VodkaFish

Lost interest

I am willing to try a private server if someone can sell me on it's features. 

I see no point to the game anymore so I've lost interest.  Surviving is easy.  You can't build a reputation, can't build any organiztions, there is no economy, can't horde with any security, can't improve your life situation.   PVP is the only real challenge. This games interface, engine, features, make it a wholly inferior FPS.  The game is riddled with bugs and lag.  I feel robbed.

I was entertaining myself via base building and hording. I was hoping to hear something about player to player bartering, base features, farming features, general player interaction improvements, maybe the banning of external chats (if possible), work on character account identification so we could develop a reputation alliances, friends, and enemies. I could dream about the combat game engine being improved, lag reduced.  I was hoping to hear about how you could now only have one character per server (not 30+), etc.

Instead I see people bitching about starving, freezing in the rain, and dying from illnesses. I actually saw players request servers where you don't need to eat or drink in a survival game.

BIs answer to all this was to nerf the food system and ramble about cars, trucks, and helicopters. Now its possible to play days without drinking water.

What a shit show.

Edited by VodkaFish
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

I guess some games aren't to everyone's taste. Maybe best to move on then because people have complained about various aspects of the game for years. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

The first problem with the game is the long and endless troubleshooting period.
The second problem of the game is the lack of a tool for creating game scenarios. All servers are PVP, PVE, RP with the same banal scenario. There is no struggle to obtain tactical advantages - for example, "King of the Hill", or the like.
The third problem of the game - Mods often live for a long time in conflict with the vanilla scenario of interaction. Apparently there is a problem of lack of documentation or mods configuration tool.

A player who has been playing for a long time is familiar with all the problems of the game - this forces the player to abandon many aspects of the game, due to possible scenarios for the occurrence of problems. This greatly narrows down the possible game scenario, which is already small.

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I guess some games aren't to everyone's taste. Maybe best to move on then because people have complained about various aspects of the game for years. 

Various aspects?  

Your post reads like a very fluffy ad hominem attack rather than one addressing or debating the realities of this train wreck. Tell the heretic he has no taste, don't let the door hit you in the ass. Right?

Problem is, after some false advertising, I paid for that door and the rest of BI's broken game.  I also unwittingly encouraged two friends to buy this shit, they quit playing weeks ago.  So, I have 'skin in the game'.  I asked for a refund in these forums long ago (before I was raided btw, I know you believe this the reason behind my position). I'm asking again now but I know thieves don't like to part with their booty.  I'll try petitioning xbox.

I hope people contemplating purchase read this. This game is not a finished product. Do not buy!

I know you are THE 'Fanboy' and likely on the payroll judging from all the damage control you provide for them in the forum but what part of what I posted did you disagree with?  

"Surviving is easy.  You can't build a reputation, can't build any organiztions, there is no economy, can't horde with any security, can't improve your life situation.   PVP is the only real challenge. This games interface, engine, features, make it a wholly inferior FPS.  The game is riddled with bugs and lag."

You find it difficult to survive if players do not kill you? It is easy to survive.

You have built a reputation on a server where players can positively identify you? They can't even see your name, your appearance can change, and xbox supports more than 30 characters for each game purchase. With gear available on the coast a character can shoulder 2 weapons, keep a belt knife, canteen, boot knife, and equip up to 5 grenades. This is worth as much as 80 plus any equipped attachments.  For the sake of calculations they are 2 suppressed, scoped, ghillied Mosins (+36). He can also log out with 256 in gear in his clothes and packs. Grand total, 372 per character x 32 characters = ~11,904 of permanent, secure, storage.  How many hidden barrels is that? I'm know many people are using this to their advantage.

BI provides some sort of mechanic for gangs, militias, clans, that we are unaware of? Arm bands? Lol

You've discovered a player driven economy? *crickets*

You are able to hide barrels in water is going to be the argument for being able to make progress? Hidden barrels are your reason for living in Cherno? And make this garbage worth $60?

This game's pvp experience is inferior to all the major fps titles.

So if it's easy to survive, pvp is half-assed, and there is nothing to do, WHY DO YOU PLAY? 

