jakub_bohemia

Stable Update 1.08

7 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Ah right.

I only had the one guy.

I also had more  than one char and they are all gone. What do you mean by starting a session, should I just connect to the server(s) and they should be restored? 

24 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

I also had more  than one char and they are all gone. What do you mean by starting a session, should I just connect to the server(s) and they should be restored? 

Well ok, that actually worked 🙂 at least on one server. 

have the economy files been updated? I do not see new objects in the files. or wait for another update?

Have a lot of troubles with mods since 1.08 update.

They all report an error with "hologram" and *.c code with "EvaluateCollision"

What do I have to change to make my mod compatible again?

Thanks

12 hours ago, Pari Parollo said:

Hello all. This is my first post here due to a very importand think thats missing.
First of all I would like to thank Bohemia for adding new contents. I have been playing today since the patch release and I had literally no problems at all.
New locations looks good, FIX of boosting players using car parts etc works great !- very important you got rid of it.
Like I said one think is missing: disableBaseDamage and disableContainerDamage for consoles. We are missing this option and I am guessing it should be on nitrado webside in GENERAL servers option.
Its very important for vast mojority of players what have been waiting for it. I even advertised my new server as a "INDESTRUCTIBLE BASES" which supposed to be started today with v1,08.
PLEASE make it happen guys ! I really hope that NITRADO just simply forgot about it and you can remind them politely so we can have this option ASAP.
Thank You very much one more time for your good work at such a hard times.
Stay safe !

@jakub_bohemia This is really important for us .

@jakub_bohemia

It's absolutely impossible to join a community server for me.
Joining public servers is working fine.

At the moment I'm clicking on the button "Play" the whole client gets stuck for some seconds
and after nothing seems to happen. No login countdown, no queue just absolutelly nothing.

On the server side this log appears:

2020/07/01, 13:06:53.194 [Disconnect]: No packets from 6551356 in login queue
2020/07/01, 13:06:53.194 [Disconnect]: DisconnectPlayerFinish 6551356
2020/07/01, 13:06:54.199 [Disconnect]: Remove player info 6551356
2020/07/01, 13:08:59.869 [Disconnect]: Client 46884195 disconnecting
2020/07/01, 13:08:59.869 [Disconnect]: Client 46884195 early disconnect
2020/07/01, 13:08:59.885 [Disconnect]: DisconnectPlayerFinish 46884195
2020/07/01, 13:08:59.885 [Disconnect]: Remove player info 46884195

As I said I am not even able to reach the login counter.

After this issue happened the DayZ client is completelly unable to connect to any server anymore.

The button "Play" just no longer seems to be working, not for public servers or community servers.
A client restart fixes the issue but does not fix the issue I'm unable to connect to ANY community server.

---

And yeah, of course, verifying files, reinstall and so on doesn't help, too.

(edit)

The issue seem to be fixed.

The server wasn't able to download all init & economy script files and started in a "stuck" mode.

Edited by fake

Still mismatch between 'vehiclesparts' and 'vehicleparts' in the server files. In types.xml and cfglimitsdefinition.xml the category is 'vehiclesparts', in mapgroupproto.xml 'vehicleparts' without s is used. This causes the server to spam "unknown category vehicleparts" messages at startup. Changed it manually in mapgroupproto.xml, but could this be looked at before the next update?

Edit: @jakub_bohemia It seems a lot of car wrecks are missing from the map, the loot spawning in them is there though, hovering in thin air. Can something on server end cause the car wrecks to not appear?

Edited by Derleth

@jakub_bohemia Turns out it is not only on my server: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T151555

Why remove wrecks that had no replacement with new ones? Doesn't make sense, makes the map empty and loot floating in mid-air looks very unprofessional. This can't be intended?

Or is the s1203 still intended to be implemented as a driveable car and the wrecks were removed pending implementation of reworked wreck models?

Edited by Derleth

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

@jakub_bohemia Turns out it is not only on my server: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T151555

Why remove wrecks that had no replacement with new ones? Doesn't make sense, makes the map empty and loot floating in mid-air looks very unprofessional. This can't be intended?

Or is the s1203 still intended to be implemented as a driveable car and the wrecks were removed pending implementation of reworked wreck models?

You know, you COULD regenerate your loot spawnpoints.  BI doesn't do that in an update, that's up to the server owner to know how and when.

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Lazy devs...

10 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

When I first loaded up 1.08, my character from the night before was gone on the menu page. It was just one of the default males. But I just hit the "play" button and jumped into the last server I was on and my character was there. When I quit out of that server, I could see my character back on the menu page.

Another issue I've noticed. Car doors won't open. The game gives you the option to open/close the car doors, boots and bonnets, but they don't actually do it on screen.

It's no biggie, but it looks weird. You can still get what ever goodies are inside, which often aren't much use anyway.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, the energy from food and drink seem to be getting used at a much slower rate. Is anyone else seeing this? A couple of nights ago, I was starving in a matter of a couple of hours. Last night I got rid of all the food in my backpack so I could have space.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:58 AM, jakub_bohemia said:

Added: Parameters necessary for the idle mode (CE will be paused when there is no player on the server)

Where can we find out more about this?

