broken. You can no longer just stand in the middle of a field, with zombies 200 meters away all day. They WILL eventually see you. Moving or not. Rockets said several times how the mechanics work - So just because a few run at you from the distance, while others completely ignore you closer. That is actually working as intended.

However, there are a few bugs as some people have stated. The spawn rate, is a tad off. The spawn distance seems to freak out from time to time and the occasional warping zombies is an issue. That said, zombies aren't the predictable (somewhat) zombies of 1.7.1.5. You have to use the landscape to mask movements. Keep to the shadows on clear days, don't barrel through the middle of a field even crouched. You will be spotted. Again, there are a few glitches in the process, but once you get the hang of it. They (Zeds) are a lot more fun to deal with.

For the people that are just randomly dying. You may have just been shot by a ghillie suit wearing player that is still running 1.7.1.5 files. They are invisible. We found some massive exploits in this patching process which I brought to the attention of the forums on page 46 of this thread. We're not so much a group that goes out to find exploits, its actually the first we stumbled upon. But with the rate of people dying constantly last night, i'm sure there are a lot more people who know about this.

There's also the added fact that if you kill a player that is running the 1.7.1.5 files, there are no flies. You can still loot etc, We found a number of these bodies that were lootable without the flies sound. While when i died (running 1.7.2) they were there.