Kyiara

Stable Update 1.19

23 hours ago, DayZWarrior1932 said:

Cars just got fixed in 1.19 and they work great besides some lingering issues!

One could debate that those issues (and other issues) shouldn't be released on the supposed "Stable" branch of the game, right?

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2022 at 3:01 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

Playing on a server by yourself is not a very good test of the new vehicles... just sayin'

I dont play on community servers, I play on official both on PlayStation and PC. Just sayin lol 🙄😏😒

On 10/29/2022 at 7:33 PM, Riddick_2K said:

You are a "fake" account in the pay of the B.I. or are you really convinced of what you are writing?
If the first is true: ha ha ha... 😕
If the second is true: I recommend a visit to a "good" psychiatrist or "detox" from video games, they have a bad effect on you...

😕

Watch that tongue kiddo or I'll show you the meaning of "bad effect".

• Confused 1

On 10/29/2022 at 8:52 PM, DefectiveWater said:

One could debate that those issues (and other issues) shouldn't be released on the supposed "Stable" branch of the game, right?

Wrong! If the devs waited for all the bugs to be fixed before Stable release they'd never release a patch! That right there proves I'm right.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

No point in feeding the trolls. Dude clearly doesn't play Dayz.

Right call names when you have no valid counter-argument. I just so happen to be one of the most dangerous veteran bandits in DayZ. That's right, I'm your worst nightmare come true.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DayZWarrior1932 said:

Right call names when you have no valid counter-argument. I just so happen to be one of the most dangerous veteran bandits in DayZ. That's right, I'm your worst nightmare come true.

Real trolls don't keep making new accounts.  Real trolls don't have to.  How many accounts is this for you now?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DayZWarrior1932 said:

Sure tough guy. You aren't doing anything new. You are on the way to a being blocked by most of the forum, which in turn will make this place boring for you. Then you will go somewhere else to try again.

Sad

• Haha 1

Any word on when the swapping tire thing is going to be fixed?  I have a truck with a bad transmission and pristine wheels, and another with a pristine transmission and only 2 wheels.   

• Beans 1

16 hours ago, Parazight said:

Real trolls don't keep making new accounts.  Real trolls don't have to.  How many accounts is this for you now?

Settle down now youngster. Baseless accusations are no replacement for counter-arguments. Oh wait, I forgot, you don't have any!

Burden of proof is on you homie. Not us. Try to prove your point. We'll give you a chance little buddy.

10 hours ago, DayZWarrior1932 said:

Settle down now youngster. Baseless accusations are no replacement for counter-arguments. Oh wait, I forgot, you don't have any!

• Like 1

Sadly I was killed twice trying to enter the bunker, so I am salty and cannot comment on the inside experience.

I like the changes with vehicles a lot. The stability even on full (official) servers is way better for me and flying issues and jumping are no longer noticable, although I didn´t try a lot to provoke them in the limited time I had. It was quite fun trying to drift around curves with the Gunter and Ada on Chernarus and Livonia. Of course I crashed some cars, but that was mostly to not seeing obstacles/treestumps and no noticable glitch issues. The Radiator isnt fixable but I was able to find a few in bigger towns easily and when I repaired the car, I looted a vehicle part stash before driving more risky. Even died through collision and ran back to drag my body out of the car, loot myself and after repairing, carried on. Driving a car makes you a shooting gallery. Although that seems standard on official servers nowadays, car or not. Most people I met tried to KOS me. But I digress....

Also I like the reduced durability of items even if that makes the repair items more valuable and mandatory to carry. Its sad, that we cannot repair some tools, like hammers, gardening hoes, pickaxes and shovels yet, though I think it would be logical to be able to repair them. Single Item or a combination like an axe + plank, (to make a new stick for the tool) or a whetstone to sharpen the metal could be done with existing methods. Considering the crowbar and saws are already repairable with a whetstone, I hope the other items stay on the list for a method to be added to them as well.

Please consider making the basebuilding Items more durable on use. It just doesnt seem right that a pristine shovel is used up as quickly as it is, while shoveling crates. Alternatively the tools could wear down slower, if used for their "intended" purpose vs using them as a weapon. The Addition of the blowtorch makes me hope there is more good things to come. Being able to repair the cooking pot is a much needed addition.

The average lower quality guns you find is a challenging change too. Equals more decisions to make, depending on what you already found. Together with the fact that ammo is found in smaller stacks and its harder to find high caliber rounds in the lower loot tier zones now, I might for example take the badly damaged CR-527 over a damaged SSG-82 because the ammo for the CR is more common in lower loot tier zones and weapon cleaning kits are more common than before.

Overall a massive Update with a lot of improvements. The Devs deserve some respect here, although of course theres more stuff left to fix. But as a 2k hour casual longtimer, I am happy with the progress.

Next please: Improve base building and repair patch, with a Bunker on Chernarus :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

Burden of proof is on you homie. Not us. Try to prove your point. We'll give you a chance little buddy.

I like the changes with vehicles a lot. The stability even on full (official) servers is way better for me and flying issues and jumping are no longer noticable, although I didn´t try a lot to provoke them in the limited time I had. It was quite fun trying to drift around curves with the Gunter and Ada on Chernarus and Livonia. Of course I crashed some cars, but that was mostly to not seeing obstacles/treestumps and no noticable glitch issues. The Radiator isnt fixable but I was able to find a few in bigger towns easily and when I repaired the car, I looted a vehicle part stash before driving more risky. Even died through collision and ran back to drag my body out of the car, loot myself and after repairing, carried on. Driving a car makes you a shooting gallery. Although that seems standard on official servers nowadays, car or not. Most people I met tried to KOS me. But I digress....

