rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

I've had nothing but issues with this update and I even was sent to the debug forest: losing all of my inventory (not to mention the ghillie suit I lost with the update). The zombies aggro is too much now (you wake an entire city just walking around the edges). Kinda game breaking. :(

This game is suppose to be hard, the infected in the past have never been more than an afterthought. I welcome the new difficulty.

• Like 1

I've had nothing but issues with this update and I even was sent to the debug forest: losing all of my inventory (not to mention the ghillie suit I lost with the update). The zombies aggro is too much now (you wake an entire city just walking around the edges). Kinda game breaking. :(

I definitely not had that problem, stop running

You guys seriously need to relax. Half of you haven't even tried to log in and the other half are still whining about losing gear.

Get a grip. The update works fine, I spawned in the Cherno supermarket, swimming on the floor because I was wearing a Ghillie suit.

Logged out, logged back in, spawned in debug plains.

Guess what, I ran East for about 20 minutes and ended up in Zelenogorks minus a Ghillie suit, but I still have everything else, my performance is better and my game loads in about half the time it took in 1.7.1.5.

The update is fine, it's the supposedly "leet" players who are afraid to lose their gear that's the problem.

Guess what, if you're so "leet" you should be able to get your gear back in a matter of hours. I've done it, why can't you?

Stop complaining every time there's an update, or just stick with the build that worked for you.. trust me. the real players who actually care about testing the mod won't miss you shooting at them every time they spawn anyway.

I refuse to use the tired old "it's an alpha" argument.. instead how about this? It's a mod.. deal with it. :P

tl;dr I can connect and play just fine. But I'm not afraid to lose my gear so I guess that's why I took the risk and did the things needed to get my build working.

ps. love love love the new forums! :D

Edited by Cyanyde
  • Like 7

I definitely not had that problem, stop running

He probably wasn't running recklessly, there are definitely agro problems.

A few buddies and I were at the supermarket in Zelenogorsk when zombies were randomly aggroing on to us one after another.

Zombies shouldn't aggro on to proned targets from 50+ meters.

nothing was added in 1.7.2 [bear traps and rumored 2 new guns]

...they did remove a few items...

only difference is the game is a bit optimized and zeds are much better... and lots of ppl are being teleported miles away from last log out.

Edited by Deltron3O3O

Well, in terms of loot it's just wierd as it is..

From 2 firestations i found nothing but 1 thing in each.

And those two are ment to be rather rare..

In elektro the ONLY thing in the firestation was a DMR, with 2mags, that's right..

Nothing but broken crowbars in whole of elektro, and then we get to the firestation and there is a dmr there, but nothing else.

So we head up to NWAF, to find both barracks empty, exept for 1xM4A1 with no mags obviously..

So im like.. Ill go check the firestation..

And as i thought.. nothing was there.. until i hit the first floor and saw a greenbag..

Low and behold, the greenbag had a GPS..

So i ran arround with full pack, akm, dmr, g17 i got of a random tent, a gps and the works..

But it's wierd though, as none of the stuff i have were from actually loot locations, besides the DMR and GPS..

Other than that.

Love the zombie aggro part, and the visibility stuff, love it, pure and simple..

nothing was added in 1.7.2 [bear traps and rumored 2 new guns]

...they did remove a few items...

only difference is the game is a bit optimized and zeds are much better... and lots of ppl are being teleported miles away from last log out.

Hmm sorry, never got the quota about it being required for them to add something new every update. The performance all around is GREATLY improved (since I dont have a high end pc) the fps is greatly increased. Loading times are significantly faster and there are more zombies. So, they did add something new. More zombies. Now you can't say they didnt add anything anymore.

I attempted to login last night, but I was not able to. I got stuck 'Loading' for over 30 minutes. I tried a different server and ran into the same problem. I'll try again tonight and report back with any bugs or shenanigans, I can't wait to test the new hearing on the zeds!

I hope the hotfix is coming soon :D

Any Arma X user here woh is able to play on 1.7.2? My friend got Arma X and he cant get into a server. And i am too scared of loosing everything :D

Btw i like this new Forumdesign, its really awesome ;)

I just figured out how to fix the pvp problem.. keep resetting the database with every update so all the whiny COD losers will quit playing.

Then it will just be the people who actually care about the mod remaining and the problem will fix itself! :)

Thought I would let the patch settle in a bit before playing so went on a regular server I play running 1.7.1.5, spawned in with all my gear minus my ghillie.

Not complaining just thought I would add the ghillie loss seems to be on .5 now as well as 1.7.2.

Must be a server side thing.