Aspects? There are so many things to criticize I don't even know where to start.  Honest people who actually play this game, and are not paid shills, know what I'm talking about.

Edited by VodkaFish
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@VodkaFish I play the game because, for all its faults, no other game gives the same heart pounding adrenaline when you suddenly encounter other players.

No, I'm not on the payroll, and the user name is tongue in cheek. 

It just seems to me that the things you seek in this game are things you would find in other games. I wasn't for one second asking you to shut the door on the way out. I recall suggesting Ark, because of you're looking for an online multiplayer experience with in depth base building, skills, progression and recognition, that game has it all. 

I don't see why you're so upset with me. I never suggested you didn't have taste. I don't like pubg because those type of games aren't to my taste. I've played lots of games that aren't to my taste. I simply don't play them again. I don't hack my way round forums bitching about it like some entitled brat. Ever been to see a film you didn't enjoy? Did you ask for your money back? Pfft, smh

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 2

If the community here can come together maybe we can motivate BI to make some meaningful changes and improve the game.  To advertise this game as a finished, polished, product is to commit fraud.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Problem is you're on a console. And BI is in the business to make money. Dayz was just a way to fund A4 development.

• Beans 1

There are modded servers with roleplaying communities where people have big groups with relations, reputations and wars etc.

4 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

Problem is you're on a console. And BI is in the business to make money. Dayz was just a way to fund A4 development. 

In part, this is true about the roadmap for the development of a new engine for A4. This should not affect the development of DayZ. But DayZ in its current state is a bad advertisement for the A4 release. The work of the development team during the entire period of support and development of A3 is a bad advertisement for any studio product. The A3 has received a lot of good changes and studio work. But it was very extended for 6 years. I don't know who in the studio is regulating the care and attention to troubleshooting the studio's products, it's very frustrating. If A4 is released now, on the same error base as DayZ, it will be a big disappointment. I am surprised by the position of some important problems, the solution to which does not eliminate the problem, but transfers the old problems into the game to the new logic of program interaction. I mean client-server-client synchronization. There was no good synchronization before, and there is no good synchronization now. Moreover, poor synchronization of past products made it possible to populate servers with a large number of players on one server. Syncing from DayZ 1.00 to DayZ 1.10 feels really bad, creating problems for everyone, even with a small server population. Even the good other indicators of the DayZ server, which are significantly higher than it was on the servers in A3, are confusing and not understanding why it looks unstable and so stupid on more powerful hardware than it was for A3. I don't even want to think and imagine how the synchronization with the "client-server-client" in A4, with the AI level of interaction with weapons and vehicles will look like.

So, what keeps bringing you two back, then?

3 hours ago, Masgel said:

So, what keeps bringing you two back, then? 

Where should the studio's clients be who are dissatisfied with the studio's product? It was hoped that the studio would find a way to use a feedback tracker where tickets would receive a rating of desired and expected fixes. I had hope for A3 for six years, but I haven't played for the last three years. I had hopes for the preparation of A4 release, in this regard, I was interested in the development of DayZ after release 1.00. DayZ has a great solution to the server and client FPS problem, but client-server-client synchronization plays like a bad low FPS for clients.
 Server FPS is high, client FPS is high, but high speed LAN cable and low ping are not able to provide stable synchronization. The problem of poor synchronization is solved only if the client and server are on the same PC - the start of an offline mission, it plays with FPS 50% lower than online (I have an offline average FPS of 50-60). DayZ's poster and official video demo looks like a full-fledged product and a rich script. But in reality it looks like unfinished work. Players do not have the opportunity to fully play the offline mission, there is no editor, like an editor in A3, there is no scenario, there is no way to create a scenario, there is no way to save it.
 Throughout the year, players have been expecting solutions to client interaction problems with the environment that occur due to poor synchronization. But this is partially done for some of the character's actions. Information on the status of the solution to this problem - Not available.

Edited by lex__1

Why do people play games or watch movies/TV shows they don't enjoy?

There's more than enough alternatives out there.

