jakub_bohemia

Experimental Update 1.08

9 hours ago, dokumenty said:

Quicker I will expect DayZ 2 on full enfusion than Arma4. This title I`m sure will be released when engine will be able to hold enough AI.

It's funny. Brian Hicks said Dayz is only using a fork of the Enfusion....I am sure that Dayz will be updated further if and when Arma4 drops, because this version of the game has only been out for about 2 years and there is still alot to build on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monosof said:

Dayz Twitter said that the update will come to consoles this month. That means within the next 6 days, I assume they have gotten the verification process out of the way with Sony and Xbox and plan to drop the game the same time as the PC as they did once in the past. So hopefully we all go stable within that time.

I wonder if this is good or bad news. There is nothing mentioned at the changelogs about performance fixes for console or desync/inventory fixes. I do hope that it won't be worse than with 1.07. May the DayZ gods be with us this time...

8 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

I wonder if this is good or bad news. There is nothing mentioned at the changelogs about performance fixes for console or desync/inventory fixes. I do hope that it won't be worse than with 1.07. May the DayZ gods be with us this time...

Don’t have much experience with console vs pc dev on this game... but the listed fixes at the bottom of patch notes, under fixes - hidden as well as their experimental branch ‘hot fixes’ actually deal with a fuck ton of both inventory and desync issues.  Some of which have been around for almost as long as I’ve been playing. I gotta give it to them, if they have actually fixed the issues they have listed as fixed... there are an unbelievable amount of really shitty bugs that will be gone.  Bugs I’ve never seen them say ‘oh we fixed this’ they just remained on feedback tracker or known issues.  

Since the tweet about release to Stable was referencing console specifically by end of month, that makes me think Microsoft and Sony have some sort of ‘push’ mechanism where devs are ‘encouraged’ to meet timelines to coordinate marketing yada yada.

Point is... I can’t see them releasing the listed fixes here only for PC and then dropping a ‘lite’ 1.08 for console.  That would go over like shit.  Also they haven’t mentioned any split, so I’m betting and hoping the fixes listed on this are global... and are going to finally rid us of a whole whack of the most annoying bugs. 

This fix list is actually pretty swole. lol

Edited by TacticallyPractical
  • Like 2

The new version of the 1.08 Experimental has just been released. Thank you for your feedback!

Version: 1.08.153228 (Release date: 25 Jun 2020) 

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: The side-room of the aircraft shelter was impenetrable, even when doors were opened
  • Fixed: The Sporter 22 hunting optic was floating above the gun
  • Fixed: An issue that would prevent kindling to get combined in the fireplace

CHANGED

• Changed: Kindling and fuel will not get ruined while burning in the fireplace and thus allow combing with new ones, before disappearing

SERVER

• Changed: Updated the offline CE files to latest version
  • Beans 2

15 minutes ago, jakub_bohemia said:

Version: 1.08.153228 (Release date: 25 Jun 2020) 

• Fixed: An issue that would prevent kindling to get combined in the fireplace

CHANGED

• Changed: Kindling and fuel will not get ruined while burning in the fireplace and thus allow combing with new ones, before disappearing

Thank you! Does the above fix and change also apply to the similar issue that torches could not be refueled with new rags?

Edited by Derleth

How about light sources vanishing when you zoom in at night , How long is that beauty gonna stay unfixed ? It's like the guy with the flashlight running around at night has the advantage over the sniper hiding in the dark with his useless scope at night.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LoveAffair said:

How about light sources vanishing when you zoom in at night , How long is that beauty gonna stay unfixed ? It's like the guy with the flashlight running around at night has the advantage over the sniper hiding in the dark with his useless scope at night.

+1, this is such a annoying bug. Same as with the problem that players often fall/glitch into walls or outside of buildings when killed. We need proper ragdoll physics, its 2020!!!

Edited by SillyJoe

Fix the ballistics and caliber balance. Restore it how it used to be. Also give us bones breaking.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Fix the ballistics and caliber balance. Restore it how it used to be. Also give us bones breaking.

+1 on ballistics and caliber balance but I would rather have proper ragdoll and physics than broken bones...

2 hours ago, VVarhead said:

breaking bones will come later this year.. i'm just guessing maybe 1.09 🙂 September maybe? 

8 hours ago, LoveAffair said:

That's how it works. I don't know if it will be fixed, but most likely not.

From DayZ project lead Adam Franců aka Sumrak:

"this is the way distant lights work, when looking from distance, you cant have shadows on them so the effect is somewhat faked, but in many cases, it results in the light source being a lot more visible than when closer (in shadow)"

Just make the light source not render from too far away or maybe when a certain distance threshold is passed, make it render in a different, simpler way. (remember those old 2dfx from renderware games)

I think it's a plausible temporary solution while the engine can't provide anything better.

