Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.20 (Change Log)

10 hours ago, lemmac said:

did someone just fart?

I'm surprised that person didn't shed fecal particles on you.  When you are right behind them, it's always best to shower asap.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, mobbie said:

Is this going fix AMD GPU issues

Sadly I don't think it will. I hope it gets fixed once and for all as I'm considering buying a new GPU by the end of the year... hopefully...

I really don't understand the masks.  What the hell does that have to do with an Eastern European Zombie Survival game?  I mean this is strictly role play level stuff that from the looks of it is done far better by several mods on the workshop.  I mean are we playing a Zombie/Survival game or going to Mardi Gras?  Might as well throw some beads to wear and allow female characters to lift their shirts and show their ta-ta's while you're at it.

• Haha 1

Well, masks were in the past so they're just reintroducing that idea. And who knows - they might even bring back old rendering method one day...

4 minutes ago, nemorus said:

Well, masks were in the past so they're just reintroducing that idea. And who knows - they might even bring back old rendering method one day...

The masks were silly then, and even more silly now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/19/2023 at 8:27 PM, clod999 said:

Fixed several exploits used to look through walls?? Really??  Still in 1.20:

I have no idea how this bug is not front and centre.

The amount of people doing this on the PS5 is so demoralising I'm not playing until they have fixed it.

You don't even need to dig up a worm. Lean into the wall, angle yourself 45 degrees and drag yourself down the wall backwards pressing yourself into the wall.

Fix this Bohemia, please.

Edited by Kyiara

10 hours ago, Derleth said:

They are made private just to avoid that they are spread to ppl who will use the exploits, that's the whole point..

It's so prevalent now that they should be working double time to get it fixed.

A friend of mine recently bought the game + Livonia and couldn't wait to get into the bunker.

He couldn't get into the bunker because of the cheating players who are camping it doing this shit.

So they take your money, and this is the experience in return.

Absolute disgrace. Hiding it is not enough. Maybe they will fix it if it's more problematic that it already is. Hit them in the player-base until they start talking I say.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I really don't understand the masks.  What the hell does that have to do with an Eastern European Zombie Survival game?  I mean this is strictly role play level stuff that from the looks of it is done far better by several mods on the workshop.  I mean are we playing a Zombie/Survival game or going to Mardi Gras?  Might as well throw some beads to wear and allow female characters to lift their shirts and show their ta-ta's while you're at it.

Easy answer to that honestly - many many players have been nagging without pause for the Payday masks to be put back in the game. They were however ripped out once DayZ hit 1.0, for licensing reasons, and since BI aren't likely to hawk up licence money for some silly bandit masks they opted to make new ones instead.

I will never use them myself, I think they're silly and out of place, but rest assured but they will be heavily used by players living out their psycho killer fantasies.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

24 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Easy answer to that honestly - many many players have been nagging without pause for the Payday masks to be put back in the game. They were however ripped out once DayZ hit 1.0, for licensing reasons, and since BI aren't likely to hawk up licence money for some silly bandit masks they opted to make new ones instead.

I will never use them myself, I think they're silly and out of place, but rest assured but they will be heavily used by players living out their psycho killer fantasies.

One advantage of the mask is that it justify kos. No need to hesitate, kos on sight.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Suggestion, make a separate bar for breath that controls how much time holding breath you can achieve:

1. If you run for a prolonged time, it slowly goes towards a minimum capacity.
2. If you are standing still, stays or goes towards the maximum capacity.
3. If you are walking, it stays near the maximum capacity.
4. If you carry too much weight, the negative effects above multiply and the gains are penalized.
5. If you are lightweight, the opposite; negative effects are not that bad and positive ones are better.

The actual capacity you have at any moment is the one depleted when using holding breath.

The stamina bar would control the same as now, except for holding breath time.

• Like 4

Hey devs, I hope that you retrieve the approach to use real values for ballistics and balance weapons using instead the CE and other subjective aspects of the game, not the objectives aspects that are how much velocity, energy, aerodynamic... has for example 7,62x39mm, 5,56x45mm, 5,45x39mm, 7,62x54mm... and so on real bullets/weapons used in the game.

There are multiple threads along the years, but here I leave one that started a few months back and was very informative thanks to some experienced users that have been around for a long time.

To end and get straight to the point, here I leave a message from that thread that @-Gews- wrote (thank you again Gews!) and was very informative to get an idea of how many the inconsistencies are in almost every weapon/caliber actually used in the game.

It's bizarre, because in many ways the game is very hardcore. The permadeath was always "hardcore" but it's also the mechanics. For one example, loading ammunition round by round into your magazines, having to take the magazine into your hand to do it? Even Tarkov doesn't have this.

Then you look at the weapon ballistics and it's just complete nonsense, hardly based on real life at all. Same or worse as in games like PUBG and Battlefield 1. Both those titles have correct muzzle velocities, by the way. Why do they make some stuff so "hardcore" and other stuff you would expect to be "authentic", like ballistics, it has no relation to real life? And by the way, it used to be realistic values. The development direction is extremely inconsistent!

