Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.12 (Changelog)

Hmm. Despite all the talk here, on yootoob and twitter about ballistics and bullet damage I can't find a single ticket on the feedback tracker concerning 1.12 ballistics, bullet damage changes or the shock "stun" from getting hit. So I wouldn't be very surprised if these changes slip through without changing...

Now Geez said in a ticket response that at least the melee damage values are still being modified, so we'll see what comes with next update to experimental.

• Like 1

Oh, and just as reminder (I will continue each patch).

T157719 Trees shadow bug (bistudio.com) Feedback Tracker

Edited by Roddis
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

58 minutes ago, Roddis said:

Oh, and just as reminder (I will continue each patch).

T157719 Trees shadow bug (bistudio.com) Feedback Tracker

That happens when the sun is low on the horizon and distant objects obstructing the sun are hidden from rendering due to you turning around so they are outside your field of view. Same thing will cause an indoor fireplace to suddenly illuminate half a village when the house around it is not rendered. I doubt they can actually fix this with the current engine, at least without choosing to render all objects outside the player's field of view. Needless to say that would cause mayhem with client performance..

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Yes @Buakaw , here, damage drops off like my chart below, the WOBO one has a mistake. Got around to setting up a server to confirm.

22:49:24 | Player "Unknown/Dead Entity" hit by Player "Survivor" into Torso for 73.4908 damage (Bullet_556x45) with M4-A1 from 215.304 meters 

aaah alright yeah, he was probably basing it off the scout.

Btw, that bug you mentioned with the RPM being either 600 or 900 for any vanilla or modded weapons, you reported it right? Did you get a response to the ticket already?

6 hours ago, Buakaw said:

aaah alright yeah, he was probably basing it off the scout.

Btw, that bug you mentioned with the RPM being either 600 or 900 for any vanilla or modded weapons, you reported it right? Did you get a response to the ticket already?

No, I reported (IMO) a more serious bug with the reloadTime setting, no response on that, I will make a report about the incorrect airFrictions and velocities later because who knows, maybe it's all an error, placeholder, accident (lol), but takes time to write up a decent report like I did for 0.63: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T133383

• Like 1

15 hours ago, -Gews- said:

At 360 m you will take 5 shots to kill!

Wow, that *seems* really weak for an ak and unrealistic. I don't like.

I like how the m4 works though. It seems OP that a fast firing gun with a 60 round mag can one-shot people, but i like guns being deadly, it's DayZ after all.

I remember the Derringer pistol killing in one shot in .62

Edited by Homeschooliazon

1 hour ago, Homeschooliazon said:

I remember the Derringer pistol killing in one shot in .62

Derringer is hilarious in old DayZ.

Compared .308 to 7.62x54R. Real life figures, 7.62x54R is actually slightly less powerful because it operates at lower pressure. However the bullet is slightly more aerodynamic so it evens out.
LJowGIn.png

In 1.12 the 7.62x54R is much inferior to the .308, they start the same, but the airFriction is over 50% more, so it has a killing range of about 400 m, compared to .308 which has 700 m, that's 75% longer.
swpK71G.png

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -Gews- said:

No, I reported (IMO) a more serious bug with the reloadTime setting, no response on that, I will make a report about the incorrect airFrictions and velocities later because who knows, maybe it's all an error, placeholder, accident (lol), but takes time to write up a decent report like I did for 0.63: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T133383

Ah isn't reloadTime the setting that controls firerate? I looked at the configs and I couldn't find anything that read firerate, rpm or the likes.

It would be nice if this could get reported, m4 at 600rpm is pretty wack and it destroys variety of modded weapons too, when there would be so much possibilites.

14 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

Ah isn't reloadTime the setting that controls firerate? I looked at the configs and I couldn't find anything that read firerate, rpm or the likes.

It would be nice if this could get reported, m4 at 600rpm is pretty wack and it destroys variety of modded weapons too, when there would be so much possibilites.