IMO.

@bohamia, request, once the update is ready and the exact date/time when it will be added will be known, let us know a little earlier. Due to the changes you make, many servers, including ours, must take steps to adapt it.

Edited by kirlen
  • Like 1

WHY THE HELL do you removed the old wrecked cars from Chernarus?
now there are way to much new car wrecks all over the place!
all the wrecks looks the same, there are way to much spawns for carparts!!!
the new wrecks cant be open correct!

My question:
Why do you not made the new carwrecks like the policecar-wrecks as events???

I hate this new mechanic!!!

2 hours ago, Christopher Janzen said:

My question:

the whole point of the new wrecks is to spawn car parts.. it's realistic that there is a lot of car parts it would be just like in Real life like obviously.. but i do agree that there needs to be some variety like new+old wrecks and some new NEW wrecks of some other vehicles... like at this point it's only Gunter 2... Lada's ... Skoda's some V3S variants... Buses.. 
When are we getting Gunter 3 ? the one from DayZ mod ( Gunter 3 because in real life Gunter 2 is Volkswagen Golf Mk2 and the Gunter 3 would be Golf Mk3 xD  ) 
245.jpg

With the new base destruction mechanic , does anyone know if two people can attack a base wall at the same time and speed up the destruction process ? 

And please remove that duct tape repairs weapons... Not even the worse modded servers have that goin anymore , and there giving out lazer guns , jetpacks and stealth fighters to anyone that joins there servers  😋    Remove that ... its absurd to fix an AKM with a strip of tape and makes the weapon cleaning kit useless.

• Thanks 1

I noticed, but didnt read anywhere, that fat size in inventory has been reduced (3x2 to 2x2).

I think fat was already OP enough and it didnt need more.

Maybe calories it provide has been reduced as well to compensate?

Furthermore, I substantially like the new aim system but I think that now shot in standing stance is too much easy.

Shot with scope in standing position should bring a little sway even holding breath.

3 hours ago, LoveAffair said:

With the new base destruction mechanic , does anyone know if two people can attack a base wall at the same time and speed up the destruction process ? 

And please remove that duct tape repairs weapons... Not even the worse modded servers have that goin anymore , and there giving out lazer guns , jetpacks and stealth fighters to anyone that joins there servers  😋    Remove that ... its absurd to fix an AKM with a strip of tape and makes the weapon cleaning kit useless.

THAT\s how you fix an AK what do you mean? lol

3 hours ago, LoveAffair said:

Bro... duct tape fixing EVERYTHING is literally part of zombie survival lore.  It’s in so many games.  I mean think about it... you’re talking about ‘fixing a weapon’ you don’t ‘fix’ weapons unless you’re an armourer.  That whole mechanic is entirely made up to force crafting and introduce a player managed mechanic for misfires / jams and needing new weapons.  

honestly I don’t know any zombie crafting game without it lol.  

lazer packs and stealth fighters? Bro expansion added helicopters.  Relax.  Also when there’s 90 billion guns and everyone has tanks.  Ya so you know about ArmA right?  Dayz is meant to be old school.  It’s meant to be ‘loot scarce’  I play on community servers all the time it’s fun but it’s not same.  Who cares tho lol.

why not both?

as for attacking a base... I don’t see why not as it’s not an action anymore.  Walls just have a hit point total and anything that does HP damage will lower it.  Shooting wall with AK is technically just speed hack punching the wall to death.  You can def have two people shooting at wall.  Don’t see why melee would be any different.

But yeah.  You know how long I would look for a weapon cleaning kit to ready a new weapon I found?  Approximately zero minutes and no seconds.  Just fucking pour boiling water all over it, dissassemble and then use axle grease.  An AK would literally be good for fucking years with just that.  

this post was brought to you by DuctTapeGang

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Christopher Janzen said:

My question:

Uhm because the old ones looked ugly?  Be happy that they actually still invest time in making this game look better. Besides, those car wrecks are very functional, by spawning car parts. Have you tried building a car by looking for each part in a shed? It takes ages.

Lastly, when they introduce new cars like the truck and bus we probably see more variation 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, amadieus said:

Lastly, when they introduce new cars like the truck and bus we probably see more variation 

Can't wait for 2030!

• Haha 4

Devs are killing the game, remember the origin of survival, hunting, fishing and trying to maintain a safe base. you are going against the game! Watch out! it's been 10 long years waiting for improvement and not making the game another boring pvp game

• Beans 1