Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.15 (Changelog)

I'll be brief sharing my opinion relating to the hit indicator: It is so out of DayZ context that it should be removed straight. Apart from the fact that it is ugly and can change visually, its function would still be completely wrong in this game. Any variant of it would still be out of context and cancel an important essence of what DayZ is.

Relating to the rest of the update. After the last, feels a bit small, despite there are very good changes and fixes. Some of them were asked from long ago. To highlight a couple of them, I like the sound when changing fire mode and I like a lot that grenades can't be pinned anymore once the fuse has started. Also, that AUG with the fixed optic is one of my favorites.

Keep it up, developers! Except for the indicator... please, remove it... not only something that this game does not need, it is also something that will worsen one big aspect of the game and affect the learning curve which is one big gratifying and rewarding part of DayZ. I would not even make it an option for server owners or clients to toggle on/off. I would just remove it for my exposed reasons, which have more than enough weight for it.

BTW, I read in the announcement that you are working on a visual effect in-screen for when bleeding. I think that one would be good, especially for the people that play without the HUD on. IMO that one is totally different from the hit indicator. It will not cancel anything and would add immersion. We will see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

Please fix the lighting issues when zoomed in... Very serious issue imo!

If I understand right this is a render and LoD issue. At longer distances light is not blocked because of LoD simplification, when you zoom in the detailed models render and more light is blocked by foliage. This is built into DayZ's engine and probably not something that can be fixed without an engine change. They could change LoD ranges but that would massively impact fps.

Same goes for light from sources not in your line of sight - when you look away objects are not rendered but any light source will still emit light, so when any object obstructing the light source is no longer rendered the light will become visible. Very easy to observe - light a fire in a house at night, go outside and stand with your back to the house - the area around you will be illuminated, turn back towards the house and the building blocks the light from the fire. Only way to avoid this issue would be to render objects the player can't see, which would of course tank fps.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'm probably not gonna retract my suggestion (to the sUrPrIsE of a few), but rather add on to it.
We can have the directional hit indicators, but have them only for the more casual, 3PP servers (or even PVP servers), to at least help casuals/newbies get into the groove (if they're willing to commit to more hardcore gameplay in the future). Hardcore servers don't provide a crosshair for starters anyway, might as well have the hits register in casual/PVP servers, then. Hardcore isn't the only way people play DayZ, children. That's mainly how the game has managed to keep the community it currently has: variety in choice.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Masgel said:

I'm probably not gonna retract my suggestion (to the sUrPrIsE of a few), but rather add on to it.
We can have the directional hit indicators, but have them only for the more casual, 3PP servers (or even PVP servers), to at least help casuals/newbies get into the groove (if they're willing to commit to more hardcore gameplay in the future). Hardcore servers don't provide a crosshair for starters anyway, might as well have the hits register in casual/PVP servers, then. Hardcore isn't the only way people play DayZ, children. That's mainly how the game has managed to keep the community it currently has: variety in choice.

stay the course. If the indicator gets added to the game, it will 100% be on official servers and only the few true HC servers might turn it off. Nobody asked for it and the community is split. That doesn't bode well statistically.   Maybe the dev team should use this an example of ideas they should put out there first before coding them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Masgel said:

You dont seem to understand. DayZ is not supposed to offer help to casuals/newbies, its a HC survival game. Splitting the playerbase and making the game something that was never meant to be for the sake of some newbies is effectively killing its identity.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 4

Dayz is not the Dayz Dean Hall intended by a looooong shot. The moment they decided it was going on consoles this was going to be inevitable. Unfortunately what you or I think Dayz should be doesn't matter anymore. I feel your pain. I really do. I just got used to it about 3 years ago.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I noticed yesterday that disabling the personal Night light via the new cfggameplay.json file does not work. I have it set to "1" yet when the sun went down I had that magic halo around me.

The horror!

Still works putting that line in serverDZ.cfg though.

Phew.

Edit: Was a forgotten line in serverDZ.cfg that caused it, works fine. As does disabling the hit markers, yay!

