jakub_bohemia

Stable Update 1.08

Are they going to fix the bases crashing the PS4? We have a nice size base that will crash your system if you are even 200 yards from it. It also seems like the tents and lagging people up as well.

39 minutes ago, JesterJohnPgh said:

Are they going to fix the bases crashing the PS4? We have a nice size base that will crash your system if you are even 200 yards from it. It also seems like the tents and lagging people up as well.

Maybe this:

FIXED

Fixed: Performance issues around bigger bases, which could also lead to client crashes

@jakub_bohemia appreciate the hotfix. 

This is one of the best new features in 1.08 for servers owners but its missing cfgeventspawns.xml. If you can add that, most owners will not have to edit core XML files anymore (except cfgeconomycore.xml).

DayZ:Central Economy mission files modding

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Central_Economy_mission_files_modding

Also, please update The Central Economy files. I've had to help a number of console owners since they don't have an easy way to get the original files.

https://github.com/BohemiaInteractive/DayZ-Central-Economy

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Fixed: Performance issues around bigger bases, which could also lead to client crashes 

Does this mean the annoying freeze with bases loading in is gone?

10 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Uncheck read only in your dayz profile properties. I was getting a lot of this a while back and it was the same for both DayZ and Arma. Certainly wasn't a hardware failure. 

I verified the cache. Seems to have done the trick so far.

• Like 1

Anyone know if the PU Scope is spawning? I swear I've been up and down the map for the last couple of days and not seen a single one.

Can we please get the under the map to glitch into bases fixed.  Don’t mind people attacking my base straight up but the swimming under the map thing really sucks.  Base crashing is now fixed thanks much.  This is a good game let’s make it better. 

PS4,the desync is just as bad as usual and the frames drop is worse than 1.07!  Is this ever going to be fixed if not give this to another company that will fix these issues. Or just admit that you cant fix it!

some feedback for 1.08:

carwrecks: really nice they are in chernarus now too. but i didnt see a single carwreck with a door to take (like it is on livonia). was this just forgotten or meant to be?  instead i see e.g. an olga trunk door spawning in a lada^^ wheels on carwrecks seem superrare too. i think i saw one on a gunther in 3 days.

also some carwrecks spawn military gear now 😕 hmmm. finding an akm in a lada is a bit weird.

tier zones: did u make a change of the zones? i found tactical vest and vsd mag in west evac which is both tier 4 loot. never saw stuff like that there in the last years. i thought tier 4 is tisy military only?

also; why doesnt the sporter spawn in tier 1 zones (according to the types.xml file)? but still people find it in cherno (well maybe it was dropped by another player or sth is goin wrong).

i like the change that medics now spawn with different amount of pills. but it should be possible to combine them. specially if they are in a bottle like the vitamin pills. so in theory u carry three bottles with each one pill inside and cant put em together.

2 hours ago, etwas said:

i like the change that medics now spawn with different amount of pills. but it should be possible to combine them. specially if they are in a bottle like the vitamin pills. so in theory u carry three bottles with each one pill inside and cant put em together.

Also for matches.

3 minutes ago, wildzero said:

Also for matches.

Worked this way in 0.62, and there are mods that enable it. My guess it is on the devs’ to-do list but not a priority right now, which is fine with me.

5 hours ago, bohicafool said:

PS4,the desync is just as bad as usual and the frames drop is worse than 1.07!  Is this ever going to be fixed if not give this to another company that will fix these issues. Or just admit that you cant fix it!

They can’t fix the sub par hardware in consoles. I doubt it will get noticeably better before PS5 (and whatever the next xbox is called.)

DayZ was created and optimised for PC, on PC you can customise video settings if your machine is old and weak, no can do on console - hello stutters.

What they could do is reduce detail to run better - but then console players would cry bloody murder over it not being as pretty as on PC. They can’t win.

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Anyone know if the PU Scope is spawning? I swear I've been up and down the map for the last couple of days and not seen a single one.

I find them in the small summer camp cabins. They are spawning.

• Like 1

What's going on with the mosin and 7.62x54 ? Has his damage been reduced? Before it allowed to kill in a bullet, now it takes 2 or 3 ! Please restore damage as before, thx !

Edited by lvw06

3 hours ago, LoveAffair said:

I find them in the small summer camp cabins. They are spawning.

Cheers LA.

I've been looking in the cabins, but haven't seen one.

Just unlucky I spose.

Pity, I am using the mosin for the first time, but it's no fun without a scope.

3 hours ago, lvw06 said:

What's going on with the mosin and 7.62x54 ? Has his damage been reduced? Before it allowed to kill in a bullet, now it takes 2 or 3 ! Please restore damage as before, thx !

I've been one shotting everything with it so far.

