ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.09 (Changelog)

1 hour ago, Homeschooliazon said:

What exactly bothers you about the prolonged lifetimes, I'd like to know.

What bothers me is this is going to increase the hoarding problem that already exists.  Here's an example:  I had an AK on me and died near Devil's Castle.  I had been playing for a while that day, so I logged off for the night.  The next day (about 20 hours later), I arrive back at the spot where I died.  The AK is still there (it was in my hands when I died, so it dropped to the ground and didn't despawn when my corpse did).  Do you get the picture now?  I should not be able to retrieve a gun I was using from that long ago.

One of the unwritten rules of DayZ was always "don't get used to your loot cause it'll soon be gone" meaning value your life because when it's over, everything you had on you will vanish into thin air.  Well, not so anymore I guess.

I'm actually in the complete opposite when it comes to this.  I think all loot on the ground should disappear on server restart and respawn different loot.

• Like 5

Personally, I like the abundance of stones.  I like spawning with damaged clothing and shoes that wear out quickly.  Honestly, PVE survival isn't too difficult, even with these changes.  If you don't find shelter when it's raining, you're doing it wrong.  If you're not carrying around extra clothing, then you're doing it wrong.  If one kitchen knife lasts your entire lifespan, then something is wrong.  If you're running around and not jogging from the get-go, you're doing it wrong.  Having to hunker down and wait for the weather to pass is authentic.  Running straight to where you want to end up is bad for the game experience, in my opinion.  

22 hours ago, fake said:

Car collision detection really needs to be fixed.

No. It's fine.  It is 100% possible to not be damaged by a car.  The last thing you want is 17 infected huddled around your car when you stop.

22 hours ago, hegra said:

Can you mark human fat, there must be a difference from animal fat.

Human fat is almost always at 100% whereas other animal fat never is.  Usually 50%-75%.

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

Lets face it Devs have no plan, no clue

You know, there are diminishing returns when it comes to effectively whining about the game.

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

We should be able to break bark of trees without a knife.

Birch maybe.  Most trees are very difficult to do this with and some are downright impossible without a tool.

• Beans 1

15 minutes ago, Parazight said:

You know, there are diminishing returns when it comes to effectively whining about the game.

True, but you should know I wasnt always like that. I too took the fight to the whiners, but after almost 8 yrs i would like to see where this boat is headed. And imo we're either drifting to far from the original vision or stalling on the anker.  Either way there has been more Fd up then improved (as far as my playstyle goes) And im starting to dislike it more and more. Wish i could move on, tried all the other survival games.... Yeah they are not it either 

15 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Birch maybe.  Most trees are very difficult to do this with and some are downright impossible without a tool.

Birch/bark i dont mind. We should be able to at least make a fire with our bare hands (lord knows ive done so a hundred Times)  firesaw, firedrill, they are Both possible with small sticks and some kindling.  It should be so in game. But no we can appearently break logs of trees with our bare hands and cut Bush with our bare hands....

Shit Just doesn't add up. 

Go cut up a small Bush with your hands and do the same with a big tree and look wich one falls faster.... The result Will have you go: shouldnt that be the other way around? 

And its like that with a lot of things. The logic is lacking. So as a Tiny spock logic is everything. 😉

Side note; compliments for keeping the dialogue fair. We could have easily started biting eachothers asses off.

(If i used words wrong forgive me English is not my native) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

No. It's fine.  It is 100% possible to not be damaged by a car.  The last thing you want is 17 infected huddled around your car when you stop.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:45 PM, hegra said:

Hmm I got it. The last thing you want is a realistic game. Your car will and should of course be surrounded by zombies hearing the engine.

However... your personal opinion has nothing to do with the “transport hit bug”. Leaving a vehicle with a running engine will hurt/damage your character playing the animation like getting hit by car.

(which results in being stuck for a few seconds until the animation is over)

Thats what you like?

