Riddick_2K

The "Pew Pew Pew" players have over win.

With this gas bombing bullshit have over win the players who use DayZ as another "stupid" classic war FPS... instead of what, as it was described, it was supposed to be... but it never became well: "survival from a pandemic".
But to play a hypothetical World War 3 you couldn't make a mod for ArmA3, which is the right game for it?
Why spoil DayZ like this?
And what left me most disconcerted and embittered is seeing how many are enthusiastic about it and how many contest this bullshit.
In the end, if this game is right for you as it is changed and managed ... then you really deserve it!
I'm sorry because, despite the countless flaws and bullshit I liked it, but I don't like the direction it lost anymore. This is no longer a survival against a pandemic ... it has become a hodgepodge of bullshit, nonsense, a bit of survival from a hypothetical pandemic and a lot (too much) fighting an unequal war against a ghost army made up of almost everything and everyone (programmers including) who do everything, any bullshit and illogical nonsense, to make you impossible and annoying.
What is the fun in all of this I just don't understand.
With 1.15 what will we find? The armored vehicles commanded by an army of infected immortals ?!? Maybe they will add the "anti-tanks", but they will be rare, you will have to fight against 3 armored vehicles with only a knife and kill at least 20 super infected super equipped and they will only have 3 shots when, to destroy an armored vehicle it will take at least 5 (how long does a mask filter last inside an infested area ?).
What kind of a game is this becoming ?!?

And many will be happy because this "will add new challenges"... 😮 🤨 🤢

Because fishing, hunting and look for the materials to build a base (where to live comfortably, finally) in a city infected with zombies by killing them with an ax, it is too boring. 🙄
Maybe you are the ones who are in the wrong game...
Perhaps it is your vision of the game that best suits an ArmA mod.

And don't answer that DayZ "was born as a mod of ArmA", I know very well, but there are mods and mods. You have to choose a direction, an idea and follow it well. I don't know what the ArmA2 MOD wanted to be, nor what it really became... I just know that when I bought "DayZ SA" (DayZ Standalone! NOT the ArmA MOD!) It was advertised as "a sandbox where you have to survive in a world killed by a pandemic ", and when I started, despite the flaws and the bullshit it was pretty good too... but now the management seems to be in a game more and more of War... and more and more absurd and more and more" unbalanced "(when you allow only a very few" lucky ones "to have exclusive use of the best equipment, as cheaters and dupers were not enough), because this is if these weapons can only be found within these infected areas which, from what I read (also in the videos of those who are playing this 1.14), they are almost impossible to reach for all the rare and very weak equipment you must have and the "almost immortal guardians" that will magically appear with each GAS explosion... a sort of "invincible aliens" that "will rain from the sky as the GAS" to defend the upper booty.
What kind of a game has this become?!?
But do you really like this bullshit?!?
I really don't know if I will play forward... I'm just sorry I tried it, because I will have a bitter taste in my mouth of a good game with so much "wasted" potential in inability to fix it and in bullshit to ruin it...

This proves that you are incapable of creating a real survival game with any specific difficulties, not a war jumble with armies, weapons and bombings ... it's a whole other kind of game.
That's why I love to go back to Battlefield, which in its genre (War) is much better done and is much more balanced, functional and fun.

P.S.
Don't make the apology for modded servers, which are often even worse for nonsense and bullshit...

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

This is no longer a survival against a pandemic

It's always been an MMO first and the lore second.  The lore isn't as important as the gameplay loop.  Creating a sandbox where the player has to fight off PVE elements is not difficult.  The pandemic and infected are just fluff.

• Like 1

Are you also a relative of some programmer of the B.I. or a shareholder? 😮
I didn't understand what you mean by "lore" and "gameplay loop", but the fact that it's also an MMO doesn't necessarily imply this bullshit (which MMO is just a generic definition, a "label": always questionable).
The fact remains that this game was written and sold as a "survival sandbox against the pandemic" and I bought it for this, not for anything else... and now (indeed for some time now) it is becoming more and more hybrid between the "Fantasy-Horror" and one "3° World War".
It is NOT the pandemic and the infected that "are nonsense": this is the substance of the game... it is everything else that has been built around it that is a "are nonsense"!