16 hours ago, zBS-788d5ef71cd43a71 said:

PLZ LOOK FEEDBACK 😢  https://feedback.bistudio.com/T152224

@jakub_bohemia  OK.  This is  worse than the videos attached to that ticket.  On a brand new vanilla server setup, weapon aiming lag is bad.  Not all the time, just only when you are trying to kill a bunch of zeds.  It went from a half-second to a second in 1.07 to well over a second now in 1.08.  If you are in the middle of nowhere and no zeds it's fine, but GOD help you if you are killin zeds or worse yet, trying to engage another player.  It does this in 1pp or 3pp either going to ADS or Scope.  I've seriously never seen it as bad as it is now.  On my Expansion modded server it is even worse.  I went around the school in Elektro and Server fps was around 6000 fps, but I was trying to ADS to get some zeds but a full second or more of lag.   This is game breaking for survival, I had a zed get two good licks on me before I could even bring my weapon to hip fire.... this has been ongoing for awhile and this patch it is worse than I have seen yet, please look at this, this KILLS PvP and even PvE.  We got veteran players who refuse to play because it's soooo bad this patch.

And while you guys are at it, I probably have 2 or 3 thousand doors in those new wrecked vehicles across my server, I know that cannot be helping server performance.  They are multiplying like rabbits, seriously.  HELP!  We will be drowning in doors and trunk lids if this continues much longer!

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Beans 1

19 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

They rather added the sporter rifle... 😑

Don't forget the fry pan! 😂 They added the fry pan too! 🤣

• Like 3

just wondering if the implementation of wood stacking change is a "change" or a result of something else.  cannot swap out bunches of logs (4 in a pile for 1 on the ground) and stacks of planks (anything for 20)  also not being able to right click on stacks of objects to drop half is really annoying.   is this going to be a feature? because it makes stacking anything a nightmare - thanks

edit - i forgot cannot combine planks of any size over 10  weird?

Edited by mother1977
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

You know, you COULD regenerate your loot spawnpoints.  BI doesn't do that in an update, that's up to the server owner to know how and when.

I always wipe the server files completely and re-apply my configurations, to avoid getting weird side effects from using old files. These loot spawns come with the files, server owners shouldn't need to update that or fix various typos in the xmls.

Edit: By the way, it seems to me they have tweaked item restock times to make loot cycling less lucrative. Need to do some more testing to be certain, but I get that impression.

Edited by Derleth

4 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

And while you guys are at it, I probably have 2 or 3 thousand doors in those new wrecked vehicles across my server, I know that cannot be helping server performance.  They are multiplying like rabbits, seriously.  HELP!  We will be drowning in doors and trunk lids if this continues much longer!

I’m pretty sure that thing is an Expansion bug, they have acknowledged it as such at least. I’m not getting heaps of doors on my server anyway, I have removed Expansion for the time being, they have some bug crunching to do.

And about that ADS bug, I feel like I’m eating crazy pills because I have never noticed any delay on any server...

My private sever loses connection after about 45 minutes  or so of being on the server and then the data becomes corrupt or something as I can't log back in unless I delete the data folder in Storage_1. If nobody is on the server it seems to keep running, but after awhile if you try to join it will say "lost connection to the host". Everything was working fine before the update, any ideas anyone??

Congratulations to the whole team for this great update since the time I have been waiting for it, unfortunately I am no longer too much time to play anyway good work, continue as its @jakub_bohemia

😘

Edited by Fixthegame

floor swallow bug still here...when you drag clothing directly on your character and swap the previous one ,it has a change to get swallowed by the ground.I hoped this was fixed but no its still present.Also some items spawn semi buried too but can be seen and picked up from the ground.Another bug i found is some indoor stoves appear as not interactive and do not show the fireplace vicinity unless you take food in your hands and click place/attach,then the fireplace vicinity is shown.Futrthermore, you can't open the doors and trunks of npc cars and the bleeding sound is still bugged and not played

Edited by Pavlos Ge

So by running the numbers and some tests I've concluded the following:

A Single unarmed man can Punch through a Metal Wall/Gate in approximately; 1hr 20mins.
3 Unarmed Men can Punch through a Metal Wall/Gate in; 27mins.

Whilst this seems rather improbable at first thought, this will quickly become the new meta rather than finding tools or explosives effectively making base building rather unrewarding.
It can take hours to build just a single wall depending on finding the right tools and supplies to have it destroyed by someone that is literally unarmed in only an hour is rather upsetting.
Alternatively three unarmed guys steam roll your gate in only half hour like termites as you were away from base or logged out for that mere half hour. 
EDIT: Worst case scenario; a simple AFK Macro or Auto-Clicker to take away your hard work effortlessly.

Two ideas to balance:
1: Punching has a small chance to cause bleed, so consistent punching like this is difficult
2: Remove punching as a means of damaging bases.

I wasn't sure if this belonged in the feedback track as this isn't a bug just a potential oversight. 

Edited by The Road Warrior (DayZ)
  • Like 3

On 6/30/2020 at 9:31 PM, tommyxv said:

XML validation errors for the default cfgspawnabletypes.xml

Multiple lines with the comments.  This is just the first one

An error has been found!

Click on  to jump to the error. In the document, you can point at  with your mouse to see the error message.
Errors in the XML document:
    772:    9    The string "--" is not permitted within comments.

Easily fixed...

<!-- ARMY -->

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T150870