Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.15 (Changelog)

@Kyiara

I'm just going to leave these here. The minor 1.15 release and the new hitbox indicator has generated the most "discussion" in recent memory (ok, there were 42 duplicate posts asking about the Halloween flies)

• Thanks 1

Personally, I'd have the directional blood splatters be replaced with something that works along with the vignette change, maybe even have more vignette be applied to whichever direction you got shot/hit from. Have it be subtle, but noticeable to the very trained eye. And as the latter post says in helpthedeadwalk's post, "it's not a bad idea, but rather a poor execution."
As always, the community can help build onto that idea! 😊

Edited by Masgel
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

Ah nice... community split over something that nobody even asked for. GJ!

And we all know that most if not all community servers will just disable that BS outright. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/5/2021 at 3:56 PM, Parazight said:

Will there be a wipe with this update moving to stable?

it'll be announced whether they will or not closer to the date pal. that's what they have done before.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

it'll be announced whether they will or not closer to the date pal. that's what they have done before.

the answer is already given in this exact thread.

repeating: "Hi, there will be no wipe with 1.15 Update."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, etwas said:

But is that Experimental Update, or Stable Update?

because of the date of the tweet and the release of Experimental Update are on the same day.

43 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

But is that Experimental Update, or Stable Update?

because of the date of the tweet and the release of Experimental Update are on the same day.

It is for stable

• Like 1

3 hours ago, etwas said:

nice one 👍 at least I get to keep my sick camp. 

On 11/6/2021 at 4:06 AM, Astalonte said:

DAYZ HAS to be a hardcore experience and you need to get out of the situations with skills and some luck. It has been like that for years and years PLEASE PLEASE dont change a core game mechanic that invalidate the amazing sound design and the hardness of the fight.

For the sake of hardcore DayZ fans, it shouldn't be added to the game. I personally don't really care but it would be a swift kick in the nuts to the people who truly love this game for what it is

On 11/6/2021 at 10:06 AM, RZ0R said:

It's a shame as they're probably going to butcher this game in the name of accessibility

Fleeting players still won't stick around because it doesn't have the glitz of most other modern day games, and the few people that did see something in DayZ will depart for something else too.

The last 3 updates have been evidence of this. It's not even hard to survive any more.

DayZ has turned a corner.

Personally I haven't turned it on since 1.14 dropped. They made a mess of the loot at that point IMO.

I feel for the devs really. DayZ probably shouldn't exist in 2021, we're lucky it does. They're probably trying to see if they can made it work to bring the players in. They're damned if they do or don't.

Have you tested this feature? It won't change nothing for you.

On 11/6/2021 at 2:35 PM, Astalonte said:

There is a poll now. Almost a thousand people voted.

How many of these people joined experimental? Take this poll with a grain of salt.
People are acting like they will remove Zeds from the game. It won't change nothing for you, trust me.

Edited by Ermanhaut
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ermanhaut said:

People are acting like they will remove Zeds from the game. It won't change nothing for you, trust me.

They actually removed infected for a few months a couple of years ago. 

And with the damage the way it is, if you're not wearing armor you gonna die after first round comes flying at you. Most ppl will be dead before they know where it was coming from anyway.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ermanhaut said:

How many of these people joined experimental? Take this poll with a grain of salt.

If it changes nothing, and so far after a few hours on experimental it really doesn't, then it is redundant and should not be in the game. It changes nothing but it still looks terrible. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

And with the damage the way it is, if you're not wearing armor you gonna die after first round comes flying at you. Most ppl will be dead before they know where it was coming from anyway.

I remember being downvoted all the time when I said 96 damage for M4 is way too much. People were saying stuff like "this isn't cod" "dayz is a hardcore game" "if you get shot irl you die" "did you ever get shot?"

Just make 7.62x39 better VS flesh, and 5.56 better VS armor when you take ROF, time to kill an armored enemy, and damage into account.
Where 7.62x39 should one tap up close, 5.56 shouldn't. But 5.56 is going to take down armored enemies quicker due to higher firerate of the M4.

The only issue with this is the fact that pioneer is 5.56. It's gonna be bad. So my suggestion might not be the solution. M16 might become the worst AR too then.
It would be fine if pioneer shot something between 5.56 and .308, and then we need another round type and 1 or 2 guns for that new round type, and it's fine.
Seems like this would be a lot of work, but at least if you ask me it would be the best solution to this issue (but yeah... you need a new round type and new guns to use those rounds).

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

If it changes nothing, and so far after a few hours on experimental it really doesn't, then it is redundant and should not be in the game. It changes nothing but it still looks terrible. 

