jakub_bohemia

Stable Update 1.08

Building Mechanics SUGGESTIONS.

Players should have more freedom within static buildings to build inside. Currently you are limited to building a wall against a window wall in a house because the is furniture in the way/

Can the furniture PLEASE not be considered an Obstruction for placing a fence! SO we can board up windowed areas of a house.

• Beans 1

Hand drill kit isn't working. Cannot start a fire with one.

edit:   You have to be outside it seems.

Edited by Tonyeh

3 hours ago, GoldenKingship said:

Building Mechanics SUGGESTIONS.

Players should have more freedom within static buildings to build inside. Currently you are limited to building a wall against a window wall in a house because the is furniture in the way/

Can the furniture PLEASE not be considered an Obstruction for placing a fence! SO we can board up windowed areas of a house.

I'd rather see them add door and window barricades to the vanilla base building features. There has been mods doing this for quite some time, and it is leagues better than impossibly clipping fences into walls to barricade a house. Look at the mod "MoreDoors" for example. Its features should be vanilla, no "BuildAnywhere" or other hackish tricks necessary, just barricades tailored to fit existing buildings.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

39 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Hand drill kit isn't working. Cannot start a fire with one.

edit:   You have to be outside it seems.

Yeah to light a fire indoors you need to use the indoor stoves and fireplaces, setting a fire on the floor doesn't work anymore.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I'd rather see them add door and window barricades to the vanilla base building features. There has been mods doing this for quite some time, and it is leagues better than impossibly clipping fences into walls to barricade a house. Look at the mod "MoreDoors" for example. Its features should be vanilla, no "BuildAnywhere" or other hackish tricks necessary, just barricades tailored to fit existing buildings.

DayZ Expansion mod has you built the wall that has a door and with BuildAnywhere mod you can align that door to the door of the house and essentially have double door because you can't really remove the door from the house xD also windows so you can make those walls inside the actual walls of the house and have only door part be visible xD really nice

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Yeah to light a fire indoors you need to use the indoor stoves and fireplaces, setting a fire on the floor doesn't work anymore.

I think the heating mechanics of the fires aren't up to much either. They don't seem to make you very warm, unless you're sitting on top of them and then you risk burning yourself.

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

DayZ Expansion mod has you built the wall that has a door and with BuildAnywhere mod you can align that door to the door of the house and essentially have double door because you can't really remove the door from the house xD also windows so you can make those walls inside the actual walls of the house and have only door part be visible xD really nice

Aye, but that's exactly what I don't like about BuildAnywhere and clipping walls/fences into existing structures. It works of course, but it would better if two simple barricading options were implemented into vanilla - bolting/reinforcing a door (so you can attach combo locks or modded code locks) and barricading windows. This without the need of clipping fences into walls so you can't dismantle afterwards etc.

i cant make fire in barn?
i cant unstack sticks?
fire should be able to do everywhere but if made to the houses floor,it should make you sick if been too long with carbon monoxide.

• Like 1

I would like to point out problems with the Watchtowers - now if two towers are nearby and (IMPORTANT) the game gives permission to expand the construction mark, then you may come across a top or bottom wall or even an overlap, since they will overlap each other.

Do anyone else have the bug when entering a house the temperature icon starts flashing red. It happens in every house, and only when it's sunny outside, if we switch to night, it dosn't happen.

With the new update

building is so slow  now trying to set out a plan using watch tower kits only to find I can't build  because of a branch or something is in the way

what happend to if you are able to deploy the kit you can build it 

I have  been playing dayz since it came out on xbox and I like base building  but with this new update it is making base building very slow and very hard to get done I run with a group of good friends and before the up date we built a 12 x 20 base out off watchtower s in 2 days I we started building the exact plan again and it still not finished please put base buildings back to the way it was before the up date 

Some bugs that we found on our PVE server:

1-It is not possible to divide(Split) the items.
2-We can't get out of the vehicles being inside the bases and even the car tent.
3-It is not possible to open the doors and trunk of abandoned vehicles.
4-Small collision when entering / exiting the car tent.
5-Crash game more than normal

Fixing these new Bugs is enough for now! Update was very good! I'm a fan of Dayz! Congratulations to the developers. I believe they are doing things as far as possible.

22 hours ago, kopo79 said:

i cant make fire in barn?
i cant unstack sticks?
fire should be able to do everywhere but if made to the houses floor,it should make you sick if been too long with carbon monoxide.