From data on WOBO's tools, left some out...

Pioneer 977.5m/s this weapon has a shorter barrel than "AUR A1", but it's shooting 255 m/s faster. Over 800 feet per second. In real life this would result in 83% more kinetic energy. LOL!
CR 550 Savanna should be about 860-865 m/s.
M 70 885.5m/s should be about 870-875 m/s.
SSG 82 880m/s should be about 980 m/s. It's right there on Wikipedia.
AUR AX 850m/s too slow, should be about 940 m/s.
LE MAS 850m/s should be about 940 m/s.
M16 850m/s why are they all so slow? Should be about 940 m/s.
Mosin 9130 824.25m/s should be about 860 m/s.
Blaze 808.5m/s slow, should be about 860-865 m/s.
VSD 785m/s too slow, should be about 835 m/s.
CR 527 768m/s too fast,18.5" barrel, should be about 730 m/s.
KA 101 765m/s again so slow. should be about 900 m/s. Extra couple inches barrel vs the M4.
M4A1 765m/s sloooow. Should be about 880 m/s.
AUR A1 722.5m/s this 5.56 weapon has a 20-inch barrel, why did the devs give it AKM speed? Should be ~940 m/s.
KA 74 704m/s should be 900 m/s. 
SK 5966 704m/s should be more like 750 m/s.
LAR 693m/s extremely slow! should be more like 840 m/s.
BK 18 672m/s extremely slow! should be more like 760 m/s.
Longhorn 616m/s extremely slow! should be more like 780 m/s.
KAM 576m/s crazy slow. Some air rifles are faster. Should be 715 m/s.
Repeater 550m/s this one is actually correct for 158 gr ammo.
KAS 74U 501.6m/s should be 735 m/s.
Deagle 440m/s this is not bad.
Sporter 22 425.5m/s not outlandish, but pretty spicy, I would put about 375.
Magnum 396m/s again not bad.
Derringer 352m/s and again! it's not bad!
Sawed Off Magnum 352m/s should be NONE. The existence of this weapon is moronic.
CR 75 350m/s not too bad.
Mlock 91 350m/s not too bad.
CR 61 Skorpion 345m/s too fast compared to IJ 70, barrel is not that much longer. Maybe +15-20 m/s.
VSS AP 320m/s not a big deal, should be more like 290.
P1 Pistol 315m/s it's way too slow, longer barrel than "Mlock 91" or "CR 75" but it's 45 m/s slower...
MK II 314.5m/s way too fast, this pistol actually has a very short ported barrel under that silencer... it should be around 260-270 m/s, IIRC.
IJ 70 300m/s not bad.
VSS 280m/s not bad, would put 290 again.
USG 45 273m/s not bad.
Kolt 1911 260m/s not bad.

But then if you sort that out you can examine "authenticity" problems with the health damage, SHOCK damage, armor damage,  air friction (ballistic coefficient)... oof.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Yes there was a lot of suggestions over the years and developers proved that its pointless to suggest anything. There is no response from the dev team at all. Their way od doing things is always the same: one step forward and two steps back without any discussion.

Let's carry on talking about realistic bullet ballistics and ignore the fact you are able to easily SEE THROUGH THE MAJORITY OF WALLS in the game.

4 hours ago, nemorus said:

Yes there was a lot of suggestions over the years and developers proved that its pointless to suggest anything. There is no response from the dev team at all. Their way od doing things is always the same: one step forward and two steps back without any discussion.

Suggesting fixes of long standing errors/glitches/exploits, yes, you are correct, but I have to give them some credit.  I mean they do release fashion updates fairly regularly.  They've moved beyond hats and pants and gone to masks now, I mean they are listening, to whom and why is where there is a disconnect.  But hey, new hats! Masks!

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Haha 2

Wow, I must admit...the masks are AMAZING!!!!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better gift from these fantastic developers at BI headquarters. Now that vehicles have been polished to utter perfection, what else is there to do but celebrate? But a celebration is lame without costumes! So of course, we get these masterfully crafted masks to express our joy as we cruise down the freeway. Wow, just wow. You outdid yourselves this time, BI. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I very much enjoy the altered spawn and more vehicles EXP server. Thanks to that I was able to actually experiment 😉 In the future, please always have a server like this, focused on what you need feedback on. 

Of all the things that should be fixed in DayZ 1.20.... hackers are still not on the agenda....

In addition, we are testing to see if Database security has been fixed in 1.20.  I'm betting not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

*Dev's getting ready to start on 1.2 update.* "You know what we need in the game that people are just dying to have? Mime Masks." -Said no Dayz player ever.

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Of all the things that should be fixed in DayZ 1.20.... hackers are still not on the agenda....

In addition, we are testing to see if Database security has been fixed in 1.20.  I'm betting not.

There's really no evidence to trust this video the players who died could have created a fraudulent video with their friend as admin just to spite the developers for not adding the game feature they begged for in Early Access. Don't blindly believe everything you watch on the Internet.

Edited by DayZWarrior1932
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1