Kyiara

Stable Update 1.19

On 11/2/2022 at 11:38 PM, DayZWarrior1932 said:

But in case that wasn't already enough we got my boy DrZZzZzZt spitting facts with an eye witness account, closing the case once and for all. In the words of Todd Howard, "It just works."

Well no, that´s not what I wanted to express. Given the six hours or so, that I played 1.19, I´d rather describe the experience as "works for me". Look, I´m a casual who doesn´t have a lot of time anymore to play the game and I´m far from saying that all is good with DayZ. All I wanted is to give some general feedback on the changes, make some suggestions and express some gratitude for what the devs spent the last three to four months of their worklife on. During my playtime, I had a blast with 1.19.  If I´d be playing more hours or wanted to run a server community for example, I´d probably have different needs and expectations regarding the gamestate and stability as well. Quite different perspectives. You´re welcome.

On 11/4/2022 at 3:41 PM, DayZWarrior1932 said:

They got fixed in 1.19 in case you haven't read the update. They work perfect now aside from some minor lingering issues!

Vehicles are NOT FIXED.  Sugar coat it any damn way you want.

On our server with a server FPS tick rate of over 6000, we routinely see vehicles do what that humvee was doing.  And btw, before someone says our server specs suck, we are running an 11900k with 32 gb ram and an m.2 drive.  It runs at 5 Ghz across 8 cores, no hyperthreading.  It runs ONE instance of DayZ.  Server is new and we have 10 to 12 player regularly on it.  I was driving an Olga, and for no reason, it started doing that wobbly thing.  Server Tick rate was around 6200 at the time.  My ping was 8 ms, because the server is in my home.  Bottom line at this point,  The new cars is basically the old cars with less immediate deaths.  Death is coming in vehicles, you can bank on it.  It's just slightly more a matter of time.

This should HAVE NEVER been pushed to stable.  My signature is still accurate!

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After playing in stable (1PP vanilla only) for a time and now that there are a few hotfixes, here I leave my two cent of the patch:

1. Inertia: Took me a couple of days to adapt to but now thinking of, it is such a great addition that makes movement less arcade and more appropriate for the game, apart from the bugs remaining that I am sure will be fixed eventually. I personally haven't experienced any major one, as I have watched in some videos.
  2. Damaged state: At first I thought it was too harsh to find most of the stuff damaged, but now I think it is just right because it is not that difficult to find reparable items (they have been increased I believe). Also makes you have to choose wisely what you need and carry. My theory is that in the apocalypse, only the crappy and damaged stuff was left behind and remains in the world. Very good change.
  3. Impact sounds: Little great detail. Thinking of nades they are perfect for this. I even tried to confuse a survivor to make he thinks I was trowing a nade inside, and it was actually something else.
  4. GPS receiver: It is good apart from that I think the coordinates should be made a bit more immersive as I posted in this ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T167801
  5. Slowed sun rise and dawn: This is from a few updates ago, but just wanted to say it is great. Before it used to be very fast. Now, rising and dawn of the sun and the light feels more natural.
  6. Bunker and darkness: Perfect, I think underground stuff is what was needed. I hope for the UAZ and underground bunker in Chernarus now. I have to say I haven't got the opportunity to explore the bunker yet, but I will keep trying. Livonia new locations are also a welcome fresh air to the map.
  7. Color variants for plate carrier: We need this not only for plate carriers but for other gear stuff (clothing, weapons...) Spray paint and proper leather tanning please!
  8. Bleeding indicator in HUD: I dislike it and have it turned off, thank you for making it an option.
  9. Ballistics: Very bad, worse than before. It's still going back and forward in changing the values, distancing even more from real ones. Just one example: doesn't make sense that 5,45x39 mm shot from a AK74 is 704 m/s and from the AK74U is 501 m/s when this bullet should have its real base velocity of 914 m/s with a slight variation between AK74 and AK74U because of barrel length. This is just one example, and almost all calibers/guns in the game have very fake values. For someone interested, here I posted a thread about it a few weeks ago. https://forums.dayz.com/topic/253674-why-dont-use-real-values-in-weapon-ballistics/

Thanks and keep it going!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I really hope they fix this non-removable wheel part soon.