Either you get sick - or you set the entire house on fire. Either way would be good!

Anyone want to tell me what this is, cos I'm getting all the time on 1.08

Untitled-1.jpg

4 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Untitled-1.jpg

Have you tried verifying the integrity of game files via Steam?
Should be a standard procedure after every update.

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling Visual C++ Redist files.

If that won't work either, it could be a problem with your drivers or a hardware issue at the very least.

Drivers are up to date.

I'll see if verifying the files will do something.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:31 AM, Tonyeh said:

I think the heating mechanics of the fires aren't up to much either. They don't seem to make you very warm, unless you're sitting on top of them and then you risk burning yourself.

I don't see any troubles with this, the only thing that bothers me alot is that when i'm trying to cook meat on the campfire,  i've got red temperature after few minutes and my health is starting to go down.... I find this super ridiculous, together with raining... Imagine playing game heavily based on realism, where u are dying to high temperature when sitting next to fireplace for some time,  I don't know how devs, but when i was young I was sitting near campfire for nearly two hours, baking sausages but didn't noticed i would slowly dying from heat 😄   Also dying to hypothermia during Summer rain when you are fully geared, wearing waterproof jacket,  army trousers, hiking boots and still dying to cold while running is Really stupid to me...  Fix those weird temperature situations would be Quality of life improvement for the game.

^

I dunno. I think fires should radiate more heat than they currently do. Too often I've sat beside a fire in the open and lost heat. Whereas I fell I should be able to get warm sitting by the fire/stove.

I've never got a red temp unless I've got waaay to close and I'm burning myself on the fireplace. But that happens because I am trying to get close enough to regenerate my heat level. A campfire, stove, house fire should make you temp go up from a foot away. I shouldn't have to sit on top of one like a firebug.

The Hypothermia thing I've never seen. But isn't Chernorus supposed to be set during Autumn/winter months? Unless you're talking about Livonia, which I don't have.

Hi everyone, I found problems on multiple clean servers, when installing a 4-digit code lock, it’s a bug, and you cannot help but open the door and unlock

On 7/5/2020 at 11:36 PM, Tonyeh said:

Untitled-1.jpg

Uncheck read only in your dayz profile properties. I was getting a lot of this a while back and it was the same for both DayZ and Arma. Certainly wasn't a hardware failure. 

Hi guys, we are releasing a new hotfix for 1.08. Focus will be on mitigating the performance issues caused by 1.08.

Version: 1.08.153258

GAME

ADDED

• Added: The damage state of the Fence / Watchtower parts is now visible in the hud (the dot next to the targets name)

FIXED

• Fixed: Containers with liquid did not have their correct weight after filling
  • Fixed: Performance issues around bigger bases, which could also lead to client crashes

CHANGED

• Tweaked: Lowered intensity of sun shafts

KNOWN ISSUES

• The damaged states will not be displayed on the fences and watchtowers
  • Beans 2

19 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Hi guys, we are releasing a new hotfix for 1.08. Focus will be on mitigating the performance issues caused by 1.08.

Version: 1.08.153258

GAME

ADDED

• Added: The damage state of the Fence / Watchtower parts is now visible in the hud (the dot next to the targets name)

FIXED

• Fixed: Containers with liquid did not have their correct weight after filling
  • Fixed: Performance issues around bigger bases, which could also lead to client crashes

CHANGED

• Tweaked: Lowered intensity of sun shafts

KNOWN ISSUES

• The damaged states will not be displayed on the fences and watchtowers

And the abandoned car wrecks still cant be opened correctly?

Why are this bug since the first EXP from 1.08 in the final patch?

Edited by cj187_berlin

3 hours ago, cj187_berlin said:

And the abandoned car wrecks still cant be opened correctly?

Why are this bug since the first EXP from 1.08 in the final patch?

I doubt this is a bug. I think it is intended that car doors of the wrecks have trouble opening.

Edited by amadieus
  • Like 1

What about the multiple lighting types crashes that are happening on console? Can't have more than one type of light on at a time or the whole game freezes up. 

Can you change loading data within network buble. So items should be load when you interact with them. Now, if you are playing on community server where so many bases and other hidden things it's so laggy, because client loading everything in the network buble i guess. Can you please load items when you are interact with stash or barrel and unload when you are stop interact with them ?