I just figured out how to fix the pvp problem.. keep resetting the database with every update so all the whiny COD losers will quit playing.

Then it will just be the people who actually care about the mod remaining and the problem will fix itself! :)

err....thatd be a bit tedious

More difficulties :)

I was able to find the time to play for a bit this morning, and it was great.

It does seem to me that the zombie "aggro" is a bit more,... Difficult to predict, which is great. I think this "exponential" thing will work well!

In the previous version, I couldn't tell you the last time I aggro'd a zombie that I didn't mean to.

I can confirm that they still walk inside buildings (I love those triple barns near the Berezino market/hospital area.

Damn, I still can't find a vehicle.

So give us more.. Make the game more difficult. More non-bug challenges, and keep on with the bug fixes.

A salute to the web moderators, the server admins, hosting companies and the dev team as well as all of you players that make this game so fucking fun for me.

• Like 1

Bought ARMA 2 yesterday to play DAYZ after watching gameplay video's and playing in a friends house.

Downloaded it for 5 hour's and then installed it through STEAM.

Could not connect to any server once it was downloaded. My friend was having the same issue so I knew it was not just me.

Managed to get into server's today through the Six Launcher but I've noticed that not once did I have a humanity counter.

My friend has been playing a few days now and he said he didn't even know their should be a humanity counter as he'd never seen it before. I know there should be a humanity counter because I have watched many gameplay video's of DAYZ.

Are me and my friend connecting to the game properly? Has the humanity counter been removed? Have me and my friend got the wrong version of DAYZ or ARMA patch?

I'd like some information on this hotfix mentioned on the Day Z twitter which was supposed to happen once the forum came back up.

Also! wouldn't mind knowing generally, what's going down?!

Edited by Booker
  • Like 1

Bought ARMA 2 yesterday to play DAYZ after watching gameplay video's and playing in a friends house.

Could not connect to any server once it was downloaded. My friend was having the same issue so I knew it was not just me.

Managed to get into server's today through the Six Launcher but I've noticed that not once did I have a humanity counter.

My friend has been playing a few days now and he said he didn't even know their should be a humanity counter as he'd never seen it before. I know there should be a humanity counter because I have watched many gameplay video's of DAYZ.

Are me and my friend connecting to the game properly? Has the humanity counter been removed? Have me and my friend got the wrong version of DAYZ or ARMA patch?

The humanity counter has been de-activated indefinitely.

Humanity has been taken out long time ago, you've been watching old vids

I'd like some information on this hotfix mentioned on the Day Z twitter which was supposed to happen once the forum came back up.

Also! wouldn't mind know generally what's going down!

+1

err....thatd be a bit tedious

Maybe, I'll admit that I don't like starting over either, but I understand that right now the point is reporting bugs and trusting the dev team, not complaining because I lost my Ghillie suit in an update that improved almost everything about the game.

There are still issues, I'm not trying to say that the game is perfect yet.. I just can't help but notice that the people who are complaining about losing gear, are the same people who are bragging about being bandits and being dicks in-game for no reason, other than just generally being dicks..

I love the fact that zombies are a background threat when compared to other players. But the guys that spawn camp the coast with sniper rifles and kill unarmed survivors aren't the same as the guy that shoots you because you pointed your gun at him.. hell, I would shoot you in that situation too.

People need to stop playing like this mod has already gone gold, and focus on helping it get to that point.

This game is suppose to be hard, the infected in the past have never been more than an afterthought. I welcome the new difficulty.

I like the new difficulty, but I don't like the fact that sneaking into a town is near impossible without crawling in at 200 m out. If the zombies had two levels of aggro I wouldn't mind, but just start running in a horde when your not doing anything noticeable. There is hard and then there is wtf.

You guys seriously need to relax. Half of you haven't even tried to log in and the other half are still whining about losing gear.

Get a grip. The update works fine, I spawned in the Cherno supermarket, swimming on the floor because I was wearing a Ghillie suit.

Logged out, logged back in, spawned in debug plains.

Ok, glad it worked for you, but I logged in, server says I died instantly (no death screen), I spawned in debug losing everything, I lost my Ghilliei suit earlier today by logging in (not a huge deal, but disappointing). No matter what I do I lost everything. I could have ran back to town, but that doesn't do much to help the fact I lost all of my stuff. Please take your ignorant assumptions elsewhere.

Edited by blazedd

Too much latency issue with this patch, my friends are lagging and buggin out.

Is this a common problem?

Too much latency issue with this patch, my friends are lagging and buggin out.

Is this a common problem?

Yeah, i'm waiting for the hotfix