Otherwise unless a car spawns with all 4 wheels attached, it's useless 😞

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nenic said:

I really hope they fix this non-removable wheel part soon.

Otherwise unless a car spawns with all 4 wheels attached, it's useless 😞

Don't hurry. I bet they will done something the way it worster that it has right now in the game.

Everything may get be worster 😄

• Beans 2

17 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Don't hurry. I bet they will done something the way it worster that it has right now in the game.

Everything may get be worster 😄

I could not agree more... worster seems to be the BI way. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Exactly! So as we know there's no limit for the top same as for the bottom (better and worster quality of of content/updates). So don't hurry everything may get to the worst state xD

2 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

i admire your endurance. personally i would have moved on years ago to another game or quit gaming at all.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Exactly! So as we know there's no limit for the top same as for the bottom (better and worster quality of of content/updates). So don't hurry everything may get to the worst state xD

Maybe you should write in your native language and then translate it.  It might be easier to understand you. 

2 hours ago, etwas said:

i admire your endurance. personally i would have moved on years ago to another game or quit gaming at all.

A lot of people think I come here just to bash the devs and that is it.  I actually LOVE what this game could be.  It could be the best game of it's niche.  But unfortunately, the decisions from the BI execs have done waaaay more harm than good, and some of the most mind-numbingly dumb development decisions that have been made... make this game an "almost" game.  I simply call balls and strikes.  BI has a way of striking out like no other game company I follow.  It's the first game company I have seen that spent  almost 6 years in Alpha, then suddenly went to a Beta release for 30 days, then went full release.  That, in and of itself, was literally when the shit hit the toilet water.  But the reasoning (lies told by BI)for the player controller was another HUGE debacle for the game.  They literally dumbed a PC game down so the console folks could buy in.  Yep, Tencent made damn sure of that. And they said it would make things better, yeah, for their pocket books and to make the game more approachable to casual players.  Modding is literally, the only thing saving this game.  It really is a damn shame that the modding community knows what the game could be so much better than the people who actually write the code for the base game.  There's only so much modders can do, like they can't fix vehicle physics, and at this point, apparently neither can the developers.

Look, again, I love the game, I am holding out hope for one thing and one thing alone.... that the developers will fix the things that really matter.  Fix the vehicles, fix the damn server security exploits.  Think outside the box and come up with a way to fix ESP/cheating for non-admins... that would be a HUGE plus.

I was watching Fresh Spawns live stream today, and a hacker showed up on the server they were playing and took every gun from every player on the server, whether it was in their hands or on their back.  Yep they took every weapon.  60 people on the server at the time and everyone except the hackers had their weapon taken.  There is nothing more frustrating in an open world game with permadeath than cheaters.  BI said their would be sanity checks, there are not, speed running hackers are literally everywhere on official.  Basic database security was never implemented on the server, so you don't even need a DayZ client to connect to the server and push JUNK DATA into the database and destroy the server.  The script children even made a very simple executable you can use to do it, or run a simple Python Script. and it's available for free for anyone to use.  In any tech industry, that would be a fire able offense to just not protect the database resource.  Yet BI just keeps moving along like it's no big deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Maybe you should write in your native language and then translate it.  It might be easier to understand you. 

Especially for you:

Знаешь, нет придела совершенству, как и нет придела для ужаса, как нет придела совершенству и отватительному состоянию, так что - не спеши, всё может стать ещё хуже 🙂

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

But the reasoning (lies told by BI)for the player controller was another HUGE debacle for the game.  They literally dumbed a PC game down so the console folks could buy in.

Disagree with this but I do agree with everything else.

The switch from alpha > beta > "full" release was waaaaay too quick. I think there might be an article or two on the interwebs where even the dev(s) said themselves that it shouldn't have happened, but it is what it is...
I personally still consider it an alpha or beta game. Makes it easier to explain the issues when my friends ask me about the game lol.