Edited by fake
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, fake said:

Hmm I got it. The last thing you want is a realistic game. Your car will and should of course be surrounded by zombies hearing the engine.

However... your personal opinion has nothing to do with the “transport hit bug”. Leaving a vehicle with a running engine will hurt/damage your character playing the animation like getting hit by car.

(which results in being stuck for a few seconds until the animation is over)

Thats what you like?

No. You don’t got it.  That bug is avoidable.  This game isn’t based on realism. It’s about authenticity.  It IS a video game, after all. I’m not affected by the bug because I take measures to avoid it. And you DO want collision with cars and infected. Please, let’s not remove that. 

The developers have never stated that they’re going for realism. 

28 minutes ago, Parazight said:

No. You don’t got it.  That bug is avoidable.  This game isn’t based on realism. It’s about authenticity.  It IS a video game, after all. I’m not affected by the bug because I take measures to avoid it. And you DO want collision with cars and infected. Please, let’s not remove that. 

The developers have never stated that they’re going for realism. 

he probably means when you exit the car ... the car punches you and you loose health because a car is stationary running you over somehow xd that bug

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

he probably means when you exit the car ... the car punches you and you loose health because a car is stationary running you over somehow xd that bug

Yes. I understood the first time.  Also, it doesn’t happen if you turn the car off before you get out. 

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Yes. I understood the first time.  Also, it doesn’t happen if you turn the car off before you get out. 

Wow you’re a real genius. It got explained multiple times now this does only happen if you leave a vehicle with a running engine.

It’s a collision bug which should not be present but is since 1.06.

Avoiding the bug doesn’t change the fact it is a bug.

Unfortunately the character can get stuck in this transport hit animation and dies.

Edited by fake
  • Thanks 1

Our next Experimental Patch is now available for download, here's the patchnotes:

Update 1.09.153372 - Release on 27.08.2020

FIXED

• Fixed an issue blocking certain infected types from appearing within cities and industrial zones
  • Fixed an issue with executing emotes in limited spaces, causing the character to clip into objects
  • Fixed an issue causing vehicles with running engines to injure players close to it, even if the vehicle did not move
  • Fixed a bug causing items to be rotated wrongly after swapping them on the ground

CHANGED

• The watchtower kit can only be placed under a ceiling that fits at least the 1st floor of the watchtower
  • Items dropped from hands during a players death will share the lifetime of the dead body (1 hour by default)
  • Items de-equipped when skinning a dead player share the dead player body's lifetime (1 hour by default)
  • The radial menu for emotes now shows whether an emote can be executed in the current position
  • Adjusted the effective ranges of the Revolver and Deagle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 4

7 minutes ago, kjoulol said:

update? says bad server version whne i try to connect to the .de server.

yeah, twitter says that theres an update, finished by 1600 cest

https://twitter.com/DayZ/status/1298966366154874881

12 hours ago, fake said:

Wow you’re a real genius. It got explained multiple times now this does only happen if you leave a vehicle with a running engine.

It’s a collision bug which should not be present but is since 1.06.

Avoiding the bug doesn’t change the fact it is a bug.

Unfortunately the character can get stuck in this transport hit animation and dies.

As it happens that very bug is fixed in the latest update 😄

By the way @ImpulZ I noticed the Deagles have no entries in cfgspawnabletypes.xml in the public server files, so they cannot spawn with attachments. There's an old "DE" in the commented out future section tho.

And happy to see the towns will no longer have hordes of lady zombies only, thank you!

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

23 hours ago, drgullen said:

I should not be able to retrieve a gun I was using from that long ago. 

I agree, didn't think of that. You shouldnt be able to easily retrieve your loot after you die.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homeschooliazon said:

I agree, didn't think of that. You shouldnt be able to easily retrieve your loot after you die.

Well the latest patch says this is no longer an issue so that's good.

