jakub_bohemia

Stable Update 1.08

3 hours ago, The Road Warrior (DayZ) said:

So by running the numbers and some tests I've concluded the following:

A Single unarmed man can Punch through a Metal Wall/Gate in approximately; 1hr 20mins.
3 Unarmed Men can Punch through a Metal Wall/Gate in; 27mins.

Whilst this seems rather improbable at first thought, this will quickly become the new meta rather than finding tools or explosives effectively making base building rather unrewarding.
It can take hours to build just a single wall depending on finding the right tools and supplies to have it destroyed by someone that is literally unarmed in only an hour is rather upsetting.
Alternatively three unarmed guys steam roll your gate in only half hour like termites as you were away from base or logged out for that mere half hour. 
EDIT: Worst case scenario; a simple AFK Macro or Auto-Clicker to take away your hard work effortlessly.

Two ideas to balance:
1: Punching has a small chance to cause bleed, so consistent punching like this is difficult
2: Remove punching as a means of damaging bases.

I wasn't sure if this belonged in the feedback track as this isn't a bug just a potential oversight. 

Punching a wall should cause health damage and bleeding pretty much straight away. More than two or three punches should be impossible. Punching a soft target (zed/player) should also have a small chance of causing bleeding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Hi guys, we have the first hotfix for the 1.08 update going live. The console version will receive this update shortly as well. We are aware of the current performance issues, and the team is looking into them as we speak. As soon as we can verify a fix for them, it will be deployed to you as a separate hotfix.

Version: 1.08.153251

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: Tents could be placed from large height differences
  • Fixed: Loading a bullet could cause the weapon to break
  • Fixed: Holding an item on quickbar while opening the inventory would end up with the widget getting stuck
  • Fixed: It was not possible to stack bark in the fireplace
  • Fixed: Items did not have a proper weight when split in the inventory
  • Fixed: It was possible to refill a ruined radiator in a car
  • Fixed: Dismantling the first floor of the watchtower would set the watchtower to a ruined state
  • Fixed: It was possible to attach 4 pieces of cooking equipment to the fireplace

CHANGED

• Changed: The sceneComplexity value in the profile files is now clamped, preventing users from setting custom values
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 2

On 6/30/2020 at 1:52 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Have you heard of this new trend going called Coronavirus or Covid 19? That further delayed the updates... 

Is this the new one for the next upcoming 6 years ? 

Edited by LoveAffair
  • Beans 1

One thing we're noticing is building fences has become quite awkward. Obviously same on console. So before the update you could fortify houses quite well, now when you build two walls that overlap slightly (not go inside each other of course as you can't) you can build the bases but one wont let you build the top or bottom of the frame. Same for at the top of stairs, used to build a gate, now I can't build the top frame even though it doesn't seem like it would clip into the roof etc. Had others say they've had issues completed watchtowers or building fences near them, again won't let you actually build all sections of the fence/tower even though base was fine. No clear obstructions. Dial it back to 1.07 placement wise if that's changed..

• Like 1

I havn't been able to light a fire on xbox since the update, sometimes the action comes up but it never activates. Can't figure out how to get the fireplaces to work either, the doors open on the little stoves... thats it.

• Like 1

build the fire ( dont light )  .. pick up and place in the stove .. it gives u an option to place in the stove

Edited by Chainsaw_Squirrel

On 6/29/2020 at 3:58 PM, jakub_bohemia said:
  • Added: Server config parameters disableBaseDamage and disableContainerDamage, setting them to 1 will disable damage and destruction on relevant objects (see our server config documentation)
  • Added: Parameters necessary for the idle mode (CE will be paused when there is no player on the server)

@jakub_bohemia If the server config documentation referred to is this topic it needs to be updated, it has not been edited since 1.0. If there is more updated documentation somewhere else, please provide a link, I am very curious about the config options for BaseDamage and that new idle mode.

2 minutes ago, Chainsaw_Squirrel said:

build the fire ( dont light )  .. pick up and place in the stove .. it gives u an option to place in the stove

lol, wow thanks for that. i feel like i tried everything else. If there was a naked handstand button... i was this close.

• Haha 1

Are we unable to light fires if we place it on the floor of a building?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Uncle Zed said:

Are we unable to light fires if we place it on the floor of a building?

