Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.12 (Changelog)

3 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

I love Tetris, kek. 

I wouldn't mind it myself, it would be the kind of detail I expect from DayZ to be honest. But it would not work at all with the inventory system on consoles and would probably become tedious with time. But big, bulky items should definitely be blocked from going into clothing, and rifles have no business being in backpacks and quickbar accessible...

• Like 2

I can imagine seeing more dedicated slots and less free slots for clothing being a very much viable future point of development. "Canvasing", if you will.

I think the mp5 ak74u and the UGS should fit inside a +63 slot backpack. They do irl so why not.  Although the time to pull it out via the hotbar should be considerably higher because of the "getting it out of the backpack" situation. 

Maybe add a "backpack put down and search in backpack animation" wishfull thinking but doable. It could even share the crafting animation we have currently but with the backpack put down included.  

Rifles should never fit in inventory. Same goes for large melee weapons. Its An either/or choice. 

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, McWendy said:

I think the mp5 ak74u and the UGS should fit inside a +63 slot backpack. They do irl so why not.  Although the time to pull it out via the hotbar should be considerably higher because of the "getting it out of the backpack" situation. 

Maybe add a "backpack put down and search in backpack animation" wishfull thinking but doable. It could even share the crafting animation we have currently but with the backpack put down included.  

Rifles should never fit in inventory. Same goes for large melee weapons. Its An either/or choice. 

I'd say it is easier to just prevent hotbar binding to items in the backpack, but a rummaging-through-the-backpack animation would be very nice!

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

In the backpacks, yes, in the jackets? no.

Rifles should only fit in one backpack in my opinion, and that is the mountain backpack, the tallest backpack in the game, but as you said, backpacks shouldn't be spare pockets... they should be extra storage that's not so easy to access. Smaller firearms like mp5 and ump, or ak74u could easily fit inside a hunting backpack.

Maybe even adding slings to guns so they could be worn on your shoulder (this might be too much and too restrictive, but muh immersion), guns should have 25-40% chance of spawning with a sling, crafting a sling would require a rope or something like that. Actual slings should be added too along with the crafted slings. I very much dislike one man army meta, where you get yourself a plate carrier, a long range gun, a close range gun, and a deagle (because one shotting with a pistol in 1.11 was balanced, thank god 1.12 nerfed it).

There should be some room for hoarding, but not much, or nearly as much as there is now. Number of slots in jackets and pants is too high, backpacks are fine IMO.

Would be nice if hunting vests would be implemented, and some kind of a sling bag that could serve as a very small vest (spawns in cities). Hunting gloves would be neat too, as well as normal winter gloves that spawn in cities.

EDIT: now that I think about it, hoarding should still be possible, but with higher penalty than just stamina drop, idk. it really depends on what kind of direction devs want to take.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

The one man army/apothecary is weird indeed. Must admit changes herein would also affect my playstyle but I wouldnt mind. 

DayZ should always be about choices. 

• Beans 1

I was today on the public Exp. playtest session.

The door state was wrong for me / the infected. About 6 infected vs me in a corner - a very short fight. I was uncon in secounds. Before they knocked me out a third time I was bleeding to death - fully geared.

They was going through doors which were closed for my character. This was scarry and intense! I respawned and was forced to stealth kill infected to survive. This was fun.

I learned 2 things.

When the door state is all over the place - never attract more than 1 infected.

I have a Feature Request:

Infected should be able to break through closed doors fast. This would make the game alot more intense. No easy escape in buildings.

Also for balance - players should be able to open and close doors silent without attracting invected.

Edited by andro_dawton
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:43 PM, andro_dawton said:

I have a Feature Request:

Infected should be able to break through closed doors fast. This would make the game alot more intense. No easy escape in buildings.

This and there should be the ability to barricade doors shut with wood panels, and infected that climb on objects like cars.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000
  • Like 1

I like about this update how cool fights with friends against zombies are, it's also way easier to beat on a zombie with two people.

There is actualy gameplay and thinking involved with zombies now, previously i would get an (pick-)axe and just one-shot them in the head with a light swing.

10 Zombies outside the house? No problem!

Shooting zombies is also a thing that makes sense now, that has always been fun.

I do think that a power-attack with a big meelee weapon from the front should kill a zombie on a headshot, it feels kind of weird hitting a zombie in the head with a fireaxe as hard as you can and it surviving. Ontop of that you have 3 power-attacks on full stamina only anyway.

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

The door state is broken on multiple doors for zombies. From what I can recall specifically, the “office” building north of the military tent in Elektro’s main square as well as the police station. Many of the apartments as well. Zombies will phase through these doors.

Edited by _lemon_beans

I noticed that some items are no longer "protected" by the flag from de-spawning (no flag icon).

For example - Gas Lamps, Gas Stoves, campfires (outdoor fireplace) and even stone ovens.

Is this an intended change, @Kyiara ?
I don't see anything in the changelog related to flags and persistence.

Also, if I may suggest -
As a server owner I'd like to be able to choose which items should be "protected" by the flag,
maybe we can get an xml file for our own customized settings ?

Just now, Tarkules said:

I noticed that some items are no longer "protected" by the flag from de-spawning (no flag icon).

For example - Gas Lamps, Gas Stoves, campfires (outdoor fireplace) and even stone ovens.

Is this an intended change, @Kyiara ?
I don't see anything in the changelog related to flags and persistence.