On 6/29/2020 at 4:58 PM, jakub_bohemia said:

Fixed: It was possible to get out of vehicles too close to walls 

If the car somehow finds itself in the bushes, the body of the killed infected person will lie nearby, or some object near the car door - the exit or entrance to the car may be blocked.
 I understand the purpose of blocking the exit and entrance of the driver at the vehicle, near the walls, next to the fence. But this should not apply to all objects that were next to the vehicle. Do a test of interaction with the vehicle, after changing the mechanics of interaction and correct it before release. The ticket has long been on the tracker, have a conscience and attention to issues. It is not necessary to have a narrow fantasy, before deciding to block the exploit of penetration to the base of players. Think broader, imagine how it affects other parts of the game and check how it works.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149782

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 9:05 AM, etwas said:

carwrecks: really nice they are in chernarus now too. but i didnt see a single carwreck with a door to take (like it is on livonia). was this just forgotten or meant to be?  instead i see e.g. an olga trunk door spawning in a lada^^ wheels on carwrecks seem superrare too. i think i saw one on a gunther in 3 days.

so this is an experience on my own server. anyway, i played on a different server yesterday, checked ONE car, and it had TWO doors i was able to take.

can anybody please enlighten me which file this covers?

1 hour ago, etwas said:

so this is an experience on my own server. anyway, i played on a different server yesterday, checked ONE car, and it had TWO doors i was able to take.

can anybody please enlighten me which file this covers?

I get both on my server, depending a bit on car type I think. I think it might have to do with the category vehiclesparts/vehicleparts typo in the server files, but then that typo is in the Livonia files too so I am definitely not sure about that. Anyway I changed any appearance of "vehicleparts" in the files to "vehiclesparts" manually (these appeared in mapgroupproto.xml iirc) and now car parts seem to be spawning as they should.

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I get both on my server, depending a bit on car type I think. I think it might have to do with the category vehiclesparts/vehicleparts typo in the server files, but then that typo is in the Livonia files too so I am definitely not sure about that. Anyway I changed any appearance of "vehicleparts" in the files to "vehiclesparts" manually (these appeared in mapgroupproto.xml iirc) and now car parts seem to be spawning as they should.

thanks for your reply. i saw u mentioned this some time ago and i did exactly that changes in the mapgroupproto.xml file also. i just double checked and its all set to "vehiclesparts" on my server. i might just wipe the server again and see what happens....

So I'm just wondering are we going to got more base building stuff in the future like electric fences and rain catchers 

1 hour ago, etwas said:

thanks for your reply. i saw u mentioned this some time ago and i did exactly that changes in the mapgroupproto.xml file also. i just double checked and its all set to "vehiclesparts" on my server. i might just wipe the server again and see what happens....

wiped the server - still no doors at any carwreck. i checked like 20 cars. can only open/close.

i then changed back again from "vehiclesparts" to "vehicleparts" - wiped again. same shit. i mean this is just a small thing, but this annoys me so much 😞

edit: d'oh!

working now by changing the types.xml file. (changing from "tools" to "vehiclesparts" for all the hatchback and sedan parts in there.) still have it set to "vehicleparts" in the mapgroupproto.

Edited by etwas
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, etwas said:

wiped the server - still no doors at any carwreck. i checked like 20 cars. can only open/close.

i then changed back again from "vehiclesparts" to "vehicleparts" - wiped again. same shit. i mean this is just a small thing, but this annoys me so much 😞

edit: d'oh!

working now by changing the types.xml file. (changing from "tools" to "vehiclesparts" for all the hatchback and sedan parts in there.) still have it set to "vehicleparts" in the mapgroupproto.

Aaaah yeah, a long time ago someone recommended changing category on car parts to "tools" to avoid the error spam from the vehiclesparts typo. Now that the category vehiclesparts is exclusive to car wrecks, parts tagged as tools will not spawn attached to the wrecks.

(A consequence of this is also that if you have modded cars on your server, their doors and wheels MUST have category tools, NOT vehiclesparts, or they will never spawn in sheds etc.)

Edited by Derleth

9 hours ago, Derleth said:

Aaaah yeah, a long time ago someone recommended changing category on car parts to "tools" to avoid the error spam from the vehiclesparts typo. Now that the category vehiclesparts is exclusive to car wrecks, parts tagged as tools will not spawn attached to the wrecks.

(A consequence of this is also that if you have modded cars on your server, their doors and wheels MUST have category tools, NOT vehiclesparts, or they will never spawn in sheds etc.)

alright, good to know! no modded vehicles luckily on the server.

for the devs,

there's a tiny soundbug with the open barrel catching rain. it makes opening/closing sounds whole time it rains and also when u drain the water out.