ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.09 (Changelog)

5 hours ago, drgullen said:

@ImpulZ

Where are all the knives in 1.09?  I get that the CLE loot was incorrect at first (Livonia on Chernarus by mistake) but I for the life of me cannot find any knives anywhere so far on this patch.  The economy just feels really off.  I would hate to be a newcomer to DayZ and have 1.09 be my first experience because for whatever reason, you folks insist on having the Experimental servers be constantly raining.  Without finding a knife (or stones to craft one but they seem too rare as well), you're basically soon dead in the rain.

Can you tell us on Exp 1.09 what the nominal values are for the various knives?  Were those numbers lowered?  Were there spawn locations changed?

Where the heck are they?

I still this this has todo with increasing the lifetimes from hours to days on many items. Items just aren't cycling through the CLE like they used to. For knives, you've got SteakKnife town,village - tier 1,2 (100 max) and KitchenKnife Town,Village - anywhere (90 max).  They both last 48 hours, so what could the distribution  be along the coast? Used to be they were 2 hours, so there would be de/respawning. AND don't forget the idle timer on the CLE when there are no players.

2 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I still this this has todo with increasing the lifetimes from hours to days on many items. Items just aren't cycling through the CLE like they used to. For knives, you've got SteakKnife town,village - tier 1,2 (100 max) and KitchenKnife Town,Village - anywhere (90 max).  They both last 48 hours, so what could the distribution  be along the coast? Used to be they were 2 hours, so there would be de/respawning. AND don't forget the idle timer on the CLE when there are no players.

Yeah the way things work now, we're never going to reach the max values, so again the question is, what are the nominal values?

1 hour ago, The xbobs need help said:

Will the trucks be added back to console or will we forever be teased with truck batteries?

Trucks aren't in on PC either, just so you know. The truck batteries you can use to power PA systems or christmas lights and spotlights in your base. Lasts a helluva lot longer than a car battery and doesn't make noise like the generator. 

But yeah, the truck will come back at some point, but I suspect they need to stabilise the jittery suspension simulation before they dare add it. The V3S has six wheels, so probably a greater risk it gets launched into orbit at the slightest hint of desync.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

I think stones should be much easier to find, but stone knives should last 2-3 uses at most. A stone knife is a poorman's knife, the way it is now it's usually harder to get a stone knife that any other one lol.

IMHO.

16 minutes ago, JJ_Judge said:

I think stones should be much easier to find, but stone knives should last 2-3 uses at most. A stone knife is a poorman's knife, the way it is now it's usually harder to get a stone knife that any other one lol.

IMHO.

Actually that has changed in 1.09 exp. Running up and down a trail and some train tracks I filled my pockets - literally - with small stones. And they do only last a few uses, depending on what you use them for. If you cut rags I think it is 3, gut chickens or cut fish hooks 3 or 4, they last a little longer in combat but not much, it is better to punch zeds to death to save the knife...

Still, as I wrote above, I think changing the mechanic of finding small stones was a mistake. You get over a hundred stones littering the ground as loot around the map, instead of having maybe a half dozen survivors doing a search action for just the amount (2) of stones they need to make their knife. It would be better for server performance to make it a search function, and less frustrating for players. If is considered OP then make it so you can't do the search over and over in the same location (a client-side cooldown of 5 minutes would be enough, no need for the server to track it).

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

12 hours ago, Thundermight said:

Not really.
 It will still be as rare as helicrashes are, and even if you manage to find one (which is 3 spawns up per server max, i guess) it is not certain that you will find rare weapons, you might find some aks or m4. LAR, SVD and VSS is still rare between helicrash sites.
 What this change does do is so you no longer get locked out of those weapons because someone have them all buried somewhere.
Right now there are a fixed amount of rare weapons per server (don't quite remember the value), so if we suppose that it is 5 for LAR, once it all is on someone's storage, it change from "rare" to "no longer available".

Ok but those player will use those rare weapons first or later.

So now there is a chance to have them killing or raiding, that is challenging.

With new system, not in one day, not in two, but eventually we all will have those weapons because we (at least after some hours od experience on Dayz) know where those heli are.

So its a really drastic change.