I've actually lost the thread of what you're upset about. Are you upset because people shoot at each other? 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Sorry for my bad English, but I don't know it and I have to use Google.
Reread what I wrote at the beginning and quote me what you don't understand. I will try to explain it in another way, hoping that the Google translations do not distort too much the sense of what I am trying to say. 🙁

Edited by Riddick_2K

I don't understand how the toxic zones are a victory for FPS players. 

I see the toxic zones as another element of the environment survival aspect. Similar to weather, wolves, starvation, etc. 

Honestly, I haven't been greatly impacted by it yet. I hear the occasional artillery and the other day I was at NWAF and a shell landed nearby so I saw the clouds form. But I honestly don't think it really impacts game play if you don't want it too. 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Riddick_2K said:

This proves that you are incapable of creating a real survival game with any specific difficulties, not a war jumble with armies, weapons and bombings ... it's a whole other kind of game.
That's why I love to go back to Battlefield, which in its genre (War) is much better done and is much more balanced, functional and fun.

But DayZ is not a game about a war primarily, it's about a war AND zombie apocalypse.

Bombings make sense because they want to kill the zombies, but because of the gameplay loop you have to keep respawning them after the gas is gone.
If you had a zombie apocalypse IRL, you would most probably end up bombing the whole place to the ground to contain the virus, wouldn't you?

31 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

it is becoming more and more hybrid between the "Fantasy-Horror"

How?

I'm 1000% sure countries would bomb the places that have zombies to stop the contamination, you somehow seem to be okay with a fantasy of zombie apocalypse, but bombing them doesn't make sense to you?

Gas zones literally aren't made for "Pew Pew Pew" players, they are made for everyone, and I'm really lost in your logic.

Edit:
Yes, certain guns spawn only in the static gas zones, but it's not like you can't find AK-101s and AK-74s and SKS's in military bases where there is no gas...
those are good weapons.
And I'm pretty sure LAR still spawns at helis too...

Edited by DefectiveWater

Its about survival in the way YOU want to survive. Has been since the beginning and still is. 

Want to survive by wiping out everything that moves? You can

Want to survive in the Woods? You can

Want to survive by doing s combination of the above? You can

Lore wise? You start on a beach where you "woke up" and are now in a country that has infected walking around. Those infected get bombed by gas. That's it. Rest is up to you. 

Seeing all your threads lately makes me wander if you are Just burned up a bit on DayZ? 

Edited by McWendy
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I don't understand how the toxic zones are a victory for FPS players. 

Not for FPS players, this is also a FPS game, for "War FPS players"... it's not the same.
FPS = First Person Shooter
All games where you impersonate a character in first person are FP (first person) and if you have a weapon and you can shoot it is also a "shooter"... it does not necessarily have to be of war, even a game where you can impersonate in first person a biathlon athlete is in fact a FPS. It doesn't have to be by force an "arena" where you have to shoot everything that moves.

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I see the toxic zones as another element of the environment survival aspect. Similar to weather, wolves, starvation, etc.