• Like 1

Seems the only problem is lack of user imagination.  1) Economy: You can encounter friendly players and set your own price.  (RP) 2) Reputation: Same thing, encounter friendlies and shoot the shit.  If you get around, regulars on the server will talk about you.  I've been in a situation where other survivors are trying to get information about another player they encountered to figure out how to go about their own situation.  3) You cannot horde with security, but you can horde with intelligence to minimize your losses.  

At the end of the day, this game does not pretend to be anything it is not: DayZ is a sand-box Role-Playing Game.  The object of the game is to survive.  How you do it is your call, and it's that simple.  You make your own fun from the freedom the game provides you with.  ALL LOOT IS SUPERFLUOUS.  You don't need AR's.  It is not Battle-Royale.  DayZ is about social interactions and the lack there-of at times as well.  This game can reveal the nature of human beings and their character traits if you pay attention.  Will you support humanity, or will you become psychotic after your first taste of blood?  Do you feel any remorse when killing the innocent?  Are you defensive?  Are you stealthy? Are you helpful?  Are you naive or too trusting?   How do you handle stress and adrenaline?  Can you stay calm under pressure and follow through with poise?  Do you lead or do you follow?Do you discuss everything freely or are you secretive about certain information?  There are so many philosophical themes at work here, we could spend dayz in discussion.

I know I won't be trusting about 80% of people if SHTF for real, and that, DayZ has taught me.

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

2) Reputation: Same thing, encounter friendlies and shoot the shit.  If you get around, regulars on the server will talk about you.  I've been in a situation where other survivors are trying to get information about another player they encountered to figure out how to go about their own situation. 

Nonsense. Characters have no name, no fixed appearance, and players can operate multiple characters on the same server from one account.  You can never be certain who is approaching you.  Allowing players to see the names of, and contact, other players on their server is a terrible feature as well, for different reasons.  It does not help identify players, it just lets rivals know when character accounts are online. It encourages stalking, harassing, and other negative behavior, as well as robbing the game of realism/atmosphere.

SHTF Scenario Survival 101: Always look out for other survivors to be holding a huge poster above their heads that reads, “I’m So-and-so” before deciding whether or not to approach. 

On 1/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, EzyStriderPS4 said:

SHTF Scenario Survival 101: Always look out for other survivors to be holding a huge poster above their heads that reads, “I’m So-and-so” before deciding whether or not to approach. 

agreed, but you would be able to recognize a person you had seen before.   Or one that has been identified by someone else.

I don't see you, or anyone else, complaining about the 'who's online' feature.   Very realistic, adds so much to the game too.  I love having shit eaters email me in a survival game asking me where I'm at, talking trash, or having them use it to stalk me.   Great feature.

7 hours ago, VodkaFish said:

I've just started playing on the Dayz Chain server. They've modded the map slightly and tweaked one or two aspects but the loot feels about right on the server. They also have a pretty solid bartering system with traders at Green Mountain using vodka and cigarettes as currency. I think they also have various types of organisation with the server/discord. Maybe worth your while checking out, as you mentioned a while back about some of these aspects. 

6 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I've just started playing on the Dayz Chain server. They've modded the map slightly and tweaked one or two aspects but the loot feels about right on the server. They also have a pretty solid bartering system with traders at Green Mountain using vodka and cigarettes as currency. I think they also have various types of organisation with the server/discord. Maybe worth your while checking out, as you mentioned a while back about some of these aspects. 

Thanks for the heads-up.   I hope I can play soon.  Someone broke into my house this week, the xbox is one of the things they took.   I went on the internet looking for an x or s series and discovered no one has them.   I'm hoping for the x as I don't see a point to buying older hardware.

26 minutes ago, VodkaFish said:

Thanks for the heads-up.   I hope I can play soon.  Someone broke into my house this week, the xbox is one of the things they took.   I went on the internet looking for an x or s series and discovered no one has them.   I'm hoping for the x as I don't see a point to buying older hardware.

Aw man that sucks. Been broken into twice, it's really horrible. Good luck with the X

@VodkaFish Sorry to hear about the break in, hope you are well and back on the upswing.  For my settings, I only allow people on my friends list to message me, so that keeps the randomz from becoming a nuisance. That way, I can choose to be or not to be friends with others after meeting them in-game without the extra nonsense. 