It won't change for you, but a deaf person could play a little bit better now. They'll be able to react to it. A newbie would know wich direction to run (i assume opposite from the gunshot, but who knows). The game should improve for experienced players and newbies, wich is exactly what they're aiming for. Too much comotion for something futile.
Besides, they can always make this a toggleable feature. And the current effects are clearly placeholders (i hope)

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Just now, Ermanhaut said:

It won't change for you, but a deaf person could play a little bit better now. They'll be able to react to it. A newbie would know wich direction to run (i assume opposite from the gunshot, but who knows). The game should improve for experienced players and newbies, wich is exactly what they're aiming for. Too much comotion for something futile.
Besides, they can always make this a toggleable feature. And the current effects are clearly placeholders (i hope)

There is no mention of toggle or placeholder in the patch notes, so I would not make those assumptions just yet. Therefore steering it through discussion and feedback is necessary. 

In case of hearing disability, granted this more pronounced than the other visual queues, because yes you already know visually that you're getting hit, yet at the same time it is tucked in the corners of the screen. This effect can as a matter of fact be overlooked until it is too late, as you write death is very quick especially with guns. So again, all this feedback is necessary to make it a worthwhile feature if it is here to stay. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I remember being downvoted all the time when I said 96 damage for M4 is way too much. People were saying stuff like "this isn't cod" "dayz is a hardcore game" "if you get shot irl you die" "did you ever get shot?"

Just make 7.62x39 better VS flesh, and 5.56 better VS armor when you take ROF, time to kill an armored enemy, and damage into account.
Where 7.62x39 should one tap up close, 5.56 shouldn't. But 5.56 is going to take down armored enemies quicker due to higher firerate of the M4.

The only issue with this is the fact that pioneer is 5.56. It's gonna be bad. So my suggestion might not be the solution. M16 might become the worst AR too then.
It would be fine if pioneer shot something between 5.56 and .308, and then we need another round type and 1 or 2 guns for that new round type, and it's fine.
Seems like this would be a lot of work, but at least if you ask me it would be the best solution to this issue (but yeah... you need a new round type and new guns to use those rounds).

Maybe the Pioneer could use .30-06 ammo, wich is the same for the M1 Garand.
If you don't want to put the Pioneer in the 7.62 category, create a .300 variant for the 5.56

On 11/7/2021 at 1:53 AM, rackinglad27 said:

Yea, I know.   The thing is, they already know if they're going to wipe or not before the experimental patch is released.   I've been asking this question when experimental versions are released because the company usually doesn't use its official forums to convey this seemingly important information automatically.  Maybe they'll start to put this information when new updates arrive, we'll see.  It's the first obvious question from players, but not developers, for some reason.

I see that we're getting hit indicators for players.  Could we also get an altimeter for vehicles?

3 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

If it s change nothing. Here we go. Then dont implement it.

RIght know the player base es split. I would say (my opinion) there are like 45/45% want it removed/or with heavy change. There is a minority likes it.

This thing is gonna bring a lot discussion. Unnecessary for me.

This game is not for everyone and should remain so. Vanilla es the standard for hardcore community server and with this it will deviate

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

So I finally experienced being shot, with one bullet, and going uncon. The hit indicator, just gave away location of the shooter. I'm not onboard with that.

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/4/2021 at 6:38 PM, 'AZAZEL' said:

lulz... how about no. Did someone ask for dumbing down the game or something?

On 11/6/2021 at 7:35 PM, Astalonte said:

There is a poll now. Almost a thousand people voted.

If someone did, it was the console players. I think thats why we are seeing the poll so even, the console players dont use a separate subreddit. Remember when the DayZ devs told us that the console release wouldnt affect the PC dev't? It was utter BS. (And not only seen in this occasion, but in other things too) Nobody who wants DayZ to be DayZ has asked for this feature. 

On 11/4/2021 at 8:47 PM, Astalonte said:

Hit markers has not place in this game

On 11/5/2021 at 2:59 AM, helpthedeadwalk said:

agreed 10,000% please, please, please remove that crap.

100% agreed. It doesnt fit DayZ and its not needed. There are games with this sort of feature, a lot of them, let the people who want that sort of thing play those.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:14 PM, DefectiveWater said:

It's not a hitmarker but a directional damage indicator.
Makes some sense tbh, if you get hit you would know from which direction you got hit. Now... I hope it doesn't show the direction of the shooter but the direction of the damage taken compared to the center of the body.
To explain this further: get shot in right arm, indicator on right. Get shot in the front part of the torso, indicator on the top.Didn't get shot yet, so idk how it works for getting shot. Zombies cause blood splashed at the approximate direction of the hit.

I dont understand why people think this. IRL theres shock, sometimes completely masking that youve been hit and pain that affects a larger area than where youre just hit. In the military soldiers are trained to check a friendly soldier for hits when its safe to do so, this includes taking off the gear and clothes when necessary. Thats bc its so hard to tell where you are hit when you are hit.