Is it me or have cars actually become even more squishy in 1.09? I crashed into a road sign with my Olga doing no more than 25 kmph, engine at yellow with both front wheels, battery, radiator and spark plug ruined. Found new parts, rolled a few more miles, overcompensated after a turn and nudged another roadsign doing 15-20 kmph - car ruined. Now maybe it was practically ruined already - that I could have accepted - but again both wheels, battery, radiator and sparkplug were ruined....

Guys, @ImpulZ Please take a look at the damage/speed coefficents for vehicle impacts, something doesn't seem quite right.

I can't blame lag though, both crashes were definitely my own fault...

17 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Guys, @ImpulZ Please take a look at the damage/speed coefficents for vehicle impacts, something doesn't seem quite right.

YEAH! And while you're in there @ImpulZ, fix the cars so they work RELIABLY as vehicles to be used on the road and not SpaceX vehicles.  That would make this patch actually worth something players would be excited about.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

9 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Fixed an issue causing vehicles with running engines to injure players close to it, even if the vehicle did not move

I have to thank you guys very much.

I’ve not tested it yet but getting out of a car quickly to interact or react seems to be possible again.

10 hours ago, fake said:

I have to thank you guys very much.

I’ve not tested it yet but getting out of a car quickly to interact or react seems to be possible again.

Works. Unfortunately my Olga was ended against a road sign so I could not test more, but I was not getting bit when exiting the car with the engine running.

A question about fishing: Could the risk of catching wellies be brought down a notch? I'd rather just pull up vegetable matter (what I get most of the time when fishing irl...) or nothing at all than stand in a pile of wellies and broken cooking pots after fishing a while.

Or was there a cult in Chernarus, sacrificing wellies to the Frog God by throwing them in ponds?

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2020 at 1:47 AM, drgullen said:

You folks really need to rethink this one.  It is already extremely difficult to survive as a new spawn in the rain when your clothes are pristine.  If some characters spawn with damaged shirt and pants, as someone else said earlier, they'll just suicide.

I think you guys are changing too many things unnecessarily.  The game as it was playing in 1.08 was fine.  I don't like the prolonged lifetime values and I definitely don't like this change at all.  I spawn with pristine clothes and my buddy spawns badly damaged and dies from the cold faster than me.  Yippee, sounds like fun.

Agree with this. That change makes no real sense.

But what I'd really like to see as far as a change in spawning goes, is for players to spawn with a full stomach, so there isn't this silly, automatic, need to go racing around for food the second you're in the game. But, food sources, including animals should be made harder to find/hunt.

As things stand, there's a mad dash to get all your vitals into the white. But from there on in, it's easy street as far as food is concerned. So the only hardship, as far as food is concerned, is the pain in the arse the player has to go through at the beginning of every character.

So, spawning characters with damaged clothes also, is just going to make that pain in the arse even worse.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Agree with this. That change makes no real sense.

But what I'd really like to see as far as a change in spawning goes, is for players to spawn with a full stomach, so there isn't this silly, automatic, need to go racing around for food the second you're in the game. But, food sources, including animals should be made harder to find/hunt.

As things stand, there's a mad dash to get all your vitals into the white. But from there on in, it's easy street as far as food is concerned. So the only hardship, as far as food is concerned, is the pain in the arse the player has to go through at the beginning of every character.

So, spawning characters with damaged clothes also, is just going to make that pain in the arse even worse.

I disagree. The early game struggle to find food/water is what keeps freshies from just sprinting to their body or to NWAF/Tidy to gear up. It isn't difficult to find food if you know where to look and you aren't sprinting around in the rain.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ZingZootZephyr said:

I disagree. The early game struggle to find food/water is what keeps freshies from just sprinting to their body or to NWAF/Tidy to gear up. It isn't difficult to find food if you know where to look and you aren't sprinting around in the rain.

The solution there is to delete the body and the gear, so freshies don't just sprint to where they dropped.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

The solution there is to delete the body and the gear, so freshies don't just sprint to where they dropped.

So how are people supposed to loot people they kill?

• Thanks 1