Now is 0 to 5 rare weapon around no matter what...tomorrow, eventually, will be almost all of us with them...and it will be booooring if you ask me!!!

We have a new Experimental update with more tweaks and fixes for you. 🙂

Enjoy and let us know your feedback!

Update 1.09.153360 - Release on 25.08.2020

FIXED

• Fixed a bug preventing to drag dead bodies out of vehicles
  • Fixed a bug that prevented foliage smoothing settings to be applied on game restart
  • Fixed an issue that caused bullets shot via the double-fire-mode (BK 43 and Blaze) to only be registered as one hit
  • Fixed an issue that caused clothing items placed into a Utility Buttpack to respawn on the ground when logging in
  • Fixed a bug that allowed usage of a ruined lock pick
  • Fixed an issue that allowed the flag pole to be placed under low ceilings
  • Fixed a bug that caused issues with accessing the flag pole kit, when dropped too close next to a wall
  • Fixed an issue preventing quantities of items spawned within cargo at random capacity

CHANGED

• Lowered the weight of the Revolver
  • New characters spawn with a T-Shirt and crop hiking pants
  • New characters have a chance to spawn with damaged gear
  • Worn and damaged clothing has lower effect on heat isolation and absorbency
  • Like 3
  • Beans 3

Hello Bohemia, thanks.

One question: Will dragging or carrying of dead / unconscious players be implemented at one point?

Hello.

One question: Will you make some achievements in the game/steam sometimes?

Thanks for answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myrec said:

Hello.

One question: Will you make some achievements in the game/steam sometimes?

Thanks for answer.

In the past they said no to that, But these days you never know.

Is the bug still present getting hit-damage leaving a vehicle with a running engine?

Similar to the bug of getting damage running "into" a vehicle with a running engine.

Car collision detection really needs to be fixed.

Edited by fake

Can you mark human fat, there must be a difference from animal fat. There is no visual difference between them, the description will also not give a result.

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Then we will now experience even more player doing suicides on the beach to spawn again and again until they have the desired equipment

1 hour ago, hegra said:

Can you mark human fat, there must be a difference from animal fat. There is no visual difference between them, the description will also not give a result.

I prefer it the way it is. Fat has a dramatically higher calorie value than any other food. It has to have a downside. Unless you got the fat yourself from a trusted source, it should be a risk eating it.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

🙂New characters spawn with a T-Shirt and crop hiking pants

• Worn and damaged clothing has lower effect on heat isolation and absorbency.

Going to be good to mix up early game and give tshirts some actual purpose.

9 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

New characters have a chance to spawn with damaged gear

You folks really need to rethink this one.  It is already extremely difficult to survive as a new spawn in the rain when your clothes are pristine.  If some characters spawn with damaged shirt and pants, as someone else said earlier, they'll just suicide.

I think you guys are changing too many things unnecessarily.  The game as it was playing in 1.08 was fine.  I don't like the prolonged lifetime values and I definitely don't like this change at all.  I spawn with pristine clothes and my buddy spawns badly damaged and dies from the cold faster than me.  Yippee, sounds like fun.

• Beans 3

5 hours ago, drgullen said:

You folks really need to rethink this one.  It is already extremely difficult to survive as a new spawn in the rain when your clothes are pristine.  If some characters spawn with damaged shirt and pants, as someone else said earlier, they'll just suicide.

I think you guys are changing too many things unnecessarily.  The game as it was playing in 1.08 was fine.  I don't like the prolonged lifetime values and I definitely don't like this change at all.  I spawn with pristine clothes and my buddy spawns badly damaged and dies from the cold faster than me.  Yippee, sounds like fun.

Gotta agree with this one, I am more than okay with reverting to starting with a T-shirt - that is as it should be - but randomly starting with damaged clothes is just unfair. The least you can ask for is equal chances when you spawn fresh (disregarding that some spawn locations are way more challenging than others).

So far I like the prolonged lifetime values though, it really makes the world seem more like a persistent world and not a gamey playground where the Powers that Be keep throwing fresh toys on the ground in your path. Oh I understand the potential frustration when you're used to loot being shuffled around more often, but I really think this is for the best. Plus restock hasn't changed so things that have been picked up will respawn somewhere pretty much instantly. The change also promotes staying on the move which potentially will increase the chances/risks of running into other players.