Not really.
Weather, wolves and hunger are natural things... gas bombings are not... they are things of war and armies. It's a whole other thing.
They could have add a separate area, like an old hidden military depot that, suddenly, due to neglect, explodes and plagues the area... and to interest the players they could add something interesting, but without taking anything away from the base game...
With the bombings, not only does it imply the existence of an external army hostile to the area (because they don't try to contact/save the survivors) that you cannot fight because in fact it does not exist, but they have also plagued the whole game (search Reddit for map of areas subject to bombing) with a war bullshit that it doesn't have a shit to do with it with survival.
Survival of the environment is one thing... fighting gas bombs and another.
Moreover, if the anticipations are true, most of the good weapons... which also serve against bears which, I remember (I have not written anything about it yet), have been increased in resistance... as if they were "weak and sickly ", poor things... 🙄
And it also seems the NVGs, they are exclusive loot of fixed carbonated zones, which is not only used to kill the players at night, as all the "Rambo" of DayZ seem to be convinced, but for any normal activity, since at night (except the DayZ brightness bug that seems to hit some at random) even if you can barely move (not in HC, though) you can't do anything else.
Now... if everything I've read and seen on YouTube is true (I also tried 1.14 for 20 hours, but too little to personally evaluate all the differences, I should at least read the game's XML to understand it better, but not I have them), if you don't go inside a carbonated zone you will NEVER find an AKM, an M4, a suppressor or an NVG... all things that are NOT needed only by the "Rambo" of the game... Try to defend yourself from a bear with a Mosin or a SK and make a video... now that they are even stronger. And even before that they took out the 20 magazines of the Saiga, and gave spawn only in helicopter accidents, which I have NEVER seen one with at least 1200 hours on public servers.
Try shooting an AK or M4 without a suppressor and see how much crowd comes around you... not just the Zs, but also the "Rambo" on duty who hears you, follows you and kills you shortly after...
Play at night without an NVG, even just for loot, fishing or hunting.
Not to mention that you must also defend yourself from all the "Rambo", the marauders and various "Heads of D**k".
This will help even more all the players who in DayZ are only looking for the war fight with the others... because it will force everyone to try the carbonated zones, with these new super-equipped and super-resistant Zs (another galactic bullshit), just for one decent weapon or for an NVG... and there will be the carnage of players inside (for the Super-Z) and outside for the snipers, marauders and, by now, all the others who are only looking for a decent weapon and an NVG, even if only for hunting and fishing.
Great result: forcing everyone to war without quarter.
But this wasn't supposed to be a War Game, ArmA is already there ... or isn't it?!?

Is it still not clear what I stand for?

P.S.

It also applies to others, of course

Edited by Riddick_2K

I wake up on the beach and look for a stone to make into a knife, to cut a branch to make a bow, But alas they took the bow out of the game SO It'S not the SAME game now,

• Haha 1

Not for FPS players, this is also a FPS game, for "War FPS players"... it's not the same.
FPS = First Person Shooter

Yeah, I know what FPS means. I'm trying to understand why your making the connection to this with the toxic zones. Maybe I'm being obtuse, perhaps someone can help me here? 

Not really.
Weather, wolves and hunger are natural things... gas bombings are not... 

I never said natural things, I said environment. Environment means anything you are exposed to, including toxic zones. 

35 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I wake up on the beach and look for a stone to make into a knife, to cut a branch to make a bow, But alas they took the bow out of the game SO It'S not the SAME game now,

I guess yours is just irony.
In any case, I understand it and I also share it in part ... because an arc is actually part of a survival game, too bad that the lack of a simple arc is a small thing, while the addition of these areas, these bombings and all changing the spawn of main weapons and accessories is a huge thing, not just a little bow.
Here they didn't lift a weapon, they completely upset the game turning it into a war game worse than it was before.

23 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, I know what FPS means. I'm trying to understand why your making the connection to this with the toxic zones. Maybe I'm being obtuse, perhaps someone can help me here?

The relevance of bombing to war games, and the substantial changes they can create to the game I have described several times... if my English is bad, I'm sorry, but I have to use Google. I really don't know what to do.
But after repeating it several times in different ways, I get the impression that you DON'T WANT to understand...

23 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I never said natural things, I said environment. Environment means anything you are exposed to, including toxic zones.

It is I who say "natural environment", because you listed the weather, the wolves and hunger ...
Do not make me repeat the whole speech about the bombings again, I have already more than expressed it.

I have the impression that you are taking advantage of the fact that I do not know English and I cannot understand if what I have written has been translated well or badly ... and you pretend not to understand, while in reality you have understood very well but you just try to justify this stupid choice.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

and you pretend not to understand, while in reality you have understood very well but you just try to justify this stupid choice.

I don't get it either, so he's not the only one that doesn't understand.

Static zones are great addition, bombings are okay with possible annoying issues in the gameplay loop (bases, logging in JUST before the bombing...), but I don't agree 100% with the loot changes.

46 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I don't get it either, so he's not the only one that doesn't understand.

Static zones are great addition, bombings are okay with possible annoying issues in the gameplay loop (bases, logging in JUST before the bombing...), but I don't agree 100% with the loot changes.

Off topic but why not with loot changes? M4 and FAL's are now behind extra layer of security. To get it, now you need to be really equipped to go in toxic zone, which stops freshies running straight to Tisy hoping to get high end gear without surviving for a bit.