Yes, it is now only possible in buildings with very tall ceilings, a few industrial buildings and that's it I believe. Too restrictive imho, lighting a fire on the dirt/concrete floor of barns and warehouses should be possible. (On the other hand it makes the portable stove more valuable.)

Edited by Derleth

For the love of GOD, can we please get a fix for items being stuck in containers and item desync? It is maddening, especially when you're trying to build. 

Please guys just uninstall, there is so much cheaters everywhere, some are just better at hiding. There is no point playing.

5 hours ago, Derleth said:

If the server config documentation referred to is this topic it needs to be updated, it has not been edited since 1.0. If there is more updated documentation somewhere else, please provide a link, I am very curious about the config options for BaseDamage and that new idle mode.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Server_Configuration

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Derleth said:

@jakub_bohemia If the server config documentation referred to is this topic it needs to be updated, it has not been edited since 1.0. If there is more updated documentation somewhere else, please provide a link, I am very curious about the config options for BaseDamage and that new idle mode.

Updates have been added to the configuration page, not sure if all of them are there though.

Base damage is at the bottom of the "Additional Parameters" section.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Server_Configuration 🙂

Good update, long awaited. The broken game turned into a state - it remained broken.
When will the old problems be repaired, according to signed tickets, more than a year ago, or who fell into this past period? Where and how can we see that you are looking at them or do you have a plan for their repair?

Trecker> Search> Advanced Search - displays old plans to repair the game from versions up to 1.00. Put it in order, remove the old garbage.

For some reason a waterbottle/canteen filled at a well is super heavy, although they say in the inventory "About 1kg" it consumes a large amount of stamina.

Really upsetting to certain people on here telling us to delete the game due to cheaters. Or people saying "wahh this game is broken and I hate it" if that's the case why are you posting on this site? You do know that traffic is revenue right? So coming on here to bitch about a game you claim to no longer play is actually more harmful to your cause. Hopefully after reading this you'll stop coming on here to complain about shit while simultaneously not offering sound solutions.

You people are legit children...I do see some decent comments and I thank those who posted their sound ideas. However the rest of the baby griefers...please go back to call of duty. 

Thanks 

Hmmm, after the hotfix i started to getting server crashes:
NULL pointer to instance
Class:      'DayZPlayerInventory'
Function: 'ProccessInputData'
Stack trace:
scripts/4_World/systems\inventory\dayzplayerinventory.c:503
scripts/4_World/systems\inventory\dayzplayerinventory.c:858
scripts/4_World/systems\inventory\dayzplayerinventory.c:418

1 hour ago, Grants said:

Really upsetting to certain people on here telling us to delete the game due to cheaters. Or people saying "wahh this game is broken and I hate it" if that's the case why are you posting on this site? You do know that traffic is revenue right? So coming on here to bitch about a game you claim to no longer play is actually more harmful to your cause. Hopefully after reading this you'll stop coming on here to complain about shit while simultaneously not offering sound solutions.

You people are legit children...I do see some decent comments and I thank those who posted their sound ideas. However the rest of the baby griefers...please go back to call of duty. 

Thanks  

We publish here, but we do not see a change in priority for old problems.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/maniphest/query/vTk.2OrlwkPZ/

• Beans 1

Hello, DayZ community!

I think it would go without saying that the game and it's players deserve an update that solely focuses on fixing bugs and handling glitches, the sort. It should be absolutely fine that we don't get any new stuff with an update every once in a while. The kiddies can cry on, but the dedicated players are already frustrated enough with the amount of bugs and glitches within the game, new and old. I know that BI's development team isn't big, so please take your time and take care of yourself.

Thank you.

• Beans 1

When interacting with a knife while eviscerating a chicken. Is it possible that it will no longer cause access to the inventory. And no more weapons chance can be executed. A relog fix the problem!

WIN-VI6TH0IMAB8, 03.07 2020 13:03:37
NULL pointer to instance
Class: 'DayZPlayerInventory'
Stack trace:
scripts/4_World/systems\inventory\dayzplayerinventory.c:503
scripts/4_World/systems\inventory\dayzplayerinventory.c:858
scripts/4_World/systems\inventory\dayzplayerinventory.c:418

WIN-VI6TH0IMAB8, 03.07 2020 13:15:26
NULL pointer to instance
Class: 'DayZPlayerInventory'