1 hour ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

@VodkaFish Sorry to hear about the break in, hope you are well and back on the upswing.  For my settings, I only allow people on my friends list to message me, so that keeps the randomz from becoming a nuisance. That way, I can choose to be or not to be friends with others after meeting them in-game without the extra nonsense. 

On 1/28/2021 at 9:16 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Aw man that sucks. Been broken into twice, it's really horrible. Good luck with the X

Thanks guys.   I did not suffer a huge financial loss but I have not been able to replace my xbox.  They are just not available right now.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:24 PM, VodkaFish said:

Instead I see people bitching about starving, freezing in the rain, and dying from illnesses. I actually saw players request servers where you don't need to eat or drink in a survival game.

BIs answer to all this was to nerf the food system and ramble about cars, trucks, and helicopters. Now its possible to play days without drinking water.

What a shit show.

The bitching about survival being too hard in DayZ has plagued it since its launch. That was the cause for many of the 1 star reviews on steam and even today many of my friends don't like DayZ because the signs are in Russian and they can't read them or they die if they make a mistake. There is far too much food now, zombies give out canned beans like pinatas now, being cold and rained on is simply no big deal now (even though it rains too often imo) It always makes me long for those few, beautiful broken experimental patches where there was virtually 0 food to be found and it had to be scavenged from the scarce natural resources of the time. I don't blame BI for anything about DayZ anymore, because for everyone that says the survival is too forgiving, there's 5 that say it's too hard. For every person who wants new features, there's just as many who want bugs fixed. This game is massive, beautiful, and extremely detailed. I, for one measly little opinion, would like survival to be much harder, food much more scarce, and player interaction more encouraged. At first I thought 1.10 was a massive step in the right direction, but I'm realizing that BI is stuck between hardcore players and players who want to be babysat until they have a nice gun. There will never be a day that DayZ makes everyone happy. 

• Beans 4

Just a little aside, perhaps BI could make "hardcore" version for official branch where food is much more scarce and loot is turned way down or something. Maybe just lump those settings into the 1pp only servers because 1pp players seem to be the hardcore style anyway. Nights on 1pp are darker than 3pp already, just go all out! lol

Edit: I think the food mechanic in general would have to be tweaked, too, because you can basically live forever once you're at full white. Also I wish cars worked and there were bicycles in the game. Ah, a perfect world. One can dream.

Edited by Kohlbar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

Just a little aside, perhaps BI could make "hardcore" version for official branch where food is much more scarce and loot is turned way down or something. Maybe just lump those settings into the 1pp only servers because 1pp players seem to be the hardcore style anyway. Nights on 1pp are darker than 3pp already, just go all out! lol

Edit: I think the food mechanic in general would have to be tweaked, too, because you can basically live forever once you're at full white. Also I wish cars worked and there were bicycles in the game. Ah, a perfect world. One can dream.

I believe they should make use of the fact they have servers called "hardcore" and "regular". Currently the only difference is that in "hardcore" 1PP is forced and nights are dark. That's it. In Sumrak's own Namalsk there is a huge difference in survival difficulty and general gameplay loop (hardcore has no vehicles or basebuilding) between hardcore and regular, so maybe - just maybe - we will eventually see something like that in the vanilla game. Make "hardcore" truly hardcore with less high end weapons, ammo and food and keep regular in its current middle ground. The people who want it even more forgiving than that need to play modded.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, VodkaFish said:

Thanks guys.   I did not suffer a huge financial loss but I have not been able to replace my xbox.  They are just not available right now.

Consider getting a gaming PC instead. You don't need a $2,500 monster, far from it, and from your original post I think you would enjoy DayZ a lot more on a well balanced modded server. On PC there is no such things as "alts" for example, you have one character per server (or hive in the case of officials, one for 1PP and one for regular). Also, not all modded servers are infinite-stamina-10x-loot abominations with traders and so on, there are a good number of servers out there with a serious take on survival. Some making it a lot more harsh than in vanilla.

Edited by Derleth