I'm afraid the proof is in the pudding sweetie-pie. But in case that wasn't already enough we got my boy DrZZzZzZt spitting facts with an eye witness account, closing the case once and for all. In the words of Todd Howard, "It just works."

Edited by DayZWarrior1932
  • Sad 1

PC 1.19 Update 3 - Version 1.19.155463 (Released on 03.11.2022)
GAME

FIXED

• Fixed an exploit to glitch the character through walls
  • Ladders in tight spaces might have had issues with climbing
  • Infected were not properly de-spawning from convoys on Livonia
  • Throwing items could lead to a character glitch
  • It was possible to glitch the character when exiting a ladder while running out of stamina
  • The glowplug was visible and accessible through the closed hood of the M1025
  • The trigger of the SSG 82 did not move when triggered (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T168269)
  • The inventory scrolling would reset to the top at every re-opening (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T168060)
  • Fixed a collision at a ladder in large tenement buildings that could result in players falling off
  • Changing ADS while holding breath could result in desynchronization
  • Fixed a server crash related to item placement

CHANGED

SERVER

• Fixed: Placement objects could not properly be stacked with disableIsCollidingCheck enabled
  • Fixed: Custom spawning of the water reservoir would result in problematic rotation of the water surface

KNOWN ISSUES

• Vehicles spawn with wheels, wheels cannot be removed nor damaged (this is an intended, temporary change)
  • this change is also recommended for community servers to ensure vehicle stability
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lynn.zaw said:

Damaged ammunition can no longer be repaired using the weapon cleaning kit

Interesting. Can't wait to see what they will do with it. As others suggested, it would be nice to see ammo malfunction that requires the user to manually cycle the bolt to eject the round.

I wonder if we will get this old round sorting feature back:

unknown.png

Edited by DefectiveWater

Its still too easy to get items from badly damaged to worn/prestine.  

All you need is a few pristine or worn items that stack in inventory. Mix and match away till all you have is pristine items. 

6 hours ago, lynn.zaw said:

It happened to me that I was reloading a Worn mag the other day and it went to Damaged as I was reloading.Maybe I reloaded with damaged ammo I did not pay attention.I hope this solves the problem I described as well.

2 hours ago, Pavlos Ge said:

It happened to me that I was reloading a Worn mag the other day and it went to Damaged as I was reloading.Maybe I reloaded with damaged ammo I did not pay attention.I hope this solves the problem I described as well.

When you load a mag it wears down mag durability state. The more times you load it, the more it gets damaged. Yours was probably barely worn and turned to damaged once you kept loading it.

Edited by DefectiveWater

I wish I could repair my Badly Damaged Cooking Pot by cleaning it with a rag.  Seems reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe that this patch was released, it is by far the worst with a shed load of bugs and slow fixes, I have seen that they have put some fixes out, but nothing that has been affecting me.  Food poisoning hasn't been fixed as I'm on day 4 and still have not got rid of it.  Item placement is just getting worse, Cargos have rev counter problems and when you stop and get out when you think it is in neutral oh no you might be in reverse or first.  These are the things that are important to me, not a new area or pew pew or random event.  They take away from the important thing of fixing the game and making it work.  And yes I have reported them, but is it going to be another year before they look into these problems?

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

14 minutes ago, Fing said:

I can't believe that this patch was released, it is by far the worst with a shed load of bugs and slow fixes, I have seen that they have put some fixes out, but nothing that has been affecting me.  Food poisoning hasn't been fixed as I'm on day 4 and still have not got rid of it.  Item placement is just getting worse, Cargos have rev counter problems and when you stop and get out when you think it is in neutral oh no you might be in reverse or first.  These are the things that are important to me, not a new area or pew pew or random event.  They take away from the important thing of fixing the game and making it work.  And yes I have reported them, but is it going to be another year before they look into these problems?

Again, welcome to DayZ development.  Where the focus is on the new shiny gun or masculine hat.  Nevermind, cars haven't been fixed in 4 years.  Ballistics is an absolute shitshow.  You STILL, (ie since the earliest Alpha (over 8 years ago)) can't shoot through certain trees and bushes.  And a host of other things you shouldn't worry about, like hackers exploiting ESP for profit and fun, or the most rudimentary database security protocols were never implemented allowing ANY 5 year old to completely corrupt ANY server they feel like.  Yes, isn't this great?!?!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Nevermind, cars haven't been fixed in 4 years.

They got fixed in 1.19 in case you haven't read the update. They work perfect now aside from some minor lingering issues!

• Sad 1

that is not right! I saw an ada flip, we kept getting stuck when getting out of the Humvee and the Humvee didn't start on the slightest incline in the terrain, the glow plug broke after 5 minutes of drivin...ö super realistic 😉.. gearshift sometimes doesn't work, M3S truck has zero power if it goes a bit uphill you can overtake him while walking, cooler repair doesn't work either.. all in all modders are doing pioneering work here, the devs should ask them how to program vehicles correctly 😉 

• Thanks 1