Yes it's the reloadTime. But there's two different problems I found at that time. Didn't test since.

1. official weapons all fire 600 rpm max (probably config error)
2. no weapons can be set to fire any faster than 900 rpm (bug), except for 1800 rpm specifically

• Like 2

Looking at that Derringer video, all I can see is the sky. Damn me I miss those volumetric clouds, for all the technological progress in other areas of the game, the day they surrendered and removed TruSky (or whatever it was called) and added the pixely crap that passes for clouds now was a very very sad day. 1.02 iirc. I know why they did it - it was a perfectly logical decision at the time - but I can't get over how crap the sky looks now compared to prior builds. Daytime is usually okay, but in low light or night conditions the clouds become a pixely mess looking more like an oil slick than clouds. Terrible.

I really hope they'll look into putting volumetric clouds back in once the backlog barrel is mostly empty.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

@-Gews- Thanks the effort you put in making these charts etc. I just cant understand what they are doing with some of these changes. And that slug damage...I dont even know what to say.
Also they just posted on twitter that the patch is going stable in a couple of days 😐 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, J.A.T- said:

@-Gews- Thanks the effort you put in making these charts etc. I just cant understand what they are doing with some of these changes. And that slug damage...I dont even know what to say.
Also they just posted on twitter that the patch is going stable in a couple of days 😐 

W

wtf? not even gonna test these rather drastic changes and get more community feedback?

Edited by Buakaw
  • Like 1

PC Experimental 1.12 Update 2: Version 1.12.153810 (Released on 09.04.2021)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

FIXED

• Player would not sit down if already performing other gesture and logging off
  • Names of stairs on the base building fence were switched
  • Wrong "Next part" action widget on the base building fence
  • Warning messages in the server browser would not display unless the client was restarted
  • Long item names were cut off in the left bottom corner of HUD
  • Emotes were not greyed out properly in the emote menu when in prone
  • Items were not "returning" into their reserved slots
  • Server browser columns not matching the headers
  • Equip or swap of an item in a players inventory was not always working
  • It was possible to craft an infinite amount of long sticks from a broom (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157592)
  • A ruined Eggsperimental Capsule was still functional
  • A collision part of the Large Tent was scaled badly
  • It was possible to destroy a garden plot
  • Infected or animals could get stuck mid-air when hit by a vehicle
  • The damage indicator on tent doors was not showing the correct damage state
  • The list of servers was overlapping with the filters section on some resolutions in the in-game server browser
  • Mouse cursor got stuck in the centre of the screen while joining a server with the BattlEye approval message
  • Items would disappear inside a garden plot when dropped on top of it (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T152830)
  • In-game server browser scrolling issues
  • Wrong melee impact sounds of various tools

CHANGED

• 1PN51 scope has weapon iron sights allowed with some weapons
  • Reduced blood loss from a bleeding source
  • Removed the heavy hit animation being caused by all bullets except 762x54 and .308
  • Slightly delayed the recovery from shock damage after receiving it
  • Increased the chance of stunning an infected during melee combat
  • Reduced the damage to gear dealt by the infected
  • Infected now react less to the shots of the IJ-70 and the Sporter 22

CENTRAL ECONOMY

• Fixed: The Fange and Kukri knives were not spawning on Livonia

SERVER

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

22 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

wtf? not even gonna test these rather drastic changes and get more community feedback?

No worries, we are 😉 "Couple days" is still a lot of time before the actual release. 

I see everyone is understanding this term a bit different. My bad. Just check the previous udpates and it will give you a better hint.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kyiara said:
  • Increased the chance of stunning an infected during melee combat

Damn i was hoping people would eventially consider shooting infected and go look for some silenced guns before rushing to NWAF, thus making more interactions and importantly more diverce interactions in unexpected places possible.
But seems like infected were still not dangerous enough and now there will be no reason to bother at all.