Edited by Just Caused

DayZ was never much of a game of survival of the elements (including zombies) at any point in the mod or the standalone. DayZ has always been a pew pew game, survival from other players. At one point, for like half a year, the game didn't even have zombies. I don't like the poison gas artillery at all. If you want survival play 1st person Namalsk with survival mod. You need to take serious care for obtaining food and warmth. And no artillery.

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Are you also a relative of some programmer of the B.I. or a shareholder? 😮
I didn't understand what you mean by "lore" and "gameplay loop", but the fact that it's also an MMO doesn't necessarily imply this bullshit (which MMO is just a generic definition, a "label": always questionable).

No.  I'm not related to B.I. in any way.  I've had the same opinion since day one.  The survival aspect and PVE is absolutely not challenging if there are no other human players.

MMO is not a generic definition.  It is not questionable.  It very much means Massively Multiplayer Online.  There are people.

12 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

The fact remains that this game was written and sold as a "survival sandbox against the pandemic" and I bought it for this, not for anything else... and now (indeed for some time now) it is becoming more and more hybrid between the "Fantasy-Horror" and one "3° World War".
It is NOT the pandemic and the infected that "are nonsense": this is the substance of the game... it is everything else that has been built around it that is a "are nonsense"!

No.  This game was created as a social experiment.  The very heart of this game is player versus player.  If you bought this game because you wanted a survival challenge then you were mistaken.  The survival aspect will never be hard!  All you have to do is get a little experience OR just group up with one other person.  The key variable is that it is a sandbox and cannot be tuned to be a challenge like a single player instanced game.   Ever since the first MMOs came out (yes, I played them too) PVE has never been hard in an open world sandbox.  The substance of the game is not the pandemic and infected.  You bought the game assuming it was more than a pvp sandbox.

• Beans 1

10 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Off topic but why not with loot changes? M4 and FAL's are now behind extra layer of security. To get it, now you need to be really equipped to go in toxic zone, which stops freshies running straight to Tisy hoping to get high end gear without surviving for a bit.

IDK, I was just under assumption that M4, LAR and such are no longer helicrash spawn, is that correct? Did all the fancy loot get moved to the Toxic zones?

After thinking it through while writing this comment...
I do see one really good positive in toxic zones, and that is going through the map to find NBC gear, and then having to come back to the coast offers a new challenge and promotes player movement.
Promoting player movement is always good, and playing more passively after you find all the NBC gear might be the way to go if you want to come safely to the toxic zone to get the loot.

• Like 1

Survival in DayZ has always been in need of being much more difficult. I've said it often, but once the player is over that initial panic at the start of a toon's life, they never have to worry about food and water again. And besides warmth, which is easy to achieve, food and water are the only essentials to surviving in the wilderness of Chernarus. If I had my way, a toon would start on better hydration and energy, but obtaining food would be much more difficult than it is presently. The toon that wants to hide in the wilderness and play Grizzly Adams would have to spend a lot of time hunting and also they'd need to be adept at storing dried food too. Because they would never be sure of where the next meal is coming from and may have to rely on it, if a hunting mission ends with no kill. As things stand, a player can't go a 1000 yards without hearing an animal of some sort, so food is literally everywhere making survival in DayZ supremely easy. Which means the only real threat to a toon's survival is other humans. Of course a toon could die to bears and wolves if they're unlucky, but 99% of player deaths are to other players.

These gas bombardments notwithstanding, DayZ has always been pew pew, which is annoying to some players I'll admit. Especially when it comes in the form of sniper twats, who think they're playing 'Call of Duty' and who's only interest is in sitting on a hill waiting around for another player to come into their scope. However danger in the form of other players who will kill you for what you have is an essential part of the game. Just as it would be if the shit hit the fan and society did collapse. You'd be surprised at how quickly people would descend into animals if there were no restrictions or consequences placed upon them. Even genuinely good people would turn to their nasty side if the desperation to survive was high enough. And in that respect I suppose my vision for DayZ where food and drink is much harder to come by would, in fact, lead to more pew pew.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fuzzy_chimera said:

I like how you had to specify properly run Namlask server, that gave me a good chuckle.

Well as being both a player and server owner, it is true.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:43 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

If you want a survival challenge, play a properly run Namalsk server.

Taking a nod to your signature...

If you want a survival challenge, try driving across the map on a laggy server.

• Beans 1