Luckily as you said, modding adds a lot to the game. I personally find vanilla pretty stale at the moment and I enjoy modded servers with some extra clothing options and some old WW2 guns (no OP 50 cals).

Edited by DefectiveWater

56 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Disagree with this but I do agree with everything else.

You can disagree, but it absolutely was the unspoken reason.  The game would not work on consoles without the player controller being rewritten.  That's when the game became VERY arcadey and lost a good portion of it's hardcore feel.  Not to mention, the constant meddling with reducing damage by ballistics, I could go on and on.  The game was never meant to be played on consoles or by console gamers.  Tencent threw some money at BI and now they needed to bring the game to consoles to make the Chinese businessmen happy.  But to keep the console folks happy, they had to make it a little more like PUBG in some aspects so they could drop in and out of the game as they felt.  It was too hardcore for that audience.  The player control fix was the excuse to dumb the game down for consoles.  DayZ fans were lied to.  I understand that is my opinion, but it's not just my opinion.  At the time most fans picked up on it, Reddit and this forum was full of people pissed that we had been duped. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

The game would not work on consoles without the player controller being rewritten.  That's when the game became VERY arcadey and lost a good portion of it's hardcore feel.

I'm sure they'll work on movement again in the future. The only reason movement was so arcadey was because they never really finished it (thankfully we got inertia 4 years after the "full" release).

"This doesn’t mean we’ve slowed a player down more when they’re walking through rough terrain. While it’s something we’d like to do eventually, it was beyond the scope of this update."
https://dayz.com/article/game-update/1-19-Experimental-Release

Every hardcore aspect of the game got gutted during engine switch (gunplay too), probably because it was never really finished and it still isn't. It was rushed to be playable as soon as possible.

Edited by DefectiveWater

2 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Especially for you:

Знаешь, нет придела совершенству, как и нет придела для ужаса, как нет придела совершенству и отватительному состоянию, так что - не спеши, всё может стать ещё хуже 🙂

Yes, but this is an English speaking forum.  I asked you to also translate.  Use Google Translate or some other, please.  

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Parazight said:

Yes, but this is an English speaking forum.  I asked you to also translate.  Use Google Translate or some other, please.  

1st don't be a nazi coz there's no any specific rules about language.

2nd u self know url, get there and translate, that's not so hard then you expect.

• Beans 1

I spent part of last weekend playing DayZ on both XBOX and Playstation... now I'm really not trying to be a dick here, but you console folks.  Seriously, just, seriously, how do you play this game?  I have seen bad ports before and while DayZ is not a bad port in the traditional sense, it is awful regarding controls, and server environment.  Oh my God, it is absolutely terrible.  Not only that, the servers you guys have to play on are pretty much pure dogshit.  I mean full blown, in your face, greasy dog crap. We tried to find a car, but all I saw was some unfortunate soul flying in the distance.   Par for the course.   It doesn't surprise me that BI gets away with this kind of crap, but it does surprise me that the console folks do not have pitchforks and torches out.  Maybe they don't know how great the game can run with good server hardware.... I don't know, but the waiting on buildings to load in is just awful.  The lag, and I was on fiber at the time, is horrendous, we played 8 different servers on both consoles and it was lag city.  Went over to PC and it was buttery smooth on an official vanilla server.  I then switched to a community owned vanilla server and it was even better, of course, I knew that already, but hey, I wanted to my friends to see what they are missing.

But the controls on both XBOX and PS are as good as they can be with a controller, I guess.  But this game was never meant to be played this way, it is obvious.  Console guys why are you not rioting in the streets?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

1st don't be a nazi coz there's no any specific rules about language.

2nd u self know url, get there and translate, that's not so hard then you expect.

Did you just call me a Nazi?   Kindly go fuck yourself. 

Once again, this is an English speaking forum. And your English is not good at all. I simply suggested to articulate in your own language, then translate, because you are difficult to understand as-is.  But if you want to continue to distract from the content of your message because your English is abysmal, then fine. Then people will gladly ignore you. Good luck. 