Edited by Derleth

I think spawning with the chance of damaged clothing is fine. It adds to the variation with each spawn and also in difficulty. Sure it might not be equal and thus 'fair', but I can't see why this actually matters in Dayz?

If people are that desperate for pristine clothing, then just let them suicide till they got what they want. I think many others like the additional challenge when they spawn with damaged clothing. Besides, most towns that you spawn next with have tons of clothing to replace it very quickly anyway.

Love the change that we start with a t shirt by the way. Finally many more clothing options are interesting again.

Edited by amadieus
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, amadieus said:

I think spawning with the chance of damaged clothing is fine. It adds to the variation with each spawn and also in difficulty. Sure it might not be equal and thus 'fair', but I can't see why this actually matters in Dayz?

If people are that desperate for pristine clothing, then just let them suicide till they got what they want. I think many others like the additional challenge when they spawn with damaged clothing. Besides, most towns that you spawn next with have tons of clothing to replace it very quickly anyway.

Love the change that we start with a t shirt by the way. Finally many more clothing options are interesting again.

Agreed. I think it is a bit boring that there are no pants with smaller inventory now, before 0.63 the small pockets of the jeans made finding other pants as much a priority as getting a hoodie. I kinda miss having that frustratingly small inventory at the start - finding a burlap sack or badly damaged kids' bag was something you yelled out loud over...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, drgullen said:

I don't like the prolonged lifetime values and I definitely don't like this change at all.  I spawn with pristine clothes and my buddy spawns badly damaged and dies from the cold faster than me.  Yippee, sounds like fun.

I am actually way too excited for this hahaha. I wish back the days when (unintentional by the devs) items had infinite lifetime values and even an mp5 would be a treasure that you could find anywhere (even in a random field) if you were extremely lucky. Also freshies being clothed in damaged t-shirts will for one make them look like hobos (I love my HoboZ) and it actually makes you pick up the clothes you find on the coast like tracksuits. Wether you are wearing a hoodie or a t-shirt makes no difference to being cold. You will be cold in either of them at night and in the rain. What exactly bothers you about the prolonged lifetimes, I'd like to know. It will probably cause more lag, but I like stuff to lay around for a while so you can set up a shop for example and not have your wares disappear behind your back or the crops you are collecting in your farm.

Edited by Homeschooliazon

51 minutes ago, Homeschooliazon said:

I am actually way too excited for this hahaha. I wish back the days when (unintentional by the devs) items had infinite lifetime values and even an mp5 would be a treasure that you could find anywhere (even in a random field) if you were extremely lucky. Also freshies being clothed in damaged t-shirts will for one make them look like hobos (I love my HoboZ) and it actually makes you pick up the clothes you find on the coast like tracksuits. Wether you are wearing a hoodie or a t-shirt makes no difference to being cold. You will be cold in either of them at night and in the rain. What exactly bothers you about the prolonged lifetimes, I'd like to know. It will probably cause more lag, but I like stuff to lay around for a while so you can set up a shop for example and not have your wares disappear behind your back or the crops you are collecting in your farm.

It's bad because when trying to survive as a freshie you NEED a knife... the hardest part of starting off is find a knife, pickaxe or sledgehammer to craft a knife... from there you can gut chickens and fish to survive and create a fire. Until you have a knife you're good as dead with even less loot to find.

We should be able to break bark of trees without a knife. Now you need a Stone or knife. 

So a handrill kit would be like IRL make and work it with hands. 

Now they are making it even harder for fresh Spawns with the damage BS. Lets face it Devs have no plan, no clue even what the playerbase can and want to endure. 

Proof: go to kasmishovo on a vanilla server. Nothing but hoodies cluttering the cle and server performance.

Stones laying around the server? Impact on server performance. All that zombie loot not being picked up? Impact on server performance. 

Its getting far from better.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, discipled said:

It's bad because when trying to survive as a freshie you NEED a knife... the hardest part of starting off is find a knife, pickaxe or sledgehammer to craft a knife... from there you can gut chickens and fish to survive and create a fire. Until you have a knife you're good as dead with even less loot to find.

But the small stone spawns have been increased a lot so making stone knives will be a bigger deal early game.

• Like 1