Edited by Derleth

On 06.11.2021 at 00:51, hegra said:

Доброго времени суток, спасибо за проделанную работу. Но я хочу обсудить скорострельность для M4, надеюсь, это ошибка.

Потому что такая ставка приемлема для famas, vss, as val.

• Like 1

In this patch I'm having a lot of issues with item pickup, the prompt does not show as ususal and it takes very careful maneuvering to display it. Is it just me or has this gotten worse? 

Edited by William Sternritter

PC Experimental 1.15 Update 2 - Version 1.15.154322 (Released on 11.11.2021)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed a server error related to particles
  • Torches and road flares were missing their particles
  • Slicing rotten pumpkin produced raw pumpkin slices
  • Charcoal tables were only working for a very brief time window
  • The fishing rod was not properly extended during the fishing process
  • It was possible to equip both the head torch and night-vision goggles
  • The AUR AX was considered to be as long as the AUR A1
  • Muzzle flash of the CR-61 Scorpion was missing particles at the start

CHANGED

• Reworked conditions for allowed item combinations
  • Increased the volume of the LE-MAS reload sounds to make it more audible
  • Closed containers won't show their cargo space anymore
  • Increased water and energy consumption (still non-linear in nature)
  • Further increased time it takes to stomach to process its contents
  • Adjusted the size of the inner circle of AUR A1 reticle to match person at 300 meters
  • Splash hit effect iteration (more subtle, slightly bigger and less accurate)
  • Legacy red overlay hit effect disabled (still possible to enable it through the configuration)

SERVER

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

8 hours ago, lynn.zaw said:

Further increased time it takes to stomach to process its contents

Does this mean that the food i ingest will make the ^ arrows last longer but increase less of the energy overtime?

Edited by Ermanhaut

First I want to thank the developers for the continued support of my favourite game, I think DayZ is in the best state ever and I hope to see some more updates in 2022 :) Good job!

I personally think the AUR A1 should definitely not be heli-crash only, but at least T4 or even T3. It is much worse than the AX and a little worse than other mid-game guns like the M16 or KA-74. The M16 can fit the M4 suppressor, which can be found outside the gas zones, and the 1.12x scope of the A1 is not really better than ironsights. The only advantage of the A1 vs. M16 is full-auto, if you compare it to the KA-74 it gets worse... A huge point here as well is that the A1 can only fit the AUR mags, which are T4. By the time you have found an A1 at a heli-crash and the mag at T4 you will have found several better weapons like KA's. Hence I would personally:

-Make the A1 a T4 weapon, possibly T3

-Tier the mags accordingly and/or make the A1 compatible with STANAG/Mag-C (maybe only one of them?)

-Make the scope 1.5x (like IRL)

-Let it be incompatible with the M4 suppressor as is, hence incentivising taking the M16

Edited by thafluu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A suggestion to devs: make the inventory screen smaller, or at least usable-exploitable better in the screen without need to scroll down and up to interact with items on the right

Bloody hell, the little skorpion is a beast now. Was the fire rate changed?

I've just wasted a squad of 4 lads with one.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Bloody hell, the little skorpion is a beast now. Was the fire rate changed?

I've just wasted a squad of 4 lads with one.

I think so, it's closer to it's IRL firerate now.
SMGs with mosin/tundra combo will actually be somewhat viable with SMG buffs.

Wish we had MP5 in the game too instead of only MP5K

On 11/12/2021 at 1:23 PM, thafluu said:

the 1.12x scope of the A1 is not really better than ironsights.

It's much better than M16 ironsights though, it should be rarer than M16 and more common than the other AUG.

-Make the A1 a T4 weapon, possibly T3

-Tier the mags accordingly and/or make the A1 compatible with STANAG/Mag-C (maybe only one of them?)

-Make the scope 1.5x (like IRL)

-Let it be incompatible with the M4 suppressor as is, hence incentivising taking the M16

I think it should only take the proprietary mags, if scope gets buffed then the gun should be rarer.

The sole reason why M16 is kinda bad in this game is cuz of ironsights, making AUG have even more zoom would make it much more superior than M16.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Thanks 1

Since the community is so split on this... Here is a possible solution to the serious issue the hit marker creates: use the shock vignette that is already there, tweak it slightly, and remove that nonsensical red splatter.

