VodkaFish

Lost interest

9 hours ago, VodkaFish said:

Thanks guys.   I did not suffer a huge financial loss but I have not been able to replace my xbox.  They are just not available right now.

Are you trying to get a series x? My step son got himself a series s second hand last  week. He's just about to start playing dayz so not sure how it runs yet

What @Derleth said. Go master race 😉jk ofc. 

But a good pc will cost you about 1500€ only thing that needs upgrading is the gpu and or SSD after a while. Cpus last long these days. Friend of mine is still gaming on my old pc I sold him 10 years ago. Only upgraded the gpu after a few years. In that time we had the Xbox one and Xbox X. So better bang for your Buck. 

With a pc you can do everything you can with a console and then add some. 

Plus thiefs dont normally take the pc, its not easily sold or taken from its spot. Therefore not interesting to take. 

Just a thought

9 hours ago, McWendy said:

What @Derleth said. Go master race 😉jk ofc. 

But a good pc will cost you about 1500€ only thing that needs upgrading is the gpu and or SSD after a while. Cpus last long these days. Friend of mine is still gaming on my old pc I sold him 10 years ago. Only upgraded the gpu after a few years. In that time we had the Xbox one and Xbox X. So better bang for your Buck. 

With a pc you can do everything you can with a console and then add some. 

Plus thiefs dont normally take the pc, its not easily sold or taken from its spot. Therefore not interesting to take. 

Just a thought

They did not steal my pc.   I used to be a computer technician so I still play with machines.  I built an MX Linux box on an old computer to surf the web, watch movies, and use email.  Even in this old machine I have an SSD as the boot drive.  Maybe he could tell the pc was not worth much, doubt it.  More than likely he did not like the size of the tower.  I bought my xbox-s new for $250 if memory serves me correctly.  They are more than that now.   I have not priced parts lately but I am guessing I could build a 4k gaming box for under $1.5k.  I prefer a mouse/keyboard.  I just decided to go cheap a couple years ago.  Plus I have a lot of friends on xbox.

10 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Are you trying to get a series x? My step son got himself a series s second hand last  week. He's just about to start playing dayz so not sure how it runs yet

I have not tried to buy one from craigslist, the pawnshop, or other methods.   Mine is probably floating around there somewhere.    I have not decided to use homeowners insurance yet.  I put in a claim, but depending on what they tell me about the items lost (I do not have receipts for) I may cancel the claim.   There is a $500 deductible and they will raise my rates $150 a year for 3 years (they did it last time).  That is $950 before they pay a dime.

also, still waiting on the construction guy to give me the estimate on the window.  He's not sure if he's replacing the window or the glass.  I'd prefer the window if we have to use insurance.  Its boarded up right now... reminds me of Dayz.  lol

Make sure he knows you can reload by holding down the Y button.  Unload by double tapping Y.  I didn't know that when I started, very frustrating.

Edited by VodkaFish
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, Derleth said:

Consider getting a gaming PC instead. You don't need a $2,500 monster, far from it, and from your original post I think you would enjoy DayZ a lot more on a well balanced modded server. On PC there is no such things as "alts" for example, you have one character per server (or hive in the case of officials, one for 1PP and one for regular). Also, not all modded servers are infinite-stamina-10x-loot abominations with traders and so on, there are a good number of servers out there with a serious take on survival. Some making it a lot more harsh than in vanilla.

I may.  How much game software is written natively for 4k (or was not) was the reason I went with the xbox last time.  Maybe there are more titles out now that are created to take advantage of that muscle.

13 hours ago, VodkaFish said:

I may.  How much game software is written natively for 4k (or was not) was the reason I went with the xbox last time.  Maybe there are more titles out now that are created to take advantage of that muscle.

I can't answer that, although I am sure there are others on this forum who can. I know that DayZ runs in 4K and looks great, although my old rig can't really handle it. It is playable and I get 30 fps, but I prefer to go down a notch with extreme detail and 60 fps...