Edited by fl1y
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, fl1y said:

Damn i was hoping people would eventially consider shooting infected and go look for some silenced guns before rushing to NWAF, thus making more interactions and important more diverce interaction possible.
But seems like infected were still not dangerous enough and now there will be no reason to bother at all.

I really enjoyed having a gray screen for 45 minutes or more /s because you know, freshies don't spawn with silenced pistols

24 minutes ago, Kyiara said:
  • 1PN51 scope has weapon iron sights allowed with some weapons
  •  Removed the heavy hit animation being caused by all bullets except 762x54 and .308
  • Reduced the damage to gear dealt by the infected
  • Infected now react less to the shots of the IJ-70 and the Sporter 22

Great changes.
Is the blood loss rate universal, or was this mostly a reduction in bleeding from zeds?

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I really enjoyed having a gray screen for 45 minutes /s because you know, freshies don't spawn with silenced pistols

Only had this problem with my first char on 1.12. As soon as you stop trying to melee them with bare hands and remind yourself heavy attacks with weapons are still in the game the problem is completely gone

Edited by fl1y

The bleeding was ok imo! It was the reason to not rush towns. At least if you reduce that, increase it's chance 

• Confused 1
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, Kyiara said:

No worries, we are 😉 "Couple days" is still a lot of time before the actual release. 

I see everyone is understanding this term a bit different. My bad. Just check the previous udpates and it will give you a better hint.

About testing - could you guys consider setting up a separate hive for dedicated pvp testing? Have a server with disabled persistence, where everyone spawn around NWAF with a submachinegun and a bunch of ammo and heaps of all kinds of guns & ammo lying around everywhere. That way you will be able to quickly gather tons of combat data and players will be more able to provide consistent feedback on the balance changes and any issues that we encounter. This was done several times during 0.63 testing and I find it odd that every exp patch now is just the regular game loop. Even on a full regular server combat will be sporadic for most players, and dying invariably sets you back for hours or more. The core game loop also needs testing of course, so a separate server not connected to the Experimental hives would be needed.

Especially with the major ballistics and balance changes in this patch, dedicated pvp testing should be considered.

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1

Please add more settings on consoles

i will not stop until it is added 🥺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Leshun said:

Please add more settings on consoles

i will not stop until it is added 🥺

Overall (both PC and console) could use more settings, I'm playing on second to lowest sensitivity in DayZ, but that's just slightly too fast and the one lower than that is too slow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Overall (both PC and console) could use more settings, I'm playing on second to lowest sensitivity in DayZ, but that's just slightly too fast and the one lower than that is too slow.

just set it in the files. my documents/dayz/user_settings

mousesensitivityX / Y

mouse-sensitivity.com for help

Edited by Buakaw
  • Thanks 1

I've been *EGHM* experimenting... a lot... with uh, cannibalism recently, and I don't know if there's been any changes to this area, but I've noticed something strange the past couple sessions on my current character. The guy laughs terribly and almost nonstop... until I slice someone up and eat their meat. Not a peep after that. The shakes stay, but the laugh is gone. I really like this as it adds a bit of depth, a bit of narrative to the cannibal playstyle. I'm sorry, buddy, but the laughing is incessant. I have no choice. Just... stay... still...

• Like 1

So new hotfix

Reduced blood loss from a bleeding source

Increased the chance of stunning an infected during melee combat

Reduced the damage to gear dealt by the infected

So progress made I guess

I was going to bet that if nothing was changed that the Devs would see a very large spike of active players  just leaving the community

Even some of the top Dayz streamers are starting to openly talk how this update could be way to hard for new players effectively killing more player base

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, u.s. army rangers said:

Even some of the top Dayz streamers are starting to openly talk how this update could be way to hard for new players effectively killing more player ba

most of these streamers only care about pvp. i had to listen to a big rant by toperec few days ago. as if they worry about new players lol. come on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3