The tweak: slightly reduce shock vignette edges (so that it is thinner) in all areas except the direction from where you were hit.  Imagine the face of a clock, and the thicker portion (from where you were shot) would account for “3 hours” space. Even then, this is highly unrealistic. For example—the shooter is at your 4 o’clock but hits you in the back, you would feel that you were shot from behind, but actually the shooter was more to your right than behind you.  The hit marker ruins this “shot from an angle” realism.

At least with the change I propose,  the location of the shooter would not be given away exactly but more generally, and panic/stress of the player getting shot may not notice the subtlety of the vignette.  The vignette should NOT rotate if the player turns.

TO BE CLEAR: I have no problem with the current state of this mechanic in 1.14. It does not need to be changed to include a hit marker.

I rely on the sound origin of the shot. It’s more than enough to figure it out.  “But what if it’s a suppressed shot, waaah?” Take cover you idiot. Am I the only console player that enjoys the hardcore aspects of DayZ?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 11/9/2021 at 2:56 AM, Kathosky said:

BTW, I read in the announcement that you are working on a visual effect in-screen for when bleeding. I think that one would be good, especially for the people that play without the HUD on. IMO that one is totally different from the hit indicator. It will not cancel anything and would add immersion. We will see.

Ever been cut and not feel it because your adrenaline was pumping during that fight-or-flight moment? It’s a nice idea, but I disagree with a visual effect in the HUD. Just look down at your body, it shows blood spilling out.

1 hour ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Ever been cut and not feel it because your adrenaline was pumping during that fight-or-flight moment? It’s a nice idea, but I disagree with a visual effect in the HUD. Just look down at your body, it shows blood spilling out.

The blood running across your screen in Scum looks silly, but the reddish blurry vignette in sVisual mod does it right, something like that would be okay. Other than that I kind of liked the old text messages from legacy. Having both and allowing the player to toggle what they prefer (or nothing) would be nice.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

And not FEEL it as in no pain. Not that you aren't aware that you're gushing blood from your body, which often happens especially if you prefer to play 1st person no hud.

what would also be neat is to have vignette for freezing and heat exposure, and maybe a temporary stun effect when your character takes large shock damage.

They should just take out the directional hit marker but keep the screen effects tbh. They need to massively improve the quality of screen effects though as they do not look good right now. They should implement screen effects + sound cues for a variety of different situations (Screen effects similar to this + gasping sound cue while in toxic zones without a gas mask, occasional screen effects when nearly dead from hunger/thirst, being shot, being hit by infected, being bit by a wolf/bear, being winded by emptying the stamina bar, while extremely cold/hot etc etc). The dev team should play around in Metro Exodus if they haven't already. That game has the most immersive screen and sound effects I've seen.

Edited by repzaj1234

On 11/11/2021 at 12:31 PM, lynn.zaw said:

• Splash hit effect iteration (more subtle, slightly bigger and less accurate)
  • Legacy red overlay hit effect disabled (still possible to enable it through the configuration)

SERVER

This is not enough. Remove the directional indicator or you have ruined DayZ.

PC Experimental 1.15 Update 3 - Version 1.15.154355 (Released on 02.12.2021)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed a game crash cause by bad memory handling of particles
  • Fire barrels could despawn when all attachments were removed
  • Inventory attachment slots were not visible on some items while in hands
  • AUR rifles played the reload sound twice when reloading

SERVER

• Fixed: Gameplay settings modifiers for stamina (sprintStaminaModifierErc and sprintStaminaModifierCro) were not working correctly
  • Fixed: Incorrect message handling on loot from the dynamic events (causing excessive flooding of logs)

MODDING

• Fixed: Crash when calling GetGame().ObjectDelete() on a ParticleSource managed by a ParticleManager, it will now ignore the request and output an error

On 11/4/2021 at 12:19 PM, Kyiara said:

Fixed: Crash fixes for the Linux server build

As far as I understand, the server for Linux cannot work with mods yet?