You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT KNOW where the shot came from 99% of the time. You need to examine the wound to know that, if theres no other indication and the round isnt stopped/slowed down by plates/equipment etc. You might be able to tell what body part youre hit in, if you dont suffer from major shock. Source: military first aid training.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:44 PM, ZBA said:

hit markers are good but need to be more like dark red viniete in side of the screen or whereever we are hit rather than .png splash image

I could accept them if they only show what body part you were hit in, but no direction. In current form, they are not good at all. If you dont understand why they dont fit the game, you dont understand DayZ. This is nothing personal, but a fact.

On 11/6/2021 at 4:37 PM, Masgel said:

Personally, I'd have the directional blood splatters be replaced with something that works along with the vignette change, maybe even have more vignette be applied to whichever direction you got shot/hit from. Have it be subtle, but noticeable to the very trained eye. And as the latter post says in helpthedeadwalk's post, "it's not a bad idea, but rather a poor execution."
As always, the community can help build onto that idea! 😊

This but not a direction, at max a body part. The idea is bad. Its not needed. Even the body part style one is not needed. Why its a good idea in your opinion? It takes away from the skill-ceiling, the learning-curve, the authenticity and realism and makes gameplay easier, less intense and more forgiving. Whats good about that?

10 hours ago, Ermanhaut said:

Have you tested this feature? It won't change nothing for you.

8 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

They actually removed infected for a few months a couple of years ago. 

Of course it changes "anything". People who shoot precise shots far away in a place where theres only a few spots where a potential shooter could be are exposed now with no skill needed. For example, the one who is being shot is at the bottom of a canyon or similar geography, he is shot from +500m with a silenced weapon and has no cover. He shouldnt know where the shot came from unless he inspects the wound, the gear for holes etc. And to a lesser extent it works in the same way in a dense forest too, when you dont hear the shot. If theres several non-silenced shots, you know which one of them is at you if theres no impact sounds that youve heard.

The fact that the TTK is high doesnt change the fact that the feature is unrealistic, breaks the immersion, is not needed and is completely against what DayZ is supposed to be. It servers no other purporse than to make the game easier for those who dont have the attention span to learn it. DayZ was never supposed to be the game where you are handed information that you dont pick up yourself. 

8 hours ago, Ermanhaut said:

The game shouldnt be dev't with deaf peoples experience as the focus, it makes 0 sense and you should know it. With this logic we will add permanent day time vision for people with bad eye sight, so they can see during the night and distinguishable outlines to players for people suffering from color blindness so they can see them. And again, the problem is exactly that people know which direction to run even when they shouldnt. Like you literally write it there for everyone to see, thats the main problem. DayZ is supposed to be realistic to some extent, so having the magical ability to tell where a shot came from is a BIG deviation from this realism. Experienced players dont even want such a thing, as it just evens out the playing field. You think thats good? Then you fail to comprehend the essence of DayZ. 

I cant understand why its so hard for people to comprehend why the change is a VERY BAD ONE. If we start going down this slippery slope, next there will be a fucking Kill Cam. Its absolutely ridiculous!

Edited by p4nnus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, arlingtine said:

Any plans to bring back the craftable bow?

Sumrak (the lead of dayz project) said like 4-6 months ago on his stream that there is no problem with implementing bow and crossbow to the game but they dont have animations to do so or they dont have the animator to animate it for them. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, p4nnus said:

I could accept them if they only show what body part you were hit in, but no direction. In current form, they are not good at all. If you dont understand why they dont fit the game, you dont understand DayZ. This is nothing personal, but a fact.

That's just like, your opinion, man.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

57 minutes ago, ZBA said:

Sumrak (the lead of dayz project) said like 4-6 months ago on his stream that there is no problem with implementing bow and crossbow to the game but they dont have animations to do so or they dont have the animator to animate it for them. 

They do now - hence the bullpup rifles and a few other new animations seen recently. So it will come eventually, but as with all things DayZ it takes time... 

I posted my thoughts on the hit indication debacle in another thread, just gonna quote it over:

I am fairly okay with the basic idea - if I get hit I will know where I got hit - but the current implementation in experimental is awful. Three things:

1. First of all it needs to change so it doesn't show the direction to the source of the damage but to where you were actually hit. This is so obvious I couldn't believe it when I saw the ricochet footage in Wobo's video. This is must be a mistake?
  2. The blood splotches are ugly, invasive and really should not be implemented in the current expy version. There's already too much stuff on the screen as is. If possible, you should instead work with the vignette flash and make it slightly more intense in the direction of the hit. No need for extra splotches.
  3. If implemented to stable, there must be a server side toggle to disable it - and this should be default, at least on "hardcore" servers.

What annoys me most is that, as far as I have seen, nobody in the community has asked for this. So why have the devs allocated resources to make it? It's not like DayZ doesn't have a huge barrel of backlog stuff still missing from pre 0.63 builds and the old roadmap - they have tons of stuff to pick from, no need to add new features nobody asked for...

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1