Also, if I may suggest -
As a server owner I'd like to be able to choose which items should be "protected" by the flag,
maybe we can get an xml file for our own customized settings ?

That is entirely dependent on the lifetime of the item in question, you can make any item at all be refreshed by the flag pole by setting its lifetime longer than the refresh window of the flag pole, so by default anything with a longer lifetime than 432000 (=5 days) will be refreshed. Unless something changed with that mechanic - or there is just a bug with the protection flag icon - I suspect the lifetimes of those items have been tweaked.

9 hours ago, Jason_Bourne said:

Dear developers. Please return Burlap Wrap to the game.

Burlap Wrap

Burlap_Wrap.png

I miss that, along with Spray Cans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is a deathmatch-style experimental server now, "Novodmitrovsk Pewpew". No mods. If it gets populated it would be an excellent chance to test the 1.12 balance changes.

• Beans 1

10 minutes ago, Mosi2142 said:

i hope this bug get fixed its really annoying and unbalanced 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157862

Yeah... it's a known bug, and from what we know, it's not getting fixed soon either.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T146356 

Your report will probably be merged into this one, as it seems this is the main ticket for that issue. I also reported the same thing because it heavily affected my gameplay when a friend who was new to DayZ needed help during night time. I wanted to snipe the dude that was pointing his gun at him and yet I couldn't see anything when I aimed... pitch black... no light.

Imagine that, bringing a new friend to try out DayZ and the first 30 minutes are filled with nothing but bugs and issues... great way to lose new players.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

I shot someone wearing a press vest tonight, me using a FAL, at about 200 m range, and I must say it looks very weird with the stagger “stun” animation followed by the player dropping uncon. Using a baby AK I later gunned down a guy wearing platecarrier and he was knocked uncon and fell as a sack of potatoes without staggering first, looked much more natural. If the player goes uncon the stagger animation should be skipped.

I like the increased chance of uncon and broken legs when shot in the legs. Overall a good feel to the whole patch.

Another thing - when an uncon player dies (bleeding out or executed) the fall animation will play, the guys flies up from the ground and flops back down. Looks ridiculous. This should be changed so the player doesn’t move or just subtly changes position.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

@Kyiara @ImpulZ Why is this update going to stable despite all the balancing issues still outstanding?

I don't see the point in having experimental if you rush it to stable and ignore the testing people take the time to do and then put in detailed tickets for. Very, very frustrating.

Infected are stupid hard to kill in melee, ignored - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157619
Unbalanced melee, acknowledged but then left as it is to go to stable - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157673
Broken fist damage & shock, unacknowledged - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157837

All three of the issues above are just as significant as the unbalanced armour values, but because no content creators are moaning about it to the DayZ Twitter account do they go ignored.
Just one example:
A SPLITTING AXE now does the SAME DAMAGE as a heavy PUNCH (but for some reason does 25 shock) and takes 4 swings to an infected's HEAD to kill it... Why?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

7 minutes ago, Joe Scrub said:

@Kyiara @ImpulZ Why is this update going to stable despite all the balancing issues still outstanding?

I don't see the point in having experimental if you rush it to stable and ignore the testing people take the time to do and then put in detailed tickets for. Very, very frustrating.

Infected are stupid hard to kill in melee, ignored - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157619
Unbalanced melee, acknowledged but then left as it is to go to stable - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157673
Broken fist damage & shock, unacknowledged - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157837

All three of the issues above are just as significant as the unbalanced armour values, but because no content creators are moaning about it to the DayZ Twitter account do they go ignored.
Just one example:
A SPLITTING AXE now does the SAME DAMAGE as a heavy PUNCH (but for some reason does 25 shock) and takes 4 swings to an infected's HEAD to kill it... Why?

yea i was really surprised they announced this patch to go stable tomorrow... and not in a good way.

lets see what happens with 1.13 and where the dice rolls then....

27 minutes ago, Joe Scrub said:

and takes 4 swings to an infected's HEAD to kill it... Why?

Because otherwise infected are turned (exactly as they used to be) into useless and meaningless game mechanic that can basically be ignored whatsoever maybe?

13 minutes ago, fl1y said:

Because otherwise infected are turned (exactly as they used to be) into useless and meaningless game mechanic that can basically be ignored whatsoever maybe?

It's a cop out cheap way of making them more 'difficult' because the server performance is so bad and the AI for them is so dumb. At the very worst it should take one heavy swing and 2 light to kill them, it's a two-handed axe... They can still more or less be ignored if you just get up high or go behind a door, you can then melee or shoot them taking all the time you need because they can't reach you due to their basic AI, the artificial resistance to melee damage is just nonsensical.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

23 minutes ago, fl1y said:

You can still run around the town, aggro everyone and trap them into a shed or something ... nothing has changed in that regard i.e. they are still useless and meaningless. Maybe even more so now since it's not worth to engage in melee with them anymore so people will just start using MK II to one tap them instead. Making infected to be some kind of "hit sponges" is not the right way to make them harder ... but then again, personally I don't care since community servers will fix this mess of a patch anyways. 😛

Edited by 'AZAZEL'

23 minutes ago, fl1y said:

I agree that the zombies in 1.11 and before are not a big deal, but I believe that the way to go is not to make them absurdly strong against the most powerful of the melee attacks to their heads, for example, of and axe, or pickaxe? What do you think?