28 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I spent part of last weekend playing DayZ on both XBOX and Playstation... now I'm really not trying to be a dick here, but you console folks.  Seriously, just, seriously, how do you play this game?  I have seen bad ports before and while DayZ is not a bad port in the traditional sense, it is awful regarding controls, and server environment.  Oh my God, it is absolutely terrible.  Not only that, the servers you guys have to play on are pretty much pure dogshit.  I mean full blown, in your face, greasy dog crap. We tried to find a car, but all I saw was some unfortunate soul flying in the distance.   Par for the course.   It doesn't surprise me that BI gets away with this kind of crap, but it does surprise me that the console folks do not have pitchforks and torches out.  Maybe they don't know how great the game can run with good server hardware.... I don't know, but the waiting on buildings to load in is just awful.  The lag, and I was on fiber at the time, is horrendous, we played 8 different servers on both consoles and it was lag city.  Went over to PC and it was buttery smooth on an official vanilla server.  I then switched to a community owned vanilla server and it was even better, of course, I knew that already, but hey, I wanted to my friends to see what they are missing.

But the controls on both XBOX and PS are as good as they can be with a controller, I guess.  But this game was never meant to be played this way, it is obvious.  Console guys why are you not rioting in the streets?

Yea it’s bad. The original player controller was just fine. So was driving.  Organic player experiences were a reality. Not possible with how console is set up. Multiple accounts and no permadeath.  Names above your head? Wtf. Total compromise. 

True no rules about language, but you're gonna have a hard time here with anything other than english.

2 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

True no rules about language, but you're gonna have a hard time here with anything other than english.

Yeah its simple, want people to react or discuss? Better post it in english, nobody is gonna copy paste a spanish/russian text to have it translated. 

The people who break the norm should adapt. 

When I said that this was an English speaking forum, I was quoting past moderators. So I guess, seeing that there are no longer moderators here, do whatever!

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

On 11/9/2022 at 3:04 PM, DefectiveWater said:

I'm sure they'll work on movement again in the future. The only reason movement was so arcadey was because they never really finished it (thankfully we got inertia 4 years after the "full" release).

"This doesn’t mean we’ve slowed a player down more when they’re walking through rough terrain. While it’s something we’d like to do eventually, it was beyond the scope of this update."
https://dayz.com/article/game-update/1-19-Experimental-Release

Every hardcore aspect of the game got gutted during engine switch (gunplay too), probably because it was never really finished and it still isn't. It was rushed to be playable as soon as possible.

Hardcore aspects were toned down or removed due to the console money and FOR the console money only.  None of that happened until Tencent gave BI money, that is a cold, hard fact.  The game suffered to include console players.  The facts are clearly laid out in this forum and on Reddit.  The player controller was thrown out and rewritten so XBOX and Playstation Controllers would work properly... period.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2022 at 8:54 AM, THEGordonFreeman said:

Vehicles are NOT FIXED.  Sugar coat it any damn way you want.

On our server with a server FPS tick rate of over 6000, we routinely see vehicles do what that humvee was doing.  And btw, before someone says our server specs suck, we are running an 11900k with 32 gb ram and an m.2 drive.  It runs at 5 Ghz across 8 cores, no hyperthreading.  It runs ONE instance of DayZ.  Server is new and we have 10 to 12 player regularly on it.  I was driving an Olga, and for no reason, it started doing that wobbly thing.  Server Tick rate was around 6200 at the time.  My ping was 8 ms, because the server is in my home.  Bottom line at this point,  The new cars is basically the old cars with less immediate deaths.  Death is coming in vehicles, you can bank on it.  It's just slightly more a matter of time.

This should HAVE NEVER been pushed to stable.  My signature is still accurate!

Bad drivers and amateur server configuration. You can't expect the devs to fix that.

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2022 at 3:37 PM, DayZWarrior1932 said:

Bad drivers and amateur server configuration. You can't expect the devs to fix that.

Keep playing Minecraft, cupcake.  Don't interrupt the adults.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1